decker

lost NOA2...Does it really matter?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

So the consulate at HCM strikes again. Linh gave the NOA2 to the CO when she went to get her visa and CO did not return it. Linh did not know she would need it later. This form is supposed to accompany the green card application. I emailed the consulate and the reply said We don't maintain records like that. Once the beneficiary is gone, thats it.

Very nice. :thumbs:

Also I look around at some other folks on this and their problems here and I see that my "evidence" is lacking. The only thing we have together is a son (to me that is the biggest evidence needed) and a joint bank account.

So the question of the day is "Will the guvmint really come and get her over this?"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
So the consulate at HCM strikes again. Linh gave the NOA2 to the CO when she went to get her visa and CO did not return it. Linh did not know she would need it later. This form is supposed to accompany the green card application. I emailed the consulate and the reply said We don't maintain records like that. Once the beneficiary is gone, thats it.

Very nice. :thumbs:

Also I look around at some other folks on this and their problems here and I see that my "evidence" is lacking. The only thing we have together is a son (to me that is the biggest evidence needed) and a joint bank account.

So the question of the day is "Will the guvmint really come and get her over this?"

You of course made a copy of the NOA2, right? You should be fine in that case since you only have to submit a copy w/ your AOS docs.

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

For AOS you will need to submit evidence of your newly married relationship. Typically there isn't a lot to show after only a few months, but show all that you have. A photo of a child doesn't indicate an ongoing/viable marital relationship. Things such as joint accounts/memberships, car insurance, mail addressed to both of you, wedding invitations/photos, etc.

Later at Removal of Conditions you will submit evidence of your ongoing/continuing marital relationship.

Follow the suggestions in the VJ guides and you will be well prepared.

No they won't come and send her back, but you may face needless RFE's and delays in obtaining your spouses green card without sufficient evidence. You will find the remaining parts of the process much less onerous than the K Visa adventure at HCMC. But you will need to submit acceptable evidence.

Best of luck!

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I never even got an NOA2 (see my timeline)

TIME LINE 2007

01/12/07-I Fly to Australia

01/25/07-We Got Married!

07/15/07-Point of Entry (K3 Visa)

K3 Time Line for the I-130, I-129F, EAD and AOS

usaCa.gifanimated-hearts.gifaustralC_1xa.gif

Lifting Conditions Timeline

11/06/09- Mailed Petition Via USPS Certified Mail

11/09/09- Your item was delivered at 11:08 AM on November 9, 2009 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92677.

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/12/09- Return Receipt Arrives in Mail

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

11/27/09- Received Appointment Letter

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/08/10- Card Production Ordered (E-Mail)

01/09/10- Touched

01/14/10- Greencard Received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Thank you very much ToddandHien for the re-direct.

I went and looked and found that form I-824 will get back a NOA-2. After the fee of course.

Wait...

Wait.....

$340 :thumbs:

I love the US Guvmint.

Ahnmap made me think of my brother's fiasco. My sister in law is from Singapore. He met her while stationed in Hawaii (25th ID). She was then on a student visa. My brother joined me in Ft Campbell KY where she came on a tourist visa, married my brother, never filed anything and stayed. They had 2 kids, bought a house, SSN's all around, bought several cars and filed 10 years of joint taxes together. Her mother visited twice. My brothers security clearance came due for renewal and they found her,otherwise the guvmint would still be in the dark. So I don't really worry too much, but the thought is still in the back of my head sometimes.

I went and looked and found that form I-824 will get back a NOA-2. After the fee of course.

Wait...

Wait.....

I love the US Guvmint.

Ahnmap made me think of my brother's fiasco. My sister in law is from Singapore. He met her while stationed in Hawaii (25th ID). She was then on a student visa. My brother joined me in Ft Campbell KY where she came on a tourist visa, married my brother, never filed anything and stayed. They had 2 kids, bought a house, SSN's all around, bought several cars and filed 10 years of joint taxes together. Her mother visited twice. My brothers security clearance came due for renewal and they found her,otherwise the guvmint would still be in the dark. So I don't really worry too much, but the thought is still in the back of my head sometimes.

copies cost 10 cents - if you made it prior to handing it off :) (local supermarket has one of them new fangled machines that make magical copies)

always make copies - always... :)

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Wait...

Wait.....

I love the US Guvmint.

copies cost 10 cents - if you made it prior to handing it off :) (local supermarket has one of them new fangled machines that make magical copies)

Every single scrap of paper I have ever sent to any immigration office during this process has been scanned and backed up in several different locations (both online and at my local residence) by yours truly. That has cost me a total $0.00 (since I already had a scanner). Anticipate that the government will lose every document you send them and you won't be in this situation.

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Wait...

Wait.....

I love the US Guvmint.

Every single scrap of paper I have ever sent to any immigration office during this process has been scanned and backed up in several different locations (both online and at my local residence) by yours truly. That has cost me a total $0.00 (since I already had a scanner). Anticipate that the government will lose every document you send them and you won't be in this situation.

I scanned and saved mine too... but this doesnt help him after the fact... Good luck in getting another NOA2

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.