Ney

September 2009 K-1 Visa Filers

4,349 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

So I was just looking at the November thread and there is a couple in there who filed the day after I got NOA2.. and guess what... even their interview is before mine :)

A & D.. you better be prepared, because I still say you will be before me :)

02/23/08 - Met in Turkey
07/09/08 - Denial of Visitor Visa to U.S.A.
06/04/09 - 2nd Denial of Visitor Visa to U.S.A.

09/22/09 - I-129F Sent
09/24/2009 - NOA1
10/19/2009 - NOA2

INTERVIEW DATE - February 23, 2010 - also the two year anniversary of the day we met smile.png

03/30/2010 - Married

04/29/2010 - Mailed AOS Packet
07/14/2010 - AOS Approved!
07/24/2010 - Green Card in Hand!

04/26/2012 - Mailed ROC Packet
01/03/2012- ROC Approved

01/10/2013 - 10 year Green Card in Hand

04/14/2102 - Mailed N400 Packet

05/13/2013 - Biometrics
08/19/2013 - Citizenship interview

09/18/2013 - Oath Cermony.

It's finally all over! He's a citizen :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I think Maggie and Mathew win on the interview game. Although Maggie got first place! :P

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/12/17- Received Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

04/13/17- Credit Card Charged

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

05/22/17- Interview Scheduled

06/28/17- Interview(Approved)

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
Ney, I had been meaning to ask you this.. they are doing interviews on a SUNDAY? I'm impressed anyone in the US Government is working on a weekend :) Regardless of what country they are in.

No offense to Krystle or anyone else, but Ney and her family are in my prayers more than anyone! Unfortunately, I understand, too well, the difficulties her son and I face with interviews in that particular part of the world. The one good thing for Ney and her son is that his fiance is a woman. Things seem to go much easier for the women than for the men.. but I don't think many people (except those going through it in these countries) really understand how different and difficult it is for the MENA countries. I didn't even realize how much more difficult the visas were there until I started reading VJ.

And yes, I know.. Turkey is not technically in the Middle East.. but when it comes to visas they are treated pretty much the same ( and China seems to get the same treatment and scrutiny too.. sometimes it seems they are even harder).

But..today is not about worrying.. today is about the great news we are going to hear.

COME ON our Jamaican Queen.. bring us some good news. I imagine you sitting there, in the consulate, right now.. and I hope you know we are all sitting there with you!

Thanks Jenn, I knew if anyone understood the pins and needles it would be you. For the most part, most of the people here are from countries that go to the interview with butterflies get the visa and come to America with no problem. As Jenn said there are several countries that put you through an enourmous amount of headache, then deny you, or put you on a new waiting list for an unspecified amount of time after the interview. I know that several of the men and women are being put on AP now (men do have a tougher time). Some people are in AP less than a month and some for over a year, and you never know what will happen or how it will happen to you. All we can do is pray that we are a couple of the fotunate ones, and I pray that to be the case for both of us. :thumbs: My heart and prayers go out to you and Faut

Weekends are different over there, thier Sundays are the start of the work week like our Mondays (I guess when in Rome).

I truly do appreciate everyones support, and I can't even begin to express what a wonderful group we have here. :star:

:dance::dance:A HUGE CONGRATS TO KJENKINS!!! :dance::dance:

I am sooooo happy for you both! Now time to start planning the wedding (Beach Time)!

Kizza nice to see you in here agian!

Maggie, I'm glad that you found a new possiblity for the police record.

A&D, Congrats on your case making it to the embassy! :thumbs:

.·*¨) ¸.·*¨) ¸.·*¨*

(¸.*´ ¸.·´*'~*Ney~* (¸.*´~*

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.

- JW von Goeth

----------------------------------------------------------------

A special shout out to a wonderful lady named Jenna and the love of her life Faut!!!

LAF~

Timeline for my wonderful son & beautiful future daughter

08/27/09 K-1 Package Mailed

09/01/09 NOA1

10/14/09 NOA2 (43 Days from NOA1)

10/16/09 NVC Recieved

10/21/09 Forwarded to US Embassy in UAE

02/21/10 Interview (173 Days from NOA)

02/22/10 AP

03/07/10 Visa is ready for pick up

03/12/10 They are going to Dubai for her visa

03/18/10 Visa in hand!

4/2/2010 POE - Washington DC

4/3/2010 Arrive in Memphis

4/7/2010 Marriage by Imam! 1st Wedding

4/9/2010 Cinderella Wedding! 2nd Wedding

Officially Husband & Wife!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I can't say how thankful I am to everyone in this forum for their continous support.

Kayla you were right, I was on the verge of crying, I was confident that we were going to get it but it's a complete different feeling when you hear "your visa is approved' I was trying so hard not to tear up. It's a great feeling and I can't wait for you Jenn and Ney's son to experience that feeling. Kayla and Maggie you're good because the U.S. and Canada are BFF.

We had a female CO, african american. She asked him 11-15 questions and he was great with the answers. I guess she was impressed because she didn't even ask for proof of relationship :unsure: I so wanted to show her the love book :crying: But she didn't ask :crying:

Again, thank you all for the support and I love you all :star:

K-1

09/17/09 Mailed I-129F

09/21/09 NOA1

12/04/09 NOA2!!!!

12/07/09 NVC Received Case

12/10/09 NVC Sent Case to Consulate

12/15/09 Consulate Recieved Case

12/21/09 Packet 3 Sent Out

2/12/10 Interview @ 8:30

APPROVED!!!!

2/26/10 POE @ JFK

Still haven't recieved visa yet: I was lucky enough to get my money back because the flight canceled.

3/2/10 Visa ready for pick up

3/3/10 visa picked up

3/3/10 POE @ JFK

5/1/10 Wedding

AOS

7/19/10 Mailed AOS Package

7/21/10 Package Received

7/27/10 Check Cashed

7/30/10 Recieved NOA

8/13/10 Case transfered to CSC!

8/18/10 Received biometrics letter

8/26/2010 Biometrics appt

9/13/2010 EAD and AP approved

9/18/2010 AP recieved

9/23/2010 EAD recieved

10/1/2010 Greencard Approved

10/09/2010 Greencard Recieved, DONE with USCIS until August 2012

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Mathew is here 3 days early. :)he surprised me for valentines day. And the BO was a girl he went to school with from his hometown.

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/12/17- Received Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

04/13/17- Credit Card Charged

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

05/22/17- Interview Scheduled

06/28/17- Interview(Approved)

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Jenn, Jenn...you know it is impossible to have the interview before you... :no:

Now we are the support group for Ney's son and his fiance. Ney, you have to believe that everything will be good. :star:

Then...Jenn...you know that nothing can't stop you...you and Fuat are in the same boat and sea can't be always calm...but you learned to swimm! (F)

anikitten.gif
ROC Sent: 2012-12-03
Arrived: 2012-12-07
NOA: 2012-12-10
Biometrics: 2013-01-08

Approved: 2013-05-10

event.png
event.png

I can't say how thankful I am to everyone in this forum for their continous support.

Kayla you were right, I was on the verge of crying, I was confident that we were going to get it but it's a complete different feeling when you hear "your visa is approved' I was trying so hard not to tear up. It's a great feeling and I can't wait for you Jenn and Ney's son to experience that feeling. Kayla and Maggie you're good because the U.S. and Canada are BFF.

We had a female CO, african american. She asked him 11-15 questions and he was great with the answers. I guess she was impressed because she didn't even ask for proof of relationship :unsure: I so wanted to show her the love book :crying: But she didn't ask :crying:

Krystal do you remember how upset was you before NOA2? And look at you now!!! :star:

anikitten.gif

event.png
event.png

Timeline
Mathew is here 3 days early. :)he surprised me for valentines day. And the BO was a girl he went to school with from his hometown.

OH that is sooooo sweet. :):)

Even if you didn't get to show her the love book you will always have it for the two of you!

That's a lot of questions! Were they the basic "how did you meet?", "How do you communicate" kind of questions or were they more detailed?

Jenn, Jenn...you know it is impossible to have the interview before you... :no:

Now we are the support group for Ney's son and his fiance. Ney, you have to believe that everything will be good. :star:

Then...Jenn...you know that nothing can't stop you...you and Fuat are in the same boat and sea can't be always calm...but you learned to swimm! (F)

I used to be a pretty good swimmer.. I think I still am :):) Very nice analogy.. I like it.

02/23/08 - Met in Turkey

09/22/09 - I-129F Sent
09/24/2009 - NOA1
10/19/2009 - NOA2

INTERVIEW DATE - February 23, 2010 - also the two year anniversary of the day we met smile.png

03/30/2010 - Married

01/03/2012- ROC Approved

05/13/2013 - Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY EVERYONE!!! (F)

.·*¨) ¸.·*¨) ¸.·*¨*

(¸.*´ ¸.·´*'~*Ney~* (¸.*´~*

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.

- JW von Goeth

A special shout out to a wonderful lady named Jenna and the love of her life Faut!!!

LAF~

Timeline for my wonderful son & beautiful future daughter

08/27/09 K-1 Package Mailed

09/01/09 NOA1

10/14/09 NOA2 (43 Days from NOA1)

10/16/09 NVC Recieved

10/21/09 Forwarded to US Embassy in UAE

02/21/10 Interview (173 Days from NOA)

02/22/10 AP

03/07/10 Visa is ready for pick up

03/12/10 They are going to Dubai for her visa

03/18/10 Visa in hand!

4/2/2010 POE - Washington DC

4/3/2010 Arrive in Memphis

4/7/2010 Marriage by Imam! 1st Wedding

4/9/2010 Cinderella Wedding! 2nd Wedding

Officially Husband & Wife!!!

Timeline

(L) (L) (L) (L) (L)

Happy Valentine's Day Everyone..

Or as it is called in Turkey.. Sevgililer gunu :)

To those of you who get to spend today with your darlings.. LUCKY YOU! For those of us who got to wake up with phone calls wishing us a Happy Valentine's day.. well.. WE GET TO LOOK FORWARD TO NEXT YEAR :)

I sent the cutest little thing for Valentine's day.. but.. I think someone in customs is enjoying it :(

I sent Fuat's gift on the same day I sent a birthday gift for his 7 year old sister. Mailed same day, but in separate packages. Knowing how long it takes the mail to get there, and knowing they do not have mail delivery on Saturday and Sunday, I sent them with the plan that they would both get there on Friday.

Nuray's package got there on Tuesday ( earlier than I thought it would).. but Fuat's package has not arrived yet.

I thought it might take a little longer to get through customs, since it was food ( chocolates), but it should not have been delayed much more than Nuray's, and chocolate is not one of the "forbidden" things to send in the mail, so I have a feeling someone in Turkey is enjoying it.

I sent one of those annoying cards that plays a song when you open it... I really don't like those, but it played his favorite Elvis song, so just had to do it :)

And I had those personalized M & M's made. They have our picture ( the one from my profile) on them.. and then there were some that had writing on them that said:

You are my heart ( his name means heart :) )

Fuatim Benim ( means my Fuat)

and

Your Jenny

WHOEVER IS EATING THEM... I hope you enjoy them

Maybe they will come soon.. but I have a feeling they will "disappear" like the package I sent one of his sister's last March.

When I had them made, I had an extra gift bag of them made so that I would have one too.. but one day, I was really craving chocolate.. sooooooo... I ate them :) DARN!

I did keep one of each.. just to have them. You would be surprised how long M &M's will last. I once had a boy mail me a green M & M in a "love letter" ( yeah.. love letters from young boys are so cute). I still have it.. that green M & M lasted 20 years before it turned grey and started to crumble.

Well, at least I kept one of each.. and I will take them with me next week, so that if the package doesn't come I can at least show them to him. I hope I can keep them from cracking or breaking before I get there. Maybe I will put them in a little bag and hold them in my hand the entire time on the plane, so that nothing happens :)

OK.. WHOEVER YOU ARE STOP EATING MY CANDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.. and I hope you have a nice Sevgililer gunu.. and that you feel guilty and think of those people you are looking at on the M &M's with every bite.

02/23/08 - Met in Turkey

09/22/09 - I-129F Sent
09/24/2009 - NOA1
10/19/2009 - NOA2

03/30/2010 - Married

01/03/2012- ROC Approved

05/13/2013 - Biometrics

I think Maggie and Mathew win on the interview game. Although Maggie got first place! :P

Im confused..lol

I have to head to cape breton tomorrow for my uncles funeral. I'll be gone for a few days.

I do hope everyone has a magical Valentines day...and Im glad Mathew surprised you and showed up early Kayla!

(L) (L) (L) (L) (L)

Happy Valentine's Day Everyone..

Or as it is called in Turkey.. Sevgililer gunu :)

To those of you who get to spend today with your darlings.. LUCKY YOU! For those of us who got to wake up with phone calls wishing us a Happy Valentine's day.. well.. WE GET TO LOOK FORWARD TO NEXT YEAR :)

I sent the cutest little thing for Valentine's day.. but.. I think someone in customs is enjoying it :(

I sent Fuat's gift on the same day I sent a birthday gift for his 7 year old sister. Mailed same day, but in separate packages. Knowing how long it takes the mail to get there, and knowing they do not have mail delivery on Saturday and Sunday, I sent them with the plan that they would both get there on Friday.

Nuray's package got there on Tuesday ( earlier than I thought it would).. but Fuat's package has not arrived yet.

I thought it might take a little longer to get through customs, since it was food ( chocolates), but it should not have been delayed much more than Nuray's, and chocolate is not one of the "forbidden" things to send in the mail, so I have a feeling someone in Turkey is enjoying it.

I sent one of those annoying cards that plays a song when you open it... I really don't like those, but it played his favorite Elvis song, so just had to do it :)

And I had those personalized M & M's made. They have our picture ( the one from my profile) on them.. and then there were some that had writing on them that said:

You are my heart ( his name means heart :) )

Fuatim Benim ( means my Fuat)

and

Your Jenny

WHOEVER IS EATING THEM... I hope you enjoy them

Maybe they will come soon.. but I have a feeling they will "disappear" like the package I sent one of his sister's last March.

When I had them made, I had an extra gift bag of them made so that I would have one too.. but one day, I was really craving chocolate.. sooooooo... I ate them :) DARN!

I did keep one of each.. just to have them. You would be surprised how long M &M's will last. I once had a boy mail me a green M & M in a "love letter" ( yeah.. love letters from young boys are so cute). I still have it.. that green M & M lasted 20 years before it turned grey and started to crumble.

Well, at least I kept one of each.. and I will take them with me next week, so that if the package doesn't come I can at least show them to him. I hope I can keep them from cracking or breaking before I get there. Maybe I will put them in a little bag and hold them in my hand the entire time on the plane, so that nothing happens :)

OK.. WHOEVER YOU ARE STOP EATING MY CANDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.. and I hope you have a nice Sevgililer gunu.. and that you feel guilty and think of those people you are looking at on the M &M's with every bite.

I hope no one at customs is enjoying it and it's just delayed :(... but it's the thought that counts!! You are so sweet.. I hope he gets it though.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Kenyth & Maggie

VSC:

I-129F Sent - Sep. 11th, 2009

I-129F Received - Sep. 15th, 2009

NOA1 - Sep. 20th, 2009

NOA2 Email - Oct. 22nd, 2009

NVC Received - Oct. 27th 2009

NVC Sent to Consulate - Oct. 27th, 2009

Consulate Received - Oct. 29th, 2009

NOA2 Hardcopy - Oct. 30th, 2009

NVC Letter Received - Nov. 09, 2009

Montreal Sent Packet 3 - Nov. 09, 2009

Packet 3 Received: Nov. 16, 2009

Packet 3 Sent: Dec. 01, 2009

Packet 3 Received by Montreal: Dec. 09, 2009

Received Interview Date from DOS: January 25th, 2010

Packet 4 Received: Feb. 1st, 2010

Trip to Montreal: March 31, 2010

Medical: April 1st, 2010 (Medisys)

Medical: APPROVED - April 6th, 2010

Interview Date: April 8th, 2010

Interview: APPROVED

Visa Received: April 15, 2010

POE - Maine: April 18,2010

Wedding: April 25th, 2010

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

AOS Process

Date Filed AOS & EAD: December 16, 2010

NOA Date AOS & EAD: December 21, 2010

Bio. Appt.: January 20, 2011 (Indiana)

AOS Transfer to CSC: January 24, 2011

Approval EAD: February 15, 2011

Approval AOS: February 22, 2011

EAD Received: February 25, 2011

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

morning all! happy valentine's day! and happy chinese new year!

Immigration Process

Detailed version on my "About Me" page

01/13/2010: K-1 Interview - VIsa Approved!

05/10/2010: Wedding Day!

01/11/2011: AOS Approved!

05/03/2013: ROC Approved!

08/06/2014: Interview - CITIZENSHIP APPROVED!

08/19/2014: Oath Ceremony

Jenn it is so nice to read and feel your love for Fuat. It is great to know the meaning of your name and since I know a few Moslims my first question was: Does your name mean anything? I always enjoyed in their explanation...I think that it is a gift to have the name with the meaning.

So, you have the heart...the heart of Fuat's family! :star:

And...you will have a nice family name (if you will take Fuat's)...Benim. (F)

Edited by AandD

anikitten.gif

event.png
event.png

Timeline
Jenn it is so nice to read and feel your love for Fuat. It is great to know the meaning of your name and since I know a few Moslims my first question was: Does your name mean anything? I always enjoyed in their explanation...I think that it is a gift to have the name with the meaning.

So, you have the heart...the heart of Fuat's family! :star:

And...you will have a nice family name (if you will take Fuat's)...Benim. (F)

:):) I always love to learn the meaning of people's names too.

Fuat means "heart" and Yildiz ( his family name) means "star"

So his name means "Heart Star " and I LOVE THAT!

I call him "My heart" (L)

I traced the roots of the name Jennifer to the Old English name Guinivere and that means "gentle"

So, if my name is Jennifer Yildiz it will mean "Gentle Star".. and I really love that.

I will definitely be taking his family name.

I never thought I would be willing to change my last name.. until I met him :)

Edited by Jenn and Fuat

02/23/08 - Met in Turkey

09/22/09 - I-129F Sent
09/24/2009 - NOA1
10/19/2009 - NOA2

03/30/2010 - Married

01/03/2012- ROC Approved

05/13/2013 - Biometrics

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
So, if my name is Jennifer Yildiz it will mean "Gentle Star".. and I really love that.

I will definitely be taking his family name.

I never thought I would be willing to change my last name.. until I met him :)

gentle star - awesome indeed! ditto on the changing name and never being willing to before...i feel exactly the same. i'm currently trying to figure out exactly how...i'm thinking of moving my last name to my middle, then taking his last name...i already have two middle names so i guess i might have to give some of them up! :)

happy monday all! hoping you guys have president's day off like me! (well, those of you in the states! :))

Immigration Process

Detailed version on my "About Me" page

01/13/2010: K-1 Interview - VIsa Approved!

05/10/2010: Wedding Day!

01/11/2011: AOS Approved!

05/03/2013: ROC Approved!

08/06/2014: Interview - CITIZENSHIP APPROVED!

08/19/2014: Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.