28 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

*Venting*

Okay, so as much as i try being patient, seeing march and April approved cases did not help. so i called the USCIS. what did they have to tell me?

she literally reiterated a shpeel, saying person handling our case is is either too busy or too lazy and told me to call in 2 months. I really don't want to believe in that i have along wait ahead of me bs because clearly people who filed after us are being approved already.

I am so ANGRY! We are really on a strict time line here, and no touches, no RFE's, NOTHING what so ever. the whole process is suppose to be taking 6 months.

sigtxc.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
*Venting*

Okay, so as much as i try being patient, seeing march and April approved cases did not help. so i called the USCIS. what did they have to tell me?

she literally reiterated a shpeel, saying person handling our case is is either too busy or too lazy and told me to call in 2 months. I really don't want to believe in that i have along wait ahead of me bs because clearly people who filed after us are being approved already.

I am so ANGRY! We are really on a strict time line here, and no touches, no RFE's, NOTHING what so ever. the whole process is suppose to be taking 6 months.

im sorry (F) really that line is worthless and they will tell u anything to get rid of u

sara

Timeline
*Venting*

im sorry (F) really that line is worthless and they will tell u anything to get rid of u

sara

Sarah, I have no clue how you are doing this, after such a drag. 4 months into the process and i feel like my head will explode and i can't do anything to make it better. I am so disheartened already. how do you deal with this?

sigtxc.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
*Venting*

sara

Sara,

Did you ever write your Congressman for help?

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline
*Venting*

sara

Sarah, I have no clue how you are doing this, after such a drag. 4 months into the process and i feel like my head will explode and i can't do anything to make it better. I am so disheartened already. how do you deal with this?

i really dont know how im dealing with it, some days are worse than others. every time it gets close to another year passing i get really angry, then im ok for awhile then there are days i just cry, other days i just stay busy i wish i could tell u something magic that would help u pass the time but there really isnt anything but one thing

u will get ur noa2 pretty soon not to many of us get caught in this mess we are in.

so just look at it as maybe only two more months to go :)

i will keep u in my prayers

sara

*Venting*

sara

Sara,

Did you ever write your Congressman for help?

everyone including the president of the USA both of them

sara

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I emailed my congressman about 2 days ago, the immigrations director called me today. Gave me a full walkthrough of timelines, what to expect how my case may be better (or worse) than others, went over who does what and where.

It was very, very helpful and reassuring. Google your Congressman and go to the "Contact us" link, wont hurt to try! I feel much better, even knowing I have a 4 month wait to get a NOA2, at least I know what to expect now.

Here's where I went and what I wrote:

https://writerep.house.gov/htbin/wrep_const

I am hoping that you will be of service to myself and my fiance' for filing for a K-1 Fiance' Visa. We submitted our application packet on 6-16-09 and received our NOA1. We are unsure as to how long we should allow for the NOA2 to arrive and when would be a good time to start looking for it.

If we do not receive the NOA2 within 4 months time, should this be a good time to contact your office for assistance in processing our application? We have been advised the visajourney.com, that your office would be able to assist us in our endeavors..

Any assistance or direction you can afford will be truly appreciated. Thank you and we look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,

Wendy L. Showers and

John E. Gray

Good Luck on your Journey

"Waiting does not seem long, once it is accomplished"

Click on "my timeline" and it is there. Takes up too much space in the signature area.

Timeline
I emailed my congressman about 2 days ago, the immigrations director called me today. Gave me a full walkthrough of timelines, what to expect how my case may be better (or worse) than others, went over who does what and where.

It was very, very helpful and reassuring. Google your Congressman and go to the "Contact us" link, wont hurt to try! I feel much better, even knowing I have a 4 month wait to get a NOA2, at least I know what to expect now.

I am hoping that you will be of service to myself and my fiance' for filing for a K-1 Fiance' Visa. We submitted our application packet on 6-16-09 and received our NOA1. We are unsure as to how long we should allow for the NOA2 to arrive and when would be a good time to start looking for it.

If we do not receive the NOA2 within 4 months time, should this be a good time to contact your office for assistance in processing our application? We have been advised the visajourney.com, that your office would be able to assist us in our endeavors..

Any assistance or direction you can afford will be truly appreciated. Thank you and we look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,

Wendy L. Showers and

John E. Gray

great resource. i have everything ready. i just don't want to use this tool unless i have too. i don't wantto end up pissing someone off. :blush:

sigtxc.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Not to discourage you from trying, because some people have reported success.... But for me, contacting my senators/congressman was a waste. Of the 3, only one seemed to even contact the USCIS on my behalf. The other two told me that I was within normal processing time (which was only true of you used zero logic). The one that did contact them received some standard letter with my NOA1 date and the processing time and forwarded that letter to me - which was useless.

At best, contacting them (and following up with weekly phone calls) was something to do to pass the time & FEEL like you're doing something.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline
Not to discourage you from trying, because some people have reported success.... But for me, contacting my senators/congressman was a waste. Of the 3, only one seemed to even contact the USCIS on my behalf. The other two told me that I was within normal processing time (which was only true of you used zero logic). The one that did contact them received some standard letter with my NOA1 date and the processing time and forwarded that letter to me - which was useless.

At best, contacting them (and following up with weekly phone calls) was something to do to pass the time & FEEL like you're doing something.

i agree with you, i don't want to resolve to congressmen. hopefully i won't need to.

sigtxc.jpg

Timeline

Sincerely,

Wendy L. Showers and

''

Thank you so much for that website information. I did not think it was that easy to email your representative. I thought I would just keep her in the loop in case I need her help.

Edited by Starlight95

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Sara,

Any luck with you being able to go to his home country and getting married there? Or has that issue not resolved yet?

Because you might want to think if its really worth the wait...

They might put you in AP again at NVC and again at consulate stages....

might again be just as long....not to pull you down but playing devils advocate...it might happen and you should be prepared rather than wasting your time waiting. these guys are so unpredictable that the words simply does not even describe them.

I hope things start working out for both of you.

.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
*Venting*

I am sorry to hear you are having a long wait. I have noticed there are many being processed and approved right now. It seemed like April and May were dry months where nothing was being approved. It is about 4 moths from your NOA1, so looking at the stats you should see a touch and bam there will be the NOA2 very soon. I wish I had a magic wand and could grant you your wish.

The best on your visa journey,

Dale

4-17-2009 sent K1 Petition

5-1-2009 USCIS received petition

5-4-2009 received NOA1 notice

7-17-2009 touched

7-20-2009 NOA2 received

8-3-2009 NVC received petition

8-4-2009 NVC sent petition to Manila

9-22-2009 Medical Exam (scar on lungs) will have sputum test done

9-28-2009 K1 visa interview (canceled)

12-02-2009 call the SLMEC for sputum test report out

12-07-2009 Medical passed

12-08-2009 CFO

December 16, 2009 visa Pink Slip

December 20, 2009 entered USA

With God's blessing

Dale and Pat

Timeline
Sara,

Any luck with you being able to go to his home country and getting married there? Or has that issue not resolved yet?

Because you might want to think if its really worth the wait...

They might put you in AP again at NVC and again at consulate stages....

might again be just as long....not to pull you down but playing devils advocate...it might happen and you should be prepared rather than wasting your time waiting. these guys are so unpredictable that the words simply does not even describe them.

I hope things start working out for both of you.

hi thats an issue we are are still working on and is absolutely something that we have planned if we cant get this resolved.

but while we are resolving that issue we are still working on trying to get this mess cleared up we are in now at csc

if nothing else trying to get csc to give us the noa2 at least past the time until we are able to leave for india

sara

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.