59 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Welcome to the club Sara! Right when we think all is smooth, then they make this stupid stumble block....me and Nigel are in AP for uhh its 26 days now...its all #######....truly. But we are all here to help each other get through it and are here if you just want to rant..and Lord knows I do A LOT of it! There's a thread for AP'ers: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...644&st=2145

We're all in it together! Seems like a lot of us are in AP actually....so strange.....

Hi, We are so sorry to hear all those sad stories guys, I feel for you as we've been in AP before and it took us almost 2 months before we got out from NVC finally...I have a friend who was once in AP too but took only 2 weeks..We pray you'll out in AP soon..

Try to read a post that similar to your case, thats in " NVC forum"..There are lots there..Goodluck

thanks for all the support guys.........i feel more down today than i have felt in a while i guess my expectations were pretty high that the waiting was over after getting out of csc and that we could finally breath again and finally start making some wedding plans that would not have to be canceled good thing i held off on that part

sara

Edited by estadia

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hang in there sara, i am sure it will only take a few days before you will be out ap at the nvc, our cases were with uscis for 2 years, am sure all the major checks have been done. you will see,in a few days you will be posting here that you are already out of ap at the nvc.

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2008-03-14

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-03-18

I-129F RFE(s) : none

RFE Reply(s) : none

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-02

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Chicago IL

Date Filed : 2010-01-14

NOA Date : 2010-01-21

Employment Authorization Document

Event Date

CIS Office : Chicago IL

Filing Method : Mail

Filing Instance : First

Date Filed : 2010-01-14

NOA Date : 2010-01-21

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Welcome to the club Sara! Right when we think all is smooth, then they make this stupid stumble block....me and Nigel are in AP for uhh its 26 days now...its all #######....truly. But we are all here to help each other get through it and are here if you just want to rant..and Lord knows I do A LOT of it! There's a thread for AP'ers: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...644&st=2145

We're all in it together! Seems like a lot of us are in AP actually....so strange.....

Hi, We are so sorry to hear all those sad stories guys, I feel for you as we've been in AP before and it took us almost 2 months before we got out from NVC finally...I have a friend who was once in AP too but took only 2 weeks..We pray you'll out in AP soon..

Try to read a post that similar to your case, thats in " NVC forum"..There are lots there..Goodluck

thanks for all the support guys.........i feel more down today than i have felt in a while i guess my expectations were pretty high that the waiting was over after getting out of csc and that we could finally breath again and finally start making some wedding plans that would not have to be canceled good thing i held off on that part

sara

I felt the same way, nobody talks about AP when they're all exited about the NOA2 approval...nobody tells us that you can be stuck for who knows long!

We just think ok this is next, etc, etc, then well, now here we are stuck at the NVC for who knows why....a lot of us have clean historys and no whatever skeletons in our closets and they still think they can AP us!! We/vj members need to make being stuck in AP something more common knowledge, its almost like whenever I see all these fresh faced new people with k1's just sent in or ready to send in and all exited then I feel like telling them straight up to watch out for the AP and not have such high expectations....but i'm kind of a grinch anyways...lol...

b2gel0s1sc.png

We're a April 2009 K1 filer, see our timeline for specifics....:-)

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Date Filed : 2009-01-31

Date: 2010-02-02

Bio. Appt. : 2010-03-09

EAD received: 2010-04-01

Interview Date 2010-04-29--APPROVED!

VISA IN HAND: 2010-05-28--WAHOOO!

so i called today and was told our case is going thru A P in nvc and there is not time limit what is wrong with these people????????

SARA

I find that this is so unacceptable especially what we have to go through. If the government is going to put us through more security checks, then they should be more effiecient at it instead of having people wait several weeks to possible more than a year. Especially if we have to pay such a large fee(s)...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I am soooooo sorry Sara...

I wish you all the best and will keep u in my prayers for a speedy AP>>>>

It is just not fair .....

I wish we could put thier lives in AP .. just to see what we go through...

BE STRONG ..

WITH ALLAH ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!!! ALHUMDILALLAH

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Sara,

Sorry to hear you guys got stuck in AP @ NVC. Hopefully you will get out soon.

Back when we were stuck there in Feb/March, the waiting times were longer than they are now -- we got stuck 50 days.

To pass the time, I created a tracking tool to monitor how long you are stuck. It's sort of like an Igor's List for AP@NVC.

Like Igor's list, it's based on data from the VJ timeline database.

You can check it out at: http://apnvc.info

As you can see, you are on the K1 list for 13 days, from 08-28.

I never got the cron job working to automatically reload the site. So, it needs to be reloaded manually. The easiest way to do that is to go to

http://apnvc.info/vjcron.pl . It will take a moment or two, and then return with an error screen. Just ignore that error message. Next time you go to

the normal page, http://apnvc.info it will be updated.

Hope you get reunited with Perviz quickly. The good news is that everyone does eventually get out of AP. And it's guaranteed to be much, much faster than your USCIS wait was!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

That is so odd. My K3 I129 flew in the NVC and is lagging at the embassy. My I130 just arrived today but I hope it doesnt take that long to get on the ball with everything that has to be done.

CR-1 Visa

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Bogota, Colombia

Event Date

Marriage: 2009-04-30

I-130 Sent: 2009-05-14

I-130 Approved: 2009-08-25

NVC Received: 2009-09-09

Interview Date: 2009-11-19

Visa Received: 2009-11-25

US Entry Target Date: 2010-01-08

S. Korea La Vida Loca: 2010-04-07

Returned to USA: 2011-04-06

Removal of Conditions: 2012-01-08

I-751 Biometrics: 2012-03-02

I-751 Approved: 2012-09-07

N400 Sent: 2012-10-10

Biometrics: 2012-11-02

Interview: 2013-01-09

Oath: 2013-02-22

Citizenship: 2013-02-22

(F)

I hope you guys get out of AP soon. I'll keep you and Perviz in my prayers.

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

well we are stuck at NVC AP too....ughhhhh 15 days and counting.... why cant they just give us some kind of idea what the time frame we are looking at?.....

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2009-03-28

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-04-07

I-129F RFE(s) : Thanks to VJ NONE!!!!!

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-08-24

NVC Received : 2009-08-26

NVC Left : 2009-10-06 41 days of AP at NVC

Consulate Received : 2009-10-08

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2009-11-10

Visa Received : 2009-11-17

US Entry : 2009-11-21

Marriage : 2009-12-18 Married!!!!!!

Comments : INTERVIEW PASSED!!!!!!!!!

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 139 days from your NOA1 date.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

#######?!? :angry: I know exactly how you feel. So much excitement, and then AP. It's like someone just took your NOA2 away. I'm truely sorry you have to deal with this after such a long wait. We were in AP for 3 weeks. I hope your wait is much shorter.:)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
so i called today and was told our case is going thru A P in nvc and there is not time limit what is wrong with these people????????

SARA

Are they not yet done with so much processing of your case. I hope that they do it asap because you already way up delayed for the K1 process.

Hang in there, Sara, at least you could see already that there's hope. Keep stronger. ;)

Lifting Condition (I-751)

09/09/2011 - Sent the package to CSC

09/13/2011 - CSC received the package

09/15/2011 - CSC cashed check and NOA1 Received

09/26/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Date (Sent)

10/13/2011 - Early Biometrics

10/19/2011 - Biometrics Appointment

10/26/2011 - GC expiration

11/25/2011 - Received RFE

11/28/2011 - Sent response to RFE

01/13/2012 - Ordered card production (Approved)

01/19/2012 - 10 yrs GC received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

ohman sorry sara...i was on AP at NVC aswell for 20 days and from what i have been reading is that AP has shortend since last year so hopefully you should be out there in no time....good luck sara were praying for you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
Hey Sara = they did that to us too!!!! They sent me a letter saying all was good and it should be on its way to europe in a week and then a MONTH later they still had it!!!!! I was pissed as well! They had ours about a month. Just keep calling them though!

01/06/2006 - Met In Crystal Lake, IL

03/25/2008 - He was denied re-entry to the U.S. for using the tourist visa too many times.

03/28/2008 - My first visit to Sweden

04/23/2008 - NOA1

05/26/2008 - Touched

05/28/2008 - Met in Canada

06/20/2008 - 2nd trip to Sweden

10/23/2008 - Contacted Congressman

10/28/2008 - Touched

10/29/2008 - Touched

11/25/2008 - 3rd trip to Sweden

12/17/2008 - Contacted Congressman

01/31/2009 - Lawyer sent Service Request

02/04/2009 - Touched

02/05/2009 - Touched

02/11/2009 - 4th trip to Sweden

02/25/2008 - Contacted Congressman

02/27/2009 - Was told by Congressman I will be in Security Checks for a "LONG TIME"

03/03/2009 - Info Pass Apointment - They said they couldn't help me

03/02/2009 - NOA2

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

WTH? Seriously? Haven't you been through enough already? I am so sorry. InshaAllah, it'll all work itself out soon enough. Prayer are with ya, Sara.

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.