1,945 posts in this topic

Great news.

Marina had her interview today in Frankfurt. APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

I will fly over in March and we will come back on the 24th.

Congrats!!!!

My fiance is in the consulate as I type this!!!!!

Crossing Fingers Crossing Fingers ....

Its been a haul so I'm hoping for an easy interview :) (its good to wish for things isnt it?)

Malarie

Edited by Malarie

** The black ribbon I display in my display is for my son in law who was killed in Afganistan November 23,2009 **

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats!!!!

My fiance is in the consulate as I type this!!!!!

Crossing Fingers Crossing Fingers ....

Its been a haul so I'm hoping for an easy interview :) (its good to wish for things isnt it?)

Malarie

OK so he was the very last person interviewed for the day and he said the agent told him - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

He left his passport and was told to return in 8 days to pick it up..... security checks????

I dont know if he was given a paper or not ... Kinda going crazy right about now!

I wanna happy dance really I do --- really really really I do .......... but dare it too soon?

Malarie

** The black ribbon I display in my display is for my son in law who was killed in Afganistan November 23,2009 **

OK so he was the very last person interviewed for the day and he said the agent told him - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

He left his passport and was told to return in 8 days to pick it up..... security checks????

I dont know if he was given a paper or not ... Kinda going crazy right about now!

I wanna happy dance really I do --- really really really I do .......... but dare it too soon?

Malarie

OK -- Well he wasnt given a 221g -- only a receipt to pick up the visa.

He was not asked to sign the DS156K (uh OHH???)

The agent told him when he returns for the visa he will also receive an envelope that should not be opened and is to be given when he enters the USA along with the Xray (good news!!).

I'm sure the 8 days is for security clearance ... what do y'all think?

Malarie

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
OK -- Well he wasnt given a 221g -- only a receipt to pick up the visa.

He was not asked to sign the DS156K (uh OHH???)

The agent told him when he returns for the visa he will also receive an envelope that should not be opened and is to be given when he enters the USA along with the Xray (good news!!).

I'm sure the 8 days is for security clearance ... what do y'all think?

Malarie

Congratulations:)

Hey everyone! Been a while since I have posted but I have been lurking hehe. Hope everyone is well. Been super busy here getting ready for Damo to come over. He gets here in a little over 3 weeks! We are getting married May 1st, I so cant wait for that. I cant believe I only have 3 more Friday nights without him. The trees are blooming here, so I'm excited by the time he gets here spring will be in full bloom and we can go on trips on the weekend and maybe it wont be raining all the time lol. Miss you guys!

Jules

ROC

Date Sent : 06/07/2012

Date Received :06/09/2012

Check Cashed : 06/13/2012

NOA Date : 06/11/2012

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Greencard Received:

pwned_girl.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Hi, probably nobody will care to read this post but I just want to update something! It's been a long time since I last posted anything here. I was struggling with the K1 visa thing, I waited for around 5 months to get approval then got stucked at USCIS for another two months, they didn't send the case to NVC but claimed they did. So, we were jerking around like a fool for a longgg timee. We filed for service requests, got congressman involved for a few times but things didn't work, still, Then at last we got a lawyer; he wrote letter to NVC, urging them to send message to USCIS. At last, finally, after two months of calling NVC and USCIS, the approved petition being sent!

I received my package 3 ONLY two weeks ago and have just received my package 4, about the interview date which is goign to fall at 1st April, 2010. April Fool! jeeze!! hope that it's not going to turn out to be some kind of joke! Wowww.. what a longggg journey........ You all are united with your beloved ones since long time agooo... I got NOA1 on 7th July, now only getting package 4... *sigh.. hopefully, things would be alright!

I wish all of you the best!! :) Good luck.

warmest regards,

Season :wacko:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline
Hi, probably nobody will care to read this post but I just want to update something! It's been a long time since I last posted anything here. I was struggling with the K1 visa thing, I waited for around 5 months to get approval then got stucked at USCIS for another two months, they didn't send the case to NVC but claimed they did. So, we were jerking around like a fool for a longgg timee. We filed for service requests, got congressman involved for a few times but things didn't work, still, Then at last we got a lawyer; he wrote letter to NVC, urging them to send message to USCIS. At last, finally, after two months of calling NVC and USCIS, the approved petition being sent!

I received my package 3 ONLY two weeks ago and have just received my package 4, about the interview date which is goign to fall at 1st April, 2010. April Fool! jeeze!! hope that it's not going to turn out to be some kind of joke! Wowww.. what a longggg journey........ You all are united with your beloved ones since long time agooo... I got NOA1 on 7th July, now only getting package 4... *sigh.. hopefully, things would be alright!

I wish all of you the best!! :) Good luck.

warmest regards,

Season :wacko:

Wow! You must have had incredible patience and faith to have come this far and now I hope nothing but the best for you and your loved one.

Good luck for the interview :)

Anwesha

K-1 Visa

11/03/09:I-129F sent to VSC

11/06/09:NOA1

03/02/10:NOA2 !!!

05/24/10:Interview!!-Approved!

POE: 28th June

AOS

07/20/2010: AOS sent

07/21/2010: Received at Chicago Lockbox

07/27/2010:text and email notifications received,cheque cashed!

07/30/2010:NOA1 received for EAD

08/02/2010:NOA1s for AOS/AP received

08/11/2010: AP touched

08/18/2010:I-485 transferred to CSC

08/19/2010:I-485 touched, 08/24: I-485 physically in CSC now,08/25 :I-485 touched

08/27/2010:put in service request with USCIS for Biometrics letter

09/08/2010:AP approved and EAD touched

09/11/2010:AP and EAD touched

09/14/2010:Biometrics walk-in successful (10/01/2010:Original biometrics appt)

09/13/2010:AP last touched

09/14/2010:EAD card production ordered and AOS touched

09/15/2010:EAD and AOS touched

09/20/2010:Received AP in the mail

09/24/2010:EAD in mail

10/13/2010:GC card production ordered

10/14 and 10/15: AOS touched

10/20/2010: GC received- Done with USCIS till June,2012

My humble blog:

http://songbird24.wordpress.com/

event.png

Timeline
Wow! You must have had incredible patience and faith to have come this far and now I hope nothing but the best for you and your loved one.

Good luck for the interview :)

Anwesha

Thanks, Anwesha! It's a long journey, and I am just doing step 1, then it took me almost a year! Sheesh! i can't imagine what is going to happen later, at AOS and what not! crazy. But, I know that there are alot of other people out there who have waited longer than me, so I guess I have to be thankful!

Thanks a lot Anwesha! Good Luck to you, too! :) you are sweet.

Season.

Thanks, Anwesha! It's a long journey, and I am just doing step 1, then it took me almost a year! Sheesh! i can't imagine what is going to happen later, at AOS and what not! crazy. But, I know that there are alot of other people out there who have waited longer than me, so I guess I have to be thankful!

Thanks a lot Anwesha! Good Luck to you, too! :) you are sweet.

Season.

The long wait will be worh it when your SO is with you.... and you are not the only one who is still waiting. I am too, but my fiance did have his interview already.

This waiting really sucks -- excuse my language

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
The long wait will be worh it when your SO is with you.... and you are not the only one who is still waiting. I am too, but my fiance did have his interview already.

This waiting really sucks -- excuse my language

Congrats to both of you. I am still watching this board and cheering you both on. The wait is worth it. It will be over for both of you SOON! Keep us updated!!!!

Right now Dave is finally 'home'. Probably playing Xbox as I type this. Can't wait until the man has a job. ;)

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

Timeline

Thanks Jewel,

Don't worry, he will get a job soon! At least you two are finally together now and can deal with the problem together. :) Nice!!

Thanks Malarie,

Well, yeah.. the wait sucks, sucks sooooo badddd.. But at least your SO had the interview already! and it was a good one! So, congratulation for the coming reunion. :)

Best of the luck!!

Season.

• 3 weeks later...

hey everyone.. hope everything is going well for you! just getting my things ready for my big move :-)

quick question though.. when you fly out do you need to update the ESTA online thing. Since I already have the Visa im thinking maybe not?

thanks.. getting excited now!

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Congrats to both of you. I am still watching this board and cheering you both on. The wait is worth it. It will be over for both of you SOON! Keep us updated!!!!

Right now Dave is finally 'home'. Probably playing Xbox as I type this. Can't wait until the man has a job. ;)

Hello

Remember us?

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing

Since winter here in Alaska is almost over Tamara will get to see some wildlife now

SENT NOA1 July 6,2009

Rec. NOA1 July 10,2009

Touched 10/02/2009

Recvd NOA2 10/07/2009

NVC RCVD 10/05/2009

NVC Shipped to Embassy 10/07/2009

Embassy Recvd 10/13/2009

Medical Exam 11/11/2009 Passed!!!!!!

Interview 11/12/2009 Granted Visa!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Hello

Remember us?

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing

Since winter here in Alaska is almost over Tamara will get to see some wildlife now

Have you filed AOS yet? Right now we are waiting and waiting some more. Dave thinks he likes DIY projects. He has never owned his own place so he has taken over my little condo and gotten the Home Depot bug. ARGH!!! One month of being married now. We'll see how month 2 goes. ;)

Some of the July haven't had the POE yet, which SUCKS.. Sounds like a few more of us July filers are getting married in the next month though. ;)

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello to all! It's been a while since I've posted as well. Everyone is seems to be at the "busy" stage of this process...or enjoying the reunion :) Adam POE'd 3/27 and made it into SLC the afternoon of 3/30. We had our civil ceremony to begin AOS paperwork 4/1. We felt April Fools Day appropriate for such service...you know...this whole process being a big joke and all :) Anyway, life is wonderful. I can't imagine being any happier. Sometimes when I awake in the middle of the night, I roll over and reach for him just to make sure he's really there. I love that my dreams of being with him have finally come true! I hope the rest of you feel the same sort of happiness as I do! Good luck to all, no matter the stage you are in in this process.

Now let's just hope EAD and AP comes through quickly! *fingers crossed*

AOS, EAD & AP sent: 4/9/10

NOA1: 4/19/10

Biometrics Appt: 5/26/10

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.