1,945 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We now have one person with an NOA1 date of 6/22 who received their NOA2 today. There's hope! Good luck to you Starlight!

AOS, EAD & AP sent: 4/9/10

NOA1: 4/19/10

Biometrics Appt: 5/26/10

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
We now have one person with an NOA1 date of 6/22 who received their NOA2 today. There's hope! Good luck to you Starlight!

Thank you! I don't know how well fridays are with approvals at CSC, but based on past they are good about approving on Fridays. Well, we will have to wait until tomorrow.

I was looking at that earlier *fingers crossed*. Hopefully we will see some July's in this next week or two. That would be awesome!

Good news this week, my wedding dress zipped all the way! woohoo! lol. Looks like no more money to come out of my pocket for fittings.........thats a load off my mind. And we finally found our wedding location. Living in Washington state gives you alot of choices, only problem is the rain. So I go between hoping the approval comes soon, but not to early to where it lands right in the middle of the rainy season here in Seattle. Im a wedding photographer so I have seen those beautiful outdoor weddings get rained out and man does that suck. Luckily we have a backup plan for a pretty gazebo that overlooks the pacific ocean. Right now we have the setting at Ruby Beach up the coast just south of Forks, wa. and ofcourse the Twilight extravaganza is going on........But anywho......we thought it was symbolic to get married at the beach since it was the pacific that seperated us for so long. I cant wait! (ok calming down now) :luv:

ROC

Date Sent : 06/07/2012

Date Received :06/09/2012

Check Cashed : 06/13/2012

NOA Date : 06/11/2012

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Greencard Received:

pwned_girl.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
All of you hang in there, and the approvals will come soon. I am trying, but I guess my assumption about approving RFE's very quickly was wrong. They are taking their sweet time with mine. Just when I thought things were getting better with CSC. Also, I hope you don't mind that I come here and post from time to time. It helps to vent with others who are waiting as well.

I'm cheering for you Starlight!! I hope you hear good news VERY VERY SOON!!!

On the Skype topic... yes, I need to install it. Probably this weekend. It costs me $.69 a minute on TMobile and him about $2 a minute on his UK cellphone. But he doesnt really like the idea of using Skype, so I wont tell him that its how Im talking to him.

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

Timeline

I was looking at that earlier *fingers crossed*. Hopefully we will see some July's in this next week or two. That would be awesome!

Good news this week, my wedding dress zipped all the way! woohoo! lol. Looks like no more money to come out of my pocket for fittings.........thats a load off my mind. And we finally found our wedding location. Living in Washington state gives you alot of choices, only problem is the rain. So I go between hoping the approval comes soon, but not to early to where it lands right in the middle of the rainy season here in Seattle. Im a wedding photographer so I have seen those beautiful outdoor weddings get rained out and man does that suck. Luckily we have a backup plan for a pretty gazebo that overlooks the pacific ocean. Right now we have the setting at Ruby Beach up the coast just south of Forks, wa. and ofcourse the Twilight extravaganza is going on........But anywho......we thought it was symbolic to get married at the beach since it was the pacific that seperated us for so long. I cant wait! (ok calming down now) :luv:

Awww... that broke my heart. Now that I read that about the ocean between us I'm feeling more :girlwerewolf2xn: about the whole process of waiting and not having anything I want at this point in time.

The last couple of years I have been thinking that IF I EVER got married I would want to do it on a beach, barefoot, wearing jeans. Totally private, noone we know around.. quiet and serene. :wub:

It's too bad that it looks like we will get married in January or February. Although I've decided to "plan" for it anyways and I am thinking about us taking off for a weekend, getting married in city hall in a more rural area, and then renting snowmobiles and staying at a semi-remote lodge. Really I have no clue what will really happen, but a girl can dream!!!!

As for the dress... I'm jealous that you can try yours on anytime you want! I bought a used Maggie Sottero in July when I was still skinny from 6 weeks of eating through a straw. Having the Fall semester start has not helped my waistline, but I know walking 30 minutes a day and cutting out soda can get me back into it. NO STRESS!!! :bonk: ARGH!!! :)

All of you hang in there, and the approvals will come soon. I am trying, but I guess my assumption about approving RFE's very quickly was wrong. They are taking their sweet time with mine. Just when I thought things were getting better with CSC. Also, I hope you don't mind that I come here and post from time to time. It helps to vent with others who are waiting as well.

On the Skype topic... yes, I need to install it. Probably this weekend. It costs me $.69 a minute on TMobile and him about $2 a minute on his UK cellphone. But he doesnt really like the idea of using Skype, so I wont tell him that its how Im talking to him.

I was actually the same way when Damo wanted me to use it for the first time. I can remember thinking, aww this is #######. But now i cant stand to hear him in only one ear. My digital headphones have spoiled me hearing his cute voice in both.

Skype is free if you call from computer to computer. Or you can create an account and put money on it (which is what i use to do). Here is the link to find out the rates per minute: http://www.skype.com/intl/en/allfeatures/callphones/

I believe its around $.25 a minute to call the UK. I have a friend that lives there and I call her quite frequently with my skype credit.

Its really easy to set up. I have been using it for 3 years now talking to him and its very dependable. They even have a tab for calling the test service in the window to check and see if your headphones and mic is set up correctly. Just always make sure to go into your tools/options menu and click on audio settings to make sure your correct headset is selected in the pull down menu. It wont recognize the headset if that isnt configured correctly.

ROC

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Greencard Received:

pwned_girl.gif

Timeline

I was actually the same way when Damo wanted me to use it for the first time. I can remember thinking, aww this is #######. But now i cant stand to hear him in only one ear. My digital headphones have spoiled me hearing his cute voice in both.

Skype is free if you call from computer to computer. Or you can create an account and put money on it (which is what i use to do). Here is the link to find out the rates per minute: http://www.skype.com/intl/en/allfeatures/callphones/

I believe its around $.25 a minute to call the UK. I have a friend that lives there and I call her quite frequently with my skype credit.

Its really easy to set up. I have been using it for 3 years now talking to him and its very dependable. They even have a tab for calling the test service in the window to check and see if your headphones and mic is set up correctly. Just always make sure to go into your tools/options menu and click on audio settings to make sure your correct headset is selected in the pull down menu. It wont recognize the headset if that isnt configured correctly.

What headset? Do you have to buy one off of skype.com or can you find something super affordable in a big box store?

What headset? Do you have to buy one off of skype.com or can you find something super affordable in a big box store?

I use Skype when I talk to Wade as well, seeing how I am calling to the US, I only pay 6 dollars a month and I can call all landlines PLUS cellphones :devil: You can use any normal headset, so yes, it doesn't have to be one from Skype. My headset breaks all the time and this time I refused to buy a new one.. I just taped it with scotch tape.. it looks AWEFUL, haha, but I just need it to last a little longer and then I will throw it away for good!

Good news this week, my wedding dress zipped all the way! woohoo! lol. Looks like no more money to come out of my pocket for fittings.........thats a load off my mind. And we finally found our wedding location. Living in Washington state gives you alot of choices, only problem is the rain. So I go between hoping the approval comes soon, but not to early to where it lands right in the middle of the rainy season here in Seattle. Im a wedding photographer so I have seen those beautiful outdoor weddings get rained out and man does that suck. Luckily we have a backup plan for a pretty gazebo that overlooks the pacific ocean. Right now we have the setting at Ruby Beach up the coast just south of Forks, wa. and ofcourse the Twilight extravaganza is going on........But anywho......we thought it was symbolic to get married at the beach since it was the pacific that seperated us for so long. I cant wait! (ok calming down now

That is so sweet, and not to mention such a big coincidence. Wade's also from Washington State, Olympia, and we decided to get married on the beach too. His mother thinks we are insane for wanting to get married on the beach in the middle of the winter, but I love the idea of it and I doubt the weather, or any other thing, will be able to make me cold that day anyway :wub: I wish I could try on my wedding dress as well, you're so lucky! I'll just have to be patient and wait until I get there, then I get to frolic around in the wedding stores, lol.

Have a wonderful friday everyone! Last day before the weekend kicks in, so let's hope CSC is fit for fight!

07.15.09 - Received NOA1

10.02.09 - Received NOA2 - So exciting!!

10.07.09 - Medical approved!

10.16.09 - Case left NVC

10.19.09 - Case delivered at consulate

10.21.09 - Package 3 received!

11.04.09 - Package 3 sent

11.25.09 - Interview APPROVED!

12.03.09 - Visa on hand!!

12.28.09 - POE in Seattle

02.13.10 - Our wedding day xD

12.14.12 - Mailed I-751 - Here we go again!

12.17.12 - Package delivered

12.20.12 - Received NOA 1 - dated 12.17.12

fqaVm8.png

Awww... that broke my heart. Now that I read that about the ocean between us I'm feeling more :girlwerewolf2xn: about the whole process of waiting and not having anything I want at this point in time.

The last couple of years I have been thinking that IF I EVER got married I would want to do it on a beach, barefoot, wearing jeans. Totally private, noone we know around.. quiet and serene. :wub:

It's too bad that it looks like we will get married in January or February. Although I've decided to "plan" for it anyways and I am thinking about us taking off for a weekend, getting married in city hall in a more rural area, and then renting snowmobiles and staying at a semi-remote lodge. Really I have no clue what will really happen, but a girl can dream!!!!

As for the dress... I'm jealous that you can try yours on anytime you want! I bought a used Maggie Sottero in July when I was still skinny from 6 weeks of eating through a straw. Having the Fall semester start has not helped my waistline, but I know walking 30 minutes a day and cutting out soda can get me back into it. NO STRESS!!! :bonk: ARGH!!! :)

I was in Seattle one saturday afternoon, and walked into a beautiful bridal boutique there called Cicada http://www.cicadabridal.com/. And hanging on the rack was the most amazing dress, it was the model dress for their summer line. Hardly ever do they sell a sample dress, but since it was out of season i got lucky. Yes it was a model dress, and im a mom of three. I havent seen a size 4 since i was 26, lol. But i have worked hard and low and behold it paid off this week, now i just have to keep it that way. :help:

If you need a wedding photographer, let me know! hehe...

They sell skype headphones at walmart for like 20 dollars, some cheaper. any headset will work though. even your ipod ear plugs will work through hooking them up to your computer speakers just have to have a mic.

ROC

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Greencard Received:

pwned_girl.gif

That is so sweet, and not to mention such a big coincidence. Wade's also from Washington State, Olympia, and we decided to get married on the beach too. His mother thinks we are insane for wanting to get married on the beach in the middle of the winter, but I love the idea of it and I doubt the weather, or any other thing, will be able to make me cold that day anyway :wub: I wish I could try on my wedding dress as well, you're so lucky! I'll just have to be patient and wait until I get there, then I get to frolic around in the wedding stores, lol.

Have a wonderful friday everyone! Last day before the weekend kicks in, so let's hope CSC is fit for fight!

Wow! I was in Olympia two weeks ago for a photo shoot! I only live 45 minutes from there! As stated before, if you need a wedding photographer let me know, they are stupid expensive here, and i have to say that im one of the best and also the cheapest around. lol! Plus you get a friend discount........ ;) Check this place out, it is our back up plan if the weather is to bad for Ruby Beach.....http://www.visitkalaloch.com/

We are going to be staying here for the wedding, Ruby Beach is only 15 minutes north of here. But its beautiful!

ROC

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Greencard Received:

pwned_girl.gif

hey all! i hope you are all good..

just on the skype topic.. it is cheaper to call the US from the UK. In fact it costs me 1.2p a minute where as sarah calling me costs something like 25c a minute! just a tip!! :-)

event.png

Wow! I was in Olympia two weeks ago for a photo shoot! I only live 45 minutes from there! As stated before, if you need a wedding photographer let me know, they are stupid expensive here, and i have to say that im one of the best and also the cheapest around. lol! Plus you get a friend discount........ ;) Check this place out, it is our back up plan if the weather is to bad for Ruby Beach.....http://www.visitkalaloch.com/

We are going to be staying here for the wedding, Ruby Beach is only 15 minutes north of here. But its beautiful!

I totally agree with you, the rates of the photographers that I found when doing a casual browse for them was pretty high. We're going to Ocean Shores for the wedding, and found a place where they arrange weddings on the beach. They also have an alternative solution should the weather be too bad, we can add a set of photos for 120 dollars as well through their photographer so I don't think that price is too bad?? Then again.. I am sort of clueless seeing how I am from Norway and everything is a lot more expensive over here. Wade is afraid I'll bring home mountains of food and stuff from the stores, thinking all the normal prices are actually discounts :devil:Look honey, I brought home 10 pounds of cheese! I'm sure it was on sale.

It's really nice of you to offer your services regarding the wedding pictures, you wouldn't happen to do family/children's portraits too? I'm going to look at your link now, lately I seem to be such a big sucker for all this wedding stuff :whistle:

07.15.09 - Received NOA1

10.02.09 - Received NOA2 - So exciting!!

10.07.09 - Medical approved!

10.16.09 - Case left NVC

10.19.09 - Case delivered at consulate

10.21.09 - Package 3 received!

11.04.09 - Package 3 sent

11.25.09 - Interview APPROVED!

12.03.09 - Visa on hand!!

12.28.09 - POE in Seattle

02.13.10 - Our wedding day xD

12.14.12 - Mailed I-751 - Here we go again!

12.17.12 - Package delivered

12.20.12 - Received NOA 1 - dated 12.17.12

fqaVm8.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

We love Skype. Webcams, mics and free computer to computer Skype are life savers in this situation. I don't know how we'd get through without it. We talk and hang out for hours. When it's free you can relax, chat, watch t.v. - anything to just have some sense of being together. It does help to give this wait some sense of normalcy.

On another note - I really, reeeeally wanted to see ten approvals with NOA2 dates of 10/1 on the top of Igor's last night. :( It's still a pathetic trickle of approvals. Junes like Star are going nuts, I know! this is for you, Star (L) hang in there.

September was the end of the fiscal year. So, obviously, CSC came to a screeching halt on the fast approvals almost literally on the day they would've reached for a July file. It's excruciating. But, as hard as it was to take, it made sense I guess. They had more than hit their quota of approvals and hit their timeline of approving cases at an average rate of 3 months. So they stop and let VSC catch up or something.

But NOWWWW... lol.... nowwwwww it is October. New fiscal year. Time for new approvals. If the email system is down and there are ten NOA2s in the mail, on there way to mailboxes as we speak, then fine. But, if not, then.... COME ON CSC!!!!!!!!!!

sorry. rant over. nancy out. ;):P B)

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-07

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-09

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-08

NVC Received: 2009-10-13

NVC Left : 2009-10-16

Consulate Received : 2009-10-19

Packet 3 Received : 2009-11-02

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-11-02

Packet 3 @ Embassy : 2009-11-06 (yay! only one more step, come on interview date!)

Medical : 2009-11-11

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2009-12-04

Interview Result: Approved!! Yaaaaaaaaay!!

Date K1 Visa Received: 2009-12-09

Date of Us Entry: 2009-12-15

Date of Wedding: 2010-01-16

502e43ccdf.png

I'm not sure if anyone else mentioned this in this thread already but on the subject of skype I have an unlimited plan with skype to call Ireland landlines for only $6 a month. Only other thing that is used is my minutes in my cell phone plan but it is a local number for me to call. Does not include to mobile numbers though. There are about 40 other countries to choose from also. It works out better than using skype on my pc because the sound doesn't cut out like it does when using the computer.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.