Ney

September 2009 K-1 Visa Filers

4,349 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Dang debt does suck. I'm working on getting out of debt myself. The lucky thing is only owe about 6k to chase and that's it. Paid off my car loan in 2 and a half years. I did put no money down on the car when I bought it at 43K but I sure like not having a car payment now. I was over paying it so I can pay it off quick. I was paying anywhere from 1000 to 1500 each month on it. My last payment that I made to pay off the car was just over 9k back in September. I just need to pay my chase credit card off and I'll be great. I been putting money into the savings like crazy since September cause I know we are going to have a lot of bills soon.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
Dang debt does suck. I'm working on getting out of debt myself. The lucky thing is only owe about 6k to chase and that's it. Paid off my car loan in 2 and a half years. I did put no money down on the car when I bought it at 43K but I sure like not having a car payment now. I was over paying it so I can pay it off quick. I was paying anywhere from 1000 to 1500 each month on it. My last payment that I made to pay off the car was just over 9k back in September. I just need to pay my chase credit card off and I'll be great. I been putting money into the savings like crazy since September cause I know we are going to have a lot of bills soon.

i've been trying to save like crazy too. I know things will be tight once my honey comes here since it will be a while before he can work. i keep scrutinizing all my expenses and trying to figure out how to save a little bit more!

hey this is sort of random, but does anyone have a wii? and does anyone use wii fit and the balance board? i'm thinking about it and wondering how it is, if you can really get a workout, etc...

Immigration Process

Detailed version on my "About Me" page

01/13/2010: K-1 Interview - VIsa Approved!

05/10/2010: Wedding Day!

01/11/2011: AOS Approved!

05/03/2013: ROC Approved!

08/06/2014: Interview - CITIZENSHIP APPROVED!

08/19/2014: Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
hey this is sort of random, but does anyone have a wii? and does anyone use wii fit and the balance board? i'm thinking about it and wondering how it is, if you can really get a workout, etc...

I'm gonna have to go with NO on this one. Not worth the monies.

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

That's what I've been doing and I've lost 5 pounds. It does work you out quite a bit if you're doing the right workouts. The hula hoop is really good for your abs and I like the yoga part of it.

I'd say worth the money. I've gotten in a lot better shape since I started using it.

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/12/17- Received Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

04/13/17- Credit Card Charged

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

05/22/17- Interview Scheduled

06/28/17- Interview(Approved)

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
i've been trying to save like crazy too. I know things will be tight once my honey comes here since it will be a while before he can work. i keep scrutinizing all my expenses and trying to figure out how to save a little bit more!

I have wii fit, wii fit plus, and active. I love them and they do keep you in shape if you do them. :whistle: The wii sports that comes with the wii is great too.

I quit smoking three days ago, so I am in a little bit of a lala land right now. I know it will be over soon, so if I miss a beat or two please excuse me.

Kayla congrats on the lose!!! :thumbs:

Edited by Ney

.·*¨) ¸.·*¨) ¸.·*¨*

(¸.*´ ¸.·´*'~*Ney~* (¸.*´~*

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.

- JW von Goeth

----------------------------------------------------------------

A special shout out to a wonderful lady named Jenna and the love of her life Faut!!!

LAF~

Timeline for my wonderful son & beautiful future daughter

08/27/09 K-1 Package Mailed

09/01/09 NOA1

10/14/09 NOA2 (43 Days from NOA1)

10/16/09 NVC Recieved

10/21/09 Forwarded to US Embassy in UAE

02/21/10 Interview (173 Days from NOA)

02/22/10 AP

03/07/10 Visa is ready for pick up

03/12/10 They are going to Dubai for her visa

03/18/10 Visa in hand!

4/2/2010 POE - Washington DC

4/3/2010 Arrive in Memphis

4/7/2010 Marriage by Imam! 1st Wedding

4/9/2010 Cinderella Wedding! 2nd Wedding

Officially Husband & Wife!!!

Timeline

Ney Congrats on quiting smoking. Just keep with it and you will be good in no time. In the mean time we will forgive you ;)

March 20th is the day Joanna enters the JFK. I'm getting nervous because she doesn't speak much English and then she is staying in New York for a week then flying to Florida either on the 27th or 28th of March. I just hope her POE goes easy without a hitch.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline
Ney Congrats on quiting smoking. Just keep with it and you will be good in no time. In the mean time we will forgive you ;)

March 20th is the day Joanna enters the JFK. I'm getting nervous because she doesn't speak much English and then she is staying in New York for a week then flying to Florida either on the 27th or 28th of March. I just hope her POE goes easy without a hitch.

Hey congrats on quitting smoking. When I did it ( the first time.. there WILL be a second).. the 4th day was the hardest and after the first week you pretty much have it beat as far as the constant nagging in your body.

I will be at JFK on the 20th.. just booked my flight today. Decided to fly rather than drive. After I added up the cost for parking in NYC, tolls, gas etc.. it was cheaper to fly. What time does she get in? I am sure everything will go fine.. but I worry about Fuat going through POE on the 21st and he speaks excellent English.. so I guess saying "don't worry" is pointless.

OK... after reading a few other posts on here I am no longer going to complain about my student loan. Someone has me beat :)

Krystle and Karen how close are you to NYC? I am staying at the Best Western at JFK on Saturday night.. will then meet Fuat at the airport on Sunday and we'll go to the hotel in the city. Normally I wouldn't pay for a hotel right in the city but there is only ONE time that will be his first time in NYC and his first time in a city outside of his own country.. so decided it was worth it ( plus found a good deal on-line).

I'm getting really excited now.. but instead of sitting here and typing to all of you I SHOULD be organizing closest and cleaning :):)

02/23/08 - Met in Turkey
07/09/08 - Denial of Visitor Visa to U.S.A.
06/04/09 - 2nd Denial of Visitor Visa to U.S.A.

09/22/09 - I-129F Sent
09/24/2009 - NOA1
10/19/2009 - NOA2

INTERVIEW DATE - February 23, 2010 - also the two year anniversary of the day we met smile.png

03/30/2010 - Married

04/29/2010 - Mailed AOS Packet
07/14/2010 - AOS Approved!
07/24/2010 - Green Card in Hand!

04/26/2012 - Mailed ROC Packet
01/03/2012- ROC Approved

01/10/2013 - 10 year Green Card in Hand

04/14/2102 - Mailed N400 Packet

05/13/2013 - Biometrics
08/19/2013 - Citizenship interview

09/18/2013 - Oath Cermony.

It's finally all over! He's a citizen :)

Timeline

Her flight arrives at JFK at 9:45pm on the 20th. Once I get a call from her that she cleared POE I will be better. She was suppose to come a week later so my vacation time starts on April 5th and til the 11th. So she is going to get to Florida on the 27th or 28th of March a week earlier then planned. She will be left at home for the first week as I can't get out of work. I have planned something little around town each day after work. Then on the 5th going to the Florida Keys for 2 days then hanging around St.Petersburg showing her around her new city where she is going to live. On top of that she is buying her ticket to Florida the night she arrives at JFK with the help of her aunt. It's kinda funny to see a lot of VJ'er going to be around JFK/New York all at the sometime.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Maggie: yes, every 3 months!! Loved every minute of it but if I had known this fiance visa would've worked I would've never went so often but what the heck, only a few people can say they go to Jamaica 4 times a year.

Seb: WHAT car is that, 43k????

Karen: I don't have a wii and don't plan on getting one...

Ney: I hope you do good w' quitting smoking!

I never smoked (except when I was 16 and I choked like hell) but I always thought that it's very unlady like to smoke but what the heck, we're all grown.

Jenn: I'm a 45 minute bus ride from the city. I'm looking into going to 1. The Bodies Exhibition, 2. Museum of Sex or 3. Dinner and a movie that weekend so let me know...

Oh, what hotel are you staying and how much was it if you don't mind me asking?

K-1

09/17/09 Mailed I-129F

09/21/09 NOA1

12/04/09 NOA2!!!!

12/07/09 NVC Received Case

12/10/09 NVC Sent Case to Consulate

12/15/09 Consulate Recieved Case

12/21/09 Packet 3 Sent Out

2/12/10 Interview @ 8:30

APPROVED!!!!

2/26/10 POE @ JFK

Still haven't recieved visa yet: I was lucky enough to get my money back because the flight canceled.

3/2/10 Visa ready for pick up

3/3/10 visa picked up

3/3/10 POE @ JFK

5/1/10 Wedding

AOS

7/19/10 Mailed AOS Package

7/21/10 Package Received

7/27/10 Check Cashed

7/30/10 Recieved NOA

8/13/10 Case transfered to CSC!

8/18/10 Received biometrics letter

8/26/2010 Biometrics appt

9/13/2010 EAD and AP approved

9/18/2010 AP recieved

9/23/2010 EAD recieved

10/1/2010 Greencard Approved

10/09/2010 Greencard Recieved, DONE with USCIS until August 2012

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I think I'm going to try and put the sweet talk on Mathew once he gets a good paying job to see if he'll let me trade my car in and get a new car. I want an SUV so bad I cant stand it. A girl I work with test drove the new Kia Sorento yesterday, and it was awesome on the inside, and really pretty in black. I think I really want either a GMC Acadia or a Terrain though. Kia's are good for gas mileage and the price but, you know.

Our store failed the audit yesterday. It was awful.... :angry:

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/12/17- Received Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

04/13/17- Credit Card Charged

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

05/22/17- Interview Scheduled

06/28/17- Interview(Approved)

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
I have wii fit, wii fit plus, and active. I love them and they do keep you in shape if you do them. :whistle: The wii sports that comes with the wii is great too.

I quit smoking three days ago, so I am in a little bit of a lala land right now. I know it will be over soon, so if I miss a beat or two please excuse me.

Kayla congrats on the lose!!! :thumbs:

Congratulations Ney on quitting smoking!! That is totally awesome, and I am rooting for you and sending lots of good vibes! Drink lots of water, flush out those toxins. When I quit i bought a tons of lollipops and those helped - but the best thing for me was to sip water slowly and breathe. That and just sheer stubborn willpower. (i am very stubborn. :)) For most folks it seems like exercise is super super helpful too.

And Kayla congrats on losing weight! :)

Krystle and Karen how close are you to NYC? I am staying at the Best Western at JFK on Saturday night.. will then meet Fuat at the airport on Sunday and we'll go to the hotel in the city. Normally I wouldn't pay for a hotel right in the city but there is only ONE time that will be his first time in NYC and his first time in a city outside of his own country.. so decided it was worth it ( plus found a good deal on-line).

I'm getting really excited now.. but instead of sitting here and typing to all of you I SHOULD be organizing closest and cleaning :):)

I live in NYC (astoria - just across the east river from east side of manhattan) - would love to see/meet you. How long will you be in the city? I'm guessing the night of the 20th you'll probably just want to stick around JFK though right? and I don't want to infringe on jenn & fuat time after that! :blush:

Immigration Process

Detailed version on my "About Me" page

01/13/2010: K-1 Interview - VIsa Approved!

05/10/2010: Wedding Day!

01/11/2011: AOS Approved!

05/03/2013: ROC Approved!

08/06/2014: Interview - CITIZENSHIP APPROVED!

08/19/2014: Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline
Maggie: yes, every 3 months!! Loved every minute of it but if I had known this fiance visa would've worked I would've never went so often but what the heck, only a few people can say they go to Jamaica 4 times a year.

Seb: WHAT car is that, 43k????

Karen: I don't have a wii and don't plan on getting one...

Ney: I hope you do good w' quitting smoking!

I never smoked (except when I was 16 and I choked like hell) but I always thought that it's very unlady like to smoke but what the heck, we're all grown.

Jenn: I'm a 45 minute bus ride from the city. I'm looking into going to 1. The Bodies Exhibition, 2. Museum of Sex or 3. Dinner and a movie that weekend so let me know...

Oh, what hotel are you staying and how much was it if you don't mind me asking?

Good morning everyone! Ready for a funny story?

Yesterday I was feeling pretty good and thought I was over the jet lag. Got dressed for work, walked out the door and went to the store. Did some shopping and then went into my office. Was thinking maybe I wasn't over the jet lag, because the whole time I felt like I was walking funny and couldn't figure out why. So... I get to my office, and am talking to one of my managers and... we both look down at my feet for some reason..

and....

I was walking funny because I was wearing one brown shoe with a 1 1/2 inch heal and one one black shoe with a 1 inch heal :) Guess I was NOT over the jet lag and couldn't even dress myself properly :) I wonder how many people in the store noticed and thought I was a freak :)

Will need to make sure I am wearing matching shoes today.

Krystle, after he gets through the airport and we get to the hotel it will probably be around 5:30 or 6:00pm. We will get something to eat and then walk around Times Square a bit I am sure.. If he is not too tired my plan is to then go earn the need for some ice packs :):)

On Monday, we are going to do one of those hop-on/hop off bus tours of the city. Go to Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty, etc. We only have the one day to see everything and that is the best way to do it. When I take my international employees there we do it that way and you can see pretty much everything in one day.

We fly out Tuesday afternoon.

Another friend of his ( via web cam.. they've never actually met) asked to go to NYC with me to meet him. Fuat said he would rather it just be the two of us the first few days. I can definitely understand that :) But if you are going to be in the city on Sunday or Monday night maybe we can get together for dinner.. Or Saturday night if you are there. I will be alone that night.

At the moment I can't remember the name of the hotel. I will have to look in my emails. It's not a great hotel.. two star, but has great reviews, a free parking garage, decent size rooms, breakfast included and room service. I got it for $70 a night. I can send you the name if you want it.. found it on Expedia. Location is great.. one block off Times Square. Figured I didn't care if it was not a world class hotel.. it was cheap, near where we wanted to be...

02/23/08 - Met in Turkey
07/09/08 - Denial of Visitor Visa to U.S.A.
06/04/09 - 2nd Denial of Visitor Visa to U.S.A.

09/22/09 - I-129F Sent
09/24/2009 - NOA1
10/19/2009 - NOA2

INTERVIEW DATE - February 23, 2010 - also the two year anniversary of the day we met smile.png

03/30/2010 - Married

04/29/2010 - Mailed AOS Packet
07/14/2010 - AOS Approved!
07/24/2010 - Green Card in Hand!

04/26/2012 - Mailed ROC Packet
01/03/2012- ROC Approved

01/10/2013 - 10 year Green Card in Hand

04/14/2102 - Mailed N400 Packet

05/13/2013 - Biometrics
08/19/2013 - Citizenship interview

09/18/2013 - Oath Cermony.

It's finally all over! He's a citizen :)

Yesterday I was feeling pretty good and thought I was over the jet lag. Got dressed for work, walked out the door and went to the store. Did some shopping and then went into my office. Was thinking maybe I wasn't over the jet lag, because the whole time I felt like I was walking funny and couldn't figure out why. So... I get to my office, and am talking to one of my managers and... we both look down at my feet for some reason..

and....

I was walking funny because I was wearing one brown shoe with a 1 1/2 inch heal and one one black shoe with a 1 inch heal :) Guess I was NOT over the jet lag and couldn't even dress myself properly :) I wonder how many people in the store noticed and thought I was a freak :)

Krystle, after he gets through the airport and we get to the hotel it will probably be around 5:30 or 6:00pm. We will get something to eat and then walk around Times Square a bit I am sure.. If he is not too tired my plan is to then go earn the need for some ice packs :):)

On Monday, we are going to do one of those hop-on/hop off bus tours of the city. Go to Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty, etc. We only have the one day to see everything and that is the best way to do it. When I take my international employees there we do it that way and you can see pretty much everything in one day.

Another friend of his ( via web cam.. they've never actually met) asked to go to NYC with me to meet him. Fuat said he would rather it just be the two of us the first few days. I can definitely understand that :) But if you are going to be in the city on Sunday or Monday night maybe we can get together for dinner.. Or Saturday night if you are there. I will be alone that night.

At the moment I can't remember the name of the hotel. I will have to look in my emails. It's not a great hotel.. two star, but has great reviews, a free parking garage, decent size rooms, breakfast included and room service. I got it for $70 a night. I can send you the name if you want it.. found it on Expedia. Location is great.. one block off Times Square. Figured I didn't care if it was not a world class hotel.. it was cheap, near where we wanted to be...

I took a break from working to skim this forum... and I read this Jenn... lmao .. okay... that was definitely a good chuckle I needed during work. Loving your shoes ;)

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Kenyth & Maggie

VSC:

I-129F Sent - Sep. 11th, 2009

I-129F Received - Sep. 15th, 2009

NOA1 - Sep. 20th, 2009

NOA2 Email - Oct. 22nd, 2009

NVC Received - Oct. 27th 2009

NVC Sent to Consulate - Oct. 27th, 2009

Consulate Received - Oct. 29th, 2009

NOA2 Hardcopy - Oct. 30th, 2009

NVC Letter Received - Nov. 09, 2009

Montreal Sent Packet 3 - Nov. 09, 2009

Packet 3 Received: Nov. 16, 2009

Packet 3 Sent: Dec. 01, 2009

Packet 3 Received by Montreal: Dec. 09, 2009

Received Interview Date from DOS: January 25th, 2010

Packet 4 Received: Feb. 1st, 2010

Trip to Montreal: March 31, 2010

Medical: April 1st, 2010 (Medisys)

Medical: APPROVED - April 6th, 2010

Interview Date: April 8th, 2010

Interview: APPROVED

Visa Received: April 15, 2010

POE - Maine: April 18,2010

Wedding: April 25th, 2010

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

AOS Process

Date Filed AOS & EAD: December 16, 2010

NOA Date AOS & EAD: December 21, 2010

Bio. Appt.: January 20, 2011 (Indiana)

AOS Transfer to CSC: January 24, 2011

Approval EAD: February 15, 2011

Approval AOS: February 22, 2011

EAD Received: February 25, 2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

As always you guys are a great inspiration for me.

Jenn, you are just too cute. :rofl:

Edited by Ney

.·*¨) ¸.·*¨) ¸.·*¨*

(¸.*´ ¸.·´*'~*Ney~* (¸.*´~*

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.

- JW von Goeth

A special shout out to a wonderful lady named Jenna and the love of her life Faut!!!

LAF~

Timeline for my wonderful son & beautiful future daughter

08/27/09 K-1 Package Mailed

09/01/09 NOA1

10/14/09 NOA2 (43 Days from NOA1)

10/16/09 NVC Recieved

10/21/09 Forwarded to US Embassy in UAE

02/21/10 Interview (173 Days from NOA)

02/22/10 AP

03/07/10 Visa is ready for pick up

03/12/10 They are going to Dubai for her visa

03/18/10 Visa in hand!

4/2/2010 POE - Washington DC

4/3/2010 Arrive in Memphis

4/7/2010 Marriage by Imam! 1st Wedding

4/9/2010 Cinderella Wedding! 2nd Wedding

Officially Husband & Wife!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

and....

OMG, I've put on wrong shoes before but I've never actually walked out the door with them, that's hilarious!! So what did you do, go buy a new pair, go home??

K-1

09/17/09 Mailed I-129F

09/21/09 NOA1

12/04/09 NOA2!!!!

12/07/09 NVC Received Case

12/10/09 NVC Sent Case to Consulate

12/15/09 Consulate Recieved Case

12/21/09 Packet 3 Sent Out

2/12/10 Interview @ 8:30

APPROVED!!!!

2/26/10 POE @ JFK

Still haven't recieved visa yet: I was lucky enough to get my money back because the flight canceled.

3/2/10 Visa ready for pick up

3/3/10 visa picked up

3/3/10 POE @ JFK

5/1/10 Wedding

AOS

7/19/10 Mailed AOS Package

7/21/10 Package Received

7/27/10 Check Cashed

7/30/10 Recieved NOA

8/13/10 Case transfered to CSC!

8/18/10 Received biometrics letter

8/26/2010 Biometrics appt

9/13/2010 EAD and AP approved

9/18/2010 AP recieved

9/23/2010 EAD recieved

10/1/2010 Greencard Approved

10/09/2010 Greencard Recieved, DONE with USCIS until August 2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.