MsSheka

NVC October 2009 edition

2,867 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Guys I need your help!

We're still waiting for the emails from NVC, hopefully Tuesday...but in a few days my husband is coming to London and then we're going away on holiday for a fortnight, and ideally we'd like to continue with the NVC process as much as possible while we're away! (the holiday was planned before we got to NVC!)

I'm a little confused (actually a lot lol) at this point, I know we're waiting for the emails so that I can confirm I want my husband to be my agent and to pay the first set of fees, ie the DS3032 and the AOS, and that these can both be done online...correct so far?

Then what? What I'm really confused about is the I-864...some people are doing it online, others hard copy...how do we know which applies to us? And if we can do it online, do we just send scan all the tax transcripts, form etc?

Any help is much appreciated as for some reason I just can't make heads nor tails of anything at the moment :(

since you have your case number, technically you can print off the ds3032 online, and mail in the hard copy. as far as the aos you have to wait until they give you your pin number so you can pay it online. the reason people want to wait for the email is because it has the barcode on there.

as for the i864, right now, only canada and i believe a chinese consulate is allowing the opportunity to process online. we have to print it out, and mail it in.

i actually had my husband sign the ds3032 so i could have it ready for when i needed to send it in, but opted to wait.

since your husband is coming, you can go ahead and get your ds230 ready so he can just mail it in when they accept the ds3032. that will also cut down on the waiting process. we have ours all ready to go, but unfortunately, our ds3032 is still waiting.

Have a question. Wish to be working a few steps ahead on I-864 EZ

For someone who's an hourly employee, QUESTION # 18 on I-864 EZ, MY INDIVIDUAL ANNUAL INCOME IS CURRENTLY? SHould I put the global which hr rate X 2080, or the year to date on my current pay stub? In both circumstance I'll be still be above the required 125%

Thank you in advance

if i were you, i would use your annual income. less confusion that way. do they not put it on your check stub? or your employment letter?

Give Generously, Live Fully, Laugh Often, Love Completely...AND PRAY ALWAYS!!!

He is home!!!

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys I need your help!

We're still waiting for the emails from NVC, hopefully Tuesday...but in a few days my husband is coming to London and then we're going away on holiday for a fortnight, and ideally we'd like to continue with the NVC process as much as possible while we're away! (the holiday was planned before we got to NVC!)

I'm a little confused (actually a lot lol) at this point, I know we're waiting for the emails so that I can confirm I want my husband to be my agent and to pay the first set of fees, ie the DS3032 and the AOS, and that these can both be done online...correct so far?

Then what? What I'm really confused about is the I-864...some people are doing it online, others hard copy...how do we know which applies to us? And if we can do it online, do we just send scan all the tax transcripts, form etc?

Any help is much appreciated as for some reason I just can't make heads nor tails of anything at the moment :(

since you have your case number, technically you can print off the ds3032 online, and mail in the hard copy. as far as the aos you have to wait until they give you your pin number so you can pay it online. the reason people want to wait for the email is because it has the barcode on there.

as for the i864, right now, only canada and i believe a chinese consulate is allowing the opportunity to process online. we have to print it out, and mail it in.

i actually had my husband sign the ds3032 so i could have it ready for when i needed to send it in, but opted to wait.

since your husband is coming, you can go ahead and get your ds230 ready so he can just mail it in when they accept the ds3032. that will also cut down on the waiting process. we have ours all ready to go, but unfortunately, our ds3032 is still waiting.

For someone who's an hourly employee, QUESTION # 18 on I-864 EZ, MY INDIVIDUAL ANNUAL INCOME IS CURRENTLY? SHould I put the global which hr rate X 2080, or the year to date on my current pay stub? In both circumstance I'll be still be above the required 125%

Thank you in advance

if i were you, i would use your annual income. less confusion that way. do they not put it on your check stub? or your employment letter?

Thanks kaushalia, that's so much clearer now!! Another question, what's the difference between the I-864 and the I-864EZ that some are filling out, I have looked (promise!) but I can't tell...

Filed: Other Country: Cameroon
Timeline
Guys I need your help!

Thank you in advance

actually i was thinking on just putting the annual income, then sent my tax transcript from the IRS for the past three tax years since the income is pretty consistent.

04/29/2013 I 130

05/01/2013 NOA1

02/07/2014 NOA2

02/18/2014 NVC receive

03/14/2014 NVC Case#

03/17/2014 D261 (available and submitted)

03/18/2018 AOS fee (available and paid) in progress

03/19/2014 Mail AOS package

03/20/2014 AOS fee shows PAID online

03/20/2014 AOS delivered

03/31/2014 IV bill available and paid) in progress

04/01/2014 Mail IV documents

04/02/2014 IV fees shows PAID online

04/02/2014: IV package delivered to NVC

04/02/2014: Completed and submitted DS260

04/04/2014: Receive checklist for AOS

04/05/2014: Responded to checklist

04/23/2014: Case complete. Waiting for interview date

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
Guys I need your help!

Thank you in advance

Thanks kaushalia, that's so much clearer now!! Another question, what's the difference between the I-864 and the I-864EZ that some are filling out, I have looked (promise!) but I can't tell...

EZ is if you are using only your income, the 864 is if you are also using assets...

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Timeline
hey but i did 1864 and so did my cosponsor and we didnt put assets so did i do the wrong one did i had to do the ez ? omg

No, you can do the regular... The EZ was just to save paper... Your fine....

I-130

Citizenship Process;

hey but i did 1864 and so did my cosponsor and we didnt put assets so did i do the wrong one did i had to do the ez ? omg

Thanks Christeen for the info, but after looking at both I'd say that the EZ also helped save one's sanity :P

Timeline

Christeen

The problem is I am an hourly employee, hence my pay stub upto this point in time wouldn't show my total annual income. That's year to date. Secondly my employer didn't put my income on the employment letter. So i am thinking should just put my actually income (hourly rate x 2080) on the I 864 EZ (question 18), since the income will be shown on my tax transcript that i obtain from the IRS. I requested for the past three years. Must I attach pay stubs or I 864EZ and tax transcripts are enough

Thanks

04/29/2013 I 130

05/01/2013 NOA1

02/07/2014 NOA2

02/18/2014 NVC receive

03/14/2014 NVC Case#

03/20/2014 AOS delivered

Timeline

Christeen

The problem is I am an hourly employee, hence my pay stub upto this point in time wouldn't show my total annual income. That's year to date. Secondly my employer didn't put my income on the employment letter. So i am thinking should just put my actually income (hourly rate x 2080) on the I 864 EZ (question 18), since the income will be shown on my tax transcript that i obtain from the IRS. I requested for the past three years. Must I attach pay stubs or I 864EZ and tax transcripts are enough

Thanks

Wasent this answered in the above posts??? I see that the others suggest just what I would... Put your annual income... Your paystubs that you are sending are usually weekey or monthly, you can estimate from there what your monthly salary is correct?? just x12 for 2009 estimated annual income (a majority of us are paid hourly, thats not uncommon)... Since your inclome is not on your employment letter, send in 6 months of pay stubs...

I-130

Citizenship Process;

Timeline

Christeen

Thanks

Wasent this answered in the above posts??? I see that the others suggest just what I would... Put your annual income... Your paystubs that you are sending are usually weekey or monthly, you can estimate from there what your monthly salary is correct?? just x12 for 2009 estimated annual income (a majority of us are paid hourly, thats not uncommon)... Since your inclome is not on your employment letter, send in 6 months of pay stubs...

Okay. Thank you in advance

04/29/2013 I 130

05/01/2013 NOA1

02/07/2014 NOA2

02/18/2014 NVC receive

03/14/2014 NVC Case#

03/20/2014 AOS delivered

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
I am going to be such an expert in the NVC November 2009 edition :yes:

:lol: i am praying to be finished before november. hopefully i will join only as an advisor :rofl:

Well Kaushalia, I'm sure there will be plenty of room for two advisors in November NVC edition :lol:.

All heck broke loose on me in October so November it is for me. In the meantime, I'm memorizing package content lists and the virtues of I-864ez.

I'm also drilling a reluctant hubby on interview questions.

I wonder what this all means for me in terms of interview timing and 'visa in hand' timing. [sigh]

NVC:

2009-09-11 - NVC received.

2009-12-17 - Case complete e-mail message, sign in failed on website and AVR... YAY!

2009-12-17 - Waiting for an appointment assignment...

2009-12-29 - Interview assigned: February 11, 2010!

2010-01-06 - Case forwarded to consulate.

Consulate:

2010-01-12 - Medical exam part 1 of 2 complete.

2010-01-26 - Medical exam part 2 of 2 complete. Ouchie!

2010-02-11 - Interview results: Administrative Processing 221(g) :-(

2010-04-27 - 2nd interview results: Approved :-)

2010-05-04 - Visa in hand!

2010-05-08 - POE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

still waiting for the hard copy of NOA2 . the I130 was approved while we were not expecting it.

hopefully we will be hitting NVC soon

I-130 California Service Center

04/16/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

04/20/2009 - I-130 Received

04/24/2009 - I-130 NOA1

05/xx/2009 - Called Military Helpline, Expedite denied...now hubby's underway

08/13/2009 - touch

08/22/2009 - RFE left USCIS ,according to the website

09/23/2009 - still haven't got RFE from USCIS in the mail, requested them to send another copy of the letter

10/06/2009 - I130 approved , Never got the RFE though!

NVC

01/06/2010 - DS230 Sent

01/13/2010 - REF, supplemental information sheet required

01/18/2010 - supplemental info sheet sent

01/25/2010 - sign in failed

03/01/2010 - PINK

:lol: i am praying to be finished before november. hopefully i will join only as an advisor :rofl:

Well Kaushalia, I'm sure there will be plenty of room for two advisors in November NVC edition :lol: .

All heck broke loose on me in October so November it is for me. In the meantime, I'm memorizing package content lists and the virtues of I-864ez.

I wonder what this all means for me in terms of interview timing and 'visa in hand' timing. [sigh]

Its funny, I know the order of NVC packets better , then the contents in my own purse, LOL

We eat,sleep, and breath this stuff. I dont think I studied this hard in college for exams, as I did the NVC guides. SICK!!! LOL

Best wishes all for a fast trip thru NVC!!!! Another step closer to our loved ones.

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Well Kaushalia, I'm sure there will be plenty of room for two advisors in November NVC edition :lol: .

Its funny, I know the order of NVC packets better , then the contents in my own purse, LOL

We eat,sleep, and breath this stuff. I dont think I studied this hard in college for exams, as I did the NVC guides. SICK!!! LOL

Best wishes all for a fast trip thru NVC!!!! Another step closer to our loved ones.

same here. i never read my books in college, but with immigration it is like i wake up looking at it, during working hours, i am studying, after work, i am studying, watching tv, i am studying, when i am out with friends or family, i am either on their computer or wishing i was home, studying. :lol: under normal circumstances, we probably all would be considered insane, or needing to go to IA meetings (immigration annonymous :rofl: )

"hello, my name is Kathy, and i am an immigration-aholic" :jest:

Edited by kaushalia

Give Generously, Live Fully, Laugh Often, Love Completely...AND PRAY ALWAYS!!!

He is home!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.