VetsWife328

Something wrong??

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

OK so we had our Biometrics done in Seattle on August 28th....my fingers came up as a warning match and they still had me in the Seattle Computers with my maiden name.so we got an Infopass and they corrected my last name this passed Thursday..No touch since August 31st.....no EAD Notice no nothing.

I am worried.....Pretty much everybody else has gotten their EAD Approval ,well people that had their Bio close to ours........

Why is it taking this long?

Am I paranoid or is there reason to worry????

Nat :unsure:

Met on May 17,2005

Got engaged on Sep 15th,2006

Came to the US for good on Jan 27th,2009

and we got married on March 28th,2009

GOD , grant me the serenity

to accept the things I can not change

the courage to change the things I can

and the wisdom to know the difference!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline
OK so we had our Biometrics done in Seattle on August 28th....my fingers came up as a warning match and they still had me in the Seattle Computers with my maiden name.so we got an Infopass and they corrected my last name this passed Thursday..No touch since August 31st.....no EAD Notice no nothing.

I am worried.....Pretty much everybody else has gotten their EAD Approval ,well people that had their Bio close to ours........

Why is it taking this long?

Nat :unsure:

Relax, its not even been 2 weeks since your Bio so don't worry.

You usually get your approval for EAD within a month or so after you Bio.

As for the USCIS website, don't rely on it 100% coz its not updated as often as it should.

No reason to worry.

Your EAD and your AP should arrive very soon. Are you planning to travel outside the country right away, or do you plan to start a job within in the next week?

Timeline

I didnt bother applying for AP.But I would like to start working asap since Hubby is short on hours latley and we have a Hospital Bill of 1200$ to pay............

Cant even apply for jobs right now so that kinda makes it difficult.

Nat

Met on May 17,2005

Yes - a bit anyway... :innocent: takes 60-90 days on average (from NOA1 to getting the EAD)... it'd be rare to see the EAD within a week or so of biometrics..

Of course have no idea what a 'warning match' is on fingerprints..

I didnt bother applying for AP.But I would like to start working asap since Hubby is short on hours latley and we have a Hospital Bill of 1200$ to pay............

Cant even apply for jobs right now so that kinda makes it difficult.

Nat

Sorry to hear of your troubles with medical bills. I hope your husband is better now.

You can start your job search right away, even though you can't actually start work until you receive your EAD. And your EAD should arrive any day now. We also went through the Seattle office, and the EAD arrived in about two weeks.

Good luck with your job hunt.

~ Tahoma

Timeline

Ya he is ok again.He hit himself in the face with a Hammer when he put the AC in and had to get 4 stitches.....1200$ !!!!! He is not eligable for health Insurance in the State of WA because an Injury from his Army time puts him over the threshold they have here .........and since I dont have a DL yet I couldnt get him to the VA Hospital in seattle....and now we have to pay the bill out of our pocket...

Nat

Met on May 17,2005

Ya he is ok again.He hit himself in the face with a Hammer when he put the AC in and had to get 4 stitches.....1200$ !!!!! He is not eligable for health Insurance in the State of WA because an Injury from his Army time puts him over the threshold they have here .........and since I dont have a DL yet I couldnt get him to the VA Hospital in seattle....and now we have to pay the bill out of our pocket...

Nat

I'm glad he's OK...but...OUCH...I'll bet that $1200 hurts more than the stitches! If he ever bangs himself up again, it would be a lot less expensive to take a taxi to the VA hospital on Beacon Hill.

Timeline

Yep that would have been cheaper.

Nat

Met on May 17,2005

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

What i'm about to say is my entirely uneducated guess, but i got a "warning match" as well, saw it on the screen as i was being printed, and wondered about it. Didn't ask about it, and the girl taking my prints didn't seem to give it two thoughts.

When i did my original interview, so i could get the K1 visa, my prints were taken then, and i assume yours were as well. Therefore my prints are now in the system. Therefore, when they take them again, warning match.

Just my Styx fare on the subject.

°»UnstrungLeSin«°

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.