MHandMB

Zidane apparently called "Dirty Terrorist"

306 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

The funny thing about all of this is that I'm half French. So I guess maybe I can make fun of the french :whistle: Or do I have to be 100%???

SEE K-1 HISTORY IN MY TIMELINE

AOS / EAD / AP TIMELINE:

06/30/2006 - I-485, I-765 and I-131 sent to Chicago (via USPS Priority mail) (DAY 1)

07/02/2006 - package received in Chicago (delivery confirmed via USPS)

07/06/2006 - NOA 1 (DAY 7)

07/12/2006 - biometric appointment notice (DAY 13)

07/14/2006 - received biometric appointment notice via mail

07/25/2006 - interview notice (DAY 26)

07/26/2006 - biometrics taken (DAY 27)

07/28/2006 - received interview notice via mail

09/07/2006 - I-485 interview...APPROVED!!!...passport stamped (DAY 70)

09/12/2006 - I-131 approved (DAY 75)

09/13/2006 - received welcome letter via mail

09/15/2006 - I-765 approved (DAY 78)

09/16/2006 - received AP via mail

09/18/2006 - received conditional green card via mail

09/21/2006 - received EAD via mail

07/23/2008 - filed I-751 to lift conditional status

07/28/2008 - NOA 1

08/26/2008 - biometric appointment

12/03/2008 - I-751 approved

12/08/2008 - received 10-year green card via mail

09/07/2009 - eligible for U.S. citizenship!

flag13.gif

flag12.gif

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
The funny thing about all of this is that I'm half French. So I guess maybe I can make fun of the french :whistle: Or do I have to be 100%???

Common sense comes into the equation. You might joke with friends that you know will take it in good stride, but you wouldn't do it with strangers who you don't know and who don't know you. Context defines, once again.

For the same reason why I won't discuss religion or politics with my wife's Republican parents or grandparents.

I was not suggesting there was anybody running away crying. I was simply saying i found it to be ignorant. Of course things like this can wash off your back. Of course on another day Zidane could have laughed it off and gone on to win the game. I imagine though that if you are always subjected to this type of subtle abuse then it can get on your nerves. For all we know Zidane could have been dealign with it the whole game. Maybe that was his *shut up already*.

but sure if we disagree then so be it but as soon as anybody makes general stertypical statements about me or others i just lose a little bit of respect for them. Sorry.

I never doubted that what Zidane must have heard was something pretty flaming and while not condoning it in the least, I can even say I understand where actions come from. It's not acceptable, but human reactions aren't always perfect either. But I DO ask that before you colour someone (me) as ignorant racially for finding what I read to be primarily harmless in some other posts, you read more of my posts before you judge them (me)....however silly and time wasting to your mouse they may be.

Peace... 11_12_1.gif

I was not judging you. I have seen other posts by you and had no problems and the post you made here was one in a(however many posts you have) and i understand that you see it as harmless and acceptable. Of course most people with a negative view of something find that view acceptable. I happen to put it in the borderline grey area of acceptable and ignorant. I make plenty of statements that people do not agree with. I would be suprised if anybody here agreed with me on everything but agreeing to disagree is important. I do however lose respect for people when their views are what i see as wrong. Maybe i am wrogn to do that but i don`t let it effect how i see your next view expressed. If your next post is attacke dby all and i agree with you i will defend you even if it means pissing off an allie that i acquired in a previous debate. I don`t know if this makes sense to people but i have not written you off just as i would not rule out Charlesandnessa making a statement that i agree with.

23rd February 2005 Married.

10th May 2005 I130 packet sent to TEXAS forwarded to Cali.

12th May 2005 NOA1 Received date.

14th May 2005 delivered at 4:34 am LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92607.

23rd May 2005 NOA1 notice date.

27th May 2005 NOA1 hits the mailbox.

13th August 2005 po po form mailed off with £10 cheque.

2nd September 2005 po po letter arrives.

3rd September a 4 week visit to GA assuming i get allowed in.

30th september 130 days on I130 and counting.

(Hopefully i finally get a wedding ring today too)

30th November NOA2 date. woohoo

January 2006 case arrives at NVC finally(not sure about exact date)

17th February 2006 IV bill mailed back

21st April case complete (sorry i have missed some dates of forms going back and forth)

2nd May case forwarded to Embassy in London

10th July 2006 visa interview 10.30 a.m.

clyde80b.gifmeandnikki.gif

http://www.corona-baster.org

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

it was a joke. put away the electron microscope and quit making the smallest thing larger than life - build a bridge and get over it.

No it was a small minded xenophobic joke. I pointed it out and that was that. Nothign for me to get over. A si already stated you have the problem not me. I didn`t make it larger than life i just pointed it out. How does that make it larger than life? Other people have responded and are now debating the issue in general. If that is my doing in your eyes well forgive me for being such a mind controller without realising it.

it was a xenophobic joke to only you. as fishdude pointed out above, it does not even meet that definition.

no matter how hard you try, you'll not be fishdude so give it up already. you keep making mountains out of molehills and seeing xenophobia where there isn't any. soon enough you'll have a whole new conspiracy theory to float. now quit acting like a major league ####.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

Common sense comes into the equation. You might joke with friends that you know will take it in good stride, but you wouldn't do it with strangers who you don't know and who don't know you. Context defines, once again.

For the same reason why I won't discuss religion or politics with my wife's Republican parents or grandparents.

but it might be fun to discuss with them! :lol:

AOS / EAD / AP TIMELINE:

06/30/2006 - I-485, I-765 and I-131 sent to Chicago (via USPS Priority mail) (DAY 1)

07/28/2008 - NOA 1

flag13.gif

flag12.gif

Filed: Timeline
Or better yet...i'd love to see anyone in this forum who is white walk into my ghetto school and make a generalization...even a food based one...to my kids.

Your "harmless generalizations" wouldn't be taken too kindly there....would you make your little crepe/beret joke DIRETLY to a french person?? Probably not....

And where was all this outrage yesterday in the thread that said Zidane was given player of the tournament about how he stunk and needed deodorant? I found that more offensive because he was being attacked as an individual.

oh I saw it but I am done arguing with that girl about italian soccer. we've had our go...

I more or less agree with you, so i don't want to offend...but if we're talkin generalizations, I think some parents of your kids might be upset to hear you callin it a 'ghetto' school...

Or I just completely misunderstood :lol:

FWIW, I also think that sometimes the PC can go wayyy OTT...I have black friends who are neither African nor American and really get annoyed when they are called that..

Timeline

Not if you know that doing so will cause offence and unpleasant argument. Knowing what is and isn't acceptable in different situations is crucial to finding your way in society. Don't you think?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Ummm, no, it's pretty much known all around the city as the ghetto school - the kids call it that, the parents call it that...it's no mystery. I do see what you are saying.

Edited by karo112

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

What is the big deal about Johnny Depp living in France? His wife is French -- not much different that anything anyone here is doing.

Oh, and he chose to do Pirates because it was the type of role his kids would enjoy watching him play. Same with Willy Wonka.

90day.jpg

Filed: Country: England
Timeline
I happen to put it in the borderline grey area of acceptable and ignorant.

Ok, I can accept that.

I make plenty of statements that people do not agree with. I would be suprised if anybody here agreed with me on everything but agreeing to disagree is important. I do however lose respect for people when their views are what i see as wrong. Maybe i am wrogn to do that but i don`t let it effect how i see your next view expressed. If your next post is attacke dby all and i agree with you i will defend you even if it means pissing off an allie that i acquired in a previous debate. I don`t know if this makes sense to people but i have not written you off just as i would not rule out Charlesandnessa making a statement that i agree with.

:thumbs:

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

so you pick and choose which words you want to believe... and even what thoughts are in other ppls heads... thats clearly a very special gift... one that, in fact, noone else on this earth has... did your God bestow you with that privilege above all others on the planet? did He grant you the right and responsibility to judge?

In fact, yes.

Personally I think Johnny Depp is a very good actor who doesn't just 'do it for the money'. To his credit he takes the roles that interest him. Up until about a year or two ago he was still primarily choosing the roles that interested him as an actor, rather than many of the A-listers who really do do it for the money. Michael Caine certainly did - judging by this infamous statement after the release of Jaw: The Revenge.

"I have not seen the film, but I hear it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it paid for, and it is superb."

Don't really what his political beliefs, such as they might be really matter at the end of the day. As I said, the guy lived, and still has property in the States - so he's quite entitled to an opinion, whether or not you choose to agree with it.

Quite frankly, I get the impression Incanada that you are a deeply unhappy person with some serious anger issues. You might not admit it, but it manifests itself quite clearly in your posts.

LOL!!!!!!! This is the best post all day, thank you fishdude :D

1) I really enjoyed the Michael Caine quote. :lol:

2) Who cares if someone takes an acting job just for the money? I just wish they'd admit it rather than saying they do it for "artistic reasons."

3) Did you not read my post? I said I give Depp credit - he bashes America but at least he DID something about it, unlike all the other liberals living in the U.S. and bitching about it.

4) I'm deeply unhappy with serious anger issues :lol::lol::lol: Not you though, ol' boy, right? You're quite the happy little clam always making positive remarks about the world and the people in it.

You crack me up!

And actually, I'm quite a happy person, thanks. :) I have a great life. Sure, I have my shitty days, but who doesn't? Generally I'm content and love life, Jesus, my cute hubby, my wonderful family, my great friends, and my country. I've yet to notice one thing you speak positively about. Though your posts amuse me at times anyway. ;)

24vs7qp.jpg

21ch82r.gif

"In our attempt to make everybody happy, we make nobody happy. And we lose elections." - Democratic activist Janice Griffin

Timeline

Not if you know that doing so will cause offence and unpleasant argument. Knowing what is and isn't acceptable in different situations is crucial to finding your way in society. Don't you think?

i think arguments are acceptable and not at all contrary to the goal of finding your way in society.

AOS / EAD / AP TIMELINE:

07/28/2008 - NOA 1

flag13.gif

flag12.gif

Oooh, that must suck for you having a wife whose parents are Republicans. :lol:

24vs7qp.jpg

21ch82r.gif

"In our attempt to make everybody happy, we make nobody happy. And we lose elections." - Democratic activist Janice Griffin

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

i think arguments are acceptable and not at all contrary to the goal of finding your way in society.

I think, as Fishdude says, it depends on the situation...where I live, proper Southern society is quite important. knowing when and where to discuss certain things...or raise certain arguments is quite importnat

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Timeline

Oooh, that must suck for you having a wife whose parents are Republicans. :lol:

Not really, unless of course you judge the worth of a person based on their political beliefs.