rebeccajo

If you have health insurance through your employer

What do you pay for coverage both in dollars and as a percentage of your gross wages.  

69 members have voted

1. 1. What do you pay in dollars for your coverage each pay period?

• less than $50
    • $50 to $100
    • $100 to $150
    • $150 to 200
    • $200 to $250
    • $250 to $300
    • $300 to $350
    • $350 to $400
    • more than $400 - eeek!
  2. 2. What is the dollar amount you pay for health insurance as a percentage of your gross wages? (Example if you pay $100 for insurance and your pre-tax income is $1000 you are paying 10%)

• less than 3%
    • 4% to 5%
    • 6% to 7%
    • 8% to 10%
    • 10% to 12%
    • 13% to 15%
    • more than 15%

57 posts in this topic

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Timeline
We pay very little thanks to the joys of working for the state :luv: and having amazing coverage. Which does not mean I don't get to b1tch about it. :P

You gotcha some of that guvmint healthcare?

Commie.

Now now... don't be hatin' :hehe:

:lol:

I'm just looking for certain posters........

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I pay about 9.5 % I have myself and 3 kids on the insurance. Cost me 440 a month. If I added hubby would be another 400.

Why is it that the only one who can stop the crying is the one who started it in the first place?

More Complete Story here
My Saga includes 2 step sons
USC Married 4/2007 Colombian on overstay since 2001 of B1/B2 visa
Applied 5/2007 Approved GC in Hand 10/2007
I-751 mailed 6/30/09 aapproved 11/7/09 The BOYS I-751 Mailed 12/29/09 3/23/10 Email approval for 17 CR 3/27/10
4/14/10 Email approval for 13 yr Old CR 4/23/10

Oldest son now 21 I-130 filed by LPR dad ( as per NVC CSPA is applying here )
I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007
4/6/2010 letter from NVC arrives to son dated 3/4/2010
5/4/10 received AOS and DS3032 via email
9/22/10 Interview BOG Passed
10/3/10 POE JFK all went well
11/11/10 GC Received smile.png

I pay $135/2 weeks to insure my wife and I, through my company. That's with a $2000 yearly deducible, and $30/Doctor visit, some procedures covered, others not (cost us $150 for an Ultrasound).

I would have hoped for better insurance, considering I work in the Healthcare sector - but unfortunately since my company is a contract Security one, they give us lower wages/benefits than any other hospital employees including cleaning/food service staff (not putting those jobs down - they provide a valuable service, but on the other hand we get paid less and are the ones that have to restrain violent patients who have Hep B, HIV, etc and aren't afraid to try to bite/scratch/spit on us).

Married to my USC Spouse in the UK 08/17/2006

Entered the US with my CR1 on 09/25/2007

Mailed I-751 application on 07/14/2009 to CSC

I-751 package arrived at CSC on 07/16/2009

Check cashed on 07/20/2009

NOA1 Dated 07/16/2009

Biometrics Appointment 08/21/2009

Touched 08/24/2009

APPROVED 09/14/2009

Card Production Ordered 09/22/2009

Card arrived in the mail 09/28/2009

US Citizen as of 10/20/2010!

*IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN WORKING IN SECURITY/LAW ENFORCEMENT/MILITARY IN THE USA, FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME FOR INFO*

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I pay $233 a month for family medical...doesn't include dental. I calculated and I am paying roughly 16% of my income for insurance. That's for the state health benefit plan. Supposedly some of the best state benefits around. :blink:

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

About $170 monthly for husband & i...

Almost 10% of my income as he is looking for work right now.

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

3.7% for both, counting Pre tax and after tax health care deductions, and the percentage rise every year.

Gone but not Forgotten!

Okey dokey.

My employer just passed out the new plan at work today.

Out of six plan choices, the family package that also offers a prescription plan that would SOMEWHAT cover my husband's medications would cost me --

wait for it ----

34% of my gross earnings!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Okey dokey.

Out of six plan choices, the family package that also offers a prescription plan that would SOMEWHAT cover my husband's medications would cost me --

wait for it ----

omg. RJ, since he is still a citizen of the UK, would it be more cost effective for him to fly back home, see a doc there and then be given long term prescriptions that he could take to the states?

Okey dokey.

wait for it ----

omg. RJ, since he is still a citizen of the UK, would it be more cost effective for him to fly back home, see a doc there and then be given long term prescriptions that he could take to the states?

Can't be done.

When you avail yourself of the NHS, you give them your National Insurance Number. If the number has been inactive a while (because you've been out of the country and not paying taxes) you have to prove you have taken up residency again.

There's boatloads of threads about this topic on britishexpats.com.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Okey dokey.

wait for it ----

Can't be done.

When you avail yourself of the NHS, you give them your National Insurance Number. If the number has been inactive a while (because you've been out of the country and not paying taxes) you have to prove you have taken up residency again.

There's boatloads of threads about this topic on britishexpats.com.

Ah, ok. Damn.