28 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
until you pass the six month mark, the congressman can not do anything for you. hoping for the best for all that are waiting........

Not true. The immigration caseworker of our congresswoman called them on a weekly basis starting when we were approaching five months and saw that we were being left behind compared to other VJers. He did get real time information, and we were approved less than three weeks later. It all depends on how invested they are in this, and what connections they have established to USCIS (which I guess is a result of how invested they are).

Shivali, as long as there are still so many people who filed on the same date as you that aren't approved yet, I wouldn't freak out. There is still enough time to freak out when they do indeed pass over you, which I hope will not happen... Right now it still looks like your NOA2 will be coming any day.

Edited by Philosykos

until you pass the six month mark, the congressman can not do anything for you. hoping for the best for all that are waiting........

Not true. The immigration caseworker of our congresswoman called them on a weekly basis starting when we were approaching five months and saw that we were being left behind compared to other VJers. He did get real time information, and we were approved less than three weeks later. It all depends on how invested they are in this, and what connections they have established to USCIS (which I guess is a result of how invested they are).

Shivali, as long as there are still so many people who filed on the same date as you that aren't approved yet, I wouldn't freak out. There is still enough time to freak out when they do indeed pass over you, which I hope will not happen... Right now it still looks like your NOA2 will be coming any day.

Freaking out implies losing control, acting out and abandoning reason and logic. Isn't there a more reasonable alternative? Most people don't want to embarrass themselves. Letz offer the OP some dignified and constructive alternatives that he/she can look back on with pride, not shame. :dance:

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

The USCIS "call center" is full of contract employees that will be happy to read your status directly from the website :angry: They aren't even located at the service center. I had the same problem, calling to argue with them everyday, but I finally just gave up, because no matter how many "supervisors" I spoke with I wasn't getting anywhere! My advice is to contact your congressman when you pass the 180 day wait mark. It really sucks I know! It took us 6.5 months to get the NOA2 :crying:

Filed: Country: India
Timeline
*Venting*

Okay, so as much as i try being patient, seeing march and April approved cases did not help. so i called the USCIS. what did they have to tell me?

she literally reiterated a shpeel, saying person handling our case is is either too busy or too lazy and told me to call in 2 months. I really don't want to believe in that i have along wait ahead of me bs because clearly people who filed after us are being approved already.

I am so ANGRY! We are really on a strict time line here, and no touches, no RFE's, NOTHING what so ever. the whole process is suppose to be taking 6 months.

Service Center : California Service Center, Consulate :Mumbai, India, I-129F Sent : 2009-03-20,I-129F NOA1 :2009-03-23

What is the big deal? you got your NAO1 4 months ago. thats typical - it took me like 6+ months to get NA02. So just relax.

I-129: December'08

NAO1: December'08

RFE: April'09

NAO2-email: July'09

NA02-HardCopy: July'09

NVC->Embassy: July'09

Packet 3:July'09

Interview: september 17

Visa on hand: October 9

-_-

Arrival to US:

Filing for GC: November'09

GC on hand: March'10

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Freaking out implies losing control, acting out and abandoning reason and logic. Isn't there a more reasonable alternative? Most people don't want to embarrass themselves. Letz offer the OP some dignified and constructive alternatives that he/she can look back on with pride, not shame. :dance:

I think you didn't get the irony in what I was saying... ;)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

The USCIS Call Center is a 3rd party company that handles calls for Uscis

They have no access to the status of your information , they just read from the scripted messages given to them. Most cases they may just read what your status says online. (F)

In your Strength, I can crush an army; with my God , I can scale any wall .....2nd Samuel 22:30

For God did not give us a spirit of fear and timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self discipline}... 2 Timothy 1 :7[/i]

Set me as seal over your heart. Solomon 8:6

imgfinal2.jpg

AOS

08/03/2009 - AOS Approval

08/13/ 2009- GC in mail

ROC

09/01/2011 - Roc Approval

N - 400

06/15/2012 - Mailed N - 400 package to Phoenix

06/19/2012 - Notice of Action

07/20/2012 - Biometrics

08/20/2012 - Interview: PASSED

09/21/2012 - Oath Ceremony :)

09/21/2012 - US Citizen

RqhYvq6.jpgRqhYm4.pngRqhYm4.png

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows James 1 : 17[/center]

The USCIS Call Center is a 3rd party company that handles calls for Uscis

They have no access to the status of your information , they just read from the scripted messages given to them. Most cases they may just read what your status says online. (F)

Exactly!!!!, they only see what you see on the USCIS case status on line.

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Relax n try to spend time with friends.

Your noa2 will come very soon don't worry, at least you are in CSC, they are faster than VSC <_<

I see CSC may fillers getting their NOA2s and I feel like pulling my hair to death :girlwerewolf2xn: I know how you are feeling, it realy sucks.

If you don't get your NOA2 in one more month, call USCIS, don't wait for 2 month like the lady said.

Good luck!!

event.png

12/17/99 - We met in Peru.

01/07/00 - Relationship started.

06/03/08 - Got engaged.

04/17/09 - I-129F sent.

04/22/09 - NOA1.

08/25/09 - NOA2 yay!!!

10/15/09 - Interview date, Visa approved!

11/10/09 - Arrival to US.

12/01/09 - Got married.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Relax n try to spend time with friends.

Your noa2 will come very soon don't worry, at least you are in CSC, they are faster than VSC <_<

I see CSC may fillers getting their NOA2s and I feel like pulling my hair to death :girlwerewolf2xn: I know how you are feeling, it realy sucks.

If you don't get your NOA2 in one more month, call USCIS, don't wait for 2 month like the lady said.

Good luck!!

yeah, I am a little better today. some days are harder than others. I should stay positive thanks :)

sigtxc.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
omg i had a touch today
Si, man! :)

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.