one...two...tree

Harvard scholar's arrest raises profiling questions

286 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Deflecting the very real historical and actual racial disparities and relations in this country is not the best way to prove a point.

and pointing that out in just about every thread you can does little to prove your point.

So very true Charles. No point in being real.

no point in ascribing every action to that either.

logic creep FAIL detected.

denial attempt FAIL maybe? :unsure:

If Gates was white and the officers were black some here would have a different opinion. :whistle:

Surely can't be! You mean the 2nd amendment defenders? :lol:

he might be speaking of the albophobic tendences of some here too. :whistle:

I don't think so. Obvious is what it is, independent of historical fact which isn't that much open to revisionism or claims of reverse racism- which is not even remotely an issue in this case or even relevant in those whistled implications (likely those speak more to certain people's insecurities).

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
leukophobia

That's a pretty disgusting term imo.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
And if he admits his error, I am willing to educate him about the history of racism in America and the issue of racial profiling … That’s what I do for a living.”

sounds like he has a chip on his shoulder the size of mount rushmore.

maybe he should get a real job and create something, rather than spending his days trying to crucify the past.

he would prolly gain some self esteem in the process. it appears that he has none at present.

Yea, I got the biggest kick out of that line of his.

Actually, if this guy was you are me, we would have had our day in court to explain why we thought our interest in a badge number ... before the cop has confirmed whats going on is valid enough reason to start yelling at the cop.

Anyone who has had confrontations with cops know, they have an exact process they are trained to go by on these situations, when you try to insist on them explaining why they stopped you or why they are questioning you it just goes downhill as I think happened here.

Why would you need a badge number anyway ....clearly the records will indicate who was dispatched to the house. You need a badge number when there is mass police presence.

that pic looks like it was taken during the day :unsure:

more importantly did you see the black officer, that racist ####### :P

Watch yourself...that was not funny... :angry:

I love selective indignation.

Danno, once again, you speak about something you know nothing about. There isn't a single procedure for dealing with these situations, there is no Angry Black Man Procedure. Generally, they will not discuss it with someone until they deem the situation as controlled. This is because generally, this is the point at which they can have a civil conversation about what the charges are and what is going to happen. More often than not, this is a one sided conversation with the officer simply dictating what the charge is and what options the person has. There are so many variables and so little constants that you can't treat all situations the same. Each one is unique and requires many many different techniques and protocol.

Finally, the reason why Prof. Gates was demanding not only the officer's name, but also badge number (as should anyone who thinks they are being mistreated by the police) Is because badge numbers are not necissarily listed on the incident report. An officer's name is simply not enough to indentify the officer in question for a Pitchess Motion (That is what it is called here in California, but be called something else in another state). This is a motion where the defendant claims some sort of impropriety on the part of the police. It's like trying to issue a subpoena for an Officer Sullivan of the Boston P.D...... I'll bet, with that amount of information, which is about all you get from an incident report, will get you 40-50 possible people with that name.

Timeline

Right now I have a little virusphobia from all the viral infections of cells I've been doing lately.

Timeline
Right now I have a little virusphobia from all the viral infections of cells I've been doing lately.

Too bad you're not armed.

Damn viri. All 10^9 pfu of them per mL. :angry:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Deflecting the very real historical and actual racial disparities and relations in this country is not the best way to prove a point.

and pointing that out in just about every thread you can does little to prove your point.

maybe you should try a reboot ;)

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

I'm too busy to not make sense and more so to inject myself into other people's conversations. Not that there's anything wrong with it.

Reboots are good from time to time. Just not when there's nothing wrong.

Too bad you're not armed.

Damn viri. All 10^9 pfu of them per mL. :angry:

Nothing a grenade can't handle.

Hmmm... grenade in a 6-well plate... you're making science more exciting now.

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

I'm too busy to not make sense and more so to inject myself into other people's conversations. Not that there's anything wrong with it.

this is the first telltale sign that something is wrong ... :hehe:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

:rofl:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

According to Prof. Natty, Professor of ______________ Studies? :lol: