Dave-n-Oksana

Wrong birthdate for Fiancees Daughter on I-129f

18 posts in this topic

Okay, today I was helping Oksana with filling out the DS-230 and when I was looking at the I-129f I realized I had put the wrong birth date for her daughter. I am not talking just a transposed day or year, but a number no where near her actual birthdate. I cannot even think of where this date came from.

Any way what is my options? How do I get this corrected??

Dave

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Personally I would suggest you would send the same form on which your correction had been clearly made to them. Just make sure you have a cover letter stating why you are sending this particular piece of article. Do not forget to put in your case number which I presume you already got since you received your NOA1 through post mail. Just my suggestion.

Mr. and Mrs. Jaime Ferdinand Espiritu

request the honor of your presence

at the marriage of their daughter

Angelie Helena

to

Gregory William Preston

Thursday, the Fifth of November

Two Thousand and Nine

at Six O'clock in the Evening

Preston Estate

Wetherington Drive, Cincinnati

Hard to tell. I'd probably go with the suggestion of sending in the correct form, or possibly calling or emailing the center you sent it to. It could be a while to talk with someone, or get an email back. I think that sometimes, these "little" mistakes are overlooked.

Tim put on the affidavit of support that I was divorced, when in fact I'm widowed. The consular either didn't notice, or didn't care. I got the visa.

Now..here's hoping AOS doesn't wonder about it.... :wacko:

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

Hard to tell. I'd probably go with the suggestion of sending in the correct form, or possibly calling or emailing the center you sent it to. It could be a while to talk with someone, or get an email back. I think that sometimes, these "little" mistakes are overlooked.

Tim put on the affidavit of support that I was divorced, when in fact I'm widowed. The consular either didn't notice, or didn't care. I got the visa.

Now..here's hoping AOS doesn't wonder about it.... :wacko:

Right. I was thinking that the daughter could be on anothers passport, so the birth certificate would be the only clue perhaps. We left a line blank on Vika's bio form and we haven't been called on it.....yet :blush:

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

If it is in the same year, I wonder if they would catch it.

I wish it was like this, but we are talking a difference of years of about 18. I am going to try and contact the CSC tomorrow and find out what I need to do just to play it safe.

I guess I should look at the bright side...I did make her younger than older than she actually is :)

Thanks all for the advice

Dave

Edited by Dave-n-Oksana

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline
Personally I would suggest you would send the same form on which your correction had been clearly made to them. Just make sure you have a cover letter stating why you are sending this particular piece of article. Do not forget to put in your case number which I presume you already got since you received your NOA1 through post mail. Just my suggestion.

Anything you send in will be returned without them even looking at it. I know, I did this with a previous I-129F years ago and that was my experience. At this point I think an option to consider is to wait until you have received the NOA2. The wrong date will really have no effect on the approval of your NOA1 or NOA2.

After NOA2 send an email to the USEM explaining what has happened and ask them what to do. In my case, this year, I had entered the wrong marriage date for my fiancee on her G-325a. I had actually entered my previous marriage date, which was many, many years after her correct divorce date. They never even asked me about the obvious wrong information. I informed them of the correct date. Heck, they would see the correct day when they review the documents at her interview. I contacted the USEM by email. They replied they had not received the the paperwork from the U.S. yet but they would convey the information to the person who would be handling her case. It was never a problem.

Will her daughter be over or under 21 at the time she would come to the U.S.? If over it will have no bearing at this point, or on future processing. If under it can easily be corrected down the road. The USEM understands people make small mistakes. Trying to make a correction with USCIS will be a waste of time. Again...only from my experience. I don't think you should waste your time stressing about something that is not stress worthy.

I would recommend you listen to others who speak from experience and not speculation.

Timeline:

17 Nov 2008 - Sent I-129F to CSC

19 Nov 2008 - NOA1

03 Apr 2009 - NOA2 approval (email)

09 Apr 2009 - NVC received

13 Apr 2009 - Sent to Embassy

23 Jun 2009 - Interview date USEM - Posted USEM website 30 Apr 2009

Anything you send in will be returned without them even looking at it. I know, I did this with a previous I-129F years ago and that was my experience. At this point I think an option to consider is to wait until you have received the NOA2. The wrong date will really have no effect on the approval of your NOA1 or NOA2.

After NOA2 send an email to the USEM explaining what has happened and ask them what to do. In my case, this year, I had entered the wrong marriage date for my fiancee on her G-325a. I had actually entered my previous marriage date, which was many, many years after her correct divorce date. They never even asked me about the obvious wrong information. I informed them of the correct date. Heck, they would see the correct day when they review the documents at her interview. I contacted the USEM by email. They replied they had not received the the paperwork from the U.S. yet but they would convey the information to the person who would be handling her case. It was never a problem.

Will her daughter be over or under 21 at the time she would come to the U.S.? If over it will have no bearing at this point, or on future processing. If under it can easily be corrected down the road. The USEM understands people make small mistakes. Trying to make a correction with USCIS will be a waste of time. Again...only from my experience. I don't think you should waste your time stressing about something that is not stress worthy.

I would recommend you listen to others who speak from experience and not speculation.

Thanks Bobb. If things go well, she will have just turned 20 when they interview. Which we are hoping is in early to mid-October.

Dave

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Okay, today I was helping Oksana with filling out the DS-230 and when I was looking at the I-129f I realized I had put the wrong birth date for her daughter. I am not talking just a transposed day or year, but a number no where near her actual birthdate. I cannot even think of where this date came from.

Any way what is my options? How do I get this corrected??

Dave

Dave

Its OK.

By the way, you do not need form DS-230 for Kiev. When you get to the interview, she can ask to change the date. I did exactly the same thing for Pasha's form and Alla just changed it at the interview, drew a line through, wrote the correct date and initialed. Non-issue. Shred the DS-230.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

I wish it was like this, but we are talking a difference of years of about 18. I am going to try and contact the CSC tomorrow and find out what I need to do just to play it safe.

I guess I should look at the bright side...I did make her younger than older than she actually is :)

Dave

It would take a lot more than this for me to call the USCIS (like the life of my first born child or something). No need to call. Just change it at the interview.

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Dave

Man yoiu are so screwed. Me too! Just this morning Alla told me she had looked over the sample forms that I will send for her interview and she noticed I had omitted one letter in her middle name. I told her I had just copied what I had put on the G-325A form. I will send her the four page corrected G-325A form for her to sign and give to them at the interview or as Gary & Alla did, have her just correct their copies during the interview.

I don't see it as a problem. Use the correct date moving forward.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Thanks all for the replies. I am feeling much better now. I am just bit paranoid as I want everything to be perfect. Having Oksana and her daughter here is just too important to have fall apart because I was an idiot. And to have some pencil pusher, with delusions of Godhood, reject it for this mistake is terrifying.

Gary, all we will need then is the 156 and 156k?

Dave

Dave,

I agree with the others. Wait and correct it at the embassy. If you try to fix something or contact USCIS you only will make things worse. I sent a letter, years ago, asking what if anything did they need, hoping to find out why it was delayed. They ended up misplacing my file because of my letter. So, just leave it and have them fix it at the embassy. I think the interviewing officer will notice that your step daughter is 20, not 2. :yes:

A lot of people make minor mistakes, especially with spelling. Some how the embassy people manage to figure it out even if the USCIS never even noticed the mistake. Relax, I'm sure Oksana will fix it all at the embassy. You just don't want to give USCIS an excuse to delay it further.

Timeline
Thanks all for the replies. I am feeling much better now. I am just bit paranoid as I want everything to be perfect. Having Oksana and her daughter here is just too important to have fall apart because I was an idiot. And to have some pencil pusher, with delusions of Godhood, reject it for this mistake is terrifying.

Gary, all we will need then is the 156 and 156k?

Dave

Yes, even if Kiev included the DS230 in packet 3 (I wouldn't know since ours never arrived) you do not need it for a K-1 visa in Kiev. DS156 (2 copies) and DS156k is all you need for Kiev (and other documents of course) Kiev does not process the K visas as "immigrant visas" because they are not immigrant visas, but some consulates treat them that way and make you submit a DS230.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Dave

Man yoiu are so screwed. Me too! Just this morning Alla told me she had looked over the sample forms that I will send for her interview and she noticed I had omitted one letter in her middle name. I told her I had just copied what I had put on the G-325A form. I will send her the four page corrected G-325A form for her to sign and give to them at the interview or as Gary & Alla did, have her just correct their copies during the interview.

I don't see it as a problem. Use the correct date moving forward.

For general information...

Both the KIEV and MOSCOW consulates will accept ANY "reasonable" spelling of a name and issue the visa in the name exactly on the passport. Alla does translations for Russian and Ukrainian documents and there are always multiple spellings of the names, especially when transliterated from Russian/Ukrainian to English and back again...it is maddening!!!!!!!! Especially with "old" and "new" Ukrainian documents. So leaving a letter otu will not hurt anything on a document, they make no big deal about clerical erros <----- (for effect, LOL) and you should be able to correct it at the interview.

Another question we get a lot is about "old" (Soviet Union, Russian Federation) and "new" (Russian Federation and/or Ukrainian) birth certificates. The US consulates in either country will accept ANY official government birth certifcate from any of these countries. There is an effort in both countries, especially Ukraine, to get the old Soviet certificates "out of circulation" and you will find some Oblasts will require a "new" birth certificate for a new passport or even a Police certificate, but the US consulates do not require this.

And Baron...how exactly did you misspell "Alla" ????????? :lol:

Edited by Gary and Alla

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.