kballtex

NVC September - 2009 Edition

2,912 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
I want to announce that my family is finally together again...

Welcome to the USA!!! I can't imagine your joy.... must be no words in the world to describe it.

Married 2008

-------------------------------------------------------------------

5/21/09 - filed I-130

12/7/09 - Interview (denied for 28 yr old CIMT); filed waiver same day

6/18/10 - I-601 Waiver Denied, added misrep for checking wrong box on landing card (lifetime ban)

7/16/10 - AAO Appeal filed.

8/31/12 - AAO appeal sustained (THANK YOU, GOD FOR YOUR MERCY)

10/8/12 - USCIS sent file to Consulate

11/28/12 - Visa in hand

12/10/12 - HERE AT LAST! (ALL GLORY TO GOD!)

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Hi guys!

How are you guys this weekend? today I got the medical exam and I got 2 shots! ..it's really sore of my both arm...

Have a wonderful Sunday

:D

Ouch, Natt! I hope my husband doesn't have to get any at his medical tomorrow, or I will never hear the end of it. He lives a very natural life.

Getting to the medical is such a process for him. (what ISN'T for us?? LOL) He has to get up at 2 am, get a taxi to come from 13 miles away to get him, take him 13 miles back into the town, where he'll hook up with the bus to Dublin. That's a 3-4 hour bus ride, and then he's got to find the doctor's office.

We had some panic last night because the instructions say you have to have 2x2 pics, and his are more like 1.5 x 2. We've been using those all along, so I'm praying it's not a problem. If it is, he'll just have to go out & find a shop in Dublin. He said the doctor's office has been really accommodating thus far.

Getting nervous here....my husband is not one for doctors. I doubt he's ever had a chest x-ray in his life.

Married 2008

5/21/09 - filed I-130

6/18/10 - I-601 Waiver Denied, added misrep for checking wrong box on landing card (lifetime ban)

11/28/12 - Visa in hand

Wierd Irony... After 14 years of my husband working for Carnival Cruise Lines and 9 years of being together with his weird schedule, we go through this whole GC process (6 months) get him here to the USA and guess where he is tonight???? On a Carnival Cruise ship... Irony at work... His first job for his new company here in the USA is going on a Carnvial ship to repair a boiler... So tonight, after all the work to get him off the ships, he is back in a crew cabin, buying ship phone cards and trying to secure a sea line to call me!!!! :blink::blink::rofl::rofl: But good thing is, this time it is not for 5 months, he is back home on Sunday!!!!

That is so strange! lol

btw I never knew what he did on the ships. My dad worked in boiler room in Navy for 20 yrs. He said it is wicked hot!

I bet I know where you guys won't go for holidays! I would guess a cruise is not top of the list. :rofl:

Wierd Irony... After 14 years of my husband working for Carnival Cruise Lines and 9 years of being together with his weird schedule, we go through this whole GC process (6 months) get him here to the USA and guess where he is tonight???? On a Carnival Cruise ship... Irony at work... His first job for his new company here in the USA is going on a Carnvial ship to repair a boiler... So tonight, after all the work to get him off the ships, he is back in a crew cabin, buying ship phone cards and trying to secure a sea line to call me!!!! :blink::blink::rofl::rofl: But good thing is, this time it is not for 5 months, he is back home on Sunday!!!!

:lol: at least he is coming back on sunday, and you don't have to go through uscis to make it happen :jest:

Good point!! :)

Timeline
CASE COMPLETE.. ON LAST FRIDAY LOL... THANKS TO GOD... !!!! THE HONOR AND GLORY IS FOR YOU...!!

Yay Mary! Now you can start obsessing over interview dates!!! :dance:

Married 2008

5/21/09 - filed I-130

11/28/12 - Visa in hand

Timeline
Julie!! how did the medical go?

Just heard from him. The paperwork we got from the Embassy said the medical was 317 euros - they charged him 350. He had NO extra money to get home after that, so thank God he bought a return bus ticket! Poor guy couldn't even get anything to eat.

He said they only made him take his shirt off, tested reflexes, tapped his belly, and took a urine test. They sent him over to the hospital for x-rays and blood test, where they were going to charge him even more money! He explained that it was supposedly all included in the fee.

The hospital was unable to provide the x-rays right then, and said they'd be sending everything over to the doctor's office. I hope to heck nothing is screwed up, because we were handed NO sealed envelope or anything....

The good news is that he needed no vaccinations. There wasn't even a form for him to fill out - the doctor asked questions and ticked off the appropriate boxes.

Why am I still nervous... :blush:

Married 2008

5/21/09 - filed I-130

11/28/12 - Visa in hand

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

post anxiety. i am glad he got through it safe and sound :)

Give Generously, Live Fully, Laugh Often, Love Completely...AND PRAY ALWAYS!!!

He is home!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

That is so strange! lol

btw I never knew what he did on the ships. My dad worked in boiler room in Navy for 20 yrs. He said it is wicked hot!

I bet I know where you guys won't go for holidays! I would guess a cruise is not top of the list. :rofl:

:lol: at least he is coming back on sunday, and you don't have to go through uscis to make it happen :jest:

Good point!! :)

Here's one to make ya'll laugh... When my husband signed off the ship in Galveston TX he had to clear immigration at the port... the CBP officer looked at his passport and I-551 stamp and said "wow, I never seen an immigrant in such a hurry to escape!" They had a good laugh when hubby said "just testing the visa"!!! He got back home last night...

He was Staff Chief Engineer on the ship before taking this job... Now he is a Marine Boiler technician... The man NEVER sweats!!! Drives me crazy as I sweat like a ####### in church and he is perfectly dry!!!

Good luck to all those with interviews this week and those waiting on case completes!!!

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
ok guys my expedite was approved thanku lord ,but know nvc or me dont know how they will contact us or how we will know our date if anyone knows please let me know

Congratulations... The embassy will set up an interview date and let you know... Good Luck!!

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Sent off an email asking for an expedite over the weekend per the NVC operator's suggestions... With the backlog I've been hearing about hoping we can get in before our kiddo's born (March 8th). Fingers crossed!

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2009-05-09

I-130 Sent : 2009-05-26

I-130 NOA1 : 2009-06-03

I-130 Approved : 2009-08-21

NVC Received : 2009-09-01

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2009-09-09

Pay I-864 Bill 2009-09-09

Return Completed I-864 : 2009-09-15

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2009-09-13

Receive IV Bill : 2009-09-24

Pay IV Bill : 2009-09-25

Case Completed at NVC : 2009-11-06

Consulate Received : 2009-11-14

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-10-16

Packet 4 Received : 2010-01-22

Interview Date : 2010-03-11

Interview Result : Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.