CharlesB

Current Status: Card production ordered.

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

On July 21, 2009, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

In October 2008, we filed the I-751 for my wife.

Then she had her biometrics 6 weeks later.

Then no updates or emails or "touches" or anything. I would read stuff on this forum and get worried.

Then in March 2009, we got a transfer notice from Vermont to California.

Then in April 2009, we got a RFE (request for evidence).

No updates, letters, or emails, so I contacted our congressman's office in June 2009, and I received a letter from an aide, but she was never in the office or available for me to speak with her.

Last week, I called the 1 800 375 5283 number, pausing after pressing 1, then 2, then 3. I spoke with a call center rep, and told her what was happening with my wife's case. She transferred me to an "officer" and this officer was, to say the least, less than friendly. She said some things to my wife and me, and I asked her if I needed to contact my congressman's office. (I did not tell her that I had already done so.) She became very friendly, very helpful, and kept saying, "nooo, noo sir, you don't need to contact the congressman's office, as everything is normal with your wife's case."

After that, I saw at the uscis.gov site that my wife's case had been updated or "touched" and today we got this email and update that a new card is being made.

My advice is for those filing to not get so worried or upset about all of this 751 stuff. My wife is traveling with her extension letter. No problems. We didn't have a lot of "assets" to co-mingle.

It's almost like some people here act like know-it-alls and like to fear-monger or something. Just calm down and don't worry. That's my advice. Please don't worry or get upset or make mountains out of mole-hills.

Kindest regards and good luck to all. Thanks for everyone's kind words and thoughts.

On July 21, 2009, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

In October 2008, we filed the I-751 for my wife.

Then she had her biometrics 6 weeks later.

Then no updates or emails or "touches" or anything. I would read stuff on this forum and get worried.

Then in March 2009, we got a transfer notice from Vermont to California.

Then in April 2009, we got a RFE (request for evidence).

No updates, letters, or emails, so I contacted our congressman's office in June 2009, and I received a letter from an aide, but she was never in the office or available for me to speak with her.

Last week, I called the 1 800 375 5283 number, pausing after pressing 1, then 2, then 3. I spoke with a call center rep, and told her what was happening with my wife's case. She transferred me to an "officer" and this officer was, to say the least, less than friendly. She said some things to my wife and me, and I asked her if I needed to contact my congressman's office. (I did not tell her that I had already done so.) She became very friendly, very helpful, and kept saying, "nooo, noo sir, you don't need to contact the congressman's office, as everything is normal with your wife's case."

After that, I saw at the uscis.gov site that my wife's case had been updated or "touched" and today we got this email and update that a new card is being made.

My advice is for those filing to not get so worried or upset about all of this 751 stuff. My wife is traveling with her extension letter. No problems. We didn't have a lot of "assets" to co-mingle.

It's almost like some people here act like know-it-alls and like to fear-monger or something. Just calm down and don't worry. That's my advice. Please don't worry or get upset or make mountains out of mole-hills.

Kindest regards and good luck to all. Thanks for everyone's kind words and thoughts.

Congratulations. Very happy for you. Finally your long wait is over now little wait for the GC arrival begins just like me.

With USCIS

Might is Right

It was funny how the rep told you not to contact congressman, as indeed it would have put her in trouble as most of the USCIS calls are recorded and if the congressman staff had inquired and her record would have come up and she didn't give correct information or didn't help you. She could have lost her job.

Congressperson/Senator inquiry/help are like "Spanking on the back of USCIS". They often need to behave properly.

:)

Edited by Immigrant2009

Congratulations!! That's quite the wait you had. Sounds like you handled it well, and good to know for future references. Enjoy the breath of fresh air the two of you are receiving!! :star:

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

Congratulations! :thumbs:

N-400

5/29/2010 - USPS Express Mail Out N-400

6/2/2010 - Priority date

6/9/2010 - Check cashed

6/11/2010 - NOA in my mail box

6/17/2010 - Able to see case status "Initial Review"

6/18/2010 - LUD

7/2/2010 - Called mis-information line to put in a service request for STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED "FP NOTICE"

7/8/2010 - LUD, at 2:32am, received text msg and e-mail for req. for add'l evidence being mailed out on July 6th, believe it's for the FP

7/12/2010 - Received FP notice in mail, scheduled for 8/2/2010

7/15/2010 - Walk in FP

7/22/2010 - Online status changed to "Case sent to local office for interview schedule"

7/27/2010 - Received interview letter for 8/23/2010

8/23/2010 - Passed interview, was informed that next oath date is 9/22/2010 and oath letter will come in the mail

9/3/2010 - Received oath letter in the mail for 9/22/2010

Disclaimer: All comments, advice and information are given out by my kind intention, please use them at your own risk and do not hold me liable or responsible for any inaccuracy.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

we didn't even have joint bank accounts and got approved :) I don't think it's as big a deal as we make it out to be.

this is the way the world ends

not with a bang but a whimper

[ts eliot]

aos timeline:

married: jan 5, 2007

noa 1: march 2nd, 2007

interview @ tampa, fl office: april 26, 2007

green card received: may 5, 2007

removal of conditions timeline:

03/26/2009 - received in VSC

07/20/2009 - card production ordered!

Congratulations on your approval.

I applaud your persistence in contacting your congressman and in encouraging others not to spend every living moment worrying about the process; however, please do not underestimate the power of showing financial co-mingling. You did receive a RFE after all. And I'd rather be a little nervous and go the extra mile to get it right rather than not pay attention to detail and make mistakes. Part of the purpose of this forum is for people to 1. get support and 2. seek advice from others who are further along in the process a.k.a. "know it alls". If it wasn't for our "know it alls" none of us would have any strong, solid advice to follow. And in my opinion and VJ experience (both as an asker and as an advisor), our "know it alls" often put people's fears to rest rather than act as fear mongers.

So ... congrats again and cheers to our resident know it alls! :thumbs:

Edited by mozplay

timeline.gif

Full timeline can be seen in my profile

PAST - From K-1 to Citizenship (a love story)
K-1: Aug 12, 2006 to Jan 17, 2007 - mailed I-129F
AOS: Feb 26, 2007 - Jul 26, 2007
REMOVING CONDITIONS: May 4, 2009 - Oct 3, 2009
CITIZENSHIP: Nov 27, 2012 - May 9, 2013

Note: I immigrated from Canada, not T&T - the timeline is reflective of this.

PRESENT - IR-5 Story (reuniting a family)
I-130 for Parents - 2013
Aug ?? - mailed I-130 packages for both mother and father
Sept 10 - NOA1 date
Sept 16 - NOA1s received

Feb 25 - got emails saying that the cases had been transferred to another office for processing

Feb 26 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred to my local office for processing

Feb 28 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred and are being processed

Mar 17 - got email, attached to one case number only, saying that my A number was changed relating to the I-130 filing

Mar 18 - got emails saying that the petitions are approved smile.png

Visit my website Dancing Light Stained Glass Studio to view my work.

P.S. :time: so that we have accurate info to go by.

timeline.gif

Full timeline can be seen in my profile

PAST - From K-1 to Citizenship (a love story)
K-1: Aug 12, 2006 to Jan 17, 2007 - mailed I-129F
AOS: Feb 26, 2007 - Jul 26, 2007
REMOVING CONDITIONS: May 4, 2009 - Oct 3, 2009
CITIZENSHIP: Nov 27, 2012 - May 9, 2013

Note: I immigrated from Canada, not T&T - the timeline is reflective of this.

PRESENT - IR-5 Story (reuniting a family)
I-130 for Parents - 2013
Aug ?? - mailed I-130 packages for both mother and father
Sept 10 - NOA1 date
Sept 16 - NOA1s received

Feb 25 - got emails saying that the cases had been transferred to another office for processing

Feb 26 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred to my local office for processing

Feb 28 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred and are being processed

Mar 17 - got email, attached to one case number only, saying that my A number was changed relating to the I-130 filing

Mar 18 - got emails saying that the petitions are approved smile.png

Visit my website Dancing Light Stained Glass Studio to view my work.

Filed: Timeline

Thanks so very much everyone for the kind words and thoughts. Well, I'm so surprised my wife received her permanent resident card today.

So yeah, I can just say in our case, the calling of the USCIS and getting a case officer on the line seemed to work for us.

From others experiences, I half expected us to be interviewed, or for my wife's green card to be lost in the mail, or have a misspelling, or something.

So, again, I just want to say thanks for everyone in the forum and please, if you're still in the process, please don't get discouraged. It's so easy to get upset and worried, and if an USCIS worker is rude to you, you don't have to take it. Just be polite and respectful, and ask for a supervisor or ask them if you need to contact your congressman or senator. It worked for us. Good luck everyone!

I don't know if the RFE was really because we didn't submit enough information at first, or because of the transfer from Vermont to California.

:)

Thanks to everyone. Hmmm...as to filling in and out the timeline, I may need some help with that. lol

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Charles what did the RFE say?

Why is it that the only one who can stop the crying is the one who started it in the first place?

More Complete Story here
My Saga includes 2 step sons
USC Married 4/2007 Colombian on overstay since 2001 of B1/B2 visa
Applied 5/2007 Approved GC in Hand 10/2007
I-751 mailed 6/30/09 aapproved 11/7/09 The BOYS I-751 Mailed 12/29/09 3/23/10 Email approval for 17 CR 3/27/10
4/14/10 Email approval for 13 yr Old CR 4/23/10

Oldest son now 21 I-130 filed by LPR dad ( as per NVC CSPA is applying here )
I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007
4/6/2010 letter from NVC arrives to son dated 3/4/2010
5/4/10 received AOS and DS3032 via email
9/22/10 Interview BOG Passed
10/3/10 POE JFK all went well
11/11/10 GC Received smile.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.