Sleepybears

I-134 Tax Forms for last 3 years

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Hello All,

Does anyone know if the copies of the Tax Returns need to be the copies of the original ones that are signed. I only have copies of the forms before they were signed and dated.

Hello All,

Does anyone know if the copies of the Tax Returns need to be the copies of the original ones that are signed. I only have copies of the forms before they were signed and dated.

You need copies of the returns that were signed. If you don't have them then request tax return transcripts from the IRS.

I ordered my over the phone (in October) and got them two days later. BUT, that was not during "tax season." Personally, I would think that having the W-2 with the copies would be enough......but you can never been too sure....

Go ahead and order them. They will either show up in time or not....

Edited by Minfay

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello All,

You need copies of the returns that were signed. If you don't have them then request tax return transcripts from the IRS.

I have filed using an electronic signature for 4 or 5 years now. I assume that my copies I kept on my computer would be enough? Do I need notorization?

K1 Visa Process long ago and far away...

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

AOS Process a fading memory...

01/31/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD package for Olga and Anya

06/01/07 - Green card arrived in mail

Removing Conditions

03/02/09 - Mailed I-751 package (CSC)

03/06/09 - Check cashed

03/10/09 - Recieved Olga's NOA1

03/28/09 - Olga did biometrics

05/11/09 - Anya recieved NOA1 (took a call to USCIS to take care of it, oddly, they were helpful)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I have been filing for many years online (turbo tax etc.) and I sent unsigned copies with just a notation "Filed electronically - Unsigned copies."

If you have unsigned copies - they should be 100% acceptable (I even accepted them when I worked in the tax dept. when auditing accounts.) Good Luck Oh yes! You should have copies of W-2s.

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I always filed electronically and had this same question. I e-mailed the consulate in Brazil and they told me IRS transcripts are accepted.

I'd e-mail your consulate.

andy

-------------------------------

AOS Process

3/10/06---Pamela and I arrive in the states from Brasil

3/23/06---We got married!!!!yeh!!!!!

4/11/06---Our first NOA for the I-485 and I-765

5/20/06---Our green card interview was scheduled for 7/28/06

6/03/06---We moved to Phoenix, AZ and had to cancel our interview

7/15/06---Our rescheduled green card interview (WOW! Only 10 days after our initial 1st interview)

8/07/06---Green Card Approved!!!! (Now only the wait by mail)

8/14/06---Received "Welcome to the USA" letter in the mail.

8/18/06---YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS! Received Green Card today!(actually it should be called

the White Card, ha)....immigration free for 2 years!!

Andy---USA

Pâmela---BRAZIL

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Check with your Consulate, Montreal didn't even ask for the ones I brought.

Sept 10 I-129F sent to TSC

Interview - February 13th APPROVED! day 152

April 6 - wedding date day 204

Aug 22 - AOS interview date day 101-total days 342

Sept 29 - green card arrives, done until June 2008 day 140-total days 381

June 30 - I-751 mailed total days 1025

March 9 - Removal of Conditions approved! total days 1277

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

i asked the HK consulate whether the tax return form is a MUST as the supporting evidence of I-134. but the lady simply told me 'we cannot answer you this question. you just bring every document you think is useful along to the interview.'

oh well... but i think i'll just use the unsigned tax return forms & the W2s. i guess that should be enough since we also have other evidence.

thanks.

Filed: Timeline

Sleepybears,

The lady at the HK consulate gave you an excellent answer. And she answered the question that you should have asked, rather than the one you did ask - 'What evidence do I need to present to prove that my finance will not become a public charge when he comes to the USA.'

Tax returns may not be required as supporting evidence for I-134, but they are useful evidence for answering the important question of public charge.

Yodrak

i asked the HK consulate whether the tax return form is a MUST as the supporting evidence of I-134. but the lady simply told me 'we cannot answer you this question. you just bring every document you think is useful along to the interview.'

oh well... but i think i'll just use the unsigned tax return forms & the W2s. i guess that should be enough since we also have other evidence.

thanks.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline

You can supply copies of your tax forms. Originals are not necessary and I wouldn't submit originals of anything unless you are asked to do so. Make sure you qualify as a sponsor. The minimum income level required to sponsor your fiance and children (if applies) are usually posted on the US embassy website for your fiances country. If you do not meet the required income level you will need to have a family member or friend co-sponsor with you. If that is the case they will need to fill out the same paperwork as you and prove they are a US citizen (copy of passport or birth certificate). I know because that is what happened to me as a full-time college student at the time. Best of Luck.

fishhead

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.