1,945 posts in this topic

wooohoooooo!!!!! just got back from the interview. i passed... 4.5 hours of sitting on my bum for the sake of 2 minutes of questions but who cares :-)

what a journey this has been! good luck to all the rest of you and happy new year!

event.png

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
wooohoooooo!!!!! just got back from the interview. i passed... 4.5 hours of sitting on my bum for the sake of 2 minutes of questions but who cares :-)

what a journey this has been! good luck to all the rest of you and happy new year!

CONGRATS SEANY!!! Dave sat there for over 4 hours as well. Then he caught the train back to Edinburgh via Glasgow and when they hit Preston they seemed to have lost the driver. He got home a few hours later than expected and had to wake up early for work. He says that he hates London. I dont blame him. ;)

Congrats to iowaseabee!!! Have you called the NVC and tracked the shipment and everything? Once it hits the embassy you can call DOS and track it using the number NVC gives you. It will be consulate specific, mine was LND2009xxxxxx for London. Hope your interview is scheduled soon. That was the hardest wait for me.

And to everyone else... Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! You all rock :D

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

CONGRATS SEANY!!! Dave sat there for over 4 hours as well. Then he caught the train back to Edinburgh via Glasgow and when they hit Preston they seemed to have lost the driver. He got home a few hours later than expected and had to wake up early for work. He says that he hates London. I dont blame him. ;)

Congrats to iowaseabee!!! Have you called the NVC and tracked the shipment and everything? Once it hits the embassy you can call DOS and track it using the number NVC gives you. It will be consulate specific, mine was LND2009xxxxxx for London. Hope your interview is scheduled soon. That was the hardest wait for me.

oh wow congrats!! nearly over now!

event.png

Congrats!! I am so happy for you guys, sorry to hear about the waiting but it's all worth it in the end! :D

Real soon you'll be on the way to the US as well, I hope you'll have a smooth journey over.. it'll be slightly longer than 4.5 hours of sitting on your bum though :devil:

Edited by Wade+Kristin

07.15.09 - Received NOA1

10.02.09 - Received NOA2 - So exciting!!

10.07.09 - Medical approved!

10.16.09 - Case left NVC

10.19.09 - Case delivered at consulate

10.21.09 - Package 3 received!

11.04.09 - Package 3 sent

11.25.09 - Interview APPROVED!

12.03.09 - Visa on hand!!

12.28.09 - POE in Seattle

02.13.10 - Our wedding day xD

12.14.12 - Mailed I-751 - Here we go again!

12.17.12 - Package delivered

12.20.12 - Received NOA 1 - dated 12.17.12

fqaVm8.png

Timeline
Congrats!! I am so happy for you guys, sorry to hear about the waiting but it's all worth it in the end! :D

Real soon you'll be on the way to the US as well, I hope you'll have a smooth journey over.. it'll be slightly longer than 4.5 hours of sitting on your bum though :devil:

Speaking of sitting on your bum.. Anyone know of any airline sales? I heard Virgin Atlantic was going on sale but it doesnt seem to have. One awesome thing I've been thinking about is UK to an eastern city like New York and Boston. THEN a $99 one way ticket from NYC or $154 from Boston.. courtesy Jet Blue!! Anyone else have any ideas about getting the tickets for cheap?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Cngrts :)

Timeline
Speaking of sitting on your bum.. Anyone know of any airline sales? I heard Virgin Atlantic was going on sale but it doesnt seem to have. One awesome thing I've been thinking about is UK to an eastern city like New York and Boston. THEN a $99 one way ticket from NYC or $154 from Boston.. courtesy Jet Blue!! Anyone else have any ideas about getting the tickets for cheap?

i got mine for $852 from New Delhi to Eugene. Try www.orbitz.com, they have some good deals in there

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

A little update from me ...

He's here ...but we have been having adjustment issues ...and great shock for him. He has been here for a week....and he had never been to the states before ...so I think he is going through all the emotions right now...stress, withdrawal, worried etc.

I'm hoping that the america i fell in love with will hit him hard soon....

How is everyone else doing???

Do you all remember when we had all just sent in the 129f app and we were waiting and waiting for our damn NOA2....and Jewel (Julie) would do her mathematical calculations and keep track of everyone's progress? We have come far haven't we.

Sentimental moment. :whistle:

Lifting Conditions Journey

Sent Package: 6/14/12

NOA1: 06/15/12

NOA2 Biometrics Appt Notification: 7/12/12

Text/email alert: address changed 1/29/13

Interview:

Approval Date: 1/30/12

AOS Journey:

Sent AOS package: 03/23/10

NOA1 (AOS, EAD, AP): 03/31/10

EAD Card received: 06/14/10

AP Received: 06/14/2010

INTERVIEW: 07/07/10 @ 8:20AM

Greencard: Approved! 07/07/10

07/14/2010: AOS Welcome Letter Received

07/15/2010: AOS TEXT/EMAIL Alert Received! Post Decision Activity

K1 Journey:

NOA1 7/16/09

NOA2: 11/19/09

Embassy received: 12/07/09

Interview: 12/21/09

AP: Approved :) 12/21/09

Visa Received: 12/23/09

US Entry: 12/28/09

Timeline
Do you all remember when we had all just sent in the 129f app and we were waiting and waiting for our damn NOA2....and Jewel (Julie) would do her mathematical calculations and keep track of everyone's progress? We have come far haven't we.

hahahahah.... the good old times. My fiance still hasn't decided when to come. But he has told me he can't leave his office until he makes sure life can go on without him. I hope he doesn't get a job with so much stress when he comes to the U.S. Too horrible!

Quick questions

now that we are planing to get married on 14th Feb 2010, is there any chance i can apply for EAD before wedding and if yes then what is the procedure?

I think you can definitely apply, but they charge you $330 or so. It is free if you wait until you file the AOS and send them in together. I did a little bit of research as my fiance is definitely like you Zahid and I feel so bad that he will sit around at home going crazy because he won't be able to work. One thing I found out was that some of the Local Service Centers.. yours is Seattle?.. allow you to make an Infopass appointment and apply for some things in person. It doesn't look like that form is on there, but it might be best to have an appointment and talk to them before you file.

Good luck!!!!

A little update from me ...

He's here ...but we have been having adjustment issues ...and great shock for him. He has been here for a week....and he had never been to the states before ...so I think he is going through all the emotions right now...stress, withdrawal, worried etc.

I'm hoping that the america i fell in love with will hit him hard soon....

How is everyone else doing???

Marie - how exciting that he is here!!! It will get better. He is going to have a major cultural shock -- that is just a given. Try to be patient with him and if possible keep him busy!!

For us ... we are still waiting on the package of documents that I mailed on DECEMBER 16,2009 to get to him. I'm very worried it has been lost -- frightened actually -- all of my personal information is in there!!! I mailed it via the USPS and I did pay for the extra insurance so do you think it could have gotten stuck in customs for this long???

Once he receives the package things are ready to go ... this waiting is torturous.

I'm so ready for all of this to be done. My family has been through so much the last couple months. We need him here.

~~~~~ sigh ~~~~~

Take Care,

Malarie

** The black ribbon I display in my display is for my son in law who was killed in Afganistan November 23,2009 **

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Congrats Seany!!!

I called NVC today and found out that it was forwarded to Frankfurt this morning!!

Timeline

Congrats to everyone on the progress and Happy New Year! I know I have been MIA for the past month, but all of you have been in my thoughts and I come by and read the threads to see how my adopted family is doing. I just did not want to come and share my bad news, and my whining. On the positive note we submitted the required documents this week, and now we just wait for the consulate to give us hopefully a positive answer and can get his visa. They even extended our petition, and I don't know if the letter I mailed them directly to the consulate helped us. Please keep us in your prayers so I too can reunite with my fiance soon. Missed you guys, but I am so happy to see that you all progressed so well.

Star

Edited by Starlight95

Timeline
So the interview was at 10 a.m. in London. I woke up at 6:45 my time and still hadn't heard anything even though it was 1:45 there. Dave's phone goes straight to voicemail. The night before he had told me the battery was low. I start freaking out.

So I called DOS and they couldn't tell me much. Couldn't say that the visa was issued. They were only able to say that the interview went well. I'm thinking AP or a missing document might be the case.. ask for the consulates phone number. The lady starts thinking I'm crazy and asks if I've spoken to him. I explain that his cell phone battery is dead and my internet at home isn't working.

I then sent a text to Marie even though it's not even 6 a.m. in California about my freaking out. I jump in the shower and when I get out he's tried to call and when I didn't answer he sent a text saying, 'Done ;-)'.

Everything is great and the visa should be here in 3-5 days. Right now he is in a 'wee irish bar' by the train station having a Guinness. God I love that man. :D

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!! :dance::dance:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.