Bocajr27

How can i get a copy of some paper from my file in the embassy

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
I gave them in the interview, but now they request one more step and we need some paper they have in my file in the embassy.

Please let me know what I have to do???? Thank :crying:

What papers are you talking about? That is the reason why it's strongly advised to make 2 copies of all original submissions, so that you don't end up in such a situation. :whistle:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
I gave them in the interview, but now they request one more step and we need some paper they have in my file in the embassy.

What papers are you talking about? That is the reason why it's strongly advised to make 2 copies of all original submissions, so that you don't end up in such a situation. :whistle:

Does it matter what papers? The question is how can I go about getting a copy of something that we turned into the consulate the day of the interview. Any advise?

Not gonna happen more than likely. It is now part of a government file and you don't have access to it anymore. You will more than likely have to go to wherever you got it before, and if that is not possible....your never gonna have it again.

Mailed n-400 : 4-3-14

USCIS Received : 4-4-14

NOA1 Sent : 4-8-14

Biometrics Appt Letter Sent : 4-14-14

Biometrics Appt : 5-5-14

usaflag.gifphilippinesflag.gif

Poverty Guidelines : http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf
VisaJourney Guides : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=guides
K1 Flowchart : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k1flow
K1/K3 AOS Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3aos
ROC Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide

DSC04023-1.jpg0906091800.jpg93dc3e19-1345-4995-9126-121c2d709290.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Pizzadude is right on the mark. What you have submitted is now part of the file. You will need to obtain the document from the source. Depending on the type of document it may need to be a certified or official copy.

What did your blue/white slip ask for?

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Does it matter what papers? The question is how can I go about getting a copy of something that we turned into the consulate the day of the interview. Any advise?

Well, yes, it matters. In most cases it is easier to just get another copy of the official document from the source when you got the first one. Make a copy of anything you give to anyone at anytime in this process. You could contact the consulate by email and ask for a copy of the document but it is not always easy to get one

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Not gonna happen more than likely. It is now part of a government file and you don't have access to it anymore. You will more than likely have to go to wherever you got it before, and if that is not possible....your never gonna have it again.

Sorry to tell you this, but you were WRONG!!!! Not only did I receive a copy of the papers turned into the Embassy the day of our interview, but the Embassy personally contact me via e-mail to advise me that my wife could pick it up any Tuesday after 1:00pm NO APPOINTMENT THROUGH CALL CENTER NEEDED!!

My wife just got back from the embassy with a copy of everything needed. Try not to be so negative next time "pizza boy". Unless you speak from personal experience, you should try encouraging readers.

Timeline
Pizzadude is right on the mark. What you have submitted is now part of the file. You will need to obtain the document from the source. Depending on the type of document it may need to be a certified or official copy.

Well....If you think "pizza boy" is right on the mark..........you would be WRONG!!!!! Not only did I receive a copy of the papers turned into the Embasy the day of our interview, but the Embassy personally contact me via e-mail to advise me that my wife could pick it up any Tuesday after 1:00pm NO APPOINTMENT THROUGH CALL CENTER NEEDED!!

My wife just got back from the embassy with a copy of everything needed. Thanks for all the encouraging words (sarcasm applied).

Sorry to tell you this, but you were WRONG!!!! Not only did I receive a copy of the papers turned into the Embassy the day of our interview, but the Embassy personally contact me via e-mail to advise me that my wife could pick it up any Tuesday after 1:00pm NO APPOINTMENT THROUGH CALL CENTER NEEDED!!

My wife just got back from the embassy with a copy of everything needed. Try not to be so negative next time "pizza boy". Unless you speak from personal experience, you should try encouraging readers.

Great you got lucky and i'm not in the habit of sending people on wild goose chases. Glad to hear you got what you needed, maybe next time you will keep copies so as to not put yourself thru such NEGATIVE times in your life.

And the name is pizzadude, JUNIOR

Edited by thepizzadude

Mailed n-400 : 4-3-14

USCIS Received : 4-4-14

NOA1 Sent : 4-8-14

Biometrics Appt Letter Sent : 4-14-14

Biometrics Appt : 5-5-14

usaflag.gifphilippinesflag.gif

Poverty Guidelines : http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf
VisaJourney Guides : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=guides
K1 Flowchart : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k1flow
K1/K3 AOS Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3aos
ROC Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide

DSC04023-1.jpg0906091800.jpg93dc3e19-1345-4995-9126-121c2d709290.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Well....If you think "pizza boy" is right on the mark..........you would be WRONG!!!!! Not only did I receive a copy of the papers turned into the Embasy the day of our interview, but the Embassy personally contact me via e-mail to advise me that my wife could pick it up any Tuesday after 1:00pm NO APPOINTMENT THROUGH CALL CENTER NEEDED!!

My wife just got back from the embassy with a copy of everything needed. Thanks for all the encouraging words (sarcasm applied).

The purpose of an open forum is to get a bunch of opinions and to be able to form a concensus. In most cases I would agree with Pizzadude, you are not likely to get them back. On the outside chance (and because it is free, so why not?) I suggested contacting the consulate by email, which you did, (maybe on my advice, maybe on your own, it isn't important) and you were successful. Congratulations. Bullet dodged.

Pizzadude was pretty much "right on" in most cases and I would think that crticism and sarcasm from a person that failed to make copies of his entire file will be taken with a grain of salt. No sarcasm intended. NEVER give anyone in this process ANYthing without making a copy (or two) for yourself. You got lucky.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Dude,

Get a grip. Each embassy is different. VJ is to educate others and if the US Embassy in Bogotá was kind enough to give your wife back whatever documents she needed, then all you had to do is come back to this post and say something like "to clarify, this and this happened at the embassy". With that, others will benefit from your input. No sarcasm needed my friend.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.