kaffy

May 2010 I-751 filers

1,063 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Still no Bio date. Should I be concerned? Should I call? Thoughts from the board?

Don't be concerned yet. Just call USCIS and get your receipt number so you can check status online. Looks like the USCIS is still struggling with its computers. Nobody has received Biometrics appointments for sometime now.

I just got off the phone with someone, and they would not provide a receipt number, but instead started some action that will find out why I have not received the appointment notice. She told me this process can take up to 45 days. They notify Vermont that I did not receive bio date, they in turn contact the local Bio office to schedule. This is disappointing, but I should not complain, because all along this journey there has never been one single delay. I guess it was to be expected. I was told not to call for 45 days, what does the board think of that? Happy 4th of July to everyone~

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France
Timeline

@ lovelylili

When I first called I had a the same experience you just did, but then I waited a couple days and called again this time asking to talk to an Immigration Officer (not the Agents) because I wanted to make sure the bio letter wasn't lost. They transfered me and the IO was very helpful and did give me the correct receipt number she also confirmed there was no date scheduled yet. Hope this helps, I know how frustrating this all is...

I-751 timeline (Vermont)

05/11/2010 - I-751 mailed

05/14/2010 - NOA1 received

05/21/2010 - USCIS touch

07/10/2010 - USCIS touch

08/11/2010 - Biometrics (mailed on 07/23/2010)

08/13/2010 - Card production ordered

08/23/2010 - Green Card in the mail :)

Filed: Timeline

I just got off the phone with someone, and they would not provide a receipt number, but instead started some action that will find out why I have not received the appointment notice. She told me this process can take up to 45 days. They notify Vermont that I did not receive bio date, they in turn contact the local Bio office to schedule. This is disappointing, but I should not complain, because all along this journey there has never been one single delay. I guess it was to be expected. I was told not to call for 45 days, what does the board think of that? Happy 4th of July to everyone~

Same here, I just talked to them too! IO said she didn't have a case number in her system because bio had not been scheduled (which I expected because my old bio is less than 15 months old, and I probably won't have to do new bio). The IO put in a service request though since it had been more than 30 days since filing (service request reason states: 1) no bio appt, 2) plus applicant requests case number for online status check). She told me that within 45 days I'd either get a bio letter or a letter with my case number (if bio is not needed).

I did find out that if you don't hear anything within 30 days, you can use the service request confirmation number and email your service center directly. And now back to waiting...

I think I will wait it out for a few more days and then call and tryl to obtain my receipt number. I noticed on the timeline that they are tracking here on VJ that there is one person from the VERMONT service center who has fallen right in line with many earlier in the month, but from that point forward it looks as though there are several of us in a limbo state. I am a patient person thank God, but I would like confirmation that the process is ok, and that all is well. A notification from USCIS on their website describing a problem would be helpful, but to acknowledge a problem displays weakness. I must be filled with weakness...

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Thanks to AndieR, we called USCIS again today.

The customer service representative we spoke with was very friendly, polite and professional. This time it was less then a one minute hold before she answered the line. We responded to her questions, and then asked to speak to an Immigrations Officer. It was less then a one minute hold to get to an Immigrations Officer, and we responded to her questions, and she provided the CR I-89 receipt number.

Oops :blush: Thanks for the correcting. I should be more careful... Good job bszoom42 :thumbs:

I'm just glad to assist. Thank you for all your hard work! :thumbs:

I did find out that if you don't hear anything within 30 days, you can use the service request confirmation number and email your service center directly. And now back to waiting...

This is another great piece of information. I love this forum! :)

Thanks to AndieR, we called USCIS again today.

The customer service representative we spoke with was very friendly, polite and professional. This time it was less then a one minute hold before she answered the line. We responded to her questions, and then asked to speak to an Immigrations Officer. It was less then a one minute hold to get to an Immigrations Officer, and we responded to her questions, and she provided the CR I-89 receipt number.

What's the CR I-89 receipt number? Can anyone please let me know?

Timeline

What's the CR I-89 receipt number? Can anyone please let me know?

When I spoke with the USCIS Immigrations Officer, they mentioned that the I-751 receipt number is sent on the NOA1. It is not meant to be trackable online at the USCIS website. If you read the full text of the NOA1 though (I attached a copy of my to an earlier post in this thread) it mentions the CR I-89 case can be tracked. The Receipt number that comes with the Biometrics is actually tied to the CR I-89 case. An I-89 form is an internal form that USCIS uses to issue permanant resident cards. The the CR before the I-89 probably stands for Conditional Resident.

Basically, what this amounts to is that filing an I-751 petition leads to a CR I-89 form that USCIS files on your behalf. The CR I-89 case status can be tracked on the USCIS website; whereas the I-751 case cannot be tracked. And the receipt number on the biometrics notice is the CR I-89 receipt number.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

When I spoke with the USCIS Immigrations Officer, they mentioned that the I-751 receipt number is sent on the NOA1. It is not meant to be trackable online at the USCIS website. If you read the full text of the NOA1 though (I attached a copy of my to an earlier post in this thread) it mentions the CR I-89 case can be tracked. The Receipt number that comes with the Biometrics is actually tied to the CR I-89 case. An I-89 form is an internal form that USCIS uses to issue permanant resident cards. The the CR before the I-89 probably stands for Conditional Resident.

Basically, what this amounts to is that filing an I-751 petition leads to a CR I-89 form that USCIS files on your behalf. The CR I-89 case status can be tracked on the USCIS website; whereas the I-751 case cannot be tracked. And the receipt number on the biometrics notice is the CR I-89 receipt number.

Thanks so much for the information , so I will ask for my CR- I 89 on tuesday number, maybe we can do that all of us to follow our case, Happy 4th of July!!! today is my birthday hehe.

Timeline

Thanks so much for the information , so I will ask for my CR- I 89 on tuesday number, maybe we can do that all of us to follow our case, Happy 4th of July!!! today is my birthday hehe.

Happy birthday!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Enjoy your special day!

NATURALIZATION
07-03-2013: Eligible to file
07-22-2013: Application sent (Delivered: 07-24-13)
08-05-2013: NOA1 received (Priority date: 07-24-13, Check cashed: 07-29-13)
08-22-2013: Biometrics (Received: 08-06-13, Walk-in: 08-08-13)
09-03-2013: Inline for interview (Yellow letter received: 10-23-13)
11-04-2013: Interview scheduled (Received: 11-09-13)
12-12-2013: Interview (Approved)
01-03-2014: Oath ceremony, passport application and passport received

DONE!

Thank you bsZoom42 for the detailed info.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

May filers will soon start seeing things moving again. The bio appointments are rolling in for the June people already! I expect to see a lot of activity in this thread over the next 2 weeks.

Edited by Jamericanlove

NATURALIZATION
07-03-2013: Eligible to file
07-22-2013: Application sent (Delivered: 07-24-13)
08-05-2013: NOA1 received (Priority date: 07-24-13, Check cashed: 07-29-13)
08-22-2013: Biometrics (Received: 08-06-13, Walk-in: 08-08-13)
09-03-2013: Inline for interview (Yellow letter received: 10-23-13)
11-04-2013: Interview scheduled (Received: 11-09-13)
12-12-2013: Interview (Approved)
01-03-2014: Oath ceremony, passport application and passport received

DONE!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France
Timeline

@ Jamericanlove

Pray God you're right...

I-751 timeline (Vermont)

05/11/2010 - I-751 mailed

05/14/2010 - NOA1 received

05/21/2010 - USCIS touch

07/10/2010 - USCIS touch

08/11/2010 - Biometrics (mailed on 07/23/2010)

08/13/2010 - Card production ordered

08/23/2010 - Green Card in the mail :)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

May filers will soon start seeing things moving again. The bio appointments are rolling in for the June people already! I expect to see a lot of activity in this thread over the next 2 weeks.

And that's the problem. If June appointments are already "rolling in", then that is a serious situation for us May filers. It's never good when later filers get finished first :angry:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.