ThomLin

Denial Notice Sent (K1)

99 posts in this topic

Hi everybody! I just received yesterday the denial for the NOA2, we still don't know why was the reason, we have to wait to get the letter explaining the reasons, but someone knows why could be the denial? because I don't get it, we both are singles, never married, next 14th august we get 2 years of know each other, we have pictures, timestamps in his passport, videos, phone calls, emails...

why the heck they denied our NOA2? or K1? I'm just so sad, and confused I don't know what to do because I'm not there.

I have been thinking seriously cross the border....

It sucks that u love someone and u can't be with your loved one....

Can someone help me? do we have hire a lawyer? have someone got a denial? and what you did? what were your options?

Thanks for take time to read and answer...

Best regards!

ThomLin :blink:

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thats a huge bummer, so sorry for you! (F)

Theres nothing you can really do until you get the denial notice.

Try not to drive yourself crazy thinking about what the reason must be.

K-1

05/05/2009 - NOA1

07/17/2009 - NOA2

08/27/2009 - Visa Received

10/09/2009 - Married

AOS/EAD

11/18/2009 - NOA1

01/15/2010 - EAD Approved

02/25/2010 - AOS Interview

Adjuticator's Field Manual

Old VJ Adjuticator Q/A

Disclaimer : 100% of the time I only think I know what I'm talking about.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Hi everybody! I just received yesterday the denial for the NOA2, we still don't know why was the reason, we have to wait to get the letter explaining the reasons, but someone knows why could be the denial? because I don't get it, we both are singles, never married, next 14th august we get 2 years of know each other, we have pictures, timestamps in his passport, videos, phone calls, emails...

why the heck they denied our NOA2? or K1? I'm just so sad, and confused I don't know what to do because I'm not there.

I have been thinking seriously cross the border....

It sucks that u love someone and u can't be with your loved one....

Can someone help me? do we have hire a lawyer? have someone got a denial? and what you did? what were your options?

Thanks for take time to read and answer...

Best regards!

ThomLin :blink:

That is odd.... Are you sure that both parties meet the requirements to get married and immigrate using K1? I have heard of them denying for something like a previous Domestic Violence or drug charges... They will send a letter....

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

aww im sorry to hear that, well hopefully you can get answers after you get the letter.. but hey, don't let this get you down too much as there are always reasons why things happen; i know some people on here had gotten a denial and they got married instead and things worked out; but God bless on whatever your decisions will be for the future

just keep your spirits up and on a positive note this may only just bring you together even more on such a trying time;

be strong and God bless

Luke 18:27 Jesus said" what is impossible to men is possible with God."

Philippians 4:13 I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.

03/02/09-k-1 visa starts

09/09/09-K-1 visa approved

10/24/09 - WEDDING

11/09/09 - AOS

02/25/10-GC approved

08/26/10-319B n400 starts

11-09-10 Interview 10 AM >Approved

11-09-10 oath 2 PM Fairfax, VA

All glory, praises, thanksgiving and admiration belong only to God.

Jeremiah 29:11 "for i know the plans i have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you¬ harm you, plans to give you hope & a future"

u have one option that get marry and file for CR1

sorry about ur denial and good luck

abby n sheryl

Our time line for CR1 visa took only 5 months and 1 week or 156 days; from the filing the I-130 on the 03-12-2009 to Approval of NOA2 on the 05/13/2009, then Interview on the 08/18/2009 at Manila, Philippines. We had a daughter on the 11-12-2010 named AISHA JOY means HAPPY LIFE.a1_opt-1.jpga2_opt-1.jpga3_opt-1.jpg

OMG! Thanks guys for your comments!! I really appreciate it!

Scottuy: I know we have to wait for the letter, I don't think we have those kind of troubles about Domestic Violence or drug charges, well I don't have those kind of troubles, never been there (Linda) and Thom neither...

Jauque: Thanks you are so sweet!

Michael and Odessa: Guys I'm so happy for you about you get your NOA2, I wish for you the best and yes I will find the way to fix this, thanks to let meknow some people could get it cuz that give me hope...

Abbynsheryl: how I can get married? do you mean in my country?... thanks for the advice...

All you are beautiful couples... so glad to share this with my VJ's friends ;)

Linda :(

yes u can get marry in ur country and file I-130 and go from there, i did it and u can do just by following the guide in VJ.good luck

abby n sheryl

Our time line for CR1 visa took only 5 months and 1 week or 156 days; from the filing the I-130 on the 03-12-2009 to Approval of NOA2 on the 05/13/2009, then Interview on the 08/18/2009 at Manila, Philippines. We had a daughter on the 11-12-2010 named AISHA JOY means HAPPY LIFE.a1_opt-1.jpga2_opt-1.jpga3_opt-1.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hope things work out for you! (F)

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You've hit a spot of bad luck............just remember this............good things come to good people. You are a beautiful couple and you're going to be together. Things will work themselves out. Good luck and God bless both of you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

As Sister Len said: wait for the letter and then act on the specific information rather than stress over imagined possible issues.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Sorry you're going through this. Once you find out the reason, you'll be able to take it from there. I'm sure things will work out for you both, it just may take a little longer than you'd like, but it will be worth it in the end. :star:

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

VJ Friends.... you are the best!!!!!

Thanks for all your comments!!!

Yes I will wait first to Thom get the letter to see why they denied... I'm already talked with an attorney and was really helpful... plus he speak english ans spanish...lol...

I will let you know what is going on, because in some way this can help in a future to other couples (of course I hope no one else get denials but...) to not make the same mistakes or they know what is all the procedure...

See you later friends!!!

God bless you all...

Linda

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Love will always prevail. Tho I don't have any idea what could be the possible reason of your denial til the letter will arrive. Just keep your faith burnin' . . Surely God will lead you through all this. God bless you.

xoxo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.