6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I am new to this site and have been reading other entries for some time now.

My fiance arrived from China 5/22/09 and we were married 6/22/09.

I want to know what forms do I need to send to USCIS other than our Marriage certificate and I-864?

She is not going to be working any time soon, or driving until her English is better.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Yan and Arty

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I want to know what forms do I need to send to USCIS other than our Marriage certificate and I-864?

She is not going to be working any time soon, or driving until her English is better.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Yan and Arty

Much more background is needed.. fill in your timeline so we know what stage you are at and what has been done... what type of visa did the OP access the US with?

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Yan and Arty

Since she came here on a K1, you need to adjust status now. Here is the link to the guide:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3aos

You might as well submit an application for work authorization and also for advance parole to travel, since submitting them with the adjustment of status application is for free.

Good luck

K1 at VSC 06/13/08 - 12/18/08 - DONE!

AOS at MSC/CSC 04/07/09 - 07/08/09 - DONE!

bfhrm4.png

ROC at VSC

03/25/2011 Mailed ROC to VSC via USPS

03/28/2011 ROC was delivered to VSC

04/04/2011 Received NOA dated 03/29/2011

04/25/2011 Received biometric appointment letter

05/05/2011 Early biometrics done in Alexandria, VA

[05/20/2011 Biometrics appointment in Alexandria, VA]

10/18/2011 Received email saying "Card production ordered"

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Yan and Arty

Since she came here on a K1, you need to adjust status now. Here is the link to the guide:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3aos

You might as well submit an application for work authorization and also for advance parole to travel, since submitting them with the adjustment of status application is for free.

Good advice! The best advice for you is here in the guides and the thousands who are in your same shoes.

moving right along

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

there is an entire forum for this process...

since this is not a K-1 question but adjustment of status.... moving thread

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

In addition, even if she isn't working still apply for the EAD - she can use it as official government identification until the green card arrives. Also, do apply for AP - while you may not intend to leave the US for any reason, emergencies back home can happen when you least expect it and the last thing you need to be worrying about at such a time is trying to get emergency permission to leave and return to the US. If you leave without the AP then you abandon the AOS and have to start all over again for a spousal visa with your wife outside of the country. The forms are included in with the filing fee whether you use them or not, so use them - consider them a type of insurance.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.