Bern.

Potentically Lost 1040 Form for 2008

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Good evening fellow VJ'ers!

So to sum up my question, my husband who is petitioning me is unable to get his hands on his 2008 1040 form. It's currently in storage, and he's overseas in Kuwait until April 2010. He called the IRS for his tax transcripts, and he's going to get a letter of employment from his commanding officer, and he's going to include 6 month pay stubs.

Or does anyone know if it's possible for him to get a hold of the business who did his taxes, then request for them to send him his taxes again?

I hope someone can help us with this. He wasn't really thinking when he put all his things into storage. >_<

dev356pr___.png

Removal of Conditions - January 6, 2012

Timeline

Hey Ber,

Isn't it good enough to just have the transcripts? Oh, actually, I suppose he sort of has to have the 1040 for the latest year right?

it'll work out, if someone did his taxes for him, they'll have a copy for sure.

Good luck, lemme know if you have any questions that I could possibly help with.

He can call the accountants who did his taxes and they should have a copy of it to send to him.

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Timeline

So to sum up my question, my husband who is petitioning me is unable to get his hands on his 2008 1040 form. It's currently in storage, and he's overseas in Kuwait until April 2010. He called the IRS for his tax transcripts, and he's going to get a letter of employment from his commanding officer, and he's going to include 6 month pay stubs.

Or does anyone know if it's possible for him to get a hold of the business who did his taxes, then request for them to send him his taxes again?

I hope someone can help us with this. He wasn't really thinking when he put all his things into storage. >_<

He doesn't need the 1040 if he has a tax transcript - you need one or the other, not both.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

IRS transcript is the preferred format, so you will be good. Are you folks aware that there is a Military Help Desk at USCIS?

There is military related info in the VJ WIki -> http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/..._Their_Families

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

Wait, one more question so he needs a completed I-864, and his tax transcripts? The list says W2's, or am I overthinking, and the employment letter and pay stubs are optional? o_o

dev356pr___.png

Wait, one more question so he needs a completed I-864, and his tax transcripts? The list says W2's, or am I overthinking, and the employment letter and pay stubs are optional? o_o

You need the I-864 with either the tax transcripts OR the returns + the W-2

Employment letter and paystubs are technically optional but really should be included. Really really should be included. Include them.

Naturalization

N-400 package mailed: 04/16/2013

N-400 package delivered: 04/16/2013

NOA1 date: 04/17/2013

Biometrics: 08/23/2013

Interview: 10/07/2013

Oath: 01/23/2014

DONE!

Best to have both tax transcripts and ITRs with W2s. If not the transcripts "normally" do the job by themselves.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

It is not necessary or even recommended to send both. They ask for one or the other. Not sure what you mean by "normally" but my transcripts were accepted "normally" without incident.

OP, if your husband cannot find his 2008 return, the transcript will do the trick and is even considered the preferred method. Nothing to worry about.

Naturalization

N-400 package mailed: 04/16/2013

N-400 package delivered: 04/16/2013

NOA1 date: 04/17/2013

Biometrics: 08/23/2013

Interview: 10/07/2013

Oath: 01/23/2014

DONE!

Don't need W-2 since he has the transcripts that contain all info from W-2. Since he is in the military, only has to show proof for 100% of poverty line, not 125%.

My husband's employment letter was very simple - with the military from date, deployed from date, rank, pay per year.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Ber, you yourself and fax a request to IRS for a transcript of this year, there is a form you fill out, his name, where you want it sent to and the years of transcripts he needs. If you want me too, I will send you this form, Ive done with a few times with IRS, takes about a week to receive and costs nothing to get.

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Timeline

We actually did it the last day he was here. We sent the forms to his mom's house. But thank you so much Beth. I was so scared when I found out he put his 2008 return in storage. >_<

dev356pr___.png

It is not necessary or even recommended to send both. They ask for one or the other. Not sure what you mean by "normally" but my transcripts were accepted "normally" without incident.

OP, if your husband cannot find his 2008 return, the transcript will do the trick and is even considered the preferred method. Nothing to worry about.

Some prescreeners at USEManila don't realize Tax transcripts carry more weight than ITRs and W2s and won't accept them.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.