1,945 posts in this topic

Whatever the case of touching is going on, Im just glad that it finally got into someones hands for however long it was, someone looked at my paperwork. Makes it feel more real no matter the reason. I would never want an RFE, but if i got one atleast they freaking looked at my paperwork. lol. When it has to do with this type of process whatever the little nudge you get is a good nudge, means someone there is doing their job, whether they picked it up and put it right back down, i'm happy. Its almost like you can take a deep breath, cause you know there is a pulse. Atleast you know its not fallen off the desk and slipped somewhere where they cant find it or something, that would be my luck lol.

Also the fact that anything gets done in 15mins with the us government is laughable. My whole family works for the gov't, even my ex husband, and none of them get any kind of paperwork done that fast. There is way to much information to input, the government is notorious for making their workers do paperwork. Heck I use to be an EMT and the reports for one pickup alone we had to file was 45mins of filling out forms, i use to have about 3 hours of paperwork at the end of each shift i had to do.

ok thats all lol, sorry for the rant.

Jules

Edited by lyekka

ROC

Date Sent : 06/07/2012

Date Received :06/09/2012

Check Cashed : 06/13/2012

NOA Date : 06/11/2012

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Greencard Received:

pwned_girl.gif

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I'm just posting threads I've read with information on these topics, to try to share information and help. They were things I found interesting when I saw them.

I too think any movement at all or any touch is a good thing. Which is why I said exactly that at the end of my post.

Sorry. Was only trying to help.

Best of luck to everyone. Hope you all get approved very soon. And thank you to everyone who has been here to keep me sane with posts of encouragement during the last three months. :)

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-07

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-09

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-08

NVC Received: 2009-10-13

NVC Left : 2009-10-16

Consulate Received : 2009-10-19

Packet 3 Received : 2009-11-02

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-11-02

Packet 3 @ Embassy : 2009-11-06 (yay! only one more step, come on interview date!)

Medical : 2009-11-11

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2009-12-04

Interview Result: Approved!! Yaaaaaaaaay!!

Date K1 Visa Received: 2009-12-09

Date of Us Entry: 2009-12-15

Date of Wedding: 2010-01-16

502e43ccdf.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Thats exactly how I feel and why I'm excited...it acknowledges that they are look at our applications. I'm excited but at the same time very nervous. My situation, having had a visa approved before for my ex-wife, makes me nervous that I'll be put through a longer process. In any case, they've looked at my case and I hope whatever the outcome the ball keeps rolling and with some luck we'll be together for Christmas. That would be my dream.

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Moscow, Russia

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-09

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-13

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-02

Pkg Rec. By NVC : 2009-10-07

Pkg Left NVC : 2009-10-09

Rec by Moscow : 2009-10-13

Packet 3 Sent : Never Received

Interview Date : 2009-11-20 PASS!

POE : 2009-11-29

WEDDING : 2009-12-26!

I'm just posting threads I've read with information on these topics, to try to share information and help. They were things I found interesting when I saw them.

I too think any movement at all or any touch is a good thing. Which is why I said exactly that at the end of my post.

Best of luck to everyone. Hope you all get approved very soon. And thank you to everyone who has been here to keep me sane with posts of encouragement during the last three months. :)

Oh no! None of my ranting was targeted at you! I promise! Please dont think that. Was just me discussing what was said in the post the other girl/guy had written. You can never base your own experiences off what others say, or what they have gone through, everyones journey is different. Nothing is the same when you go through something like this. We are here for each other, to get through this hard time in our lives together. No one understands what we go through day in and day out like we all do here. I was very alone in all this until I found this group this week, and the last three days i have been here have been the best days emotionally I have had in months.

Im really sorry if i made you feel like it was directed at you.

ROC

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Greencard Received:

pwned_girl.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Oh no! None of my ranting was targeted at you! I promise! Please dont think that. Was just me discussing what was said in the post the other girl/guy had written. You can never base your own experiences off what others say, or what they have gone through, everyones journey is different. Nothing is the same when you go through something like this. We are here for each other, to get through this hard time in our lives together. No one understands what we go through day in and day out like we all do here. I was very alone in all this until I found this group this week, and the last three days i have been here have been the best days emotionally I have had in months.

Im really sorry if i made you feel like it was directed at you.

And get ready for my 2 cents.

And Marie says - (again for the millionth time) we all have become such a big old family!!!! We have good days and bad days and we share them..

for example - i was feeling such a high for most of the day and now i'm down again - bc it's the weekend!!!!! And I have to anxiously wait for monday and possible surprises on the weekend...

And if you really want me to get all pessimistic - I can add this to the mix - I'm petrified that my file will get thrown to the side and take forever bc i'm applying for someone from a middle eastern country!!!! :( :( This is one thing that scares me quite a bit.

That being said - How wonderful is October!!!! Woohoo.

and FYI- if it wasn't for you all and this forum in particular - I would really have gone insane by now. I mean that. Along with obsessively refreshing uscis and igor - I'm always lurking in this forum bc it is really my only forum to vent and to feel like i'm not alone.

So thank you... again. :blink:

Lifting Conditions Journey

Sent Package: 6/14/12

NOA1: 06/15/12

NOA2 Biometrics Appt Notification: 7/12/12

Text/email alert: address changed 1/29/13

Interview:

Approval Date: 1/30/12

AOS Journey:

Sent AOS package: 03/23/10

NOA1 (AOS, EAD, AP): 03/31/10

EAD Card received: 06/14/10

AP Received: 06/14/2010

INTERVIEW: 07/07/10 @ 8:20AM

Greencard: Approved! 07/07/10

07/14/2010: AOS Welcome Letter Received

07/15/2010: AOS TEXT/EMAIL Alert Received! Post Decision Activity

K1 Journey:

NOA1 7/16/09

NOA2: 11/19/09

Embassy received: 12/07/09

Interview: 12/21/09

AP: Approved :) 12/21/09

Visa Received: 12/23/09

US Entry: 12/28/09

And Marie says - (again for the millionth time) we all have become such a big old family!!!! We have good days and bad days and we share them..

for example - i was feeling such a high for most of the day and now i'm down again - bc it's the weekend!!!!! And I have to anxiously wait for monday and possible surprises on the weekend...

And if you really want me to get all pessimistic - I can add this to the mix - I'm petrified that my file will get thrown to the side and take forever bc i'm applying for someone from a middle eastern country!!!! :( :( This is one thing that scares me quite a bit.

and FYI- if it wasn't for you all and this forum in particular - I would really have gone insane by now. I mean that. Along with obsessively refreshing uscis and igor - I'm always lurking in this forum bc it is really my only forum to vent and to feel like i'm not alone.

Aww Marie no worries! It will all go through fine!

I noticed today when i reread the copies of my I-129f that i mistyped the dates on when we met. I put 2005 instead of 2006, I have been freaking out so bad today about that. I checked that thing over and over before i sent it, and when i saw i got the touch today i checked again and found that glitch. So my high was short lived cause now im worried.

Oh well. :bonk:

Edited by lyekka

ROC

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Greencard Received:

pwned_girl.gif

Timeline

I noticed today when i reread the copies of my I-129f that i mistyped the dates on when we met. I put 2005 instead of 2006, I have been freaking out so bad today about that. I checked that thing over and over before i sent it, and when i saw i got the touch today i checked again and found that glitch. So my high was short lived cause now im worried.

You are funny! But I think they focus on whether you guys met/saw each other in the past 2 years no?

Interview:

AOS Journey:

K1 Journey:

NOA1 7/16/09

You are funny! But I think they focus on whether you guys met/saw each other in the past 2 years no?

Yeah your right....Ok all good now lol

ROC

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Greencard Received:

pwned_girl.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You all brighten my day! I'm so excited for all of us. Even though I haven't been a part of this thread for very long, I enjoy everyone's posts. Speaking of middle eastern, I've been secretly paranoid that mine will take longer for the fact that even though my fiance is Canadian, his parents are originally from other countires. His mom is filipino and his father was born in India...back in the day...now the portion of India that he was born in is considered Pakistan, which we put on our application. Oh well...I know we'll make it somehow :)

Again...so happy for all the "touch" couples! Can't wait to hear more good news from everyone!

AOS, EAD & AP sent: 4/9/10

NOA1: 4/19/10

Biometrics Appt: 5/26/10

Timeline
You all brighten my day! I'm so excited for all of us. Even though I haven't been a part of this thread for very long, I enjoy everyone's posts. Speaking of middle eastern, I've been secretly paranoid that mine will take longer for the fact that even though my fiance is Canadian, his parents are originally from other countires. His mom is filipino and his father was born in India...back in the day...now the portion of India that he was born in is considered Pakistan, which we put on our application. Oh well...I know we'll make it somehow :)

Again...so happy for all the "touch" couples! Can't wait to hear more good news from everyone!

Funny how the closer we get in the process the more paranoid we get! (At least I know its true for me)

On a side note - where I work on fridays - they also have weddings in the same building...(Maybe I already shared this with most of you) so anyhow- I get off work like I usually do on fridays ...anywhere between 6.30 and 7.30pm - and usually I take breaks during the day and always peak at the wedding preps - where they will have a ceremony and party ... And all that - and then when I get off work (I'm on the 3rd floor) so ill sit by the window and watch the ceremony ...sometimes I cry - tears of happiness and probably tears of anticipation ....and I try to imagine how excited the couple must feel standing there and promising to love each other till the end ...

What's my point? Funny how things change - I always said I would never get married and growing up never planned for it or daydreamed about it - and now I feel myself day dreaming and imagining ...and wishing that it all works out and maybe I can soon have my little wedding ....

And how ironic that I get to crash people's wedding every friday night ...even my fiance reminds me every friday morning ... "Don't forget to watch the wedding" lol

Anyhow ....oh I miss him.

You guys have a great night/morning :) thanks for the company as always.

Interview:

AOS Journey:

K1 Journey:

NOA1 7/16/09

Funny how the closer we get in the process the more paranoid we get! (At least I know its true for me)

On a side note - where I work on fridays - they also have weddings in the same building...(Maybe I already shared this with most of you) so anyhow- I get off work like I usually do on fridays ...anywhere between 6.30 and 7.30pm - and usually I take breaks during the day and always peak at the wedding preps - where they will have a ceremony and party ... And all that - and then when I get off work (I'm on the 3rd floor) so ill sit by the window and watch the ceremony ...sometimes I cry - tears of happiness and probably tears of anticipation ....and I try to imagine how excited the couple must feel standing there and promising to love each other till the end ...

What's my point? Funny how things change - I always said I would never get married and growing up never planned for it or daydreamed about it - and now I feel myself day dreaming and imagining ...and wishing that it all works out and maybe I can soon have my little wedding ....

And how ironic that I get to crash people's wedding every friday night ...even my fiance reminds me every friday morning ... "Don't forget to watch the wedding" lol

Anyhow ....oh I miss him.

You guys have a great night/morning :) thanks for the company as always.

I completely understand where you are coming from. Being a wedding photographer sometimes is really hard on me. My summer has been filled with weddings, almost one every weekend that i have been having to shoot. And some days its ok, but mostly its really hard. Ive driven away from most of them breaking into tears because I desperately want that to be me and damo. Alot of the couples are truly wonderful people, but a few are the type of couple that you just want to scream at because they have no clue on how lucky they are, and I would like to take her bouquet of flowers and smack her upside the head and just scream its not fair! LOL....you have no clue how many times that has put a smile on my face during a ceremony, and helped me through it. :devil:

Im so glad to have you guys to chat with, have a great one!

Jules

ROC

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Greencard Received:

pwned_girl.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Though I'm not a wedding photographer, I feel the same pains when I see happy couples frolicking about or having romantic dinners. And more so, when I see couples taking each other for granted...I just want to shake them and shout (as you said), "Do you realize how LUCKY you are to be able to laugh and play and argue all day if you want?!"

It's hard to see love all around you when your own is across the ocean. And it's painful to see love squandered before your eyes.

In any case, I guess it's good medicine to keeps us attuned to how lucky we are to have found our other halves. Here's to showing them just how much we love them every day, for all days, when we can finally be together.

--Morgan

Timeline

Could not have said it better ....

I just can't wait to kiss him goodnight and kiss him good morning ...and all the craziness in between!!!

Interview:

AOS Journey:

K1 Journey:

NOA1 7/16/09

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.