Ovi

I am outraged!

183 posts in this topic

Hello fellow VJers!

I am outraged at the fact that VSC is operating at such a slow pace. In the last few months they have slowed in aproving petitions drasticaly. Our lives are tied in this, our finances, our jobs, future, even our health. I myself I am putting off buying a home and loosing a lot of money in finance charges and the $8000 goverment stimulus because they are moving so slow. CSC is working on petitions from May while VSC is still November and December. This is not acceptable and unless we bring this to their attention nothing will happen.

fyi - when we sent our petition 4 years ago (July 2005) - VSC was speedy and CSC (where we applied) was sssllllloooowwwww.

Maybe USCIS focused on CSC and now the situation has flipped.

Its hard, but be patient! You will face greater challenges in life.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
When we filed our I-129F petition, The CSC was talking a lot longer than VSC. It took us 7 months to get my visa with a military expedite (which was approved btw). When you start this process of immigrating your loved ones. This is what you are getting into. It helps to concentrate on the good part of your relationship and not the waiting. The waiting is painful but it is inevitable. The more you think about it the worse its going to get for both of you. Getting the visa just the beginning. Don't lose heart just yet. The wait will end soon.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

I am dissapointed in the way most people here are thinking. I see that the ones that had the shortest wait times desire the longest wait for others, which is kinda sad. Also I want to think of other people that will come after me. I would hate for them to go through even harder times and be separated from their loved ones even longer because I had the chance to draw some attention to this and I did nothing. I am at 3 months now and it looks like my NOA2 will be at least 6 months while a couple of years back it got done in under a month in most cases. I can't believe that we can't get it back to the way it was there, but if we just sit idle nothing will ever happen.

I worte to all the major tv networrks, and wrote letters to everyone I could. I am hoping maybe somewhere, someone will take the time to speak out. This is one of the reasons that government is taking control in this country instead of the power remaining with the people. It is because we decide to just sit back and do nothing. That is why we have representatives and not a communist system. If we continue to sit idle we will become one.

I want to thank those few that supported me and I wish there will be more that would contact everyone they know and maybe there is a small chance somewhere that we can make a change.

"At best only 50% of the people involved in this process can even vote, so there is no incentive for lawmakers to do anything."

Everyone that applies for a K-1, K-3 must be a citizen.

"I have read the ombudsman office report on the USCIS, They know about all the problems so write more letters to them will not fix it. I see they are working on new Immigration laws, but non are direct at US citizens, just green card holder that must way 8 to 10 years not 8 to 10 months to bring there family.

Even if congress make change that we all want, It still will take a year to become law."

This is not what I am talking about. Green card holders have no rights yet. They are not citizens of this country, they just got the priviledge to work here and stay here and later maybe become citizens. I am talking about us as citizens, we have the right for the government to work for us not us for the goverment. Remember: "We the people..."

Timeline:

K-1 Visa

04/09/09 : I-129F Sent to Vermont

04/10/09 : I-129F Received by USCIS

04/14/09 : NOA1

08/19/09 : NOA2

08/24/09 : NVC Received

08/25/09 : NVC Left

08/27/09 : Consulate received

08/28/09 : Packet 3

08/31/09 : Packet 3 sent

09/16/09 : Interview - Approved

09/21/09 : Trip to Dallas

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Hello fellow VJers!

I am outraged at the fact that VSC is operating at such a slow pace. In the last few months they have slowed in aproving petitions drasticaly. Our lives are tied in this, our finances, our jobs, future, even our health. I myself I am putting off buying a home and loosing a lot of money in finance charges and the $8000 goverment stimulus because they are moving so slow. CSC is working on petitions from May while VSC is still November and December. This is not acceptable and unless we bring this to their attention nothing will happen.

I know that we are at their mercy but we can stir the waters and write some letters to USCIS ombudsman, to senators, congressmen, even to the white house. I believe that if they get enough letters maybe someone might take a look at this problem and try to do something about it. One: it is our right as US citizens to pursue hapiness and two: it is a service we paid for. If we do nothing about it nothing will happen but if we draw some attention to this problem, maybe something might happen and have them hire more, train more, or at least try to do something to rectify the situation. If we don't write, call, complain they will not act on anything.

Mr. President spoke about "change" lets ask for change in this department!

You are 3 months into a process which takes, normally, 6-8 months, THEN you wait for the NVC and consulate.

Yes, Obama will fix all, don't worry, but first he has to make our healthcare function the same way as USCIS and see if he can sell government made cars. Ask your fiance how that worked in Romania.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Hello fellow VJers!

I know that we are at their mercy but we can stir the waters and write some letters to USCIS ombudsman, to senators, congressmen, even to the white house. I believe that if they get enough letters maybe someone might take a look at this problem and try to do something about it. One: it is our right as US citizens to pursue hapiness and two: it is a service we paid for. If we do nothing about it nothing will happen but if we draw some attention to this problem, maybe something might happen and have them hire more, train more, or at least try to do something to rectify the situation. If we don't write, call, complain they will not act on anything.

Mr. President spoke about "change" lets ask for change in this department!

I'm confused, why is your petition approval delaying and/or impeding your home purchase???

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

"At best only 50% of the people involved in this process can even vote, so there is no incentive for lawmakers to do anything."

Right...and the beneficiaries are not...ergo the bolded statement is true.

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

A vast majority of VJers (including myself) agree that the process is unnecessarily slow & painful. Moreover the few times that I called USCIS I was completely disappointed with the level of customer service... they knew nothing more than what I did & gave the useless advice of "be patient". Several people have responded to this thread basically saying "there is nothing you can do" and that is because it pretty much reflects reality.

The best advice I can give you & others in this situation is to stay in contact with your significant other (either by phone, email, web cam or in person) & stay active in whatever you do on a daily basis (work, hobbies, etc). I spent a year in Iraq and I felt every day (vs being back home where days fly by) & this advice worked for me during both my year in Iraq & later on when I was waiting for my fiancee. Neither was easy but I got through both.

If in addition you want to write your senator, start a letter writing campaign or whatever by all means do so, but it will probably not yield any tangible results (but it might help keep you busy). Some day you will very likely look back at this & the "suck factor" will lessen with time. Good luck!

FamilyGuy_SavingPrivateBrian_v2f_72_1161823205-000.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
I am dissapointed in the way most people here are thinking. I see that the ones that had the shortest wait times desire the longest wait for others, which is kinda sad. Also I want to think of other people that will come after me. I would hate for them to go through even harder times and be separated from their loved ones even longer because I had the chance to draw some attention to this and I did nothing. I am at 3 months now and it looks like my NOA2 will be at least 6 months while a couple of years back it got done in under a month in most cases. I can't believe that we can't get it back to the way it was there, but if we just sit idle nothing will ever happen.

I worte to all the major tv networrks, and wrote letters to everyone I could. I am hoping maybe somewhere, someone will take the time to speak out. This is one of the reasons that government is taking control in this country instead of the power remaining with the people. It is because we decide to just sit back and do nothing. That is why we have representatives and not a communist system. If we continue to sit idle we will become one.

I want to thank those few that supported me and I wish there will be more that would contact everyone they know and maybe there is a small chance somewhere that we can make a change.

"I have read the ombudsman office report on the USCIS, They know about all the problems so write more letters to them will not fix it. I see they are working on new Immigration laws, but non are direct at US citizens, just green card holder that must way 8 to 10 years not 8 to 10 months to bring there family.

Even if congress make change that we all want, It still will take a year to become law."

This is not what I am talking about. Green card holders have no rights yet. They are not citizens of this country, they just got the priviledge to work here and stay here and later maybe become citizens. I am talking about us as citizens, we have the right for the government to work for us not us for the goverment. Remember: "We the people..."

I have yet to see the upper bolded in your post, i think your just upset and need to relax a bit and "read" what we adv you instead of reading only what you want to read.

we are not wishing longer waits, we are giving you factual waiting times.

yes a few yrs back VSC was a shorter wait...in SOME cases, not most as you have said. Again there were 3 service centers at that time as well as opposed to 2 now. the waiting for the approval in only the beginning, you will then have to wait to be sent to the NVC, and then the NVC has to send everything to the embassy in Bucharest, and then you have to do the medical and wait for the interview.

Edited by Sinergy

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

You are 3 months into a process which takes, normally, 6-8 months, THEN you wait for the NVC and consulate.

Yes, Obama will fix all, don't worry, but first he has to make our healthcare function the same way as USCIS and see if he can sell government made cars. Ask your fiance how that worked in Romania.

My point is that it should not take this long! there is no excuse for it.

Timeline:

K-1 Visa

04/09/09 : I-129F Sent to Vermont

04/10/09 : I-129F Received by USCIS

04/14/09 : NOA1

08/19/09 : NOA2

08/24/09 : NVC Received

08/25/09 : NVC Left

08/27/09 : Consulate received

08/28/09 : Packet 3

08/31/09 : Packet 3 sent

09/16/09 : Interview - Approved

09/21/09 : Trip to Dallas

I understand where you're going with this - I do. But USCIS is a department whose work benefits non USCs - that is who they serve, ultimately. Yes, the immigrants in their system likely have USC family members who will in some way benefit from (or, in some cases, be hurt by) their decisions. It sees itself that way, and I believe most government officials see it that way.

SA4userbar.jpg

Timeline

My point is that it should not take this long! there is no excuse for it.

Considering they recieve tens of thousands of petitions a month, its not going to be fast...it does come as recieved, and some cases are harder than others, and depends on where you are on the adjudicators desk. no one wants it to take this long or be seperated this long, but immigration is not easy.

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Ovi,

I know the process is very frustrating and you can't help thinking about how it is SO WRONG for everyone to wait this much...but a system is a system. I applied for my fiance through CSC last year in August, and we are STILL WAITING for the visa. We had to deal with two bureaucracies (US and UK) and are still waiting for the visa in hand, it is going to be a year of waiting by two weeks from now if the visa doesn't print by then. The only advice I can give is keep yourselves busy and make do with what you can--yes, your lives, finances, and health are being ruled by this system, but it is a choice you made to go through with it, and its tough but you need to keep yourself busy while the system takes its course. Right now, as others have mentioned, you are well within the processing time-frame. If it turns out that you go beyond the processing time frame and VSC is not giving you answers you like, get whoever you can involved as others have: Congressmen/Ombudsmen/Senators and hopefully they will be able to give you some answers. Other than that, its best not to think about making a change to something that REALLY CAN'T BE CHANGED.

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Timeline
Ovi,

I know the process is very frustrating and you can't help thinking about how it is SO WRONG for everyone to wait this much...but a system is a system. I applied for my fiance through CSC last year in August, and we are STILL WAITING for the visa. We had to deal with two bureaucracies (US and UK) and are still waiting for the visa in hand, it is going to be a year of waiting by two weeks from now if the visa doesn't print by then. The only advice I can give is keep yourselves busy and make do with what you can--yes, your lives, finances, and health are being ruled by this system, but it is a choice you made to go through with it, and its tough but you need to keep yourself busy while the system takes its course. Right now, as others have mentioned, you are well within the processing time-frame. If it turns out that you go beyond the processing time frame and VSC is not giving you answers you like, get whoever you can involved as others have: Congressmen/Ombudsmen/Senators and hopefully they will be able to give you some answers. Other than that, its best not to think about making a change to something that REALLY CAN'T BE CHANGED.

It can be changed, but it takes time...its not going to happen in a year or 2

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

im about two years into this process, i have tried everything to get our noa2 for our petition. writing to the government does nothing.

it seems to me that immigration is not touchable by any part of the government and answers only to its self.

for those of u just starting out waiting five or six months is not hard and u will receive ur noa2 pretty fast compared to those that got hit with the fee change

if u want to spend ur time writing to the government at least ur doing something that u hope will change the broken system, but plz do not be dishearten when u find in the end it only gave u something to do while u were waiting.

change will come in time but for any change in immigration there is a price to everyone..

sara

To the OP: If you were not ready to wait six months for your approval (which the USCIS states is the normal processing time) then you shouldn't have submitted a petition. There is no "right" to a speedy immigration process. Yes, its not fun waiting, but it is what it is.

Trust me, after you are united with your loved one, the bad feelings will quickly fade. I was stuck at the NVC for 50 days just a few monts ago ... Simply a distant memory now.

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2008-12-02

I-129F Receipt Notice : 2008-12-05

RFE: 2009-02-26

Approval Notice: 2009-03-13

NVC Received: 2009-03-23

Left NVC: 2009-05-12

Stuck at NVC 50 days

Interview: 2009-06-23 Passed!

Visa picked up: 2009-06-25

POE Detroit: 2009-07-04

Married: 2009-09-11

Filed for AOS: 2009-09-22

Biometrics taken: 2009-10-29

Advance Parole approved 2009-11-04

Employment Authorization approved 2009-11-04

AOS Appointment 2009-12-15

AOS Approved 2009-12-15

Green Card Received 2010-01-02

Filed for ROC: 2011-09-17

ROC approved 2012-03-21

Green Card Received 2012-03-26

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.