Stinky Monkey

AUGUST 2009 AOS FILERS - progress reports

591 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
Hi everyone,

We have sent our AOS (I-485 +I-765) on 08/29/2009 by USPS and USPS said that the package already come to Chicago lockbox. Could anyone please so kind to let me know when they will send NOA for us because it has been one week we not yet received that if they get the pacakage or not, i am a little bit worried...

thank you so much for your kindness,

Huong

Us too! We mailed ours on 8/31 and got confirmation from usps that they delivered it on 09/01. I might be a bit anxious but they still haven't cashed our check yet. So am I just a bit too anxious?!?! I am assuming it might be due to Labor Day so a bit of a delay there???

Thanks!!!

Hi, I guess you´re right, its delayed because of the long labor day weekend...we filed our AOS on 08/31 and jut got the confirmation card from USPS back that our case was delivered on 09/02....they didn´t cash the check either....so I think I will wait another 7 or 10 days before I start getting worried.....

Timeline

11/27/2006 - met in person in NYC
08/17/2008 - got engaged
10/25/2008 - sent Petition I-129
10/28/2008 - NOA 1
03/11/2009 - NOA 2
03/28/2009 - received Pack 3
04/07/2009 - sent Pack 3
04/14/2009 - received Pack 4
04/22/2009 - Medical in Dortmund
05/26/2009 - Interview in Frankfurt (Approved !!!!)
07/22/2009 - flight to US (POE Newark/NJ)
08/21/2009 - marriage in NYC
08/31/2009 - sent AOS/EAD/AP
09/09/2009 - NOA for AOS/EAD/AP
09/28/2009 - case transferred to CSC
10/07/2009 - AP approved
10/09/2009 - AP received
10/13/2009 - Biometrics
10/13/2009 - EAD approved
10/22/2009 - EAD received
11/05/2009 - AOS approved !!!
11/10/2009 - Green Card in mail

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uruguay
Timeline

Thank you everyone! Then I should wait 7-10 days more otherwise I will become to panic ;-)))

by the way, I sent the money fee by money order. how can I know when the USCIS cash out the money...thanks a lots

Matthew & Huong's K1 Timeline

11/05/08- I-129 sent

12/22/08- Engagement party in Bien Hoa

12/28/08- Wedding party at Rex hotel Ho Chi Minh City

12/30/08- Honeymoon in Nha Trang

06/11/09 - US Visa Received from US Consulate Ho Chi Minh City ( 7 months for visa process)

06/17/09- Arrived U.S

07/12/09- Wedding in Vegas-Nevada

08/29/09- Sent I-485 and I-765

09/11/09- Received NOA of I-485 and I-765

09/15/09- Received Biometrics Appointment (dated 10/08/09 at 11hAM)

09/29/09-Received Transfer Notice that my case has been transferred to CSC

10/08/09-Biometrics done and EAD Card Production Ordered sent

10/19/09- EAD received

10/28/09- AOS card production ordered

11/03/09-Greencard received ;-)))

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

hey guys ~ yes, i was worried just like all of you for the NOA 1 ~ but the truth is IT WILL COME ~ it took me 10 days from the day of sending it .. but it does arrive. Then you can log in your case number online and check on the updates of your case as well as any touches -).

Then after the NOA 1, you basically wait again for the biometrics... my husband's took another 2 weeks ~~ heheh... but when you get that you can always do an early walk in. super simple and easy!

Good luck all!

Timeline:

2/18/2009: Mailed I-129F Form

2/20/2009: NOA 1 Receipt Date

3/20/2009: NOA 2 Notice Approval Date

05/28/2009: Interview APPROVED

7/22/2009 --POE (LAX)-- We are together forever <3

AOS Journey Begins Here ^------^

7/28/2009 -- Applied for SSN & Registered for Marriage License

8/3/2009 -- Civil Ceremony

8/5/2009 -- Received Marriage Certificate via Express Mail. Pass DMV Written Exam & Received Permit

08/11/2009-- Mailed AOS to Chicago, IL

08/17/2009 -- Check clears $1010 USCIS

8/20/2009- Touched ^---^

8/21/2009-- NOA 1 for I-485 and I-765 Hard Copy

08/29/2009-- Received Biometrics Appointment Letter in the mail, dated 08/26

09/03/2009 -- Early Walk In Biometrics Appt (Original Date 09/23)

09/04/2009 -- Touched ^---^

09/29/2009 -- EAD Card Production

10/07/2009 -- EAD Card Received

10/16/2009 AOS I-485 Interview in Los Angeles(APPROVED)

10/28/2009 -- GC in HAND <3

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

How are you determining the number of times your file has been "touched"?

We received the I-797 "Notice of Action" dated August 18 as the "Notice Date". We are doing one thing only: Adjustment of status. An I-485.

You will be receiving an appointment notice with a specific time, date, and place where you will have your fingerprints and/or photo taken

According to the USCIS website:

This case is at our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location

They invited me to look at processing times. There are no processing times for I-485's at the National Benefits Center.

So am I inferring correctly our case has to be transferred to a "Service Center" or "Field Processing Center"?

Did I mention how much I hate this stuff?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
How are you determining the number of times your file has been "touched"?

the date changes, but the status doesn't on the uscis website.

We received the I-797 "Notice of Action" dated August 18 as the "Notice Date". We are doing one thing only: Adjustment of status. An I-485.

You will be receiving an appointment notice with a specific time, date, and place where you will have your fingerprints and/or photo taken

According to the USCIS website:

This case is at our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location

They invited me to look at processing times. There are no processing times for I-485's at the National Benefits Center.

So am I inferring correctly our case has to be transferred to a "Service Center" or "Field Processing Center"?

Did I mention how much I hate this stuff?

Timeline

I must have a problem. Can some kind soul please help?

Status: Received I-797C Notice of Action (receipt notice) for I-485 application with "notice date" August 18.

I have received nothing since.

It said

you will be receiving an appointment notice with a specific time, date, and place where you will have your fingerprints and/or photos taken

I asked in the other thread how I can see whether it has been "touched". The answer was I should "look at the date" online. There is no date online. This is the entire text online:

Current Status: Case received and pending.

On August 18, 2009, we received this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

You can choose to receive automatic case status updates, which will be sent via email. Please click here to create an account online.

I registered online. I received a note immediately that I have registered. That is all.

I am certain people that are seeing their case is "touched" are looking at something different from me. My case is at the NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER. It is not at a regional Service Center or local office.

I am trying to understand what needs to happen. I think it is supposed to be sent to one of these regional centers, isn't it?

Are your cases also at the NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER? Or have they been sent from there to a regional center?

No, this is not fun. We should have just taken the river in from Canada.

Timeline

I am certain we have a problem. This answer does not help. There is no date on the uscis website.

Our case is at the NATIONAL PROCESSING CENTER. It has not been sent to any kind of regional or local office. I think this needs to happen first, but I am not sure.

I think if I had no problem I would be able to see what you see. But I don't. So I am very frustrated.

Timeline

I am certain we have a problem. This answer does not help. There is no date on the uscis website.

Our case is at the NATIONAL PROCESSING CENTER. It has not been sent to any kind of regional or local office. I think this needs to happen first, but I am not sure.

I think if I had no problem I would be able to see what you see. But I don't. So I am very frustrated.

When you open your portfolio, you should have the case number, which I assume you click on to check your status? well, before clicking i have date it was last updated next to it. Do you not see that? DId you try to call USCIS? although they are rarely any help, still worth a try.

Timeline

When you open your portfolio, you should have the case number, which I assume you click on to check your status? well, before clicking i have date it was last updated next to it. Do you not see that? DId you try to call USCIS? although they are rarely any help, still worth a try.

*sigh*

here isEXACTLY what I have been trying to do:

1) Go to http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis

2) On the right hand side of the main page is a place I have copied precisely here:

Help With:

Check Case Status

Schedule an appointment

File Online

3) I enter our case number.

4) What appears on the screen is EXACTLY what I have quoted in my previous post. There is no date.

Could I trouble you to please answer a direct and very specific question, marina? It would be a big help to me. Please read carefully:

Is your case at the NATIONAL PROCESSING CENTER?

Or has it been transferred somewhere? I am trying to determine if being able to see whether your file has been "touched" is a consequence of it first being transferred out of the National processing center.

Thank you.

Just checked my status on USCIS website. The production of EAD was ordered and AP approved on 9-09-09! Yay!

Congrats, our AOS timeline is exactly the same, fingers crossed I get mine approved soon too :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

wo hoo! congra ~

rlogan,

there should be a profolio section on the UCSIC.gov website, then inside there are 5 tabs, and one of them is listed as last updated, that date is the last touched date.

Timeline:

2/18/2009: Mailed I-129F Form

2/20/2009: NOA 1 Receipt Date

3/20/2009: NOA 2 Notice Approval Date

05/28/2009: Interview APPROVED

7/22/2009 --POE (LAX)-- We are together forever <3

AOS Journey Begins Here ^------^

7/28/2009 -- Applied for SSN & Registered for Marriage License

8/3/2009 -- Civil Ceremony

8/5/2009 -- Received Marriage Certificate via Express Mail. Pass DMV Written Exam & Received Permit

08/11/2009-- Mailed AOS to Chicago, IL

08/17/2009 -- Check clears $1010 USCIS

8/20/2009- Touched ^---^

8/21/2009-- NOA 1 for I-485 and I-765 Hard Copy

08/29/2009-- Received Biometrics Appointment Letter in the mail, dated 08/26

09/03/2009 -- Early Walk In Biometrics Appt (Original Date 09/23)

09/04/2009 -- Touched ^---^

09/29/2009 -- EAD Card Production

10/07/2009 -- EAD Card Received

10/16/2009 AOS I-485 Interview in Los Angeles(APPROVED)

10/28/2009 -- GC in HAND <3

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

August AOS Filers from the General AOS forum and the August AOS Filers from the Progress Reports have been merged and located together here in the Progress Reports as both topics were duplicates of each other. Hopefully this will make it easier to keep up to date instead of filing in two locations. Discuss specific issues unrelated to progress files or updates in the General AOS forum by starting threads specific to your topic rather than a general progress report by month file - thanks!

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline
wo hoo! congra ~

rlogan,

there should be a profolio section on the UCSIC.gov website, then inside there are 5 tabs, and one of them is listed as last updated, that date is the last touched date.

We are not communicating effectively. I go to my portfolio. I click on my receipt number. This is EXACTLY and ONLY what I get:

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Case received and pending.

On August 18, 2009, we received this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

There are no five tabs. Because I have a problem, unlike you, so it isn't helpful to be directed to a place only people with no problems can see.

I hope someone will in kindness pay very close attention to my question:

We received I-797C "Notice of Action". That notice says:

you will be receiving an appointment notice with a specific time, date and place where you will have your fingerprints and/or photos taken

We have received nothing since. The only information online is EXACTLY and COMPLETELY what appears quoted higher up above in this post.

I am guessing that other August filers got their SECOND letter - the one that gives the time and date of the biometrics appointment - before they were able to see their file being "touched".

I am also guessing this is because their files were transferred from th NATIONAL PROCESSING CENTER to a REGIONAL office.

Extremely frustrating to have components of this spoken to so inexactly. Just the dates for example. There are a total of five possible dates people are referring to when talking about how this might take a "month"

8/10 - Date we sent application

8/12 - Date they received it (have registered mail receipt)

8/13 - Date they say they received it

8/18 - Notice Date

8/24 - Date we received the notice

So there are two full weeks' difference in what people are referring to when they say it could take a month.

Edited by rlogan

Timeline
Just checked my status on USCIS website. The production of EAD was ordered and AP approved on 9-09-09! Yay!

Congrats, our AOS timeline is exactly the same, fingers crossed I get mine approved soon too :thumbs:

Wishing my best of luck to you. I really know what it feels like to be waiting for those, so you got my fingers crossed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.