norftown

K1 Issued. Can fiancee still visit on Tourist Visa?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Once my fiancee has her K1 in hand would she be able to travel to the US on a 90-day tourist visa without using the K1? For instance if she needs to travel to the state we are marrying in to for some last minute wedding arrangement. If it is possible would it be safe to assume that they would give her a difficult time since they would probably see in their database that the K1 has been issued?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

As far as I am aware, if she has been approved and has the visa in her passport and enters US, she has to get married within 90 days of entry. She cannot leave once she has entered, the visa will become null and void and more than likely you will have to start the process again. It is a one time entry visa only.

I129F process

23/02/09_ I129F Sent

25/02/09_I_129F received, signed for by D Renaud

25/02/09_ NOA 1 issued

01/03/09_ Touched

30/06/09_ NAO2 issued

01/07/09_ NAO 2 email from uscis received

06/07/09_ NAO 2 hardcopy received in post

10/07/09_ NVC receives application

13/07/09_ NVC sends application to dublin embassy

15/07/09_ Dublin embassy receives application

28/07/09_ Packet 3 Received

28/07/09_ Packet 3 Sent (Notice of Readiness returned)

28/07/09_ Medical Results collected from Clinic - all good to go :)

05/08/09_ Packet 4 Received

21/07/09_ Medical @ 10am in Blackrock Clinic PASSED woo hoo

11/08/09_ Interview PASSED

14/08/09_ Visa in hand.........woo hoo :)

23/09/09_ US Entry (POE - Chicago)

20/11/09_ Married

AOS SECTION

30/12/2009_AOS, Employment Authorization, Advanced Parole Sent to Chichago

31/12/2009_Received and signed for at Chicago Lockbox

06/01/2010_NAO1 received for all of the above

14/01/2010_ Recevied Biometrics letter

09/02/2010_ Biometrics in Fort Smith

17/02/2010_Recieved email that Employment Authorisation has been approved, card production in process

22/02/2010_Received Advanced Parole documents in the post :)

10/03/2010_Received Notification of Interview for AOS

14/04/2010_Interview Fort smith @ 10.00am for AOS

Once my fiancee has her K1 in hand would she be able to travel to the US on a 90-day tourist visa without using the K1? For instance if she needs to travel to the state we are marrying in to for some last minute wedding arrangement. If it is possible would it be safe to assume that they would give her a difficult time since they would probably see in their database that the K1 has been issued?

I can't see why they wouldn't allow such. She only has 6 months to use the K1. She'd need a GOOD reason why she wanted to go on a B2 first.

Try the shoe on better??? To me there's nothing wrong with that.

Can't see why anyone would "run" when they have a K1 visa standing by.

Edit! Oops! I guess they might go illegal if "the shoes didn't fit".

Edited by Haole

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Other VJers can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I read somewhere that once they issue the K-1 visa, the tourist visa that the beneficiary has is canceled...

Edited by Lu & Keith

"Pedis e obtereis"

OUR TIMELINE

05/28/2009 - I-129F Sent

06/02/2009 - NOA1

06/04/2009 - Check cashed

09/11/2009 - Touched!

09/11/2009 - NOA2 approved!!

09/14/2009 - Touched

09/16/2009 - NVC received

09/18/2009 - NVC left

09/22/2009 - Consulate received

10/02/2009 - Pkt 4 received

10/29/2009 - Medical - PASSED!!

11/10/2009 - Interview - APPROVED!

11/16/2009 - Visa received!

11/24/2009 - Arrived at the USA

12/08/2009 - Got married!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

No

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Not possible to use a VWP or B-1 visa once a K-1 has been issued. :thumbs:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Regardless, upon entering the US with a K1 visa in her passport, it is automatically used and therefore void for future entry to the US. It cannot be "saved" for future use.

I think technically it can be "saved" (maybe that is only for Canadians)... but from a practical standpoint, I doubt the POE would allow it ...

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.