Ney

September 2009 K-1 Visa Filers

4,349 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
I keep getting a busy signal at the NVC is driving me crazy... Oh wait I am supposed to be working right now... lol

Meh, work is for fools!!! You NEED to know about this NVC business! :)

:thumbs: You are right... after all I will not be able to work at all till I know... sigh... I want it to be in Brazil soon... Probably there already.

I saw two going to Brazil on 10/23 and one on 10/26. I bet one of those is yours.

Hey Jen, thanks for the info, finally got through... how do I check the DHL to know when it was sent? They told me that it was forwarded to the Consulate this week.

K-1 Visa

K-1 Package Mailed: 09/03/09

USCIS received: 09/09/09

Check Cashed: 09/10/09

NOA1: 09/16/09

"Touched": 09/17/09

NOA2: 10/20/09

NVC Received: 10/22/09

NVC Sent: 11/03/09

Consulate Received: 11/06/09

Interview: 01/21/2010 --- APPROVED

Visa Received: 01/27/2010

POE Atlanta: 01/31/2010

Marriage: 03/19/2010

AOS

Filing for AOS: 05/03/2010

NOA: 05/10/2010

Biometrics: 06/08/2010

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yayyyy!

Okay, now I'm really gone. Be back in a few hours, lol. Or maybe when I get there. Who knows. :)

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/12/17- Received Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

04/13/17- Credit Card Charged

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

05/22/17- Interview Scheduled

06/28/17- Interview(Approved)

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline
Since by the time I get to Virginia it will be a respectable hour for lunch, I'm gonna go get my egg roll!

I can already tell a difference in my relationship since I got this NOA2, even though it's only been a few hours. For a while there we were so frustrated at each other and fighting all the time I ended up taking off my ring. These past few days have been a lot better, and now this morning we're back to that happy excited kind of love that we used to have. I hate what this process does to us all. I can't imagine what it must be like for those who are still waiting, and have been for months. Mathew and I have been through A LOT over these last 6 years but I really thought we were going to strangle each other for a while there! Glad that's over with!

I KNOW you are not alone in the stress this whole thing causes in a relationship. We are having it now too, but for us it's getting worse after NOA2.. mostly because his family realizes he really is going to leave Turkey.. no matter how much they love me, I am not what has been planned for his life. Since the time he was born, the plan was that he would get married to a nice, young, Turkish girl who would move into their home with them and help his mother, while he supported the family. Family pressures are causing us so many problems, and so much grief and heartache.. there have been some days I wonder if we are even going to make it to the interview.. other days we are on cloud 9 and can't stop talking about how wonderful things will be when he gets here.

Then he's got his friends saying things like "I know a friend there.. and America is going downhill. You won't get a job, you will hate it there because they do... blah, blah, blah.." We don't need these kind of problems.. it's already stressful enough. Then he'll talk to someone whose gone through all this and they will tell him that the first few months are hard, but that wouldn't go back to Turkey now.. It's so confusing for him and I feel like I have to sit on the sidelines and just let all this stuff happen.. because I am not there!

Two days ago, I thought we were going to cancel everything.. today.. we're trying to guess when we might have an interview so we can start planning things. This is stressful for all of us.. but I think it might be safe to assume that the stress on couples coming from different cultural backgrounds can be down right unbearable! Being torn between the person you love, the life you want.. and what your family expects of you.. I cannot even imagine what all this is like for him, but it's definatley taking its toll on us!

Ever day I just pray it will get easier and that we will get through all of this soon!

OK.. now that I've dumped a huge load of personal stuff on all of you :) Back to work on those budgets!!!!

Yayyyy!

Okay, now I'm really gone. Be back in a few hours, lol. Or maybe when I get there. Who knows. :)

Are you really goign to Virginia??? What part!!!!!!

Edited by Jenn and Fuat

02/23/08 - Met in Turkey
07/09/08 - Denial of Visitor Visa to U.S.A.
06/04/09 - 2nd Denial of Visitor Visa to U.S.A.

09/22/09 - I-129F Sent
09/24/2009 - NOA1
10/19/2009 - NOA2

INTERVIEW DATE - February 23, 2010 - also the two year anniversary of the day we met smile.png

03/30/2010 - Married

04/29/2010 - Mailed AOS Packet
07/14/2010 - AOS Approved!
07/24/2010 - Green Card in Hand!

04/26/2012 - Mailed ROC Packet
01/03/2012- ROC Approved

01/10/2013 - 10 year Green Card in Hand

04/14/2102 - Mailed N400 Packet

05/13/2013 - Biometrics
08/19/2013 - Citizenship interview

09/18/2013 - Oath Cermony.

It's finally all over! He's a citizen :)

The difference between us is 5 hours (till the end of this week) and after that again 6. We are jumping all the time, trying so hard to be close to each other as much as it is possible.

Yesterday I was so frustrated cause I didn't see any move from 26 and I started to think VSC getting slow down. I hope they will not!

Congratulations to all of you with NOA2! :thumbs:

Now is our turn to get it and see the light at the end of the tunnel. :star:

anikitten.gif
ROC Sent: 2012-12-03
Arrived: 2012-12-07
NOA: 2012-12-10
Biometrics: 2013-01-08

Approved: 2013-05-10

event.png
event.png

Timeline
Since by the time I get to Virginia it will be a respectable hour for lunch, I'm gonna go get my egg roll!

I can already tell a difference in my relationship since I got this NOA2, even though it's only been a few hours. For a while there we were so frustrated at each other and fighting all the time I ended up taking off my ring. These past few days have been a lot better, and now this morning we're back to that happy excited kind of love that we used to have. I hate what this process does to us all. I can't imagine what it must be like for those who are still waiting, and have been for months. Mathew and I have been through A LOT over these last 6 years but I really thought we were going to strangle each other for a while there! Glad that's over with!

I KNOW you are not alone in the stress this whole thing causes in a relationship. We are having it now too, but for us it's getting worse after NOA2.. mostly because his family realizes he really is going to leave Turkey.. no matter how much they love me, I am not what has been planned for his life. Since the time he was born, the plan was that he would get married to a nice, young, Turkish girl who would move into their home with them and help his mother, while he supported the family. Family pressures are causing us so many problems, and so much grief and heartache.. there have been some days I wonder if we are even going to make it to the interview.. other days we are on cloud 9 and can't stop talking about how wonderful things will be when he gets here.

Then he's got his friends saying things like "I know a friend there.. and America is going downhill. You won't get a job, you will hate it there because they do... blah, blah, blah.." We don't need these kind of problems.. it's already stressful enough. Then he'll talk to someone whose gone through all this and they will tell him that the first few months are hard, but that wouldn't go back to Turkey now.. It's so confusing for him and I feel like I have to sit on the sidelines and just let all this stuff happen.. because I am not there!

Two days ago, I thought we were going to cancel everything.. today.. we're trying to guess when we might have an interview so we can start planning things. This is stressful for all of us.. but I think it might be safe to assume that the stress on couples coming from different cultural backgrounds can be down right unbearable! Being torn between the person you love, the life you want.. and what your family expects of you.. I cannot even imagine what all this is like for him, but it's definatley taking its toll on us!

Ever day I just pray it will get easier and that we will get through all of this soon!

OK.. now that I've dumped a huge load of personal stuff on all of you :) Back to work on those budgets!!!!

Yayyyy!

Are you really goign to Virginia??? What part!!!!!!

OKKKKK... So I managed to reply to two posts in one.. but I have NO IDEA how I did it. I wasn't even trying to.

I should just give up trying to figure out computers and stick to my budgets :)

02/23/08 - Met in Turkey

09/22/09 - I-129F Sent
09/24/2009 - NOA1
10/19/2009 - NOA2

INTERVIEW DATE - February 23, 2010 - also the two year anniversary of the day we met smile.png

03/30/2010 - Married

01/03/2012- ROC Approved

05/13/2013 - Biometrics

Timeline

I'm going to Wise, VA. I live so close to the Virginia border that I can be there quicker than I can be in Pikeville(KY), which is where I work. I was actually born in Virginia because it was the closest hospital, LOL.

I'm sure that I'm not what Mathew's parents had planned for him, but so far they love me like a daughter. They really disliked the girl that broke us up the first time, apparently, although they don't know the gory details of our past. Back then I think they just thought we were friends though. Can't blame them. But I know his mommy worries about him not finding a job down here, and so does his dad. But they want what makes him happy, and if that's me then they are all for it. The only thing that bothers me(and I'm trying to correct it) is that I don't speak french other than a few sentences so I never know what they are saying. It's hard for us to talk since their knowledge of English is kind of limited, but we still try.

Our family problem is MY mother. And not because she doesn't like him or doesn't want me to be with him. It's because I'm her only daughter and she's not ready to let go. I can forsee her trying to cause us problems in the end just because I know what she's capable of. So I've told him that unless he wants it to blow up in his face, he better only say nice things about me to her. She'll make it 10 times worse when she tells it back to me. She really loves Mathew dearly, she just doesn't know how to handle me growing up and leaving the nest.

I'll go ahead and tell you not to even consult him about wedding planning. Mathew and I fight SO MUCH because his excuse for not helping is that he doesn't know anything about weddings. We'd probably be in a better place if I didn't want him to help me. I gave him a website last night to look at, groomgroove.com and he seems to be reading it, but I swear I felt like pulling my hair out a lot of times since this whole mess started.

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline
I keep getting a busy signal at the NVC is driving me crazy... Oh wait I am supposed to be working right now... lol

Meh, work is for fools!!! You NEED to know about this NVC business! :)

:thumbs: You are right... after all I will not be able to work at all till I know... sigh... I want it to be in Brazil soon... Probably there already.

I saw two going to Brazil on 10/23 and one on 10/26. I bet one of those is yours.

Hey Jen, thanks for the info, finally got through... how do I check the DHL to know when it was sent? They told me that it was forwarded to the Consulate this week.

I think the link to DHL is on page 36 or 37 of this forum.. when I went to the page I would putting in the following:

EXP 23 OCT 2009A

with a date range of 10/23 - 10/26 and it showed a few going to Brazil. I've tried with EXP 26 OCT 2009A with date ranges of 10/26 - 10/27 and come up with almost nothing.. for some reason the other way worked better.

They cant ell you exactly what day the received it and what day it was mailed out... but if they mailed it "This week" it was most likely 10/26 or 10/27

I'm going to Wise, VA. I live so close to the Virginia border that I can be there quicker than I can be in Pikeville(KY), which is where I work. I was actually born in Virginia because it was the closest hospital, LOL.

I'm sure that I'm not what Mathew's parents had planned for him, but so far they love me like a daughter. They really disliked the girl that broke us up the first time, apparently, although they don't know the gory details of our past. Back then I think they just thought we were friends though. Can't blame them. But I know his mommy worries about him not finding a job down here, and so does his dad. But they want what makes him happy, and if that's me then they are all for it. The only thing that bothers me(and I'm trying to correct it) is that I don't speak french other than a few sentences so I never know what they are saying. It's hard for us to talk since their knowledge of English is kind of limited, but we still try.

Our family problem is MY mother. And not because she doesn't like him or doesn't want me to be with him. It's because I'm her only daughter and she's not ready to let go. I can forsee her trying to cause us problems in the end just because I know what she's capable of. So I've told him that unless he wants it to blow up in his face, he better only say nice things about me to her. She'll make it 10 times worse when she tells it back to me. She really loves Mathew dearly, she just doesn't know how to handle me growing up and leaving the nest.

I'll go ahead and tell you not to even consult him about wedding planning. Mathew and I fight SO MUCH because his excuse for not helping is that he doesn't know anything about weddings. We'd probably be in a better place if I didn't want him to help me. I gave him a website last night to look at, groomgroove.com and he seems to be reading it, but I swear I felt like pulling my hair out a lot of times since this whole mess started.

I've only been in VA for two years.. so I have no idea where Wise, VA is.. but I am assuming it's close to Kentucky :) I will have to look at it on the map.

My company relocated me here, from Ohio, two years ago and I work so much I have not had much time to explore!

02/23/08 - Met in Turkey

09/22/09 - I-129F Sent
09/24/2009 - NOA1
10/19/2009 - NOA2

03/30/2010 - Married

01/03/2012- ROC Approved

05/13/2013 - Biometrics

I laughed when I read that about him not knowing anything about weddings. John said that basically I can do what I want because it's really a woman thing to have all the fuss. He said he just wants to be married so whatever I want to do is ok with him. I still run all the ideas past him even though I know it doesn't really matter. I guess I figure that way if he doesn't like something on the day I can say "well buddy I told ya that's what I was doing!" He's so laid back about everything I can't imagine him not liking whatever it is I come up with.

I'm sitting here at work thinking 2 days from now he'll be on a plane on his way here. I CAN'T WAIT!!!! My mom called yesterday asking if she should get him some Guinness. I told her he's having a long journey so he'll probably need a drink by then! Funny enough she doesn't make sure she has what I want in the house when I come home??? I think i'm going to write a complaint letter! :) Although I suppose he's bringing her shortbread and bringing the kids some sweets so that's why she has his Guinness!

10-16-2010 Married

03-17-2011 I-130 sent

03-19-2011 I-130 received

03-23-2011 NOA1

03-25-2011 Touch

06-16-2011 NOA2

07-18-2011 NVC Received

07-19-2011 Emailed DS 3032

07-29-2011 Emailed DS 3032 AGAIN-still no response

08-03-2011 AOS Bill Generated

08-03-2011 AOS Bill Paid

08-03-2011 Emailed DS 3032 Yet Again!!!

08-05-2011 Mailed AOS packet

08-08-2011 AOS packet delivered

08-08-2011 DS 3232 accepted

08-09-2011 IV Bill Generated/Paid

08-10-2011 IV marked PAID

08-10-2011 IV packet Mailed

08-11-2011 IV packet delivered

08-16-2011 AOS package processed

08-22-2011 IV packet processed

08-22-2011 SIF/Case Closed

08-25-2011 Interview date received

10-13-2011 Interview-APPROVED

l198oyeua.png

d1emrulw6.png

Timeline

No matter how many times I try and do the whole "I'm doing it, you just show up!" thing he always acts like he wants to help but just doesn't know how. So I feel bad for not including him when he wants to be, but darn it he can't have it both ways!!! :)

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

I'm sorry to hear about the added stress on the relationships. I can only imagine... but no matter what..this process and the added stress is only going to strength each relationship.

..and on another good note, my package left NVC yesterday to Montreal!! I got the same lady when I called to find out if it was there, she remembered me and was just as nice as the other day! She asked if I had the number to Montreal and because I didn't want to bother her I told her I didn't but that I could probably find it but she got it for me anyway.. people like HER make things less stressful...and I have to say whoever she is...thank you so much!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Kenyth & Maggie

VSC:

I-129F Sent - Sep. 11th, 2009

I-129F Received - Sep. 15th, 2009

NOA1 - Sep. 20th, 2009

NOA2 Email - Oct. 22nd, 2009

NVC Received - Oct. 27th 2009

NVC Sent to Consulate - Oct. 27th, 2009

Consulate Received - Oct. 29th, 2009

NOA2 Hardcopy - Oct. 30th, 2009

NVC Letter Received - Nov. 09, 2009

Montreal Sent Packet 3 - Nov. 09, 2009

Packet 3 Received: Nov. 16, 2009

Packet 3 Sent: Dec. 01, 2009

Packet 3 Received by Montreal: Dec. 09, 2009

Received Interview Date from DOS: January 25th, 2010

Packet 4 Received: Feb. 1st, 2010

Trip to Montreal: March 31, 2010

Medical: April 1st, 2010 (Medisys)

Medical: APPROVED - April 6th, 2010

Interview Date: April 8th, 2010

Interview: APPROVED

Visa Received: April 15, 2010

POE - Maine: April 18,2010

Wedding: April 25th, 2010

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

AOS Process

Date Filed AOS & EAD: December 16, 2010

NOA Date AOS & EAD: December 21, 2010

Bio. Appt.: January 20, 2011 (Indiana)

AOS Transfer to CSC: January 24, 2011

Approval EAD: February 15, 2011

Approval AOS: February 22, 2011

EAD Received: February 25, 2011

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
I think the link to DHL is on page 36 or 37 of this forum.. when I went to the page I would putting in the following:

EXP 23 OCT 2009A

with a date range of 10/23 - 10/26 and it showed a few going to Brazil. I've tried with EXP 26 OCT 2009A with date ranges of 10/26 - 10/27 and come up with almost nothing.. for some reason the other way worked better.

They cant ell you exactly what day the received it and what day it was mailed out... but if they mailed it "This week" it was most likely 10/26 or 10/27

good god, i'm seriously pathetic at this point. so, you all know i'm still waiting for my noa2 of course. just for the hell of it and because i couldn't bear checking the uscis site for the umpteenth time, i decided to distract myself by checking out these DHL tracking searches. so i run exactly the one above and wouldn'tcha know...there's a package en route to guayaquil, ecuador sent 10/26. 6 lbs. now, of course there's no chance it could be mine, i haven't even gotten an NOA2, much less gone through NVC. of course it's someone else's. but i find myself thinking, "what if my account just didn't get updated?? what if that's mine? it's maybe a pound too heavy but what if they repackaged it??"

i know it's all crazy talk in my head but good god this is what this process does to neurotic people like me. :-) anyway just had to share. :-)

Immigration Process

Detailed version on my "About Me" page

01/13/2010: K-1 Interview - VIsa Approved!

05/10/2010: Wedding Day!

01/11/2011: AOS Approved!

05/03/2013: ROC Approved!

08/06/2014: Interview - CITIZENSHIP APPROVED!

08/19/2014: Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

EXP 23 OCT 2009A

good god, i'm seriously pathetic at this point. so, you all know i'm still waiting for my noa2 of course. just for the hell of it and because i couldn't bear checking the uscis site for the umpteenth time, i decided to distract myself by checking out these DHL tracking searches. so i run exactly the one above and wouldn'tcha know...there's a package en route to guayaquil, ecuador sent 10/26. 6 lbs. now, of course there's no chance it could be mine, i haven't even gotten an NOA2, much less gone through NVC. of course it's someone else's. but i find myself thinking, "what if my account just didn't get updated?? what if that's mine? it's maybe a pound too heavy but what if they repackaged it??"

i know it's all crazy talk in my head but good god this is what this process does to neurotic people like me. :-) anyway just had to share. :-)

I think the neurosis comes with this territory.. When a friend of mine broke up with her boyfriend (she lives in SC he lives in NC) due to the stress of a long distance relationship (1 1/2 hours by car), I had to giggle and say "Ya ain't seen nuttin sister!!"

09/25/2009 I-129F sent

09/28/2009 Received VSC

09/29/2009 NOA1

10/02/2009 Touched

10/06/2009 Touched again :)

10/07/2009 TOUCHED!!

11/04/2009 NOA2

11/10/2009 NVC Received

11/10/2009 NVC Sent to Napoli

11/12/2009 Napoli signed for the package

11/19/2009 Packet 3 received... and submitted

12/10/2009 INTERVIEW Napoli, Italy

12/10/2009 APPROVED!

12/23/2009 Trip to Italy for Christmas!

01/24/2010 POE Washington Dulles.. My baby's home!

03/20/2010 Wedding Day!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Stress has now become a regular between my fiance and I. One minute I;m furious at him for the simplest reason then the next minute I miss him so much that I cry tears of joy that we met.

PacienciayFe, I feel your pain. I've slowed down on stalking USCIS and is now stalking VJ. I'm not far from that straight jacket and I'll jump right into it if and when I see another NOA2 similar to my NOA1 date.

K-1

09/17/09 Mailed I-129F

09/21/09 NOA1

12/04/09 NOA2!!!!

12/07/09 NVC Received Case

12/10/09 NVC Sent Case to Consulate

12/15/09 Consulate Recieved Case

12/21/09 Packet 3 Sent Out

2/12/10 Interview @ 8:30

APPROVED!!!!

2/26/10 POE @ JFK

Still haven't recieved visa yet: I was lucky enough to get my money back because the flight canceled.

3/2/10 Visa ready for pick up

3/3/10 visa picked up

3/3/10 POE @ JFK

5/1/10 Wedding

AOS

7/19/10 Mailed AOS Package

7/21/10 Package Received

7/27/10 Check Cashed

7/30/10 Recieved NOA

8/13/10 Case transfered to CSC!

8/18/10 Received biometrics letter

8/26/2010 Biometrics appt

9/13/2010 EAD and AP approved

9/18/2010 AP recieved

9/23/2010 EAD recieved

10/1/2010 Greencard Approved

10/09/2010 Greencard Recieved, DONE with USCIS until August 2012

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Thanks Jen, that did the trick... looks like my paperwork either arrived or is about to arrive in Rio.

K-1 Visa

K-1 Package Mailed: 09/03/09

USCIS received: 09/09/09

Check Cashed: 09/10/09

NOA1: 09/16/09

"Touched": 09/17/09

NOA2: 10/20/09

NVC Received: 10/22/09

NVC Sent: 11/03/09

Consulate Received: 11/06/09

Interview: 01/21/2010 --- APPROVED

Visa Received: 01/27/2010

POE Atlanta: 01/31/2010

Marriage: 03/19/2010

AOS

Filing for AOS: 05/03/2010

NOA: 05/10/2010

Biometrics: 06/08/2010

oY - So I'm looking at the forms that the Embassy is requiring and it's asking for address where I intend to live and where to mail the greed card.

I won't have a place until a few weeks before I get there - which means after I have the visa. We just got approved for Military Housing.

Can I put a note in the address box that is our plan and on the mailing address put his work address?? Should be okay right?

(Yes, I'm getting ahead)

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Kenyth & Maggie

VSC:

I-129F Sent - Sep. 11th, 2009

I-129F Received - Sep. 15th, 2009

NOA1 - Sep. 20th, 2009

NOA2 Email - Oct. 22nd, 2009

NVC Received - Oct. 27th 2009

NVC Sent to Consulate - Oct. 27th, 2009

Consulate Received - Oct. 29th, 2009

NOA2 Hardcopy - Oct. 30th, 2009

NVC Letter Received - Nov. 09, 2009

Montreal Sent Packet 3 - Nov. 09, 2009

Packet 3 Received: Nov. 16, 2009

Packet 3 Sent: Dec. 01, 2009

Packet 3 Received by Montreal: Dec. 09, 2009

Received Interview Date from DOS: January 25th, 2010

Packet 4 Received: Feb. 1st, 2010

Trip to Montreal: March 31, 2010

Medical: April 1st, 2010 (Medisys)

Medical: APPROVED - April 6th, 2010

Interview Date: April 8th, 2010

Interview: APPROVED

Visa Received: April 15, 2010

POE - Maine: April 18,2010

Wedding: April 25th, 2010

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

AOS Process

Date Filed AOS & EAD: December 16, 2010

NOA Date AOS & EAD: December 21, 2010

Bio. Appt.: January 20, 2011 (Indiana)

AOS Transfer to CSC: January 24, 2011

Approval EAD: February 15, 2011

Approval AOS: February 22, 2011

EAD Received: February 25, 2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.