gsebia

K1 - California vs. Vermont

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

It seems that the Calif. Ctr is smokin through the NA02's. They are half way through march and Vermont just started Febuary (according to Igors list)..

is this typical ? or, is there certain times of the year that 1 center is ahead of the other ?

Gene and Keila (Peru)

Met Feb 26 2006

Engaged November 2008

NA01 - May 1, 2009

8 trips to Peru. Just returned agian in June and returned w/ maleria

Planniing 1 more trip (Hoepfully Novenber for Interview)

APPROVED, NOTHING COMPLICATE!!!!! GOOD LUCK.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

I am hoping they pick up the pace again. I am at VSC as well and when we applied people were getting aproved around 90 to 100 days. Now it is around 140 days. Sad =(

It does not seem to have any sense to it. I think it just depends on their workload and how they prioritise stuff. Like work visa and such get done faster because they are time sensitive. K-1's are not. They don't care that it is so terrible waiting for months to be with your loved one. Unfair, I know... But .... this is life.

Best of luck to you!

Timeline:

K-1 Visa

04/09/09 : I-129F Sent to Vermont

04/10/09 : I-129F Received by USCIS

04/14/09 : NOA1

08/19/09 : NOA2

08/24/09 : NVC Received

08/25/09 : NVC Left

08/27/09 : Consulate received

08/28/09 : Packet 3

08/31/09 : Packet 3 sent

09/16/09 : Interview - Approved

09/21/09 : Trip to Dallas

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I am hoping they pick up the pace again. I am at VSC as well and when we applied people were getting aproved around 90 to 100 days. Now it is around 140 days. Sad =(

It does not seem to have any sense to it. I think it just depends on their workload and how they prioritise stuff. Like work visa and such get done faster because they are time sensitive. K-1's are not. They don't care that it is so terrible waiting for months to be with your loved one. Unfair, I know... But .... this is life.

Best of luck to you!

:thumbs:

Very true!

Edited by Lu & Keith

"Pedis e obtereis"

OUR TIMELINE

05/28/2009 - I-129F Sent

06/02/2009 - NOA1

06/04/2009 - Check cashed

09/11/2009 - Touched!

09/11/2009 - NOA2 approved!!

09/14/2009 - Touched

09/16/2009 - NVC received

09/18/2009 - NVC left

09/22/2009 - Consulate received

10/02/2009 - Pkt 4 received

10/29/2009 - Medical - PASSED!!

11/10/2009 - Interview - APPROVED!

11/16/2009 - Visa received!

11/24/2009 - Arrived at the USA

12/08/2009 - Got married!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
It seems that the Calif. Ctr is smokin through the NA02's. They are half way through march and Vermont just started Febuary (according to Igors list)..

is this typical ? or, is there certain times of the year that 1 center is ahead of the other ?

Gene and Keila (Peru)

Met Feb 26 2006

Engaged November 2008

NA01 - May 1, 2009

Believe me I understand what you are going through.

I don't know what's going on with VSC, those guys are taking long and my fiance and I are dying inside!! We got the NOA1 on April 22.

I can't wait anymore, I'm also in Peru and he's in VA, we thought the visa was going to be granted around August but it seems like we were a little too optimistic. The last time he came was in May, and he's coming back for the interview, that would be the 9th visit.

It looks like our processing dates are very close to each other.

Any good or bad news you have, please let me know, I'm very anxious and our cases are surprinsingly similar, since ur fiancee is also in

Peru. This is my email kaycita1@gmail.com.

The best of lucks to both of you :thumbs::star: !!!

event.png

12/17/99 - We met in Peru.

01/07/00 - Relationship started.

06/03/08 - Got engaged.

04/17/09 - I-129F sent.

04/22/09 - NOA1.

08/25/09 - NOA2 yay!!!

10/15/09 - Interview date, Visa approved!

11/10/09 - Arrival to US.

12/01/09 - Got married.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well even with CSC ahead of VSC right now ... VSC is statistically still pumping out quite a more approvals on a weekly average compared to CSC ... this basically tells us VSC has a higher work load I would assume ... however the average daily approvals are really close to each other ... the past 3 months CSC has slowed down ALOT ... in january and febuary it seems they made a big push to try and catch up on the backlog ( I assume hired more adjudicators are shuffled some around from VSC or something ) but now it is slowly going the opposite direction again .... heck there was some Feb timelines I remember seeing who where together here in the US within 3 months of filing ... we have been waiting that long already just for our NOA2 ... I really wish they would come up with a more efficient way for this whole process ... for starters they need to put Family type visas in front of any other visa type IMO ... work type visas should not have priority over Family / spousal / fiance visas ... but that is my opinion I guess ... anyway I will stop with my little rant here hehe

http://cse.ssl.berkeley.edu/igor/vjdata/stats.aspx

Edited by SomedaySomehow

Met: November 05, 2008

Met in Cebu first time: March 27, 2009

Engaged: March 29, 2009

Filed K1 Fiance Visa : April 15, 2009

Fly to the US Finally: October 10, 2009

Married : November 07, 2009

Pregnant YAY : Baby due July 03, 2010 :)

File AOS/EAD/Travel: February 26, 2010

EAD/Travel approved: April 26, 2010

Our Baby Boy Born: June 24, 2010

AOS approved YAY! Green Card Received October 4, 2010

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

"Well even with CSC ahead of VSC right now ... VSC is statistically still pumping out quite a more approvals on a weekly average compared to CSC ... this basically tells us VSC has a higher work load I would assume"

Just looking at Igor's list, VSC has about 200 more applications than CSC on file. Let's hope the vacantion time in nearing an end and they will start getting some approvals going!

Timeline:

K-1 Visa

04/09/09 : I-129F Sent to Vermont

04/10/09 : I-129F Received by USCIS

04/14/09 : NOA1

08/19/09 : NOA2

08/24/09 : NVC Received

08/25/09 : NVC Left

08/27/09 : Consulate received

08/28/09 : Packet 3

08/31/09 : Packet 3 sent

09/16/09 : Interview - Approved

09/21/09 : Trip to Dallas

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

What makes no sense is despite making us wait that long and knowing it's a natural thing to want to see your SO/fiance/husband, they make it nearly impossible to visit them in the states while waiting due to the filing.

It's damn near sadistic.

The fact that the papers have been filed should be proof enough that things will be done legally and no shenanigans will occur. Why on earth would someone file a K1 or K3CR-1 and then elope in US and risk a permanent ban? That's idiotic. No one with half a brain cell who set their mind to doing things the legal way would do it so if anything, the mere existence of the petition should be a guarantee the beneficiary will go back to home country and complete it.

They should allow separated couples and families to visit each other during this process after making it so long and drawn out. The way things are now is just plain cruel to human nature.

Edited by Leo&Farah

N-400 Stuff:
07/02/16 : N-400 sent

07/11/16 : NOA1

07/28/16 : Biometrics

04/03/17: Interview (approved)

04/14/17: Judicial oath ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Gene and Keila (Peru)

Met Feb 26 2006

Engaged November 2008

NA01 - May 1, 2009

yeah, csc is pumpin' em out, we're at 6+ months and still no noa2.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
yeah, csc is pumpin' em out, we're at 6+ months and still no noa2.

Sorry to hear that. I know how you feel as it took 6.5 months to get my NOA2. I was able to hang out in the December and January filers threads to wish them best of luck & congratulations... but I can't find it in myself to go to the February/March threads to read about people way ahead of me in the process when I filed in December.

I agree with Leo & Farah that this is a bit sadistic.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.