16 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

We got a RFE on August 11, 2009 and I received it in the mail today.

It is asking for a photo copy of my passport ... it also lists Meeting in Person ... I assume this is in reference to the passport and the entry/exit stamps.

But to make sure I am resending boarding passes, hotel receipts, atm withdrawls etc ... I sent most of that originally I am not sure if it got lost or if the Meeting in person is just in reference to the passport request.

My question here is ... do you need to send the "originals" of boarding passes, hotel receipts etc?

Thanks for any help, we appreciate it!

Met: November 05, 2008

Met in Cebu first time: March 27, 2009

Engaged: March 29, 2009

Filed K1 Fiance Visa : April 15, 2009

Fly to the US Finally: October 10, 2009

Married : November 07, 2009

Pregnant YAY : Baby due July 03, 2010 :)

File AOS/EAD/Travel: February 26, 2010

EAD/Travel approved: April 26, 2010

Our Baby Boy Born: June 24, 2010

AOS approved YAY! Green Card Received October 4, 2010

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
My question here is ... do you need to send the "originals" of boarding passes, hotel receipts etc?

I did not send originals of boarding passes, e.t.c. - Just copies in addition to copies of entry/exit stamps.

Sorry about the RFE. They probably just misplaced your documents.

I-129F Sent : 2009-03-05

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-03-10

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-06-18

Interview : 2009-12-10 - Denied

----------------------------------

Married : 2009-12-29

I-130 sent : 2011-03-24

I-130 noa1 : 2011-03-30

I-130 noa2 : 2011-07-25

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Keep your originals always. If they explicity ask for originals give it to them but for the most part you should always issue photocopies (boarding passes etc.) and certified copies (divorce decree's, marriage cert's etc.)

I-751 file: 11/07/11

NOA1 date: 11/10/11

Biometrics: 11/30/11

Approval: 08/17/12

Hold what you got and maintain.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
We got a RFE on August 11, 2009 and I received it in the mail today.

It is asking for a photo copy of my passport ... it also lists Meeting in Person ... I assume this is in reference to the passport and the entry/exit stamps.

But to make sure I am resending boarding passes, hotel receipts, atm withdrawls etc ... I sent most of that originally I am not sure if it got lost or if the Meeting in person is just in reference to the passport request.

Keep the originals

And, make a copy of every page of your passport, even the blank ones. I copied the front and back cover of mine.

Edited by baron555

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Keep the originals

And, make a copy of every page of your passport, even the blank ones. I copied the front and back cover of mine.

Yup and if possible, use a color copier/scanner on the passport (or make sure the copier is set to 'photo' or similar setting) - the images turn out better (easier to read entry/exit stamps).

Edited by Otto und Karin

Timeline

Thanks for the replies ... another question for you all ... this has me a little worried now as I reread and reread the RFE ...

Quick question for you all ...

Did any of you include pictures that didn't have the time and date imprinted on the picture?

Unfourtantly I am don't know much about camera's, matter of fact I only bought this camera for the purpose of taking pictures with her and I when I was there.

On the bottom of the RFE it says include "film dated photographs of you and your fiance when last you met"

The problem is the camera setting was defaulted to not include the time and date and I didn't realize this until now and it won't allow me to add the date and time now after the fact to reprint and send the pictures. I read the manual and it sounds like date and time is engraved into the image at the time of taking the picture. However on the digital screen it shows the correct date when the picture was taken ... anyone know how I can get this date to show up when the picture is printed??? I am a little worried now .. I would hope they wouldn't deny us because the pictures are not time dated ... I mean I have the passport with the exit/entry stamps from March and April of this year when I was with her. I also included bank statements showing atm with drawls and also the credit card statement showing the payment to the hotel. Maybe I am just a little over paranoid now because of this whole RFE thing ..

But on the bottom of the page it in bold it says :

Provide film dated photographs ..... which we don't have because the camera won't imprint when I print them out now ..

and

Sign the enclosed Form G-325A forms.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Thanks for the replies ... another question for you all ... this has me a little worried now as I reread and reread the RFE ...

Quick question for you all ...

Did any of you include pictures that didn't have the time and date imprinted on the picture?

Unfourtantly I am don't know much about camera's, matter of fact I only bought this camera for the purpose of taking pictures with her and I when I was there.

On the bottom of the RFE it says include "film dated photographs of you and your fiance when last you met"

The problem is the camera setting was defaulted to not include the time and date and I didn't realize this until now and it won't allow me to add the date and time now after the fact to reprint and send the pictures. I read the manual and it sounds like date and time is engraved into the image at the time of taking the picture. However on the digital screen it shows the correct date when the picture was taken ... anyone know how I can get this date to show up when the picture is printed??? I am a little worried now .. I would hope they wouldn't deny us because the pictures are not time dated ... I mean I have the passport with the exit/entry stamps from March and April of this year when I was with her. I also included bank statements showing atm with drawls and also the credit card statement showing the payment to the hotel. Maybe I am just a little over paranoid now because of this whole RFE thing ..

But on the bottom of the page it in bold it says :

Provide film dated photographs ..... which we don't have because the camera won't imprint when I print them out now ..

and

Sign the enclosed Form G-325A forms.

I'd like to know the answer to this one too. Mine didn't have dates made by the camera . . . just hand written dates on the back by me.

02.09.2007- Met online (EverQuest 2)

07.11.2008- Met in person (Orlando)

02.14.2009- Got engaged (Toronto)

K-1

03.13.2009- NOA 1

08.24.2009- NOA 2

11.20.2009- Montreal Interview Approved!!

02.01.2010- POE @ Lewiston Bridge

02.25.2010- Applied for SS#

04.29.2010- Beach Wedding!!

AOS

05.27.2010- NOA 1 for I-131, I-485 & I-765

06.18.2010- I-485 transferred to CSC

06.21.2010- Biometrics

07.22.2010- EAD & AP approved

10.28.2010- RFE for I-485- They lost our medical!

12.09.2010- Green Card in hand!

ROC

09.14.2012- Mailed I-751 to VSC

10.26.2012- Biometrics

04.11.2013- 10 Year Green Card approved! No interview :)

8zs8cuv3suq7.png

Timeline

Matter of fact I will type out the RFE word for word .. I want to make sure we get this right before I mail this thing back to them ... we just don't want to keep waiting and waiting ...

Passport : The petitioner and the beneficiary must have met in person between April 30, 2007 and April 29, 2009. If the petitioner met with the beneficiary in a country other than the benefificiary's country of residence, then it must be shown that both the petitioner and the bene were visiting the same place at the same time. Please submist a copy of the petitioner's US passport, all pages ( with or without stamps ) including identification page.

Note: If there are no admission stamps in your passport, please submit the following 1) a copy of the petitioners US passport, all pages 2) indicate in a letter that no stamps were put into your passport, and 3) evidence of meeting your fiance within the two year period immediatly preceding the filing of this petition, other than what has orginally been submitted. Such evidence may include ATM and credit card transactions, flight itinerary on a airplane/travel agency letterhead only, hotel receipts, etc. The following DOES NOT constitute evidence of meeting: letters, phone bills, and greeting cards.

Meeting in Person : The petitioner and the beneficiary must have met in person within the 2 year period prior to filing of this petition. Please submit FILM DATED PHOTOGRAPHS of the petitioner and the beneficiary together. NOTE: USCIS will accept non dated photos if dated photos are not available. However, if no photos are available, please submit any evidence that will help USCIS to determine that the petitioner has physically met the beneficiary in person within two years.

Foreign Documents : Any document written in or containing another language other than English shall be submitted with a full English translation ( including any and all admission and departure stamps). The translator must certify that the translation is complete and accurate and that he or she is competent to translate.

PROVIDE FILM DATED PHOTOGRAPHS OF YOU AND YOUR FIANCEE WHEN LAST YOU MET.

SIGN THE ENCLOSED FORM G-325A

The decision of whether to approve or deny the petition will be based upon the type(s) of evidence sumitted and its credibility.

Edited by SomedaySomehow

Timeline
I'd like to know the answer to this one too. Mine didn't have dates made by the camera . . . just hand written dates on the back by me.

That is what we did as well ... she did her copy she has and I did my copy here. We wrote the dates with a brief explanation of who was in the picture and what we were doing.

I am confused if what they sent me is merely meant all for the Passport and the other information about pictures etc is just meant there as reference if I didn't have a stamped passport .... I just want to get this right so we can move on already.

I am confused if what they sent me is merely meant all for the Passport and the other information about pictures etc is just meant there as reference if I didn't have a stamped passport .... I just want to get this right so we can move on already.

Photographs are considered secondary evidence and do not carry a lot of weight (with or without dates) - I would imagine the notation regarding photographs is incidental (as you surmised, in case you have nothing else). I would venture to say that most folks don't submit date/time-stamped photos (we didn't).

Without knowing exactly what you sent originally, it's a bit of a guess as to what more you would need (other than what they directly stated; passport copies). The meeting in person within the past two years is a very important objective to meet though so you want to be sure to include any and all evidence you can.

Timeline

Photographs are considered secondary evidence and do not carry a lot of weight (with or without dates) - I would imagine the notation regarding photographs is incidental (as you surmised, in case you have nothing else). I would venture to say that most folks don't submit date/time-stamped photos (we didn't).

Without knowing exactly what you sent originally, it's a bit of a guess as to what more you would need (other than what they directly stated; passport copies). The meeting in person within the past two years is a very important objective to meet though so you want to be sure to include any and all evidence you can.

I honestly can't understand for the life of me how they didn't see we were together in March and April of this year ... I submitted all boarding passes, flight iteneray's, hotel receipts with the original petition. They all clearly showed the dates with my full name on them .. at this point I can only assume they just want my passport copy ... here is advice to others starting the process ... regardless of anything include your passport ..

What I didn't include however was my passport ( Stupid mistake, wish I would of read here alot more before hand ) and statements from my bank and credit card showing the payments and with drawls in the Philippines during that time.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

They are checking to see if you meet the requirement of having met within 2 years. I would personally include a photocopy of the passport (cover to cover), photocopies of travel documents, hotel receipts and what not. Photos of the two of you together. I did not submit photos with the date digitally printed on. I simply wrote the date on the back of the photo, where we were, and who was in the photo. If your fiancee has travel stamps in her passport for coming to visit you, include those too.

I-751 file: 11/07/11

NOA1 date: 11/10/11

Biometrics: 11/30/11

Approval: 08/17/12

Hold what you got and maintain.

What I didn't include however was my passport ( Stupid mistake, wish I would of read here alot more before hand ) and statements from my bank and credit card showing the payments and with drawls in the Philippines during that time.

Sounds like you're almost good to go - not sure how much else you would (or even could) submit (besides the requested passport copies).

And to kind of add to the advice - if/when submitting passport copies - especially to show entry/exit stamps - it is best advised to copy the entire passport (not just the pages with stamps). The pages are numbered so copy even the blank ones.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Keep your originals always. If they explicity ask for originals give it to them but for the most part you should always issue photocopies (boarding passes etc.) and certified copies (divorce decree's, marriage cert's etc.)

For petition submission a photocopy of a certified copy is recommended. No need to send the actual certified copy.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Sounds like you're almost good to go - not sure how much else you would (or even could) submit (besides the requested passport copies).

And to kind of add to the advice - if/when submitting passport copies - especially to show entry/exit stamps - it is best advised to copy the entire passport (not just the pages with stamps). The pages are numbered so copy even the blank ones.

Thanks for the advice ... that is what I did ... I am trying to cover every base possible and leave no doubt in their mind. I honestly think they lost half our documents or something because I submitted a ton of receipts etc originally ... the one thing I didn't include was the passport. I included a original birth certificate along with the other travel documents. Only other thing I can think of is they don't accept E-Ticket boarding passes ... but even that has the scannable bar code on it.

Thanks for the help and reply's everyone ! This website is the best !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.