lucy1

Call from Immigration officer

45 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello Guys. I hope my insight help out a little bit. I am going to give everybody some advices or warnings that maybe not too much people know about. Guys, first mistake and I want to clear this up for everybody. NEVER, BUT NEVER, YOU HAVE TO GIVE IMMIGRATION MORE THAN 1 PHONE, YOU HAVE JUST TO GIVE THEM YOUR CELL PHONE NUMBER, IN CASE OF ANY CALL, YOU CAN HANDLE MUCH BETTER THE SITUATION. It is the same situation when you go to your husband or wife to any appointment in an immgration office, ok, I know you have to give them probes of the relationship and the whole of the bunch of the universe of what they ask for; HOWEVER, NEVER AND EVER, DO NOT GIVE IMMiGRATION TOO MUCH PHOTOS AND TOO MUCH DOCUMENTS; WITH GOOD QUALITY AND CONVINCING DOCUMENTS IS ENOUGH. REMMEMBER THAT THE COUPLE HAVE TO STUDY AND ANALIZE EVERYTHING WHAT THEY ARE GOING TO SHOW TO THE OFFICER IN THE IMMIGRATION OFFICE, OR ELSE, YOU ARE GOING TO BE IN A BIG PROBLEM. THERE IS A POPULAR SAYING : "YOU CANNOT GIVE AWAY TO YOUR ENEMY THE KNIFE THAT THEY ARE GOING TO USE TO KILL YOU". Therefore, the message is clear, it is fine to give some good convincing probes, but DO NOT GIVE TOO MUCH PROBES NEITHER TOO MUCH PHOTOS. The immigration officer can take out or pull out any any of the information that is on the phtos; from the failure to try to reject your case as soon as possible. ANOTHER IMPORTANT THING, DO NOT SPEAK MUCH MORE THAN THE NORMAL QUESTION ASKED. WHAT IS EXACTLY THIS IDEA? It means that when the officer asks something clear, PLEASE RESPOND AS MUCH AS CLEAR, BREVE AND CONCISE AS POSSIBLE. DO NOT RESPONSE NOTHING THAT IT IS REALLY MIGHT BE NOT CLEAR OR MAYBE A MISTAKE, EVERYTHING THAT ANY OF THE PERSON SAY IN THE INTERVIEW OF EXTRA DETAILS, IT WOULD BE USED AGAINST YOU!. Now, concerning to the ISSUE OF THE VISITING sometimes from Immigration, I am not really convinced that idea would be too accurate; ok, let's say, that maybe immigration presents to your door one day, let's put an example. You are the person who lives in the house, this statement has to be clear for everybody: DO NOT OPEN THE DOOR TO ANY STRANGER OR MISSIONARY, OR RELIGIOUS WORKER, OR BILL AGENT, OR REAL STATE WHOEVER OR SALES PERSON FROM DOOR TO DOOR. BESIDES THAT IDEA NOBODY IS FORCED TO OPEN THE DOOR TO AN IMMIGRATION OFFICER, BECAUSE YOUR ARE THE TENANT, OCCUPANTS OR OWNER OF THE HOUSE; GUYS, YOU DO NOT OPEN THE DOOR TO NOBODY THAT YOU DO NOT WANT, AND THAT'S IT. YOU ARE NOT FORCED TO OPEN THE DOOR TO NOBODY THAT YOU DON'T WANT. THE LEVEL OF INOCENCY OR NAIVENESS OF THE PERSON MAY CAN HARM OR HINDER YOUR CASE OF IMMIGRATION, SO IT IS BETTER ALWAYS TO GET THIS WARNINGS AND DETAILS. Now, there is another issue, that in case of any appointment of immigration, DO NOT LEAVE ANYBODY, NEITHER CHILD OR FRIEND, OR ABSOLUTE NOBODY IN THE PLACE THAT YOU LIVE. This is the explanation of this WARNING, there are couple who sometimes leave any person or child in the house; this scenario has happenned before and what is really is that meanwhile you are interviewing guys, another officer of immigration performs a little or much better A BIG WORK OF SPIONAGE and it is going to call to your place exactly the same time that you are in the immigration office with your questioner officer. Therefore, the other officer can make up and he can state that he or she is an agent of insurance or any kind of promotions, and it is when the people may screw up everything; from this information, USCIS through the other immigration officer can figure out and exact know that maybe if you are or you are not living right now with your husband, if you are actually really married with the person; any person or child who is in the house at that exact time where the couple is in the dreadful immigration interview might commit any mistake and give out information to immigration that you may not that they want and your case is going to be DENIED. HENCE, THE CONVINIENCE OF KEEPING ONLY JUST A NUMBER, THE CELL PHONE NUMBER OF THE BENEFICIARY OR THE CELL PHONE NUMBER OF THE PETITIONER, ANY KIND OF LEAKING OUT OF THE INFORMATION OR MAYBE A MISTAKE OR MISUNDERSTANDING, IT MIGHT BE USED AGAINST YOU AND UNFORTUNATELY, YOU ARE WELCOME BACK TO YOUR COUNTRY OF ORIGIN BECAUSE YOU ARE GOING TO GET A DEPORTATION. THAT IS TO BE VERY WISE, PRUDENT AND SHARP WITH EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE, I hope everybody have got understood all these nice ideas, thanks and bye,

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Buddy you need to relaxxxxxxxx , Where are you getting this information from? Please do not post without a source of this information. You will freak people out.

OP just be honest in whatever you say if they call or come by. You will do great.

Why is it that the only one who can stop the crying is the one who started it in the first place?

More Complete Story here
My Saga includes 2 step sons
USC Married 4/2007 Colombian on overstay since 2001 of B1/B2 visa
Applied 5/2007 Approved GC in Hand 10/2007
I-751 mailed 6/30/09 aapproved 11/7/09 The BOYS I-751 Mailed 12/29/09 3/23/10 Email approval for 17 CR 3/27/10
4/14/10 Email approval for 13 yr Old CR 4/23/10

Oldest son now 21 I-130 filed by LPR dad ( as per NVC CSPA is applying here )
I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007
4/6/2010 letter from NVC arrives to son dated 3/4/2010
5/4/10 received AOS and DS3032 via email
9/22/10 Interview BOG Passed
10/3/10 POE JFK all went well
11/11/10 GC Received smile.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Instead of viewing USCIS as 'the enemy' view your interactions with them as an opportunity to make it as easy as possible for them to grant you what you want from them. Reassure them through your proofs, through the complete answers on the applications, and through your provision of the requested information that you are indeed who you say you are, happily married to your husband, and a welcome addition to the US.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Other Timeline

In not so many words, I basically agree with Icom's post.

The IO has to work through the file. Don't drown them with stacks of documents. Give 'em a few good, essential things that clearly support your case, and that's it. In a nutshell: make it fast and easy for them to approve you.

Regarding the phone call . . . I don't see anything alarming in it. Probably a brief checkup from USCIS of both parties still live together. In my case we don't even use our house phone; we only have it for our Internet connection and every family member uses their cell phone as a primary phone. I don't like surprise phone calls and even less surprise visits from anybody.

At this point I tell you a why: very few people even know that I'm going through the immigration process. My wife knows it, a couple of good friends, but not even my stepdaughter has any idea! That's by the way, one of the reasons why I didn't submit affidavits. Nobody knows! Consequently, I wouldn't want to receive a phone call, even less a visit from immigration.

That said, and this goes to the OP, if you guys still live together under the address USCIS has on file, there's nothing to be alarmed about. Relax.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

How did she identify herself? As in, how do you know it was for real? I have heard of home visits, but not of phone calls. Weird.

They do that too, I went for my K-1 interview, 2 days later the CO called by herself to my office to confirm that I worked where I said and inquiried to my supervisor if he knew about my SO and me moving and so on. He knew about my moving but didn't met in person my SO, so he told her what he knew at that moment.

Home phones and cel are in the forms, they can contact you the way they prefer. :wacko:

u

That sounds like an invasion of privacy. I can see them asking if you were still employed, but they should not be asking your employer about your personal life.

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

http://www.visajourn...009-k-1-filers/

-------------------

AOS Filed: 12-7-2009

AOS APPROVED! 2-27-2010 (no interview)

Greencard in hand: 3-4-2010

http://www.visajourn...ead/page__st__0

--------------------

ROC mailed to CSC 11-22-2011

Check cleared the bank 11-29-2011 (our 2nd anniversary) :)

Greencard received 6/15/2012 :)

November 2011 ROC Filers

N400 Filing (Citizenship for Ian) - Here we go!

Mailed 12-03-2012

Arrived at Phoenix SC 12-6-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

1-25-2013 Notice - Interview Scheduled for 3-4-2013

Oath 3-4-2013 Omaha Field Office

How did she identify herself? As in, how do you know it was for real? I have heard of home visits, but not of phone calls. Weird.

They do that too, I went for my K-1 interview, 2 days later the CO called by herself to my office to confirm that I worked where I said and inquiried to my supervisor if he knew about my SO and me moving and so on. He knew about my moving but didn't met in person my SO, so he told her what he knew at that moment.

Home phones and cel are in the forms, they can contact you the way they prefer. :wacko:

u

That sounds like an invasion of privacy. I can see them asking if you were still employed, but they should not be asking your employer about your personal life.

Might sound like an invasion of privacy (and it sounds like one to me, too!) but it's not uncommon practice for some consulates to do a bit of checking-up. If you read around on VJ a bit, you'll find plenty of stories of people showing up to ask questions of neighbours, family, employers, etc. I don't know how common it is once the immigrant is in the US, but it's definitely not unheard-of for that stuff to happen prior to their visa being granted.

2005 - We met

2006 - Filed I-129F

2007 - K-1 issued, moved to US, completed AOS (a busy year, immigration-wise)

2009 - Conditions lifted

2010 - Will be naturalising. Buh-bye, USCIS! smile.png

Hi guys. I just received a call from Immig. Lady asked me if I still live with my husband and what is our address. What do you think. Should I be concern?

Always be careful "giving out" information over the phone.

"Sorry Ma'am, I don't know you. What address do you have on file and I will confirm it."

As you verified the call originating from immigration department number, and the time frame co-insides with your application submission. Satisfy yourself that you most likely knocked off weeks or months of waiting time by talking with this person.

Discuss with your husband how you should handle phone calls from strangers asking for information. There is a large industry of bad people who try to collect information by calling random and sequential phone numbers.

Hello Guys. I hope my insight help out a little bit. I am going to give everybody some advices or warnings that maybe not too much people know about. Guys, first mistake and I want to clear this up for everybody. NEVER, BUT NEVER, YOU HAVE TO GIVE IMMIGRATION MORE THAN 1 PHONE, YOU HAVE JUST TO GIVE THEM YOUR CELL PHONE NUMBER, IN CASE OF ANY CALL, YOU CAN HANDLE MUCH BETTER THE SITUATION.

They can figure out if you have more than 1 phone number, so I don't see why you have to hide your phone numbers. Also the forms ask for home phone, cel phones and business phones.

It is the same situation when you go to your husband or wife to any appointment in an immgration office, ok, I know you have to give them probes of the relationship and the whole of the bunch of the universe of what they ask for; HOWEVER, NEVER AND EVER, DO NOT GIVE IMMiGRATION TOO MUCH PHOTOS AND TOO MUCH DOCUMENTS; WITH GOOD QUALITY AND CONVINCING DOCUMENTS IS ENOUGH. REMMEMBER THAT THE COUPLE HAVE TO STUDY AND ANALIZE EVERYTHING WHAT THEY ARE GOING TO SHOW TO THE OFFICER IN THE IMMIGRATION OFFICE, OR ELSE, YOU ARE GOING TO BE IN A BIG PROBLEM. THERE IS A POPULAR SAYING : "YOU CANNOT GIVE AWAY TO YOUR ENEMY THE KNIFE THAT THEY ARE GOING TO USE TO KILL YOU". Therefore, the message is clear, it is fine to give some good convincing probes, but DO NOT GIVE TOO MUCH PROBES NEITHER TOO MUCH PHOTOS. The immigration officer can take out or pull out any any of the information that is on the phtos; from the failure to try to reject your case as soon as possible. ANOTHER IMPORTANT THING, DO NOT SPEAK MUCH MORE THAN THE NORMAL QUESTION ASKED. WHAT IS EXACTLY THIS IDEA? It means that when the officer asks something clear, PLEASE RESPOND AS MUCH AS CLEAR, BREVE AND CONCISE AS POSSIBLE. DO NOT RESPONSE NOTHING THAT IT IS REALLY MIGHT BE NOT CLEAR OR MAYBE A MISTAKE, EVERYTHING THAT ANY OF THE PERSON SAY IN THE INTERVIEW OF EXTRA DETAILS, IT WOULD BE USED AGAINST YOU!.

Yes, I agree on this, just be concise and clear, do not give more what they need for when answering. In reference to proofs is better to give as much as you can.

Now, concerning to the ISSUE OF THE VISITING sometimes from Immigration, I am not really convinced that idea would be too accurate; ok, let's say, that maybe immigration presents to your door one day, let's put an example. You are the person who lives in the house, this statement has to be clear for everybody: DO NOT OPEN THE DOOR TO ANY STRANGER OR MISSIONARY, OR RELIGIOUS WORKER, OR BILL AGENT, OR REAL STATE WHOEVER OR SALES PERSON FROM DOOR TO DOOR. BESIDES THAT IDEA NOBODY IS FORCED TO OPEN THE DOOR TO AN IMMIGRATION OFFICER, BECAUSE YOUR ARE THE TENANT, OCCUPANTS OR OWNER OF THE HOUSE; GUYS, YOU DO NOT OPEN THE DOOR TO NOBODY THAT YOU DO NOT WANT, AND THAT'S IT. YOU ARE NOT FORCED TO OPEN THE DOOR TO NOBODY THAT YOU DON'T WANT. THE LEVEL OF INOCENCY OR NAIVENESS OF THE PERSON MAY CAN HARM OR HINDER YOUR CASE OF IMMIGRATION, SO IT IS BETTER ALWAYS TO GET THIS WARNINGS AND DETAILS. Now, there is another issue, that in case of any appointment of immigration, DO NOT LEAVE ANYBODY, NEITHER CHILD OR FRIEND, OR ABSOLUTE NOBODY IN THE PLACE THAT YOU LIVE.

They never show up in the house alone, there is always a team that go for visits in case they need back up the information they saw and yes they have the right to do that.

This is the explanation of this WARNING, there are couple who sometimes leave any person or child in the house; this scenario has happenned before and what is really is that meanwhile you are interviewing guys, another officer of immigration performs a little or much better A BIG WORK OF SPIONAGE and it is going to call to your place exactly the same time that you are in the immigration office with your questioner officer. Therefore, the other officer can make up and he can state that he or she is an agent of insurance or any kind of promotions, and it is when the people may screw up everything; from this information, USCIS through the other immigration officer can figure out and exact know that maybe if you are or you are not living right now with your husband, if you are actually really married with the person; any person or child who is in the house at that exact time where the couple is in the dreadful immigration interview might commit any mistake and give out information to immigration that you may not that they want and your case is going to be DENIED. HENCE, THE CONVINIENCE OF KEEPING ONLY JUST A NUMBER, THE CELL PHONE NUMBER OF THE BENEFICIARY OR THE CELL PHONE NUMBER OF THE PETITIONER, ANY KIND OF LEAKING OUT OF THE INFORMATION OR MAYBE A MISTAKE OR MISUNDERSTANDING, IT MIGHT BE USED AGAINST YOU AND UNFORTUNATELY, YOU ARE WELCOME BACK TO YOUR COUNTRY OF ORIGIN BECAUSE YOU ARE GOING TO GET A DEPORTATION. THAT IS TO BE VERY WISE, PRUDENT AND SHARP WITH EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE, I hope everybody have got understood all these nice ideas, thanks and bye,

yes, you need to relax

Timeline
Hi guys. I just received another call. And this time she had more questions. Where we lived, what time I wake up, where my husband and I work etc. What do you think?

I am hoping you got all the information about her ID number and name? Did you give her the information or ask her to tell you what she had so you cna verify it with her? I would say make an infopass to find out if this is legit as far as them calling now for a secomd time..........

Edited by NArocks

Why is it that the only one who can stop the crying is the one who started it in the first place?

More Complete Story here
My Saga includes 2 step sons
USC Married 4/2007 Colombian on overstay since 2001 of B1/B2 visa
Applied 5/2007 Approved GC in Hand 10/2007
I-751 mailed 6/30/09 aapproved 11/7/09 The BOYS I-751 Mailed 12/29/09 3/23/10 Email approval for 17 CR 3/27/10
4/14/10 Email approval for 13 yr Old CR 4/23/10

Oldest son now 21 I-130 filed by LPR dad ( as per NVC CSPA is applying here )
I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007
4/6/2010 letter from NVC arrives to son dated 3/4/2010
5/4/10 received AOS and DS3032 via email
9/22/10 Interview BOG Passed
10/3/10 POE JFK all went well
11/11/10 GC Received smile.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Lucy1: Thank you for sharing this. What type of info did the officer give you to let you know she was legitimate?

I would think USCIS would have a standard procedure to assuage any doubts you as the petitioner/beneficiary may have that it is a legitimate request and not simply an invasion of privacy.

February 3, 2005. Applied for K-1.

July 14, 2005. Email to NVC congressional unit

Nov 2, 2005. Letter to congressman

Nov 8, 2005. Letter from congressman

December 19, 2005. Visa interview in Moscow. (250 days at NVC)

January 27, 2006. POE: JFK.

April 8, 2006. Wedding in USA.

April 19, 2006. Apply for AOS.

July 12, 2006. AOS Interview.

February 26, 2008. Letter to congresswoman.

March 19, 2008. Conditional Permanent residence began!!

2009: Wake up and get on the uscis train again - lifting conditions

Dec 21, 2009. Eligible to apply to remove conditions

February 2010: 10-yr Green Card Received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It sounds like the Immigration Officer - if it is an Immigration Officer - is trying to decide whether you have submitted enough information for her to make a decision to approve you without an interview, whether to request more evidence or whether to schedule an interview.

Interesting questions, though - is she also calling your husband to get his answers to the same questions, ie. what time do you get up? I think with the second call and questions like this I would definitely make an infopass as well and confirm that it is USCIS making the calls. I would be tempted to tell such a caller that she is a stranger to me and all I have is her 'word' that she is who she is, that if she wants to ask these questions then to schedule an interview and you would be happy to answer them in person, but that you don't feel safe giving this information over the phone to strangers. You could say 'how do I know you are not someone calling up to find out when the house is empty so you can come by and rob us?'. It is the nature of these questions that make me suspicious - especially the what time do you get up, etc. There seems to be no rationale to ask that question in context of the I-751 except in a person to person interview with the both of you.

Have you received the NOA for the application from USCIS? Have you confirmed that it is USCIS who cashed the check? If not, then I would refuse to answer any more questions and definitely make an appointment with USCIS to confirm they have your application. I would also notify the police about these calls (if you haven't got the NOA, that is).

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Hi guys. I just received another call. And this time she had more questions. Where we lived, what time I wake up, where my husband and I work etc. What do you think?

Well maybe it is a supervisor trying to determine something.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.