ThomLin

Refile K1

30 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

Well I need your help and adivice to all the people who knows or had been thru this, we never recieved a RFE, after 3 touches in a row on Uscis account we got the August 4th the denial, we got the hard copy and the motives were what we thought, The reasons were we didn't sent proves about we have been together for those 2 years Thomas just sent the forms, we can appeal that's what the letter said but I'm not sure if the process is gonna be fast and of course I have not idea how is the appeal...

We decided refile, the truth is we don't have money to hire a lawyer, we going to do this for our self, In the form I-129F there's the question number 11 "have you ever filed for this or any other alien fiance or husband/wife before?.....do we have answer yes or just no like if were the first time we are filing this?

If someone can help me with this I will really apreciate it !!!

take care friends!!!

Linda

P.s. I put the hard copy Uscis sent us F.Y.I.

So you missed the RFE submitting date?

But - if you refile - yes, you would have to put "yes" since you actually filed the first one (but was denied).

I would actually appeal the denial (if you have the correct proof that you sent in for the RFE). Also - can you prove you didn't receive the RFE's? (like they sent it to the wrong address or something?)

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

i would go with the appeal for now, i think it might be quiker that re filing..even though they charge you over 500 bucks.......damnnn, just dl the form they want you to download at get the evidence that they need....good luck

Hi everyone!

Well I need your help and adivice to all the people who knows or had been thru this, we never recieved a RFE, after 3 touches in a row on Uscis account we got the August 4th the denial, we got the hard copy and the motives were what we thought, The reasons were we didn't sent proves about we have been together for those 2 years Thomas just sent the forms, we can appeal that's what the letter said but I'm not sure if the process is gonna be fast and of course I have not idea how is the appeal...

We decided refile, the truth is we don't have money to hire a lawyer, we going to do this for our self, In the form I-129F there's the question number 11 "have you ever filed for this or any other alien fiance or husband/wife before?.....do we have answer yes or just no like if were the first time we are filing this?

take care friends!!!

Linda

Edited by dcrespo314

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Costa Rica

I-129F Sent : 2009-02-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-02-27

Touched: 2009-03-05

NOA2(s) : 2009/07/30

NVC Received: 2009/08/03

Departed NVC 2009/08/05

Consulate Received 2009/08/07

Interview Date 2009/10/08 Visa granted...:)

But - if you refile - yes, you would have to put "yes" since you actually filed the first one (but was denied).

I would actually appeal the denial (if you have the correct proof that you sent in for the RFE). Also - can you prove you didn't receive the RFE's? (like they sent it to the wrong address or something?)

Hi Bobby! Thanks for your time!

We never got any RFE, none email or hard copy, we called a lot of times to Uscis and the only thing they said is that our case was in process that we had to wait... That's it..

Then we got the 3 touches before the denial... I mean one July 31th, August 1st, August 2nd and then in August 4th the denial...

A friend got a denial too and his lawyer recomend them about refile because the appeals can take a lot of time to get approved and can be more expensive.

What to do?

Linda

i would go with the appeal for now, i think it might be quiker that re filing..even though they charge you over 500 bucks.......damnnn, just dl the form they want you to download at get the evidence that they need....good luck

Hi everyone!

take care friends!!!

Linda

Thanks Decrespo!!!

God bless you guys!

ThomLin

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

moved to K-1 process from K-1 case filing reports

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

We never got any RFE, none email or hard copy, we called a lot of times to Uscis and the only thing they said is that our case was in process that we had to wait... That's it..

Then we got the 3 touches before the denial... I mean one July 31th, August 1st, August 2nd and then in August 4th the denial...

A friend got a denial too and his lawyer recomend them about refile because the appeals can take a lot of time to get approved and can be more expensive.

What to do?

Linda

You must provide primary and secondary evidence that you have met in person in the two years prior to filing the petition. Not sure why they chose to deny rather than send an RFE, maybe because there was nothing at all. DID you meet in person in the two years before filing the petition? If yes, and you have proof, then an appeal could be of some good. If you did not, an appeal will be a waste of time and money...you do not qualify. Your only option woul dbe to get together in person, document it well and re-file. You would answer "YES" you have previously filed a petition. You would not need a waiver as you do not have an approved petition within the last two years, but I would include a cover letter explanation when you re-file.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

What to do?

Linda

You must provide primary and secondary evidence that you have met in person in the two years prior to filing the petition. Not sure why they chose to deny rather than send an RFE, maybe because there was nothing at all. DID you meet in person in the two years before filing the petition? If yes, and you have proof, then an appeal could be of some good. If you did not, an appeal will be a waste of time and money...you do not qualify. Your only option woul dbe to get together in person, document it well and re-file. You would answer "YES" you have previously filed a petition. You would not need a waiver as you do not have an approved petition within the last two years, but I would include a cover letter explanation when you re-file.

Thanks Gary and Alla!

Well before file we hadn't 2 years we had just 1 year and 6 months, now we have 2 years, so after all the comments and search I think refile is the best option...

Thanks so much again!

Linda :star:

Well before file we hadn't 2 years we had just 1 year and 6 months, now we have 2 years, so after all the comments and search I think refile is the best option...

hmm... I think you are saying that you need to be together for 2 years. That is not the requirement. You just have to see each other in the last two years.

K-1
Mar 19, 2009 I-129F Package sent
Mar 30, 2009 NOA1
Jul 27, 2009 RFE Notice Email / Jul 31, 2009 RFE Letter Received / Aug 01, 2009 RFE Reply sent
Aug 06, 2009 NOA2
Aug 17, 2009 NVC received case / Aug 18, 2009 NVC forwarded to USEM / Aug 24, 2009 Package received in USEM
Sep 01, 2009 Medical Passed
Sep 25, 2009 Interview
Oct 10, 2009 Visa Received
Oct 14, 2009 Arrived at U.S.
Oct 26, 2009 Married in San Francisco

AOS
Nov 12, 2009 I-485 Package sent
Nov 19, 2009 NOA1
Dec 08, 2009 RFE Received / Dec 23, 2009 RFE Reply sent

Dec 17, 2009 Biometrics Appt
Jan 20, 2010 AP and EAD approved / Jan 26, 2010 AP received
Jan 27, 2010 Interview letter received
Feb 25, 2010 AOS Interview
Mar 04, 2010 Green Card Received

Removal of Conditions
Dec 21, 2011 I-751 Package sent

Dec 23, 2011 NOA1

Feb 13, 2012 Biometrics Appt

Jun 19, 2012 10-year GC Received

US Citizenship
Jan 16, 2013 N-400 Package sent

Jan 22, 2013 NOA1

Feb 15, 2013 Biometrics Appt

Apr 02, 2013 Citizenship Interview

Apr 23, 2013 Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

You don't have to have known each other for a full 2 years, just have proof that you have met in person within the two years prior to your filing date.

For example, you start dating May 2008

He visits you/you visit him/whatever July 2008

You can file immediately after July 2008, you do not have to wait until July 2010 to file, but you have to file within 2 years of the last time you saw each other.

MR. & MRS. CACEREZ

K-1 Process

10.23.08 - sent K1 packet

10.29.08 - NOA1

02.19.09 - NOA2 113 days, Igor's #226

04.13.09 - Interview, Visa in hand next day

04.19.09 - POE Atlanta

04.20.09 - Married!

AOS Process

06.09.09 - sent AOS,EAD,AP packet

06.17.09 - NOAs issued

06.24.09 - Biometrics done (3 weeks earlier than appt date)

07.03.09 - received RFE for I-693 (dated 6.29, responded 7.07)

07.23.09 - transferred to CSC (received letter 7.27)

07.29.09 - EAD Card Production Ordered & AP Approved

11.23.09 - AOS touched - card production ordered & welcome letter sent - 13 months exactly after initially applying for K-1!

12.03.09 - GC arrived in mail

Removal of Conditions Process

07.28.11 - received reminder letter from USCIS to remove conditions before 11.18.11

09.28.11 - mailed I-751 packet

10.03.11 - NOA

10.05.11 - check cashed

11.25.11 - Biometrics

07.24.12 - GC approved!

08.01.12 - GC arrived in mail

Citizenship Process

12.16.16 - sent N400 packet

12.23.16 - NOA issued

01.27.17 - Biometrics done

02.01.17 - put in line for interview

03.15.17 - scheduled for an interview on 04.21.17, had to write a letter asking for a reschedule because we will be out of the country

03.31.17 - scheduled for an interview again

05.09.17 - Interview!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

What to do?

Linda

Thanks Gary and Alla!

Thanks so much again!

Linda :star:

You are misunderstanding the rule. You do not need to KNOW someone for two years, you have to have met at least ONE time with two years before filing. You could meet someone TODAY and file tomorrow, but you must have been together in person within the last two years at least one time. It does not matter if you "knew someone" for 1.5 years or 10 years, you MUST have MET IN PERSON. If you can provide evidence of that you are good to go (provided you meet the other qualifications)

However, it may be easier just to refile.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.