justashooter

Crowd beats man after rescue of infant

29 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/regional/2009...ent_8402918.htm

CHENGDU: More than 100 people reportedly attacked a man after he threatened to jump from a high-rise window along with his two-year-old daughter in Sichuan province.

Hu Binjun, 34, had earlier hung his daughter out of his eighth-floor window for several minutes, according to witnesses.

0013729ece6b0bbfdb0621.jpg

"He deserved the beating because he was so inhumane to his own child," said a woman at the scene.

0013729ece6b0bbfdb0620.jpg

Firefighter Chen Long grabs a two-year-old girl from her father, Hu Binjun, who allegedly took drugs before attempting to commit suicide with his child by jumping from a window in Chengdu, Sichuan province, on Tuesday, July 7, 2009. [Asianewsphoto]

The incident happened at a residential building in eastern Chengdu on Tuesday at 8 am, reportedly after Hu had quarreled with his wife, Wang Xingxin, about his alleged drug use.

Chen Long, the leader of a team of firefighters sent to the scene, said he urged Hu to be calm in the interests of the child before deciding to try to snatch the girl by force.

"But when I slid from the ninth floor to the eighth, the man was alerted. He jumped into the bedroom but placed the baby upside down outside the window," Chen said.

Firefighters in the apartment diverted Hu's attention while Chen slid down to the eighth floor and rescued the baby.

"When the man jumped onto the windowsill and was about to jump off the building, I pushed the window and cops inside the bedroom were quick enough to capture him," Chen said.

When the man was taken out of the building, onlookers attacked him, despite the best efforts of about a dozen police officers.

Hu and Wang moved to Chengdu from Wanzhou in eastern Sichuan a month ago.

"We got married three years ago. My husband was very kind to me and our daughter," Wang said.

Hu, a former bus driver, is currently unemployed and started recently taking drugs, which led to quarrels, she said.

On Monday evening, Hu took drugs. Wang said she complained and told him he would eventually become mentally unbalanced.

The quarrel escalated on Tuesday morning, said a staff member with the building's property management section.

Wang said her husband became delusional after taking drugs and believed someone had threatened him with a gun.

0013729ece6b0bbfdb0623.jpg

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

Would you like this form of justice imported into America Mr Shooter?

Is it one facet of the Chinese way of life that you admire and would emulate?

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Why do Chinese firefighters where camouflage? Do they feel this gives them a tactical advantage over fires in the woods?

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

17-May -04 Divorce Final. I-129F submitted to USCIS

02-July -04 NOA1

30-Aug -04 NOA2 (Approved)

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

08-Oc t -04 Pack 3 received and sent

15-Dec -04 Pack 4 received.

24-Jan-05 Interview----------------Passed

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

06-Mar-05 ----Nicole is here!!EVERYBODY DANCE!

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

14-Nov-07 -10 year green card approved

12-Mar-09 Citizenship Oath Montebello, CA

May '04- Mar '09! The 5 year journey is complete!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Don't know if it is just the photo, but all i can see is her little leg looking very red & inflamed... :(

Animal... :angry:

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Poor baby girl.

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

No he's not an animal. He's a human being - albeit a mentally disturbed one.

Unfortunately mental illness causes people to do terrible things to themselves and others. Its not really a reflection on their character as much as of their state of mind in desperate circumstances.

Too few people understand how devastating mental illness can be to individuals and their families, so they end up writing the mentally ill as "evil".

It even says as much in the article.

"We got married three years ago. My husband was very kind to me and our daughter," Wang said.
Edited by Private Pike

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Ok, maybe animal is harsh...

But, he lost his job & starting taking drugs... that's different than your standard run of the mill mentally ill where a synapse breaks in your brain or some weird chemical imbalance occurs.

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Timeline

But, he lost his job & starting taking drugs... that's different than your standard run of the mill mentally ill where a synapse breaks in your brain or some weird chemical imbalance occurs.

No it isn't.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

No it isn't.

It is different because it is self-inflicted.

Scott - So. California, Lai - Hong Kong

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_chchk_2fagm.gif

Our timeline:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1032

Our Photos

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=7mj8fg...=0&y=x7fhak

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.j...z8zadq&Ux=1

Optimist: "The glass is half full."

Pessimist: "The glass is half empty."

Scott: "I didn't order this!!!"

"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." - Ruth 1:16

"Losing faith in Humanity, one person at a time."

"Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save." - Ps 146:3

cool.gif

IMG_6283c.jpg

Vicky >^..^< She came, she loved, and was loved. 1989-07/07/2007

Timeline

No it isn't.

It is different because it is self-inflicted.

One problem (cycle of depression from the loss of a job) feeds another (drug/alcohol abuse/addiction, self-harm/suicide attempts).

What point of distinction do you feel needs to be made - that its ok to demonise some poor sod who in bad circumstances did something stupid that he will later regret (if he doesn't already) and has likely ruined his life beyond repair?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
michael-jackson-dangling-baby-son1.jpg

I had the same image come to my head when I saw this article. Poor baby though, very tramatic.

Edited by 100% Al Ahly Fan

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
Why do Chinese firefighters where camouflage? Do they feel this gives them a tactical advantage over fires in the woods?

lots of non-military wear camo in china. it allows the chinese to give the impression that they actually have a sizeable army, when they're actually too broke to afford a real one. the chinese soldiers under stillwell got paid more than today's stick shakers, and had better equipment, too, once stillwell wrestled some of it away from shek. it was all american, anyway, so why shek had it remains a mystery to all who do not understand the chinese...

i was hoping someone would put up a pic of the jackass...

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg