Maria In Trouble

Did not file I751 on time

15 posts in this topic

07/11 I mistakenly thought I qualified for naturalization and sent my N400 + documentation

07/14 Received date

07/14 Rejection of N400

07/31 Postmarked rejection notice

but

07/25 My Permanent Residency expired

What can I do?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

File the I-751 and contact a good immigration attorney in case they reject the filing. Get the I-751 Filed ASAP

Why is it that the only one who can stop the crying is the one who started it in the first place?

More Complete Story here
My Saga includes 2 step sons
USC Married 4/2007 Colombian on overstay since 2001 of B1/B2 visa
Applied 5/2007 Approved GC in Hand 10/2007
I-751 mailed 6/30/09 aapproved 11/7/09 The BOYS I-751 Mailed 12/29/09 3/23/10 Email approval for 17 CR 3/27/10
4/14/10 Email approval for 13 yr Old CR 4/23/10

Oldest son now 21 I-130 filed by LPR dad ( as per NVC CSPA is applying here )
I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007
4/6/2010 letter from NVC arrives to son dated 3/4/2010
5/4/10 received AOS and DS3032 via email
9/22/10 Interview BOG Passed
10/3/10 POE JFK all went well
11/11/10 GC Received smile.png

Timeline

Get your proof of bonafides togehter and send it in, Hope for you NOA which extends you GC for a year, even if expired a few others have filed late and gotten there NOA, Good luck

Why is it that the only one who can stop the crying is the one who started it in the first place?

More Complete Story here
I-751 mailed 6/30/09 aapproved 11/7/09 The BOYS I-751 Mailed 12/29/09 3/23/10 Email approval for 17 CR 3/27/10

I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I would just file it and deal with anything if it comes up like the other person said alot of the other posts that have been made about something like this pretty much everyone says to file ASAP.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Get your proof of bonafides togehter and send it in, Hope for you NOA which extends you GC for a year, even if expired a few others have filed late and gotten there NOA, Good luck

Sorry for the ignorance, what is NOA?

Timeline

NOA= Notice of action

More Complete Story here

I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007

I've been considering writing a letter to the Director explaining why I am late in filing the I751 with the proof of the N400 application which I had applied for during the time. But I have to include some explanation that would qualify as "extraordinary" to why I am late in filing. Any ideas?

NOA= Notice of action

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

File it ASAP. There was a post here on VJ recently citing the regs about filing late. I recall it saying that there is a window.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

File it ASAP. There was a post here on VJ recently citing the regs about filing late. I recall it saying that there is a window.

Thank you Anh!

Do you remember the link?

it will make a difference in what I plan to send tomorrow!

Timeline

twomoles is the memebr

filed late

More Complete Story here

I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Definitely include your letter explaining why your application is late and get the application in asap. It is up to the adjudicator who receives your application to decide whether or not to accept your explanation. There does appear to be a 'grace' period for late filers so hopefully things will be fine. Good luck.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Hi,

Read this thread. If you within 60 days after expiration of 2 Yr GC which seems the case, there's still chance.

Please read this thread.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=206310

For a complete list of good evidence and documents for I-751 read this:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=182620

Gather your documents ASAP. Write a cover letter mentioning the cause of delay be apologetic, your reason must be very good.

Also mention the list of the documents in the cover letter. Make copies of documents for yourself (in case they need it again, otherwise you can use it for N400).

Assemble your packet and ponch 2 and use ACCO fasteners to bind them together. You can also use labels like this.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=205915

Finally I would suggest using USPS Express mail and using of money order as I got NOA faster. It's not a rule of thumb just my experience.

Hope it helps.

Lastly never be late with USCIS doucments and also read them with Eagle Eyes

I-751 should be applied 90 days prior to expiration of 2 Yr temporary GC. N400 eligibility is 90 days prior to 3 year continuous residency

based on marriage. You can apply for N400 either if I-751 is approved and you are in your 3rd Anniversary of GC not marriage

or If I-751 processing takes more than 1 Year and now you are in your 3rd year of residency so e.g resident since 04-01-07

so for N400 window to apply starts 01-01-10.

Anyways,

Let us know how it went. I think you can do it yourself. Like another VJ member did .

Good Luck.

07/11 I mistakenly thought I qualified for naturalization and sent my N400 + documentation

07/14 Received date

07/14 Rejection of N400

07/31 Postmarked rejection notice

but

07/25 My Permanent Residency expired

What can I do?

I have drafted the following letter that might help someone eventually ... I will send off tomorrow:

08/03/09

District Director

US Citizenship and Immigration Services

Vermont Service Center

75 Lower Welden St.

P.O. Box 200

St. Albans VT

05479-001

I am kindly requesting you exercise favorable discretion in accepting my late I-751, and restore my permanent resident status.

The following are the circumstances that caused me not to file within the 3 months prior to expiration

• I have been married to a United States citizen since 04/18/2006 for more than three years

• I have been a lawful permanent resident since 07/25/2007

When I received my permanent resident card, I was unaware of the requirement to file a joint petition to remove the conditional basis of my permanent resident status with a I-751, nor did I receive a notice as per the Adjudicator's Field Manual as my 90 day period approached.

I applied for naturalization via certified mail on 07/11/09 (attached) with the following:

• Form N-400 Application for Naturalizing (attached)

• Money order fee for $675 (copy attached)

• Supporting documents:

o Copy of Permanent Resident Card

o Copy of Birth Certificate of my spouse and our daughter

o Copy of Marriage License

o Proof of termination (divorce) of all previous marriages

o Joint Tax returns

o Joint Bank Accounts Statements 2006-2009

o Joint Lease documents and receipts 2006-2009[/indent][/indent]

Yesterday I received a rejection notice (dated 07/14/2009, postmarked 07/31/2009) stating that I had filed my application more than 3 months before meeting the residency requirement for the Part 2 Section 319 (a) selected in Form N-400:

• Rejection notice (attached)

I am now attaching the following to this petition in support of evidence of the relationship:

• Joint Auto Insurance

• Joint Health Insurance

• Photos of anniversaries and family trips

• Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by at least two people who have known both of us since our conditional residence was granted, and have personal knowledge of our marriage and relationship.

I apologize for not following the correct process to file a joint petition to remove the conditional basis of my permanent resident status, and am humbly requesting your discretion to approve the attached I-751 petition, and restore my permanent resident status.

Yours truly,

Edited by Maria In Trouble

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
I have drafted the following letter that might help someone eventually ... I will send off tomorrow:

08/03/09

District Director

US Citizenship and Immigration Services

Vermont Service Center

75 Lower Welden St.

P.O. Box 200

St. Albans VT

05479-001

I am kindly requesting you exercise favorable discretion in accepting my late I-751, and restore my permanent resident status.

The following are the circumstances that caused me not to file within the 3 months prior to expiration

• I have been married to a United States citizen since 04/18/2006 for more than three years

• I have been a lawful permanent resident since 07/25/2007

When I received my permanent resident card, I was unaware of the requirement to file a joint petition to remove the conditional basis of my permanent resident status with a I-751, nor did I receive a notice as per the Adjudicator's Field Manual as my 90 day period approached.

I applied for naturalization via certified mail on 07/11/09 (attached) with the following:

• Form N-400 Application for Naturalizing (attached)

• Money order fee for $675 (copy attached)

• Supporting documents:

o Copy of Permanent Resident Card

o Copy of Birth Certificate of my spouse and our daughter

o Copy of Marriage License

o Proof of termination (divorce) of all previous marriages

o Joint Tax returns

o Joint Bank Accounts Statements 2006-2009

o Joint Lease documents and receipts 2006-2009[/indent][/indent]

Yesterday I received a rejection notice (dated 07/14/2009, postmarked 07/31/2009) stating that I had filed my application more than 3 months before meeting the residency requirement for the Part 2 Section 319 (a) selected in Form N-400:

• Rejection notice (attached)

I am now attaching the following to this petition in support of evidence of the relationship:

• Joint Auto Insurance

• Joint Health Insurance

• Photos of anniversaries and family trips

• Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by at least two people who have known both of us since our conditional residence was granted, and have personal knowledge of our marriage and relationship.

I apologize for not following the correct process to file a joint petition to remove the conditional basis of my permanent resident status, and am humbly requesting your discretion to approve the attached I-751 petition, and restore my permanent resident status.

Yours truly,

Very Nice Letter:

But, be sure to include a copy of this letter along with your Removal of Condition application!!!!

(You can also include a copy of any proof you sent it to the District Director....but, in my opinion, it will do more good with your I-751 packet!)

Edited by David & Hristina

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.