bulaklak

More than a broken vows

30 posts in this topic

this thread is gay

Whats the point of that, to her it obviously is not "gay". Why not just shutie and let the people who are interested respond.

Edited by looking_up

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
Why is that ghey when you promised to each other during ceremony "for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health till death do us part" ?? :unsure::innocent:

Ummm... if you want to have a serious conversation on VJ you shouldnt try to do it in the OT section .... try somewhere else.... :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Was kind of an emotional day for us, we just don't recall our vows. Only thing our marriage certificate says with our names on it with our parents names, is:

"We hereby certify that the information provided is correct to the best of our knowledge and belief that we are free to marry under the laws of our state."

With our signatures directly below this statement. Nothing about until death do us part.

The date of the marriage and place, with the signature of the judge testifying that we were both in his presence with two witnesses of our choice.

Just seems like for better or for worse, until death do us part should be signed by both parties plus all the vows to make it a legal document. Plus they should throw in all the divorce state statues in case of marriage failure. But if they did that, doubt if too many people would get married. Especially the part of custody of the children where the court decides that, not the children, seen way too many guys get screwed by the courts giving away better than half his paycheck to a wild unfaithful b!tch.

USCIS requirements was only to prove a strong financial bond between the couple, nothing about faithfulness, adultery, or for better or for worse, definitely not until death do us part.

From my first marriage, can only say, no such thing as a Holy Spirit and if you have even the slightest doubt, don't do it. If you think that person is going to change, forget that too. It only gets worse.

Filed: Other Timeline
Why is that ghey when you promised to each other during ceremony "for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health till death do us part" ?? :unsure::innocent:

Ummm... if you want to have a serious conversation on VJ you shouldnt try to do it in the OT section .... try somewhere else.... :)

Thanks,I never know that this "off topic" is not meant for a serious discussion. since I already started this here I'd just let it be. it's up to the people whether they want to take it seriously or not.

"True Love is never associated with violence,deception,abuse ( emotional,physical or verbal) constant sacrifice for the good of only one person,jealousy,fear or mistrust"

------------------------------------------

National Domestic Violence Hotline

Help is available to callers 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Hotline advocates are available for victims and anyone calling on their behalf to provide crisis intervention, safety planning, information and referrals to agencies in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Assistance is available in English and Spanish with access to more than 170 languages through interpreter services. If you or someone you know is frightened about something in your relationship, please call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or TTY 1-800-787-3224.

this thread is gay

Whats the point of that, to her it obviously is not "gay". Why not just shutie and let the people who are interested respond.

have you read anything she writes? ok. let's have a serious conversation about this.....

this thread is gay

have you read anything she writes? ok. let's have a serious conversation about this.....

I know your being sarcastic but no I have not, I cant think of any of her posts.

I had a thread I started a while back and people kept chiming in and making similar comments, it was irritating because I was spending my time trying to get my point across and I had to read that.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Not everyone promises to marry until 'death do us part' either.

These words were defininately not what we said when my hubby and I got married.

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Perhaps "death" in this context refers to the death of the relationship itself.

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Timeline

LOL, that is getting way to philosophical for me. Best buddies I ever had were in the military, but a parting hand shake was most sufficient, maybe a quick hug, definitely not a kiss, and certainly no further than that. These were guys you shared a life and death situation with, somebody just had to introduce gays into this topic, maybe wishful thinking on their part.

One thing that really broke a guy from the close buddy clan is getting married, his responsibilities and dedication remained elsewhere, but special sympathy and some freeway was given to them since they did have a wife.

In a sense, like with an 18 year old entering into a life long contract, seems a bit far fetched, not even mature yet, even though they think they are. With the aid of the internet and the USCIS, new doors have been opened to seek your soulmate, all over the world, providing they have access to a computer. Still another limitation.

Timeline
The longer you wait to get married the less time you have to be married <-- sounds like a formula for a successful marriage.

We were invited to a wedding where the couple was dating for over ten years, I don't know, met the prospective groom for the first time, I don't even know why they decided to get married, just do not seem to get along with disputes in front of both my wife and me. Know another couple like that as well, but been living together for 15 years now, but with still no intention of getting married.

With immigration, you either get married within a time frame or forced to break up, like deportation of the alien spouse, that doesn't sound right either.

I dunno. I could get behind this wedding vow.

Priest: Do you, Ming the Merciless, Ruler of the Universe, take this Earthling, Dale Arden, to be your Empress of the hour?

Ming: Of the hour, yes

Priets: Do you promise to use her as you will?

Ming: Certainly

Priest: Not to blast her into space, um until you grow weary of her?

Ming: I do.

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

the operative segment from our ceremony includes the words "as long as you both shall live".

Expression Of Intent

Do you, Li, come of your own free will to this ceremony of marriage to wed Scott?

I do (Yang Li)

Do you, Scott, come of your own free will to this ceremony of marriage to wed Li?

I do (Scott)

It is into this shared relationship of marriage that Li and Scott come to be joined, each respecting the free will of another.

Li, do you take this man to be your wedded husband, to live together in lawful marriage? Will you love him, comfort him, honor and keep him? Will you forsake all others, cleaving only unto him, so long as you both shall live?

I do (Yang Li)

Scott, do you take this woman to be your wedded wife, to live together in lawful marriage? Will you love her, comfort her, honor and keep her? Will you forsake all others, cleaving only unto her, so long as you both shall live?

I do (Scott)

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
would something like this be better... :unsure:

Officiant to Bride: Do you promise to love, honor, cook for, clean up after, surrender your share of the blanket to, live with the flatulence of, relinquish the remote to and with the toilet seat after until infinity and beyond ?

Officiant to Groom: You have the right to remain silent, anything you say may be held against you, and you have the right to have an attorney present. You may kiss the bride.

Ha ha....... :thumbs:

Wow.....never thought of it like that.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

I don't wear a halo but I can say that when my ex asked for a divorce, I spent the next 2 years trying to mend our marriage. Before I went to visit anyone overseas, I asked her if there was any chance of us getting together again. Her answer is revealed in my present marital state.

It is possible for people to find out only in marriage, that they shouldn't be married. I don't think God or anyone wants two incompatible people that don't want to be together to be together.

On second thought, this thread is gay..... :devil: