swoozygirl

Making my first Visit to Pakistan

39 posts in this topic

I get what the OP is sayin....travelin alone to any foreign country takes a bit of balls imo. But the OP has to follow her heart and know what she is comfortable with...only she knows. Deano's right, the req's are now met, so she could file without going....
Which may also be cheaper (December is a known "clobbering time")--in fact, she could start filing right now.

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree..even in kazakhstan december fares are the highest

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Other Timeline

I think you should go to see his country before you marry. It will help you have a better understanding of him and his culture.

When I visited my husband, I had not only never been out of the US before, but I had not even flown. You just need to use common sense in the airports - stay in areas where you feel safe. Don't carry cash or valuables.

Edited by rebeccajo

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Salam,

I lived in Islamabad almost 2 years. While living there I never had any problems. I'm also planing on going there for my husbands interview , thou not exactly sure when it will be. Also if you like , I can give you my husbands cell # in case you run into any problems, he's a very good person. If you want , just im me on yahoo. I will get back to you. I can also tell you what to expect.

Take care

u9vmq44n58.gif

'It's not how much you give or what you say, it is how much love you give in what you do'

as1czXHFg2B1530MjEyODc2c3wwMDAyNDNsfFNpbmNlIHdlIHdlcmUgbWFycmllZA.gif

Salam,

I lived in Islamabad almost 2 years. While living there I never had any problems. I'm also planing on going there for my husbands interview , thou not exactly sure when it will be. Also if you like , I can give you my husbands cell # in case you run into any problems, he's a very good person. If you want , just im me on yahoo. I will get back to you. I can also tell you what to expect.

Take care

excellent ...and there you go sister...the information you need to clarify your decision

./...case closed...piss on the fire..call the hounds in..the hunt is over

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Timeline
I am thinking about going in December. But i am really nervous. I know i should just trust that he will meet me at the airport. It does not help that i would travel alone untill i get there. I Guess i would just like advice on how to calm my nerves? I am sure there has to be other couples that have gone and visited each others Countrys.

Hi. Well if it helps at all, I am an american living in Pakistan with my husband and his family. I have been here for a year now. It is just fine, your parents shouldnt be so worried, but I am a few hours from Islamabad. I am in Sialkot. Its not so bad but it is very difficult for you to go out or about alone, even if you are a national here. Let me know if you want to know anything else. I am currently here in Pakistan waiting for my husband's papers.

~Tara

Tara and Ali - Married 01/25/2009

Alhamdulillah!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

My husband and I have family in Pakistan, which have been harrassing us on a daily basis to visit. My concern more then anything is with the terrorism factor. The U.S. Dept. of State warns Americans to not travel there for "non-essential" travel. Although our family says, "just come...all is well" my husband and I decided to wait until next year. Anyhow, if you are concerned about that I would say meet is a different country if possible. Anyhow, good luck!

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Dont let anyone know anything about you on the airplane, who you are or where your staaying,keep flight sched a secret as well. !! I lucked out my BIL works at ISL airport, got me off plane and into vip screening area. Keep low prof in public and dont get a crowd going in the neighborhoods either. His famioly will do a good job taking care of you. Pakistanis are very hospitable and protective families. Enjoy. Its hot there now, head up to Muree for a few days. Terrorism factor is part of life there, There is much security in the cities esp Islamabad. eDont worry about the guy at the gas station with the shot gun standing behind the car. You wont see many americans (prob none at all) and very few british. I keep head covered , went out shopping daily though(cant keep good woman down) and stayed away from the man in the ralph loren and raybans (husband lol) walked with SILS and BILS Salwar Kameez.

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thialand was more scarier!!!! esp BangKok WOWza!!!???? Carazi mean, drunk mofos everywhere!! Pakistanis very hospitible and polite and helpful.

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

Thialand was more scarier!!!! esp BangKok WOWza!!!???? Carazi mean, drunk mofos everywhere!! Pakistanis very hospitible and polite and helpful.

Thailand is one of the most foreign friendly countries known to earth.

“Acquire the spirit of peace, and a thousand souls around you will be saved.” - Saint Seraphim of Sarov

49893.gif

"The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?” - Pablo Casals

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
I had gone twice to see him and a third time to attend my bros wedding. Where in Pakistan are you going?

I would be going to Islamabad. He is studying there.

What was your first visit like? Sorry if its too personal than feel free not to answer question.

I was 5 months old when my parents came to the US and I had never been anywhere overseas except for Germany. I went to Peshawar, where you had to cover up head to toe. We did travel to Islamabad for two days and let me tell you, the differences are astonishing. In Islamabad, women walk around more freely and you see people from all over...well not all over but I mean you see non-pakis there. It is going to be a different experience but it is certainly fun. May I ask, what nationality are you? The reason I ask is that it was easier for me to "blend" in because I am from Afghanistan and their are a lot of Afghans who live there.

Filed: Other Timeline
I get what the OP is sayin....travelin alone to any foreign country takes a bit of balls imo. But the OP has to follow her heart and know what she is comfortable with...only she knows. Deano's right, the req's are now met, so she could file without going....

Thank you !!! I am going to Pakistan!! I am excited i have told my family today!

Filed: Timeline

Don't worry you will be fine , especially going to Islamabad. I went to Peshawar last November and nothing happened to me and I am a girl with white skin light hair blue eyes. After that we went to the bus depot and got on a daewoo bus and traveled to Lahore. Everyone was very nice and hospitible. I am sure you will have no problem.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Yes, there are loads of couples that have visited each others country.

Are you concerned you will go all the way there and he won't be there to meet you?

It's Pakistan... not the safest place in the world.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Timeline

hey,

i too am a USC living in pakistan for the past 2.5 years now. i initially came on a visit and ended up getting married and now waiting for his papers to process so we can go 'together'. Nobody can stop you from going back to the US at any given point.

Surely ISL is a beautiful city. I have been here for 2 years now. There are many foreign nationals in this city, so you wont be alone. Recently, security has been a really high priority and you will see barriers all over the town. Definately nothing to worry about, it will be a memorable trip for sure.

feel free to contact me while you are here if you wish

.png