GNAR

Very Disappointed

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We are very disappointed.

My fiancée had her interview at Abu Dhabi, U.A.E. on the 15th of July. She took all the papers which were examined by a clerk at the first counter. He said that all the papers and documents are complete and in order.

Then she was questioned by a consul officer. According to my fiancée he made fun of her, was condescending, that I did not spend enough money on the engagement ring, that our relationship is not compelling, we did not have proper engagement ceremony, etc.etc….

Her two children who were included in I129F were not interviewed.

My fiancée informed at it is not customary to have such a ceremony in our community, and she urged him, (even though she was upset) to read the email; look at the telephone log etc.

After looking at the emails, he informed her that he was satisfied with the relationship, and gave her a BLUEP PAPER marked 221g.

He also told her that it may take some time to get her the visa; she needs to come back after her number appears on the following Abu Dhabi embassy website

http://uae.usembassy.gov/immigrant_status.html

My fiancee is an East Indian divorece, has worked in Dubai for 10 years, with two children, 20 and 16. The daughter will turn 21 on Sept. 20, 2006.

They were all planning to come to U.S. soon, so as to start AOS beforethe daughter is "AGED OUT"

1. Has any one experianced such situation?

2. How long will it take for 221g to clear.

3. What should my next course of action, shouls I Email the consulate?

Please help

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Sorry for the problems you are encountering, and I hate to be the bearer of more bad news but even if her 20 year old daughter arrived in the US today it is doubtful that she would successfully adjust status.

Even though the I-129F permits a K-2 applicant up to the age of 21, K-2s are in a "black hole" in which every local office I have read about assumes that the AOS interview must have occurred before the 21st birthday or have essentially "aged-out" and cannot adjust status. They are seemingly not protected if the AOS has been submitted.

Hope you can get everything straightened out and wish you the best of luck.

1-21-09 Getting Naturalization documents together.

smiley-995.pngsmiley-996.png

Disclaimer: i dunno nuthin bout birthin no babys, or bout imugrayshun.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm sorry to hear about this.

What did the 221g say?

It sounds like in this case it is for security checks and that her petition is not being sent back to the US, but I am not sure we would have to know what the 221g said.

My fiance is from Morocco and got the same thing for security checks- or Administrative processing and his name was cleared in one week and he got his visa.

You should try to contact both the Consulate depending on how nice they are hopefully they can help you straighten things out. You should also call the Department of State tomorrow with your care number from the NVC to see if your fiancee is having security checks done. I don't have the number anymore but someone should be able to help you.

It doesn't sound like her case is denied, just a security check before they can issue the visa.

Good luck,

Sarah

ps. If you want to know more about 221g's, the people in the Middle East/North Africa forum are very knowledgable as this is a standard procedure for most of our husbands/fiances.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

The good news should be that the blue paper with 221g on it would be an approval. As to how things are done at consulates or anywhere in the UAE, I cannot say. I have no idea of their timeframes.

Good luck.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Have to agree with the others sounds like security checks and I would contact the embassy and ask for a status update. Good luck.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
sounds like security checks to me..

E mail embassy ask status of case.. :)

I think so too Shon.. look at this:

We have completed administrative processing for the following referenced immigrant visa applicants. Applicants referenced below should appear as soon as possible at the American Embassy in Abu Dhabi between 8:00 a.m. and 9:00 a.m. on any of the following days in the week; Saturday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday.

Applicants should appear in person with their passports and any other documents that may have been requested on the OF-194 or any other attachments. Please be advised that visa issuance is not guaranteed and will only be determined at the time of the final review of the entire application by the consular officer.

If your number does not appear below, please check back in one week.

Time for a new favorite site, then, ay?

Jaci - Florida , Ciprian - Brasov, Romania

we got married!

visiting 11/05

visiting for a month April 19 '06

visitng September 06

I love you Sweetheart!

Our Website

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Then she was questioned by a consul officer. According to my fiancée he made fun of her, was condescending, that I did not spend enough money on the engagement ring, that our relationship is not compelling, we did not have proper engagement ceremony, etc.etc….

WOW....you were penalize because you did not have proper engagement ceremony and I was penalize because I did have the proper engagement ceremony.

CAN WE GET SOME UNIFORMITY IN THE U.S. EMBASSY???

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

sounds like security checks to me..

E mail embassy ask status of case.. :)

I think so too Shon.. look at this:

We have completed administrative processing for the following referenced immigrant visa applicants. Applicants referenced below should appear as soon as possible at the American Embassy in Abu Dhabi between 8:00 a.m. and 9:00 a.m. on any of the following days in the week; Saturday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday.

Applicants should appear in person with their passports and any other documents that may have been requested on the OF-194 or any other attachments. Please be advised that visa issuance is not guaranteed and will only be determined at the time of the final review of the entire application by the consular officer.

If your number does not appear below, please check back in one week.

Time for a new favorite site, then, ay?

Thanks for your help and support.

My fiancee got two papers:

1. Optional form 194( the exact#is not clear)

221(g) box is checked, the next line is, Administrative processing

2. The Second piece of paper:

Your case needs further administrative procesing ec, etc..., and tells to contact the embassy after the case number appears on the web site

I sicerely hope, as you all have said it is the security issue, and hope it will be solved soon.

I will email the consulate and try to contact the NVC.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
Thanks for your help and support.

My fiancee got two papers:

1. Optional form 194( the exact#is not clear)

221(g) box is checked, the next line is, Administrative processing

2. The Second piece of paper:

Your case needs further administrative procesing ec, etc..., and tells to contact the embassy after the case number appears on the web site

I sicerely hope, as you all have said it is the security issue, and hope it will be solved soon.

I will email the consulate and try to contact the NVC.

Personally I'm relieved for you that it appears to be Admin Review or processing, although as many people know, that sometimes really sucks too. Still I think this is all encouraging, and that you were actually approved pending some checks. Hang in there.

Jaci

Jaci - Florida , Ciprian - Brasov, Romania

we got married!

visiting 11/05

visiting for a month April 19 '06

visitng September 06

I love you Sweetheart!

Our Website

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.