Lestat

Another Article On IMBRA

16 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I just found this article on IMBRA on the Frederick Post. http://www.fredericknewspost.com/sections/...m?storyid=50225 It seems like IMBRA is being trashed from all sides. Hopefully, this law would be repealed so that it would bring this visa nightmare to a close.

I just found this article on IMBRA on the Frederick Post. http://www.fredericknewspost.com/sections/...m?storyid=50225 It seems like IMBRA is being trashed from all sides. Hopefully, this law would be repealed so that it would bring this visa nightmare to a close.

Well....given that article....this IS complet and utter BS!!! by what right does the government have to interfere with our natural ability to love someone?

??Jul 2005 - we met online

28 Jul 2005 - our relationship "officially" started (we chatted almost every single night!)

4 Feb 2006 - I flew over to see her for her birthday and Valentine's Day

7 Mar 2006 - I-129F sent

9 Mar 2006 - petition received

14 Mar 2006 - petition opened

16 Mar 2006 - NOA1 sent (nothing heard since)

23 Jun 2006 - IMBRA RFE sent

6 Jul 2006 - IMBRA RFE reply sent

18 Jul 2006 - RFE reply recieved

19 Jul 2006 - touched

24 Aug 2006 - finally got bloody touched!!! (they responded to my RFE)

31 Aug 2006 - touched

1 Sep 2006 - NOA2! nuf said!!! (178 days)

5 Sep 2006 - touched? after already getting NOA2?

7 Sep 2006 - touched yet again...must be the mailing process

22 Sep 2006 - Case left NVC

26 Sep 2006 - Case arrived in Manila Embassy

7 Dec 2006 - Appointment letter sent

13 Dec 2006 - received Appt letter

21 Dec 2006 - St Luke's Medical appointment

28 Dec 2006 - Visa interview appointment (APPROVED!!!)

11 Jan 2007 - VISA ON HAND!!!! YEA YEA!!!!

17 Mar 2007 - First step into US soil (SFO)

28 Mar 2007 - Civil wedding at SF City Hall!

Adjustment of Status

16 May 2007 - finally mailed off AOS/EAD package

18 May 2007 - AOS/EAD received

22 May 2007 - AOS/EAD notice sent

25 May 2007 - status update on USCIS website

19 Jun 2007 - Biometrics Appointment in Sacramento

20 Jun 2007 - touched

26 Jun 2007 - touched

25 Jul 2007 - AOS touched

1 Aug 2007 - EAD approved. USCIS ordered production of new card

13 Aug 2007 - AOS interview (APPROVED!!!)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

OK I am sorry but I have to voice my oppinion on this article.. this article I think is the thing that stinks. It says it affects our veterens more? How so.. I will admit IMBRA has affected us all right now because DHS didn't step up to the plate and create the appropriate documents required within the time frame.. (Bush sign on Jan 5)... But once IMBRA has done its toll and now it should not affect anyone in the future.. veterens are not affected.. How many veterens do you think meet their foriegn wives from Marriage brokers????? Not many.. they meet them abroad.. therefore.. they have to check .. No I didn't meet on a marriage broker.. and as long as they are not a violent criminal... they have nothing else to do differently... IMBRA is affecting us now yes.. because it threw a wrench in a already flawed process... if you didn't meet on an IMB then it won't affect you in the future..

May 1, 2006 - Submitted I-129F (Overnight) NSC

May 2, 2006 - NOA1

June 1, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

June 14, 2006 - Notice from CSC it was transferred

June 30, 2006 - Received IMBRA RFE (CSC)

July 5, 2006 - Touched (RFE Received)

July 31, 2006 - APPROVED

August 5, 2006 Physical NOA2

August 15, 2006 NVC Received and Sent

August 22, 2006 AIT sent Packet 3

August 22, 2006 Packet 3 got lost in the mail... sending another.. :( :( :(

October 27, 2006 Interview

3dflagsdotcom_chtai_2fawm.gif & 3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_us_co_2fawm.gif

AIT (Taiwan Embassy)

C'mon USCIS Lets get some others approved or else watch for the Trident

brick.jpg

Timeline
OK I am sorry but I have to voice my oppinion on this article.. this article I think is the thing that stinks. It says it affects our veterens more? How so.. I will admit IMBRA has affected us all right now because DHS didn't step up to the plate and create the appropriate documents required within the time frame.. (Bush sign on Jan 5)... But once IMBRA has done its toll and now it should not affect anyone in the future.. veterens are not affected.. How many veterens do you think meet their foriegn wives from Marriage brokers????? Not many.. they meet them abroad.. therefore.. they have to check .. No I didn't meet on a marriage broker.. and as long as they are not a violent criminal... they have nothing else to do differently... IMBRA is affecting us now yes.. because it threw a wrench in a already flawed process... if you didn't meet on an IMB then it won't affect you in the future..

I agree that IMBRA affects not just veterans and the clients of IMBs but EVERYONE who is planning to marry a foreign citizen. I think this writer was trying to say that veterans as a group are disproportanately affected, since they have a higher rate of marriage to foreign ladies. For years, the proponents of IMBRA were unable to get it passed through the Congress as a "stand-alone" legislation so they cleverly tacked it onto the backend of the Violence Against Women Act 2005, which was sure to pass (and ended up passing easily).

Filed: Timeline

The "article" is a letter to the editor. David Root, if I'm not mistaken, was one of our trolls here who was fighting with Imbra2005. It sounds word-for-word like the ####### he posted on his website. The dude is a moron.

Edit: http://www.imbra.org/veterans.html

Edited by Cian
Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Timeline
The "article" is a letter to the editor. David Root, if I'm not mistaken, was one of our trolls here who was fighting with Imbra2005. It sounds word-for-word like the ####### he posted on his website. The dude is a moron.

Edit: http://www.imbra.org/veterans.html

Apparently, Frederick Post editor thought that it was well-written and was of some value and thus, he proceeded to publish it. I have looked at other articles on the Frederick Post and it seems like a respected newspaper. By the way, I don't think Dave Root owns that imbra.org site, but apparently, its owners publised an article by Dave.

Filed: Timeline

Yes, they published an article by him. Go read the other articles. I wouldn't consider it an honour to be published there. It's all babble and drivel. Conspiracies involving Femi-Nazis, lesbians, disgruntled American women, and probably Satan too, I'm sure.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Well of course, there are always two sides to every story. It's interesting how the OP didn't mention the responses to Dave Root that the Cumberland Times and Federick News published yesterday:

http://www.times-news.com/letters2/local_s..._192093908.html

http://www.fredericknewspost.com/sections/...m?storyid=50463

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Yes, they published an article by him. Go read the other articles. I wouldn't consider it an honour to be published there. It's all babble and drivel. Conspiracies involving Femi-Nazis, lesbians, disgruntled American women, and probably Satan too, I'm sure.

Well, since this is another rant post, I will join in!

I agree with your analysis. It's time for some to move on and stop blaming everyone they can find for IMBRA. Now is the time to focus on getting our fiance(e)s reunited with us and it is not the time to daydream about IMBRA. IMBRA was brought into existence by US legislators, PERIOD! They are the ones responsible for IMBRA's existence, no one else, according to the rules of logic. So yell at them, ok?

Personally, I can't fathom why some members continue to be obssessed with the "reasons behind IMBRA" and can not focus effectively and cooperatively to get reunited with their loved one. I'm here to be reunited with my love and I will do everything possible to make that happen. Rants about the "reasons behind IMBRA" really don't belong here, they belong in off topic at this point. The fact is, IMBRA exists for now and most of us are working together to find a strategy to deal with it. Another point, this "article" was already put up before earlier in some posts here and was already discredited. Other posts suggesting frivolous lawsuits have also corrupted and ruined posts that were originally intended to share clear and vital information about the new application process. I can tell you, it is difficult enough to read through this minefield of information and disinformation without having to deal with pure speculation and conspiracy theories.

I will say it again, the reason the majority of people are upset about IMBRA is because the USCIS was not prepared to deal with the new IMBRA law in a seamless and timely fashion. (which has nothing to do whatsoever with the law itself, that is a USCIS problem) All of us just happened to be the first group that has dealt with IMBRA and most of us are quite upset about it. We need to work together and share vital and relevant information about the ongoing process in order to understand what will happen next. In order to share info effectively, our posts should be clear, concise and they should contain information that is useful, truthful and relevant. The work we are all doing now will make it easier for the next batch of applicants facing the K1 process.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I agree with your analysis. It's time for some to move on and stop blaming everyone they can find for IMBRA. Now is the time to focus on getting our fiance(e)s reunited with us and it is not the time to daydream about IMBRA. IMBRA was brought into existence by US legislators, PERIOD! They are the ones responsible for IMBRA's existence, no one else, according to the rules of logic. So yell at them, ok?

Personally, I can't fathom why some members continue to be obssessed with the "reasons behind IMBRA" and can not focus effectively and cooperatively to get reunited with their loved one. I'm here to be reunited with my love and I will do everything possible to make that happen. Rants about the "reasons behind IMBRA" really don't belong here, they belong in off topic at this point. The fact is, IMBRA exists for now and most of us are working together to find a strategy to deal with it. Another point, this "article" was already put up before earlier in some posts here and was already discredited. Other posts suggesting frivolous lawsuits have also corrupted and ruined posts that were originally intended to share clear and vital information about the new application process. I can tell you, it is difficult enough to read through this minefield of information and disinformation without having to deal with pure speculation and conspiracy theories.

I will say it again, the reason the majority of people are upset about IMBRA is because the USCIS was not prepared to deal with the new IMBRA law in a seamless and timely fashion. (which has nothing to do whatsoever with the law itself, that is a USCIS problem) All of us just happened to be the first group that has dealt with IMBRA and most of us are quite upset about it. We need to work together and share vital and relevant information about the ongoing process in order to understand what will happen next. In order to share info effectively, our posts should be clear, concise and they should contain information that is useful, truthful and relevant. The work we are all doing now will make it easier for the next batch of applicants facing the K1 process.

Wow, you just said everything I would have said myself. I couldn't agree more with you.

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Timeline
Wow, you just said everything I would have said myself. I couldn't agree more with you.

Wow .. there are people with the same thoughts.. wow .. this is scary.. should I start flaming even though I agree with you guys??? It just doesn't seem right that we have agreement.. :lol:

That Dave Root guy probably has commited heinous crimes and is mad he can't find a women that doesn't know about them already now.. just an oppinion.

Edited by vartan

May 2, 2006 - NOA1

July 31, 2006 - APPROVED

3dflagsdotcom_chtai_2fawm.gif & 3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_us_co_2fawm.gif

AIT (Taiwan Embassy)

brick.jpg

Timeline

I have to politely disagree that USCIS is at fault. IMBRA is so poorly written, vague and confusing that it has become almost impossible for USCIS to implement. Tahirih Justice Center (http://www.tahirih.org) is the principle sponsor and helped to write this confusing law. I believe we need to send a letter of protest to TJC and ask them to help in unraveling this visa fiasco that they helped to create. As you can see, TJC's response to Dave Root's article does not even mention 10,000 visas being halted. I wonder why.............

By the way, even though TJC is greatly responsible for this visa fiasco, if any one is sending them a letter for their assistance, I would suggest avoiding any accusatory tone. Apparently, TJC has some sway with the government and I would much rather have them work with us than against us in clearing up this visa mess.

Edited by Lestat

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Wow .. there are people with the same thoughts.. wow .. this is scary.. should I start flaming even though I agree with you guys??? It just doesn't seem right that we have agreement.. :lol:

That Dave Root guy probably has commited heinous crimes and is mad he can't find a women that doesn't know about them already now.. just an oppinion.

Heh heh. I may have exaggerated a little bit...

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Timeline
I have to politely disagree that USCIS is at fault. IMBRA is so poorly written, vague and confusing that it has become almost impossible for USCIS to implement.

Did you miss that Pres signed it on Jan 5 and they had till mar 6? All they had to do was the questions that they currently have on the questionairre... not that hard.. I think you are digging way way tooo deep in this.. they are not out to stop all international marriages and tu pac is not still living...

May 2, 2006 - NOA1

July 31, 2006 - APPROVED

AIT (Taiwan Embassy)

brick.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I have to politely disagree that USCIS is at fault. IMBRA is so poorly written, vague and confusing that it has become almost impossible for USCIS to implement. Tahirih Justice Center (http://www.tahirih.org) is the principle sponsor and helped to write this confusing law. I believe we need to send a letter of protest to TJC and ask them to help in unraveling this visa fiasco that they helped to create. As you can see, TJC's response to Dave Root's article does not even mention 10,000 visas being halted. I wonder why.............

By the way, even though TJC is greatly responsible for this visa fiasco, if any one is sending them a letter for their assistance, I would suggest avoiding any accusatory tone. Apparently, TJC has some sway with the government and I would much rather have them work with us than against us in clearing up this visa mess.

I'm at a loss to understand your convoluted logic, why would this TJC want to "help you" in any shape or form. THEY DON"T CARE! They are not the ones responsible for this law, US lawmakers are. The lawmakers won't care either if your focus is somewhere else. Lobby groups and interest groups may influence legislation but the bottom line is your representatives created and passed it. They also are obligated to serve your interests, TJC is not. Bug them, I did and my case started moving. I give up on trying to understand why you think TJC has any influence over individual immigration cases and why you think they are somehow responsible for this law, your elected officials are. It makes no sense whatsoever. I really can't comprehend why you don't hold the USCIS accountable for the delays, if you look at all of the evidence objectively, they are the main ones at fault, not the consulates, not the NVC and especially not some outside influences. When a law is passed, the related agencies are obligated to administer it effectively and in a timely manner which the USCIS did not do! That's enough evidence for me. I'm done here.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.