ChinaQuest52

About to send I-130 package, but have several questions

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hello to all the great folks here.

I am about to send our I-130 package and have a couple of questions. I am second guessing myself on adding a sheet where I address some of the "red flag" questions that may come up. In my research I have read that the Consular Officer can only reject an approved Petition based on "is substantial evidence relevant to petition validity not previously considered by DHS". Specifically I attached a sheet trying to defuse three issues mentioned as "red flags". I addressed our short courtship which was 7 months, the short time between my arrival in China and our wedding, and lastly the communications and language issues (she speaks fair English and my Chinese is pitiful but we understand each other).

My question on this is AM I LIKELY TO CAUSE MYSELF MORE PROBLEMS by adding this to the package?

The other question is regarding the package, I just want confirmation that I am not missing anything.

1. Petitioner addresses potential questions.

2. Completed and signed form I-130.

3. Continuation sheet for I-130.

4. Check for I-130 filing fee.

5. Completed and signed form G-325A and photograph (petitioner).

6. Continuation sheet for petitioners G-325A.

7. Completed and signed form G-325A and photograph (beneficiary).

8. Continuation sheet for beneficiary G-325A.

9. Copy of my U.S Passport to prove U.S citizenship.

10. Copy of my birth certificate front and back.

11. Copy of our marriage certificate, translated and notarized.

12. Copy of divorce decree of petitioner.

13. Copy of divorce decree of beneficiary, translated and notarized.

14. Copy of beneficiary’s birth certificate translated and notarized.

15. Copy of passport pages of beneficiary as evidence of citizenship in P.R.C.

16. Evidence of relationship:

a. Evidence of travel to and in China. (boarding passes and baggage claim stubs receipts etc.)

b. Photos of us together along with family and friends. (Sending about 40 with 200 backup she will take to interview)

b. Evidence of efforts to combine finances. Unsuccessful but I have emails stating I can not, but she has two new credit cards!

c. Copies of affidavits sworn to and affirmed by third parties having personal knowledge of our bonafide marriage.

d. Evidence of gifts sent (Receipts and pictures).

e. Evidence of continuing communication in the form of email, phone calls, chat, and video chats.

about 40 emails with several hundred she will take to the interview, phone log showing about 100 phone calls and about 50 pages of

chat transcripts.[/size]

Sorry about the long post but I'm nervous about this and don't want to miss anything. I thought about having an attorney look over our package but he wanted $1,000 to look at it. I think that is just too much for a couple hours of work.

Thanks in advance for your comments and suggestions.

Edited by ChinaQuest52

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profil...l=&id=69458

What does not kill us will piss us off immeasurably!

Filed: Timeline

Damn dude looks like you pissed off the VJ crowd. Nobody wanna answer a simple question.... Sounds like you got most of it covered. I ain't sure about the answerto the silly red flag stuff... where did you come up with that stuff???

Hope it all works for you, sure you wanna have the lady with you soon. Best of luck.

Bonehead

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

really I wouldn't include the stuff about the red flags, as I think it would just raise eyebrows. Just send in the proofs, chats n stuff, pictures. Don't give immigration more info than they need. If for some reason they request more info, dont worry, they will let u know. Til then, looks like u have everything, just my advise, dont send the red flag stuff...oh and good move not hiring a lawyer, biggest waste of $850 I ever spent in my life...good luck

USCIS STAGE

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

Marriage : 2008-11-11

I-130 Sent : 2008-12-18

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-12-23

I-130 Approved : 2009-04-23

NOA2 Hard Copy: 2009-04-27

NVC STAGE

NVC Received : 2009-5-5

Case # Assigned: 2009-5-6

Received DS-230 / I-864 Bill : e-mail received 2009-5-20

Pay I-864 Bill : 2009-6-2

Return Completed I-864 : 2009-07-10

Return Completed DS-230 : 2009-07-10

Receive IV Bill : 2009-5-20

Pay IV Bill : 2009-6-2

RFE: 2009-7-22

Returned Missing Docs: 2009-7-27

NVC Resumes Processing: 2009-7-30

Case Completed at NVC :2009-8-7

Embassy Stage

Flight to Pakistan: 2009-9-30

Medical: 2009-10-05

Interview: 2009-10-20

AP Start: 2009-10-20

Back to States alone :'( 2010-2-17

AP Done: 2010-2-23

POE:

b7evpzub78.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I would not send in the originals.

Maybe the photocopies

take the originals with you to the interview.

if you wish you can attach the copies however it is not necessary to sent to USCIS...maybe a few photos, and a little back up

its more vital at the interview

.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I agree, do not send originals, send photocopies.

Also, you will need 4 copies of the g-325 for you and 4 copies for the beneficiary, all with original signatures.

50 pages of chat transcripts? 40 e-mails? To me that is a little much. A simple, well complied file will make it easier on the adjudicator.

As for your red flags, if it makes you feel better then include it, but I think it is a little much. You might be raising eyebrows unnecessairly.

Good luck.

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Hello to all the great folks here.

I am about to send our I-130 package and have a couple of questions. I am second guessing myself on adding a sheet where I address some of the "red flag" questions that may come up. In my research I have read that the Consular Officer can only reject an approved Petition based on "is substantial evidence relevant to petition validity not previously considered by DHS". Specifically I attached a sheet trying to defuse three issues mentioned as "red flags". I addressed our short courtship which was 7 months, the short time between my arrival in China and our wedding, and lastly the communications and language issues (she speaks fair English and my Chinese is pitiful but we understand each other).

My question on this is AM I LIKELY TO CAUSE MYSELF MORE PROBLEMS by adding this to the package?

The other question is regarding the package, I just want confirmation that I am not missing anything.

1. Petitioner addresses potential questions.

2. Completed and signed form I-130.

3. Continuation sheet for I-130.

4. Check for I-130 filing fee.

5. Completed and signed form G-325A and photograph (petitioner).

6. Continuation sheet for petitioners G-325A.

7. Completed and signed form G-325A and photograph (beneficiary).

8. Continuation sheet for beneficiary G-325A.

9. Copy of my U.S Passport to prove U.S citizenship.

10. Copy of my birth certificate front and back.

11. Copy of our marriage certificate, translated and notarized.

12. Copy of divorce decree of petitioner.

13. Copy of divorce decree of beneficiary, translated and notarized.

14. Copy of beneficiary’s birth certificate translated and notarized.

15. Copy of passport pages of beneficiary as evidence of citizenship in P.R.C.

16. Evidence of relationship:

a. Evidence of travel to and in China. (boarding passes and baggage claim stubs receipts etc.)

b. Photos of us together along with family and friends. (Sending about 40 with 200 backup she will take to interview)

b. Evidence of efforts to combine finances. Unsuccessful but I have emails stating I can not, but she has two new credit cards!

c. Copies of affidavits sworn to and affirmed by third parties having personal knowledge of our bonafide marriage.

d. Evidence of gifts sent (Receipts and pictures).

e. Evidence of continuing communication in the form of email, phone calls, chat, and video chats.

about 40 emails with several hundred she will take to the interview, phone log showing about 100 phone calls and about 50 pages of

chat transcripts.[/size]

Sorry about the long post but I'm nervous about this and don't want to miss anything. I thought about having an attorney look over our package but he wanted $1,000 to look at it. I think that is just too much for a couple hours of work.

Thanks in advance for your comments and suggestions.

All I sent i with the I-130 (for proof of a bonafide ralationship) was 9 photos,, like 3 of the wedding and 9 others together.

An affidavit from my daughter that she know about the relationship and subsequent marriage... The rest of your list looks good.

You can send all of the extra stuff. Might want to make sure it is well organzed,, so that some goverment employee doesn't think

this is way too much stuff to review. Not sure if this stuff gets electronically scanned in or not.

Regards,

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Thanks for all the great replies. I am not sending in originals at this time. Everything other than the I-130 and G-325A are copies. After further review I think I will take out the extra comments on the Red Flag issues, I think you guys are right it might cause them to ask more questions. I have also cut down the number of emails and created a chat log in Excel with the date time and duration of most of our chats. I will send all the transcripts, all the emails, and all our photos with my wife for the interview.

As far as the assembly of the package I plan to put things into sections with a TOC at the beginning and a TAB at the bottom of the page for each section. I agree I want to make it as easy as possible for the fine folks at USCIS and NVC to locate what they want.

Thanks and wish us luck.

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profil...l=&id=69458

What does not kill us will piss us off immeasurably!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.