Rosie and David

Denial after getting married in the States

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Has anyone else read this story?

http://www.kfvs12.com/Global/story.asp?S=11214466

I think that they might have not requested or applied for AOS but instead requested Citizenship for her .. BUT NOT SURE

It's and ugly thing to read since Rosie and I are having some small problems at this time with her AOS.

Our is the Age difference and Agents have come to the house to interview her. ALL IS OK for now.

Rosie and David

single 15 years married 5 months ....now I know what peaks and valleys are in life. LOVE my wife hehehe

Ofcourse they would be denied, she came here on what visa? she is applying for citizenship? does any of these add up? they better contact an immigration lawyer fast.

Alot of people dont know anything about the immigration process (just like all of us here when we started). It would serve them right to read up on it AND contact someone who SHOULD know.

For this, i think the USCIS did the right thing except if there is something else the couple is not saying.

I think that they might have not requested or applied for AOS but instead requested Citizenship for her .. BUT NOT SURE

It's and ugly thing to read since Rosie and I are having some small problems at this time with her AOS.

Our is the Age difference and Agents have come to the house to interview her. ALL IS OK for now.

Rosie and David

09/20/2009 (Day 01): N-400 Mailed to Lewisville, TX (Express Mail with Delivery Confirmation)

09/22/2009 (Day 03): N-400 Delivered @ Lewisville, TX @ 9:30am

09/24/2009 (Day 05): Check Cleared

09/28/2009 (Day 08): NOA Received (Priority Date: 09/24/2009)

10/30/2009 (Day 40): (FP Notice Received (scheduled for 11/17/2009)

10/30/2009 (Day 40): (FP done via walk-in on 10/30/2009)

11-07-2009 (Day 48): Touched online for "testing & interview"

11/09/2009 (Day 50): Interview Letter Received

12/10/2009 (Day 81): Interview Date @ 12:30pm (re-scheduled for Dec 21 @ 12:30pm)

02/03/2010 (Day 137): Oath

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Rosie and David

I think you will be ok Rosie will have her greencard. I dont think the age will determine if a person is illegible to have her greencard. My Husband and I have 34 yrs of difference and it was never brought up on our interview, as a matter of fact my husband was never ask.

Tom brought Cherry to the United States to get married. They thought everything was going fine until they got a letter in the mail Saturday from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service.

I think that the woman in the story came on a tourist visa (with the intent to marry and STAY). This guy doesn't have a clue about immigration laws, and it doesn't sound like he consulted with anybody who does. :bonk:

You always here stories about foreigners who come to the US and marry a USC and become citizens. Well, what you usually don't hear in these stories is that the person has to come here either on a k visa or on a tourist visa with no intent. First, there is permanent residence, and eventually citizenship a few years down the road. I guess "Tom" is the efficient type, so he wanted to "streamline" the process a little. :unsure::rofl:

She should and will get sent home. Their option may be to do a K-3, but since they committed visa fraud (assuming she came on a tourist visa with intent), they may not even get that. I hope Tom enjoys living in the Philippines.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

The story is soooo incomplete. No mention of what Visa she came on but they screwed up by going straight to citizenship! Geez..

“You need to be aware of what others are doing, applaud their efforts, acknowledge their successes, and encourage them in their pursuits. When we all help one another, everybody wins.” - Jim Stovall -

Our Journey

2008-08-15 .......... Married on K-1!!!!

2009-08-28 .......... Sent AOS (I-485 and I-765) Application to Chicago

2009-09-11 .......... NOA 1 for I-485 and I-765

2009-09-25 .......... Biometrics Appointment in Charlotte, NC (walk-in)

2009-10-08 .......... EAD Approved (CRIS update)

2009-10-08 .......... I-485 Touched, I-485 Case transferred to CSC (CRIS update)

2009-10-09 .......... Biometrics Appointment #2 in Charlotte, NC (walk-in)

2009-10-15 .......... I-485 Case transferred to USCIS office

2009-10-16 .......... I-485 Touched, EAD card arrived in the mail

2009-10-19 .......... I-485 Touched

2009-11-04 .......... I-485 Touched

2009-11-05 .......... I-485 RFE (CRIS update)

2009-11-06 .......... I-485 Touched

2009-11-10 .......... RFE arrived in the mail

2009-11-12 .......... RFE response sent back to CSC

2009-11-17 .......... RFE Received at CSC (CRIS update)

2009-11-18 .......... I-485 Touched

2009-11-23 .......... I-485 Notice that new permanent resident status has been registered

2009-11-24 .......... I-485 Card production ordered

2009-11-25 .......... I-485 Touched

2009-11-30 .......... I-485 Approval Notice sent, Permanent Resident Card in the mail!!!

Tom brought Cherry to the United States to get married.

That sounds more like she came on a K-1 and maybe they filed incorrectly, or ignored/did not receive an RFE, which if not responded to would trigger a denial. The terminology is completely wrong.

She applied for a US citizenship and a work visa
??? Those two are in no way related, and one would not be applying for those simultaneously. Why would the news service post such an piece without researching. Bad journalism.
funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Please don't talk about things you don't have the facts on. We're the couple from the story, we did not apply for citizenship like Dave & Rosie wrote. We only applied for a work visa and a change of status. I do know what I'm doing having used visa journey to help fill out our forms.

Ofcourse they would be denied, she came here on what visa? she is applying for citizenship? does any of these add up? they better contact an immigration lawyer fast.

Alot of people dont know anything about the immigration process (just like all of us here when we started). It would serve them right to read up on it AND contact someone who SHOULD know.

For this, i think the USCIS did the right thing except if there is something else the couple is not saying.

Rosie and David

Edited by bearcat982

That sounds more like she came on a K-1 and maybe they filed incorrectly, or ignored/did not receive an RFE, which if not responded to would trigger a denial. The terminology is completely wrong.

??? Those two are in no way related, and one would not be applying for those simultaneously. Why would the news service post such an piece without researching. Bad journalism.

The story is lacking too much information to know what happened. But it is obvious the writer knows nothing about immigration.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Agreed that was poorly written so it leaves us with little to go on.

Filed: Other Timeline

Perhaps, she didn't apply for AOS or 3-5 years requirements to acquire citizenship, or other problems. Or, the person, who reported this article is crappy journalist. :rofl:

Edited by S*J

Life is not a granting factory, according to my colleague.

I'm on your side...

Filed: Timeline
Please don't talk about things you don't have the facts on. We're the couple from the story, we did not apply for citizenship like Dave & Rosie wrote. We only applied for a work visa and a change of status. I do know what I'm doing having used visa journey to help fill out our forms.

Well, people are commenting on what the story says... not our fault if the reporter is an idiot and did not get the facts straight. One would need to be a real idiot to apply for citizenship and a work visa once coming in with a K-1. Chillax.

Well, people are commenting on what the story says... not our fault if the reporter is an idiot and did not get the facts straight. One would need to be a real idiot to apply for citizenship and a work visa once coming in with a K-1. Chillax.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

See ya kids.....time to do something.

Edited by S*J

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Heh,

USCIS did not return reporter's call.... :rofl:

REALLY?!....

CR-1 Timeline

March'07 NOA1 date, case transferred to CSC

June'07 NOA2 per USCIS website!

Waiver I-751 timeline

July'09 Check cashed.

Jan'10 10 year GC received.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

Rosie and David

Don't worry about age difference -- it might come up in the interview, but it is not an issue. Some information is missing from that story you shared, so it's hard to see why this happened. Best guess is that she didn't apply for AOS. Anyway, USCIS probably acted properly. Any good reporter would know to call USCIS's public information office.

Edited by Old Dominion

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.