one...two...tree

Hate Groups Are Infiltrating the Military, Group Asserts

90 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Can we stay on topic here? Yabasta and Charles - take a deep breath and let it go. It's obvious you're not winning any points with each other with all the insults. Try a little civility. :protest:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
A strong America is a vague statement. America does the attacking so maybe that would make America safe if it were not for those men and women who are sent out to kill around the globe. Naturally you are going to lose large numbers even if you have the biggest weapons. Again i should state that by America i refer to the state. Those rich men who take your taxes and burn them in order to kill people all over the world.

more blathering. next.

How exactly would they know that upon signing up? The fact that they don`t walk around killing all day is not an issue. The statement i made was that they are "attracted" by the job(as they see it). Trying to paint the army like a big scout camp is just silly.

because if you knew anything about the military enlistment procedures, one knows what job they will get when they sign up. duh! if you want to be say a computer repair person, you see if that is available. if you can pass the tests for it and there is an opening, you sign up for it. voila! and no one, other than you, tried to say it was a big scout camp.

Again i didn`t even do that. I did not speak of what the military was. the same problem you had in the other thread has cropped up again. You clearly do not have the intellect to actually read what i say and respond to that. You just sense somebody is not one of your kind so you get all defensive. Then you try and say i am somehow not a man because i am against killing babies and against torturing anybody. If i am playing with Barbie then i am Action Man getting it on and you are action man melting barbie over a naked flame.

yes, you did speak what the military was. small minded seems to be one of your frequent comments. so don't try to play that intellectually superior attitude cause it don't fly.

nothing wrong with being against killing babies and so on. but don't go insulting the people who keep this country free with your liberal rhetoric.

Well firstly i was talking about the American army adverts not the country or it`s people, that should be clear if you can read. I am sure you can read better than your replies make it seem.

So in summary you think i should stay in England away from my wife just because American Army adverts sell the army? How odd. For the record i dislike the English army too. So where can i live in your view?

Sadly for you i love America and have as much right to live there as you do. The Earth does not belong to you. You belong to the earth.

no, i did not say you should stay in england because of the american army advertisements. go read my previous post again, einstein. you should stay there because you seem to have an intense dislike for the usa, regardless of your so called love for it above.

the only ones who have put the draft to a vote were...the democrats.

if you think more people are joining the aryan nation, prove it. otherwise it's just trumpeting on your part and the sky is falling.

I am not a democrat dumb ###. Why would i need to prove an opinion? How does one go about proving an opinion? It is just common sense.

i did not say you were a democrat. i stated which political party put it to a vote. now go study your reading comprehension book.

and if it's common sense about the aryan nation et al joining the military, let's hear why it's "common sense" :lol:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
With all due respect to everyone here, I don't think it's necessarily wrong for Yabasta to make the claim that a job like the military attracts a certain kind of personality. That doesn't condemn the entire personnel, but it's stating a truth. We can say with a certain amount of truth that pedophiles seem to look for positions of leadership where they are around children such as teachers, clergymen, boyscout leaders, etc. Again, that doesn't condemn all teachers, clergymen or scout leaders - it merely states a truth and perhaps puts us on alert for deviant behavior.

Hey guys, remember this? Way back on page 2? I think this should settle it. I mean cmon, of COURSE the military is appealing to people who want to join for the violent aspects. And people with so-called noble motivations for joining the war effort in Iraq tend to come from the Right...sadly, an umbrella under which white supremacy falls. That's not a statement about everyone enlisted.... for example, my cousin believes that God has spoken to him and instructed him to enlist in the US army and that by serving in Iraq he will be directly serving Jesus Christ.... no comment about whether or not THAT is nuts... :whistle:

Filed: Timeline
I see you still can`t use quote tags for ######. I even explained it to you. How dumb are you?

Yeah, we all know that using quote tags correctly is a sign of intelligence. :rolleyes:

24vs7qp.jpg

21ch82r.gif

"In our attempt to make everybody happy, we make nobody happy. And we lose elections." - Democratic activist Janice Griffin

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Who wants pie?! :dance:

Sept 10 I-129F sent to TSC

Interview - February 13th APPROVED! day 152

April 6 - wedding date day 204

Aug 22 - AOS interview date day 101-total days 342

Sept 29 - green card arrives, done until June 2008 day 140-total days 381

June 30 - I-751 mailed total days 1025

March 9 - Removal of Conditions approved! total days 1277

because if you knew anything about the military enlistment procedures, one knows what job they will get when they sign up. duh! if you want to be say a computer repair person, you see if that is available. if you can pass the tests for it and there is an opening, you sign up for it. voila! and no one, other than you, tried to say it was a big scout camp.

Well glad you finally mastered quotes(once anyway).

Simply saying something is "blathering" fails in my mind to be a valid argument i`m afraid. So a small minded guy joins the army and if he signs up as a computer repair person he is told he will never use a gun as they are not helpful in fixing computers? Wow i never knew that.

yes, you did speak what the military was. small minded seems to be one of your frequent comments. so don't try to play that intellectually superior attitude cause it don't fly.

nothing wrong with being against killing babies and so on. but don't go insulting the people who keep this country free with your liberal rhetoric.

One more time. No last time i said a lot and this time i said certain people are attracted to the army. I did not say the army is this or that. Small minded is a comment i use when talking about small minded people yes and using a term a lot as you see it does not prove that i am inferior or something. I see you as an equal in human terms. Liberal rhetoric? what is this label me day? How have i insulted people who keep this country free? How is America free exactly? Proof?(as you would say)

no, i did not say you should stay in england because of the american army advertisements. go read my previous post again, einstein. you should stay there because you seem to have an intense dislike for the usa, regardless of your so called love for it above.

Well you quoted me talking about the American Army advert and said i should perhaps stay where i am. I can read thanks. So how does that translate to what you said above? why do you equate a dislike of the miltiary with a dislike of a country and it`s people?

i did not say you were a democrat. i stated which political party put it to a vote. now go study your reading comprehension book.

and if it's common sense about the aryan nation et al joining the military, let's hear why it's "common sense" :lol:

Yes i know what you said but why would you state that to me? What importance would such a statement have to me if i had nto even mentioned political parties. Fair enough if you did intend to imply that i were a democrat fair enough and i apologise for misunderstanding your point. I also apologise for calling you dumb but you have insulted me aswell. I know that is no excuse but it is a reason in this case.

As for common sense that the aryan nation would be attracted to joining the army i would point you at what the typical Aryan likes. Now you might want me to prove every little thing but i will go with common stereotype and hope you can accept this one. Your typical aryan will like to look tough(army) and will like to use guns(army), they dislike "foreigners" aswell so naturally as the army often shoot foreigners and chances are that America won`t go to war with Germany again it seems a perfect job for a nazi. I certainly can`t think of a better one.

Just think of the tattoo issue. If you have Adolf Hitler tattooed on your arm then i am thinking customer service in a Jewish area is a big no no. However bombing families abroad they could probably care less what is on your arm, they are more concerned with the bombs that you drop.

Yeah, we all know that using quote tags correctly is a sign of intelligence. :rolleyes:

basic intelligence yes, especially after i explained it real simply aswell. Once or twice is understandable but continually is just bad.

23rd February 2005 Married.

10th May 2005 I130 packet sent to TEXAS forwarded to Cali.

12th May 2005 NOA1 Received date.

14th May 2005 delivered at 4:34 am LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92607.

23rd May 2005 NOA1 notice date.

27th May 2005 NOA1 hits the mailbox.

13th August 2005 po po form mailed off with £10 cheque.

2nd September 2005 po po letter arrives.

3rd September a 4 week visit to GA assuming i get allowed in.

30th september 130 days on I130 and counting.

(Hopefully i finally get a wedding ring today too)

30th November NOA2 date. woohoo

January 2006 case arrives at NVC finally(not sure about exact date)

17th February 2006 IV bill mailed back

21st April case complete (sorry i have missed some dates of forms going back and forth)

2nd May case forwarded to Embassy in London

10th July 2006 visa interview 10.30 a.m.

clyde80b.gifmeandnikki.gif

http://www.corona-baster.org

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
:whistle:

:lol: Move over Frances...

I wanna watch the kids fight too! :whistle:

:reading:

K-1 Timeline

11-29-05: Mailed I-129F Petition to CSC

12-06-05: NOA1

03-02-06: NOA2

03-23-06: Interview Date May 16

05-17-06: K-1 Visa Issued

05-20-06: Arrived at POE, Honolulu

07-17-06: Married

AOS Timeline

08-14-06: Mailed I-485 to Chicago

08-24-06: NOA for I-485

09-08-06: Biometrics Appointment

09-25-06: I-485 transferred to CSC

09-28-06: I-485 received at CSC

10-18-06: AOS Approved

10-21-06: Approval notice mailed

10-23-06: Received "Welcome Letter"

10-27-06: Received 2 yr Green Card

I-751 Timeline

07-21-08: Mailed I-751 to VSC

07-25-08: NOA for I-751

08-27-08: Biometrics Appointment

02-25-09: I-751 transferred to CSC

04-17-09: I-751 Approved

06-22-09: Received 10 yr Green Card

N-400 Timeline

07-20-09: Mailed N-400 to Lewisville, TX

07-23-09: NOA for N-400

08-14-09: Biometrics Appointment

09-08-09: Interview Date Oct 07

10-30-09: Oath Ceremony

11-20-09: Received Passport!!!

The same way kids like to watch each other fight by any chance? :P

Anyway i am done with fighting as i have my interview to get ready for.

bye for now (L)

23rd February 2005 Married.

10th May 2005 I130 packet sent to TEXAS forwarded to Cali.

12th May 2005 NOA1 Received date.

14th May 2005 delivered at 4:34 am LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92607.

23rd May 2005 NOA1 notice date.

27th May 2005 NOA1 hits the mailbox.

13th August 2005 po po form mailed off with £10 cheque.

2nd September 2005 po po letter arrives.

3rd September a 4 week visit to GA assuming i get allowed in.

30th september 130 days on I130 and counting.

(Hopefully i finally get a wedding ring today too)

30th November NOA2 date. woohoo

January 2006 case arrives at NVC finally(not sure about exact date)

17th February 2006 IV bill mailed back

21st April case complete (sorry i have missed some dates of forms going back and forth)

2nd May case forwarded to Embassy in London

10th July 2006 visa interview 10.30 a.m.

clyde80b.gifmeandnikki.gif

http://www.corona-baster.org

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Well glad you finally mastered quotes(once anyway).

as i'm glad you finally spelled correctly :thumbs:

Simply saying something is "blathering" fails in my mind to be a valid argument i`m afraid. So a small minded guy joins the army and if he signs up as a computer repair person he is told he will never use a gun as they are not helpful in fixing computers? Wow i never knew that.

there you go with the small minded again. jeesh. do you ever quit?

nor did i state that someone repairing computers would not have to fire a weapon. now since you seem to have no clue whatsoever, i'll give you a class on it. no matter what skill you sign up for in the army, you will shoot the m-16a2 rifle in basic training.

i've heard the marines fire their individual rifles with more frequency than anyone, and the air force - one might fire their individual rifle only in basic training with no further requirement to do so again for 20 years.

now back to the army. after basic, other training, etc it was required that each soldier fire and qualify with their individual rifle at least once a year. medical personnel and chaplains had exemptions to this requirement.

so yes, you can wind up with someone who is a heavy equipment repairman who's main purpose in the military is to fix heavy equipement like bulldozers and so on. and they still have to fire their rifle and qualify with it at least once a year. does that make them a trained killer? not hardly.

One more time. No last time i said a lot and this time i said certain people are attracted to the army. I did not say the army is this or that. Small minded is a comment i use when talking about small minded people yes and using a term a lot as you see it does not prove that i am inferior or something. I see you as an equal in human terms. Liberal rhetoric? what is this label me day? How have i insulted people who keep this country free? How is America free exactly? Proof?(as you would say)

certain people. hmmm. is that like you people? as for how you've insulted people who keep this country free, i'm not going to lead you to water because you won't drink. nor will i explain to you how america is free. i really don't have the time for classroom instruction which you obviously need. i do recommend you try the local library, there is lots of reading for you to do.

Well you quoted me talking about the American Army advert and said i should perhaps stay where i am. I can read thanks. So how does that translate to what you said above? why do you equate a dislike of the miltiary with a dislike of a country and it`s people?

you made that mistake all on your own. no one else mentioned it but you. hmm, interesting eh?

so now you finally state you dislike the millitary! we are finally getting somewhere!

Yes i know what you said but why would you state that to me? What importance would such a statement have to me if i had nto even mentioned political parties. Fair enough if you did intend to imply that i were a democrat fair enough and i apologise for misunderstanding your point. I also apologise for calling you dumb but you have insulted me aswell. I know that is no excuse but it is a reason in this case.

the reason for stating who it was that brought such to a vote was so you'd be better informed. if you took that as me labeling you as a democrat you're completely wrong.

As for common sense that the aryan nation would be attracted to joining the army i would point you at what the typical Aryan likes. Now you might want me to prove every little thing but i will go with common stereotype and hope you can accept this one. Your typical aryan will like to look tough(army) and will like to use guns(army), they dislike "foreigners" aswell so naturally as the army often shoot foreigners and chances are that America won`t go to war with Germany again it seems a perfect job for a nazi. I certainly can`t think of a better one.

so now you are an expert in the aryan nation too, just like you were about the iq of the military?

Just think of the tattoo issue. If you have Adolf Hitler tattooed on your arm then i am thinking customer service in a Jewish area is a big no no. However bombing families abroad they could probably care less what is on your arm, they are more concerned with the bombs that you drop.

before you get too deep into this tattoo bit, i'd suggest you do some research on what kind of tattoos are permitted in the military and where they may be on the person ;)

basic intelligence yes, especially after i explained it real simply aswell. Once or twice is understandable but continually is just bad.

oh yes, shoot me for f'ing up a post once in a while. if you'll check my history i'm doing better. now is that all you got to complain about?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

"Ever since my youth -- when I watched WWII footage and saw how well-disciplined and sharply dressed the German forces were -- I have wanted to be a soldier," Fain said in a Winter 2004 interview with the National Alliance magazine Resistance. "Joining the American military was as close as I could get."

Having read 'The Rise And Fall Of The Third Reich' (and other books) I learned that there was a huge difference between Germany's professional soldiers and Nazis (the SS etc). They really didn't like each other. In fact, the Generals had a chance to oust Hitler but never acted.

Sad this kid doesn't 'really' know his history.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

On a tangential note:

Stalin's half-man, half-ape super-warriors

CHRIS STEPHEN AND ALLAN HALL

THE Soviet dictator Josef Stalin ordered the creation of Planet of the Apes-style warriors by crossing humans with apes, according to recently uncovered secret documents.

Moscow archives show that in the mid-1920s Russia's top animal breeding scientist, Ilya Ivanov, was ordered to turn his skills from horse and animal work to the quest for a super-warrior.

According to Moscow newspapers, Stalin told the scientist: "I want a new invincible human being, insensitive to pain, resistant and indifferent about the quality of food they eat."

In 1926 the Politburo in Moscow passed the request to the Academy of Science with the order to build a "living war machine". The order came at a time when the Soviet Union was embarked on a crusade to turn the world upside down, with social engineering seen as a partner to industrialisation: new cities, architecture, and a new egalitarian society were being created.

The Soviet authorities were struggling to rebuild the Red Army after bruising wars.

And there was intense pressure to find a new labour force, particularly one that would not complain, with Russia about to embark on its first Five-Year Plan for fast-track industrialisation.

Mr Ivanov was highly regarded. He had established his reputation under the Tsar when in 1901 he established the world's first centre for the artificial insemination of racehorses.

Mr Ivanov's ideas were music to the ears of Soviet planners and in 1926 he was dispatched to West Africa with $200,000 to conduct his first experiment in impregnating chimpanzees.

Meanwhile, a centre for the experiments was set up in Georgia - Stalin's birthplace - for the apes to be raised.

Mr Ivanov's experiments, unsurprisingly from what we now know, were a total failure. He returned to the Soviet Union, only to see experiments in Georgia to use monkey sperm in human volunteers similarly fail.

A final attempt to persuade a Cuban heiress to lend some of her monkeys for further experiments reached American ears, with the New York Times reporting on the story, and she dropped the idea amid the uproar.

Mr Ivanov was now in disgrace. His were not the only experiments going wrong: the plan to collectivise farms ended in the 1932 famine in which at least four million died.

For his expensive failure, he was sentenced to five years' jail, which was later commuted to five years' exile in the Central Asian republic of Kazakhstan in 1931. A year later he died, reportedly after falling sick while standing on a freezing railway platform.

Personally speaking, I don't agree with the constant assertion of the 'military' as being 'defenders of freedom' - just as much of a generalisation as saying that they're violent, unintelligent thugs (a claim that wasn't explicitly made here).

Keeping America Free? Keeping America rich more-like.... The freedom part is simply a euphemism.

Filed: Timeline

OMG as I'm reading this right now they're talking about this on the news!!! :huh: Makes sense though that the neo nazis and other racists would jump at the chance to kill people of other races outside of this country where it won't be punished as a hate crime.

While searching the net for ASVAB info I came across some sample questions... I found some real ones and some fakes ones....

First the fake ones... (disclaimer!!!! I am NOT saying everyone in the army/military/armed forces falls into this category I just thought they were a little funny when I ran across them)....

Sample questions from the ASVAB with correct answer in bold:

You come across a village of unarmed, peace-loving civilians, do you:

A: Rape the women and burn the babies?

B: Rape the babies and burn the women?

C: Rape and burn them all?

D: Win their hearts and minds by embracing their culture.

You are guarding a non-caucasian male suspected of ripping the tag off his mattress in a Muslim country. Do you:

A: Rape his wife and children?

B: Burn his peaceful village?

C: Give his Koran a pearl necklace (Or otherwise deface it. Be creative!)?

D: All of the above?

You discover that your barracks-mate is a homosexual. Do you:

A: Embrace his/her diversity?

B: Experiment with him/her to discover your true sexual nature?

C: Tell everyone he's #######, beat the ####### out of him and drum his un-God-fearin' a$$ out of the service? Yee-Haw!

D: Wear a rainbow ribbon on your uniform as a show of solidarity.

Ok now the real ones....

Sample ASVAB Test Questions

Q1. A magnet will attract

water.

a flower.

a cloth rag.

a nail.

Q2. If twelve workers are needed to run 4 machines, how many workers are needed to run 20?

Q3. The wind is variable today.

mild

shifting

steady

chilling

ASVAB website

Honestly those don't seem like hard questions... I would bet my 8 yr old son could get those no problem (if betting wasn't against my religion ;) )

hmmmmmmmmmmmm vj sheesh

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Other Timeline
OMG as I'm reading this right now they're talking about this on the news!!! :huh: Makes sense though that the neo nazis and other racists would jump at the chance to kill people of other races outside of this country where it won't be punished as a hate crime.

While searching the net for ASVAB info I came across some sample questions... I found some real ones and some fakes ones....

First the fake ones... (disclaimer!!!! I am NOT saying everyone in the army/military/armed forces falls into this category I just thought they were a little funny when I ran across them)....

Sample questions from the ASVAB with correct answer in bold:

You come across a village of unarmed, peace-loving civilians, do you:

A: Rape the women and burn the babies?

B: Rape the babies and burn the women?

C: Rape and burn them all?

D: Win their hearts and minds by embracing their culture.

You are guarding a non-caucasian male suspected of ripping the tag off his mattress in a Muslim country. Do you:

A: Rape his wife and children?

B: Burn his peaceful village?

C: Give his Koran a pearl necklace (Or otherwise deface it. Be creative!)?

D: All of the above?

You discover that your barracks-mate is a homosexual. Do you:

A: Embrace his/her diversity?

B: Experiment with him/her to discover your true sexual nature?

C: Tell everyone he's #######, beat the ####### out of him and drum his un-God-fearin' a$$ out of the service? Yee-Haw!

D: Wear a rainbow ribbon on your uniform as a show of solidarity.

Ok now the real ones....

Sample ASVAB Test Questions

Q1. A magnet will attract

water.

a flower.

a cloth rag.

a nail.

Q2. If twelve workers are needed to run 4 machines, how many workers are needed to run 20?

Q3. The wind is variable today.

mild

shifting

steady

chilling

ASVAB website

Honestly those don't seem like hard questions... I would bet my 8 yr old son could get those no problem (if betting wasn't against my religion ;) )

First of all, I find the first ones offensive. Second of all, the three sample questions are VERY easy, but the test gets harder towards the end.

The maximum score for the ASVAB is a 99. I scored a 97.

I just joined this thread, but I have an IQ of 135 and I enlisted in the Marines.

I will tell you a story. I entered the USMC Delayed Entry Program when I was 17. I graduated high school and earned a full-ride AFROTC scholarship, and thus opted for that. It paid 150,000 in tuition, room and board, and I was paid a monthy stipend to go to school and officer training. So basically I was going to a $20,000 a year school and GETTING PAID FOR IT. However, in the year I spent in the DEP, I met the best friends of my life. I spent a semester in officer school while my friends went to Parris Island and were deployed to Iraq, so I resigned my scholarship and enlisted in the Marines, because if my friends were going to the sandbox, I wanted to be there too, so I could make sure they came home safe. We called ourselves "the tripod," because without one leg, the other two would fall.

My two best friends are both back in the US safely now, and one is in Okinawa. I came from an upper-income white family, while they came from lower-middle class ones. One is white, and the other is black. They are my brothers, and anyone who says otherwise better be ready to fight. My best friend's (the black one) father is a barber in the inner city who was a mechanic in the army. He doesn't make a lot of money at all, but one day my car's cooling fan broke. When he found out about it, he canceled all of his appointments for the rest of the day, went to the local "Pull-a-Part" and fixed my vehicle in the 95 degree heat over a period of 6 hours.

My brothers call my parents "Mom and Dad" as I do theirs. Whenever I go back to my hometown, I visit my second and third parents and I am greeted with the embrace of my "mom and dad" and my 4 black sisters.

The point of all this is, I did not join the Marines to meet new, interesting cultures and kill them. I did not join the Marines for Bush or the Republican party, I joined the Marines for my brothers.

The military, especially the Marines, has a way of forming bonds of friendship that are SO strong, that they stay with you for life. My brothers and I have laughed together when we meet again year after year, and cried together when one of us got deployed and had to leave our respective girlfriends behind. We were spread over three continents, one of us in a warzone, and we still talked on three-way once a week. I talk to them now twice a week even though one is 8,000 miles away.

We went through hell together, earned eachothers respect, and then raised hell together.

One was "a rich white boy," one was a "thug in da hood" and one was a "cockblock"(dont ask), but we learned about where each of us had been, and we would all readily die for one another.

When I see my brothers, I do not see black or white.....I see Americans and Marines.

"Anyone who says the pen is mightier than the sword has obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
First of all, I find the first ones offensive. Second of all, the three sample questions are VERY easy, but the test gets harder towards the end.

Great story Robert. Unless someone has been in the military, and experienced the camaraderie, trials, and tribulations that military folks go through, they will never understand, and you can never make them understand.

It’s sad to see that all the good the Reagan administration did in building back up our military into a force not only to be feared, but also to be respected, has diminished over the years. Clinton’s farce of a presidency took its toll. I know what it was like when the military was looked down on, worse than some of the snide comments in this thread, and its sad to see that kind of mentality return.

Sure, there were guys that were told to join the military or go to jail, and there were plenty of “bad boys” that joined the military, but those were few and far between. Some of them, due to the structure of the military turned out to become fine upstanding citizens. There are some very bright and intelligent men and women that have, and are now, serving our nation. They should be given our praise, not insults, for without them, people might not have that kind of freedom.

I personally feel that everyone should do a tour in the military as that a little discipline in one’s life goes a long way.

I’m afraid the idea of serving one’s country proudly has been lost on some of the people here. There are those that build a nation and protect it, and those that go for the “free ride”.

K-1 Timeline

11-29-05: Mailed I-129F Petition to CSC

12-06-05: NOA1

03-02-06: NOA2

03-23-06: Interview Date May 16

05-17-06: K-1 Visa Issued

05-20-06: Arrived at POE, Honolulu

07-17-06: Married

AOS Timeline

08-14-06: Mailed I-485 to Chicago

08-24-06: NOA for I-485

09-08-06: Biometrics Appointment