thetreble

Bridezilla Update...(I think I'm OK posting this here...)

250 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I have seen women do 50,000 on their flowers.... it's pretty insane. It's like ####### do you think you're Jlo or something??

I remember at my wedding I told my florist I liked cala lilies a lot, not knowing much about them and she said: "Oh they tend to be expensive" and so I quickly said: "Okay I don't like them anymore"

:lol:

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
I have seen women do 50,000 on their flowers.... it's pretty insane. It's like ####### do you think you're Jlo or something??

I remember at my wedding I told my florist I liked cala lilies a lot, not knowing much about them and she said: "Oh they tend to be expensive" and so I quickly said: "Okay I don't like them anymore"

Nice! I didn't even have flowers, although in hindsght I wish I hadn't opted out of some things. We didn't have a lot of spare $$$, but we made it nice for our guests

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Nice! I didn't even have flowers, although in hindsght I wish I hadn't opted out of some things. We didn't have a lot of spare $$$, but we made it nice for our guests

Speaking of money on the wedding. Since I'm going through a divorce now, my friend told me it could be worse. His friend years back had a huge wedding with 100's of people, waiters for every table, gormet food, all the accessories (flowers and the like) a long stretch hummer limo etc. The marriage didn't even last a full year.

People really tend to go overboard to make a fairy tale wedding sometimes and thousdands for just flowers is insane, but people do it.

I'm thinking hell, I'm in the wrong job, I need to be a wedding planner or something...

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

treble, where can we send the "get well soon" cards to?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

I believe that those marriages don't always last partly because the person dreaming of a fairy tale gets let down. They have high expectations and after the clock strikes twelve they have a hard time going back to the pumpkin. :lol:

Also, a lot of women who are bridezillas, do tend to become a little depressed after their 'big day' because they have put so much of themselves into it for so long that they no longer know who they are or what to do.

I can only imagine how this woman is treating Amanda's poor BIL and how she'll continue to treat him for years to come. I really do feel for the guy.

treble, where can we send the "get well soon" cards to?

Omg! :lol:

As a JOKE and my mother is one of the most sarcastic people I have ever met, she gave me a "with sympathy" card for my wedding.

It was absolutely hilarious!

Donne moi une poptart!

Wow Amanda, that sounds like a day from hell at the wedding. Particularly for the groom! :lol: I'm sure your husband was exhausted as well. If nothing else you can keep us advised as to how long this marriage lasts! 100k for the wedding? Who's paying for it?? :wacko:

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm so sad for your BIL. It sounds like he realized right away that he'd made a huge mistake. I did that with my first marriage. Hopefully he'll do what he needs to and get out of there within the year!

October 2006- Met Taktyx playing the World of Warcraft

I-129F

September 26, 2007- I-129F Package sent by courier to CSC

September 28, 2007- Received at CSC

October 29, 2007- NOA1 hardcopy arrives!

February 5, 2008- NOA2!

April 23, 2008- Medical

April 22, 2008- Interview!

April 26, 2008- POE Edmonton

June 5, 2008- Legal wedding

October 11, 2008- Wedding ceremony with family

AOS

December 6, 2008- AOS package mailed

December 8, 2008- Package received

December 15, 2008- Check cashed! WOOHOO!

December 22, 2008- All 3 NOA1's received

January 5, 2009- I-485 transferred to CSC. Here's hoping for no interview!

January 14, 2009- Biometrics

February 23, 2009- EAD and AP received in the mail, dated Feb 14th.

April 23, 2009- Welcome to the United States Letter arrives. Card to follow.

June 1, 2009- GC received in mail. Approval date 04/09/09

Done with USCIS until 04/2011!

Timeline

He said to me after the wedding that he realizes "she needs a lot of improvement and she needs to grow as a person substantially..."

Maybe he should have worked out some of that improvement before the marriage? I mean we all have a lot to learn and we all have ways to grow our whole lives...but you can't improve on someone who is truly that mean and who clearly does not have a strong sense of family. Maybe you can..but I'm guessing it would be very hard.

As a note, I forgot to give him our card and cash at the wedding. I'm thinking about just keepin it! :lol:

In total it cost Jared and I about $1800.00 for everything.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

He said to me after the wedding that he realizes "she needs a lot of improvement and she needs to grow as a person substantially..."

Maybe he should have worked out some of that improvement before the marriage? I mean we all have a lot to learn and we all have ways to grow our whole lives...but you can't improve on someone who is truly that mean and who clearly does not have a strong sense of family. Maybe you can..but I'm guessing it would be very hard.

As a note, I forgot to give him our card and cash at the wedding. I'm thinking about just keepin it! :lol:

Keep that money and go bet it all on black in Atlantic City. If you win do it a few more times and boom, the wedding cost you nothing but a little bit of your soul over having to be involved in that travesty :)

My wife has been back since June 5, 2007. Now we're just livin' man, L I V I N :)

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

That's a problem. People don't really change. Minor issues they can generally modify, but overall, most people are heavily resistant to change. Even worse, if you try to force that change on them, they'll resent it and the entire plan could backfire, going so far as a messy divorce.

The bottom line? Know the person you're dating first. That's one area in which many of us have had an advantage over the "normal" couple who live in the same city. We've had to spend lots of time talking to our SO on the phone, online or wherever. We got to know them and knowing your partner is probably the single most important aspect of any relationship.

Timeline

That's a problem. People don't really change. Minor issues they can generally modify, but overall, most people are heavily resistant to change. Even worse, if you try to force that change on them, they'll resent it and the entire plan could backfire, going so far as a messy divorce.

The bottom line? Know the person you're dating first. That's one area in which many of us have had an advantage over the "normal" couple who live in the same city. We've had to spend lots of time talking to our SO on the phone, online or wherever. We got to know them and knowing your partner is probably the single most important aspect of any relationship.

I would agree that having some distance does make you have to actually talk about things, talk about what you want, whats bothering you etc etc. I feel bad for the people who think things will get all better once they are married, once they have kids, once their partner changes, because its so rare that the changes actually happen and then you are married with kids and going through a messy divorce. I pray your BIL figures this out before it gets to that point.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Timeline

I agree. We seem to all know our SO very well and that is why it seems our relationships on this board have been pretty successful thus far. I believe it is all down to the ridiculous amounts of communication we have to have throughout our long distance relationship.

I will support my brother in law in whatever he does because I truly care for him. I want him to be happy. And, I forgive her and will be there for her if she chooses to come back with her head bowed and truly is sorry. Do I believe a person like bridezilla could ever TRULY be sorry? No. But, I have enough faith in people I think to give them second chances and to try to "work" on things.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Timeline

If the stress of a wedding did this to her, please make sure she's on an ample amount of birth control or the stress of children just may make her spontaneously combust. :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
If the stress of a wedding did this to her, please make sure she's on an ample amount of birth control or the stress of children just may make her spontaneously combust. :lol:

If that does occur, make sure to catch it on video and upload it to YouTube. :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.