Teffah

Proof...

19 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

So my computer crashed and I lost all of our chat history over MSN, which is our main way of communication. I am saving them again starting today - any ideas? Ugh.. what a pain!

MoroccoUSA_flag.jpg

Teresa,

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."

- Martha Washington

4ZaKm5.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Try printing out e-mails or phone conversations that would show contact over the period of time you've lost.

Also, this is good example of why we should all back up our files or periodically print out the records!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

I had the same problem.

Good thing me and Bill had a lot of phone records and such.

Good luck

Love is patient and kind;

it is not jealous or conceited or proud;

love is not ill-mannered or selfish or irritable;

love does not keep a record of wrongs;

love is not happy with evil, but is happy with the truth.

Love never gives up; and its faith, hope, and patience never fail.

Love is eternal.

inloveforeveryouandmet.jpg

TimeLine:

02-29-08: Met Online

04-26-08: Told eachother how we felt

10-24-08: Went to America

12-01-09: Engaged

01-17-09: Bought the ring

01-21-09: Back to Holland =[

03-10-09: Petition send

03-16-09: NOA1

08-11-09: NOA2!!!! Finally!!!!

08-20-09: Package 3

09-10-09: Package 3 send to Consulate

09-17-09: Package 4

10-01-09: Medical + Xray

10-13-09: Interview!!!!!! Approved!!!!!!

10-15-09: Visa Arrived!!!!

11-20-09: US Entry

01-30-10: Marriage

02-13-10: Honeymoon to South Carolina

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

Obviously this will not help you now... But, save all of your important stuff somewhere in a "cloud". I use yahoo email, and as they do not have a limit on storage for your mailbox you can just attach files to messages and save them. There are other ways to this as well, just don't rely solely on your one lonely (and crash prone) hard drive at home.

Timeline
Henceforth, perhaps back up the file daily on a flash drive....easy to do and quick.

It's great tell me what I should have done - but not helping the situation now. :D

MoroccoUSA_flag.jpg

Teresa,

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."

- Martha Washington

4ZaKm5.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Did your SO save them at the other end also?

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Seconding, zip up any important documents and e-mail them to yourself at a hotmail, gmail, yahoo account. Storing on any kind of local media like flash drives, DVD, whatever, is far more susceptible to data loss than storing on a massive, commercial-enterprise grade e-mail system.

Timeline
Did your SO save them at the other end also?

No, I wish he did!!

MoroccoUSA_flag.jpg

Teresa,

- Martha Washington

4ZaKm5.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I was not able to provide any msn chats prior to a 'certain' date so when I submitted my K1 I enclosed a lettter that due to data loss I was not able to provide chats for a certain time period. Storing your chats on a flash drive is completely safe. Just when you save them to the flash drive just check and make sure it saved. You can get a 2GB for approximately $12.00. And a 4GB for probably $19.00. The proof you can send in replacement of chats phone records, emails, and snail mail, and pictures. If you use a calling card, contact the calling card company and request a list of ur transactions. Since you just recently submitted your K1, you will have atleast 4-5 months of chat to be able to include for proof. When you sent in your original petition last month, did you include chats with your petition? Im sure that they realise that sh_it happens... just make sure you back up with other proof and start saving to a flash drive and u be ok.

“You cannot enter heaven until you believe, and you will not truly believe until you (truly) love one another.” [Muslim, Al-Iman (Faith); 93]

Timeline
Try printing out e-mails or phone conversations that would show contact over the period of time you've lost.

Also, this is good example of why we should all back up our files or periodically print out the records!

I do have some e-mails, but really our communication is mainly MSN, with mics and webcams. I printed all the e-mails I have.. and of course starting saving the chatlogs again.

MoroccoUSA_flag.jpg

Teresa,

- Martha Washington

4ZaKm5.png

Timeline
I was not able to provide any msn chats prior to a 'certain' date so when I submitted my K1 I enclosed a lettter that due to data loss I was not able to provide chats for a certain time period. Storing your chats on a flash drive is completely safe. Just when you save them to the flash drive just check and make sure it saved. You can get a 2GB for approximately $12.00. And a 4GB for probably $19.00. The proof you can send in replacement of chats phone records, emails, and snail mail, and pictures. If you use a calling card, contact the calling card company and request a list of ur transactions. Since you just recently submitted your K1, you will have atleast 4-5 months of chat to be able to include for proof. When you sent in your original petition last month, did you include chats with your petition? Im sure that they realise that sh_it happens... just make sure you back up with other proof and start saving to a flash drive and u be ok.

No, I did not send any chats or emails. I sent in airplane baggage tickets, and boarding passes along with photos. I do have awhile to build up chat logs, but worried about the laps of time. :D

Obviously this will not help you now... But, save all of your important stuff somewhere in a "cloud". I use yahoo email, and as they do not have a limit on storage for your mailbox you can just attach files to messages and save them. There are other ways to this as well, just don't rely solely on your one lonely (and crash prone) hard drive at home.

Great idea, thanks! I wish I would have thought about that... three days ago! :D

MoroccoUSA_flag.jpg

Teresa,

- Martha Washington

4ZaKm5.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Try to perform some data recovery on it, plug it into a working computer and the data might still be there. Unless the HD does not spin up anymore...

YUP! Great idea... I work in computers with Geek Squad... and I didnt think of that! :blush: Do you have a Best Buy where your at?? Geek Squad will recover your files for $99.00, AND included in that price is a 250GB external harddrive (valued at $70.00) so you never lose your files agian! :D

“You cannot enter heaven until you believe, and you will not truly believe until you (truly) love one another.” [Muslim, Al-Iman (Faith); 93]

Timeline
Try to perform some data recovery on it, plug it into a working computer and the data might still be there. Unless the HD does not spin up anymore...

YUP! Great idea... I work in computers with Geek Squad... and I didnt think of that! :blush: Do you have a Best Buy where your at?? Geek Squad will recover your files for $99.00, AND included in that price is a 250GB external harddrive (valued at $70.00) so you never lose your files agian! :D

Really? Even after I had to do a FULL System restore? They say you can't get anything back after you do that. That would be great. I have several Best Buys around.

Hmm... how do I do this?

It is working now, I am on it. But I had to do a full system restore and I lost everything...

MoroccoUSA_flag.jpg

Teresa,

- Martha Washington

4ZaKm5.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.