5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi VJ folks,

I have my AOS interview scheduled for 17th August, which is a bit earlier than I expected. I will be moving to a new apartment beginning Aug. 1st, so should I submit AR-11 and update my address with USCIS?

Also, I don't have a lot of evidence to prove our marriage. I was planning on bringing the following to the interview:

--Letter from my room-mate stating that my wife and I were living together in his apartment since the lease, as well as all utilities, are only in his name.

--Joint bank account statement (just one)

--Joint credit card accounts (two)

--Joint car insurance plan

--My wife's SSN as well as Driver's license showing our current address

--Photos (I can provide lots of them, with my as well as her family)

--Phone call records

--Copies of email correspondence.

Do you think this should be good enough? Please provide your insight as I am beginning to get nervous now:( Thanks!

Edited by akki

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Moved at OPs request to more appropriate forum

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Hi VJ folks,

I have my AOS interview scheduled for 17th August, which is a bit earlier than I expected. I will be moving to a new apartment beginning Aug. 1st, so should I submit AR-11 and update my address with USCIS?

Also, I don't have a lot of evidence to prove our marriage. I was planning on bringing the following to the interview:

--Letter from my room-mate stating that my wife and I were living together in his apartment since the lease, as well as all utilities, are only in his name.

--Joint bank account statement (just one)

--Joint credit card accounts (two)

--Joint car insurance plan

--My wife's SSN as well as Driver's license showing our current address

--Photos (I can provide lots of them, with my as well as her family)

--Phone call records

--Copies of email correspondence.

Do you think this should be good enough? Please provide your insight as I am beginning to get nervous now:( Thanks!

We didn't have nearly near that amount of evidence and we were approved, however we have been married for almost 4 years. Not sure how long you have been together. Just take as much a you have and you should be ok.

Married my US citizen husband on 10th February 2006, moved to USA in October 2008, Green Cards approved 6th July 2009.

3388285793_f01ce7f8d9_m.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Submit the change of address Application as soon as possible. Just take whatever you can gather, that can prove a bonafide marriage and be yourselves. Good Luck.

IR5 For Parent

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

wow you have so many evidence to prove your marriage!!! What else do you think they may ask for? Don't worry, these are great! :thumbs: good luck!

I'm counting the seconds...

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : United Arab Emirates

I-129F Sent : 2009-04-27

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-05-04

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-08-07

NVC Received : 2009-08-10

NVC Left : 2009-08-14

Consulate Received : 2009-08-17

Packet 3 & 4 Received : 2009-09-20

Interview Date : 2009-12-21

Rescheduled the date to: 2010-01-24

Interview Result :put on an AP

Visa Approved: 2010-02-11

Visa Received :2010-03-16

US Entry : 2010-03-18

Marriage : 2010-05-25

CHECK MY TIME LINE FOR REST OF INFO.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.