Joseph & Ana

Finger bitten off during California health protest

31 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Finger bitten off during California health protest (by Obamacare supporter)

THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. – California authorities say a clash between opponents and supporters of health care reform ended with one man biting off another man's finger.

Ventura County Sheriff's Capt. Frank O'Hanlon says about 100 people demonstrating in favor of health care reforms rallied Wednesday night on a street corner. One protester walked across the street to confront about 25 counter-demonstrators.

O'Hanlon says the man got into an argument and fist fight, during which he bit off the left pinky of a 65-year-old man who opposed health care reform.

A hospital spokeswoman says the man lost half the finger, but doctors reattached it and he was sent home the same night.

She says he had Medicare.

O'Hanlon says the attacker fled but authorities have a good description.

K-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2009-08-14

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-08-18

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-23

NVC Received : 2009-10-27

NVC Left : 2009-11-06

Consulate Received : 2009-11-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-11-27

Interview Date : 2009-12-16

Interview Result : APPROVED

Second Interview

(If Required):

Second Interview Result:

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 66 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 120 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...sigh...

“Acquire the spirit of peace, and a thousand souls around you will be saved.” - Saint Seraphim of Sarov

49893.gif

"The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?” - Pablo Casals

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

if you don't want the program, we'll make you need it! chomp!

further news indicates the suspect looks like mike tyson.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
See? There's a reason mom always said it isn't nice to point..

someone better warn eric to avoid that protest area.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

i hate a snapper

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Finger bitten off during California health protest (by Obamacare supporter)

These Obamacare supporters are getting out of hand when they start biting the hand that feeds their proposed program.

If the suspect had been an opponent of Obamacare, you know you'd hear about how savage and violent the crowds are getting. The GOP is turning into a mob of zombie cannibals!

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

It's not just the Obamacare people getting out of hand. This is ALL getting out of hand.

The Miami Herald

MIAMI — A low-key rally for a health-care overhaul took an unexpected turn Wednesday when a passer-by punched a 65-year-old man in the face after a heated exchange.

Luis Perrero was one of about 40 supporters of a health-care overhaul waving signs outside a Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce meeting headlined by Sen. Bill Nelson, D-Fla., when a man in a green pickup stopped and began arguing with the crowd.

The roadside exchange, which began with questions about the costs of a government-run health-care plan, quickly turned into a volley of Spanish and English curse words and insults, witnesses said.

When Perrero uttered an offensive Spanish expletive, Raul Anasagasti, who was driving the pickup, punched him in the face, knocking him to the ground. Police arrested and charged Anasagasti.

"I'm amazed at the way this has become such a politicized issue," Perrero said as he sat on the ground holding his jaw. "It shows that people who are against the public option will resort to anything — including battery on a senior citizen — to prevent health-care reform."

The health-care debate across the country has generated frequent streetside protests and contentious town-hall meetings aimed at influencing members of Congress during their August break. The public outbursts have been tense, even raucous at times, but rarely violent.

"Conflict and argument and controversy and clash is what you've been hearing about," Nelson said. "And that's just a minor part of building this elusive consensus.'

Anasagasti, the owner of an air-conditioning company in South Dade, Fla., was arrested and charged with battery on a person 65 or older. The 56-year-old contractor claimed self-defense.

"He raised his arm at me," he said. "That's when I hit him. I have to defend myself."

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
It's not just the Obamacare people getting out of hand. This is ALL getting out of hand.

That's not what your article said.

The public outbursts have been tense, even raucous at times, but rarely violent.

Punching someone for their views is wrong but biting off a finger is far worse. I've seen fights before but not dismemberments.

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

That was my opinion. As a civil society, I believe we should not result to these kind of actions.

The public outbursts have been tense, even raucous at times, but rarely violent.

Punching someone for their views is wrong but biting off a finger is far worse. I've seen fights before but not dismemberments.

I can argue with you that losing a finger is less worse than being punched in the face. I have heard of people getting seriously injured, or even dying of just one punch to the face or head. Regardless, both of them are assault, and that is wrong.

Filed: Other Timeline

Oh let's have an argument about who is stupider?

All that kind of thing is just ridiculous. No matter who did it.