eagles24

Wedding party

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hey ladies and gentlemen.

My NOA2 recently has been approved. While I just called the US embassy in Macedonia, they said today they just mailed some info to my fiancee. While, we are engaged, we already planned a while back for a wedding in 2 weeks. It will be a traditional wedding back in Europe, with music, guests and so on, but we will get married in court or in papers when she comes to the states.

So, should my fiancee take the pictures of the wedding to her interview (in September) and tell the embassy that we had a wedding party (or should i say ceremony)?

Thanks to visajourney.com I got all the info needed.

I just collected from NOA1 to NOA2, the tickets (no stubs, but from emails from the travel agency, forgot to save the stub tickets), phone bills, picture, paycheck stubs, letter confirmation from my jobs, affidavit of support, and bank statement.

Since I will be traveling there in 2 weeks, do those paycheck stubs and bank statement as of in 2 weeks be enough for her interview in Septmebter, or should I still send more paycheck stubs while I am back in the States until a week before her interview?

Thanks for understanding and your time and help.

-February 17th, 2009 I-129F application sent

-February 19th, 2009 I-129F arrived in Vermont

-February 26th, 2009 received NOA1

-June 30th, 2009 NOA2 approved

-July 29, 2009 Medical exam passed

-September 3, 2009 Interview passed!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My NOA2 recently has been approved. While I just called the US embassy in Macedonia, they said today they just mailed some info to my fiancee. While, we are engaged, we already planned a while back for a wedding in 2 weeks. It will be a traditional wedding back in Europe, with music, guests and so on, but we will get married in court or in papers when she comes to the states.

So, should my fiancee take the pictures of the wedding to her interview (in September) and tell the embassy that we had a wedding party (or should i say ceremony)?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Do not introduce evidence that could confuse the situation and make someone think you might actually be married

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Thanks to visajourney.com I got all the info needed.

I just collected from NOA1 to NOA2, the tickets (no stubs, but from emails from the travel agency, forgot to save the stub tickets), phone bills, picture, paycheck stubs, letter confirmation from my jobs, affidavit of support, and bank statement.

Since I will be traveling there in 2 weeks, do those paycheck stubs and bank statement as of in 2 weeks be enough for her interview in Septmebter, or should I still send more paycheck stubs while I am back in the States until a week before her interview?

Thanks for understanding and your time and help.

Don't Do That!!!! The K1 (fiancee) visa is for unmarried people ONLY! Tell her to leave the pictures at home. There is a very good chance she could be DENIED based on those pictures!! My fiancee wanted to do the same thing, have a ceremony in Bulgaria and a court wedding here. But the sad truth is that they can deny you just for having the ceremony. It's a risky situation. :(

Filed: Timeline

wow, and i thought she would get the visa quicker if we told them about the wedding ceremony and pictures

Thanks a lot for letting me know, I really appreciate it.

So, I guess only tickets, and take regular pictures again.

Thanks Shad & Dani, Payxibka, I wish you luck in your lives :D

-February 17th, 2009 I-129F application sent

-February 19th, 2009 I-129F arrived in Vermont

-February 26th, 2009 received NOA1

-June 30th, 2009 NOA2 approved

-July 29, 2009 Medical exam passed

-September 3, 2009 Interview passed!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
wow, and i thought she would get the visa quicker if we told them about the wedding ceremony and pictures

Thanks a lot for letting me know, I really appreciate it.

So, I guess only tickets, and take regular pictures again.

Thanks Shad & Dani, Payxibka, I wish you luck in your lives :D

No problem :) You might want to include emails and phone records as well if you have them. Take care!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

wait, a traditional wedding in Europe? Will you be legally married on that day?

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Do not have an officiant that has the power to marry.

When at the interview, the beneficiary cannot refer to the USC as their spouse. This has caused some VJ'ers denials. It's an easy slip when the wedding party takes place prior to visa issuance.

Have a party, have a great time, but don't do anything that could be construed as legally married.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.