jab1976

Is it normal that uscis touched fiancee petition after it was approved?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys, I have question, is it normal from uscis to touch a petition after it has been approved already? My fiancee petition was approved last September 2 2009, but nvc has not received it yet, and the weird thing is that i have checked my uscis email account, and our case has been touched everyday of this week, hmmmmmmmmm, so weird. I hope somebody can shed some light on this.

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2008-03-14

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-03-18

I-129F RFE(s) : none

RFE Reply(s) : none

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-02

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Chicago IL

Date Filed : 2010-01-14

NOA Date : 2010-01-21

Employment Authorization Document

Event Date

Filing Method : Mail

Filing Instance : First

Kind of normal - I know we'd like to think USCIS sends out our approved petitions the day it is approved but in reality it is very likely that they send things in batches. Sometimes it takes a week, sometimes longer (as you know) - the fact that you can still see them scanning the bar code (touches) at least means it's not lost.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

yep, like K&O said. Its most likely when they sent your petition to NVC.

Ours was touched (presumably) the day they sent it out since NVC received a day or so later.

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline

thank you guys for your replies, much appreciated.

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Event Date

Timeline

Is just so weird, why would uscis be working on a petition that was approved over 2 weeks ago. it just does not make any sense.

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Event Date

Hi guys, I have question, is it normal from uscis to touch a petition after it has been approved already? My fiancee petition was approved last September 2 2009, but nvc has not received it yet, and the weird thing is that i have checked my uscis email account, and our case has been touched everyday of this week, hmmmmmmmmm, so weird. I hope somebody can shed some light on this.

I think anything can be normal. We never had a touch on ANY case ever.

Timeline

Hey Joe, I gotta agree with ya. It doesn't seem to make any sense at all that there have been so many touches on a petition that has already been approved two weeks earlier but there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the way USCIS and the NVC handles any of the petitions. I guess I would take some comfort in the fact that atleast you know they haven't lost it but as long as you have waited and as patient as you have been I'm sure it's hard to find comfort in anything when dealing with USCIS in this incredibly long and ridiculously drawn out process.

Edited by MikenKyhen

IT'S NOT THE DESTINATION ITS THE JOURNEY...AND WHAT A JOURNEY IT HAS BEEN

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Just a random guess... They may be waiting for something before sending the packet to NVC. Maybe a security check document, who knows. Anyway, the packet may be sitting in a holding bin waiting for this whatever-it-is, and they may be pulling it each day to see if it's ready to be sent. If they scan it when they pull it then it would generate a touch.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
Just a random guess... They may be waiting for something before sending the packet to NVC. Maybe a security check document, who knows. Anyway, the packet may be sitting in a holding bin waiting for this whatever-it-is, and they may be pulling it each day to see if it's ready to be sent. If they scan it when they pull it then it would generate a touch.

That would be similar to what we do at work (we're a courier company) - all of the shipment being held at our base get kept in a big walk-in cage, and every day someone goes in there first thing in the morning and scans every single shipment in that cage with an "on hold" scan - in our situation, it's for visibility, since all our shipment are tracked and we need to account for where that shipment is at all times.

If this guess is close to the truth (I'm not saying it is, I don't know), I wouldn't be surprised if those touches were similar to the "on hold" scans that we use. I read somewhere that every time a USCIS employee physically handles a petition, even if they're just moving it from one desk to another, it has to be scanned. So if someone is checking it every day to see if it's ready to be sent out... voila, a touch.

For the record, my petition was approved 9th September, but I got another touch on the 10th - I assume that was them mailing it to NVC, but I'll never really know :)

July 2007 - met Jesse at a beach party held by mutual friends in Long Island, NY

May 2008 - J-1 visa expired, had to move back to Australia

July 2008-September 2008 - lived with Jesse for three months in Staten Island, NY

March 2009 - Jesse comes to Australia for 3 weeks

April 2009 - Engaged!

05/20/09 - I-129F petition mailed in

05/22/09 - NOA1!

05/25/09 - touch

09/09/09 - NOA2!

10/01/09 - due to fiance's illness, we are abandoning pursuit of K-1 at this point. Packet 3 received from consulate but won't be returned.

arnie.jpg

Our baby boy, Arnie.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

it is impossible for them to "touch" your case after it has been sent to someone else.

It is entirely possible that the completely inaccurate CRIS system will REPORT a touch after it is sent to someone else. My wife has been here a year and I have given up on them EVER touching our case as it is still listed as "pending" Great system. You should never trust anything from that site, good or bad.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.