VanessaTony

Australian Beneficiaries - Packet 3 to Interview date

1,038 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
You are a great help to those Aussies following you Vanessa :D thanks!!!!

I'm hoping to get packet 3 very soon as the package was sent from NVC late last week to Sydney

Aww thanks guys! Not long for you now! Keep us informed :D

30 days till my wedding now. Invites went out this week so we've gotta keep a look out for RSVP's :) Just signed up for a bank account today. I needed a social security number to do that. Further advice there... my banker (oooo I have a personal banker now & she said no matter where i am, I can call her for help :P) said that it can take up to a month to get my number "on all the systems" so not to be surprised if some stuff doesn't work for me yet. However she found a way around it and I should be getting my bank card and personal cheques (yeah I'm still spelling it that way :P) in the mail in 7-11 days she says :D Woot! She set me up for Netbank.. gave me the info for sending money from my Australian account to my US account. I had some US money so I banked that and it's all pretty exciting :)

awesome Vanessa! now you can go work hehehe :)

hey guys, i got my DS3032 accepted for the CR1 which means i can now pay my interview bill and send my final package over then CASE COMPLETE and i will have an interview in Sydney!

oh my god its too exciting being this close now!!! :D

OH YAY!! Wow.. we're all doing really well and that's great to read!

Have you booked your flights or anything yet? I still need to book mine to get back to Tony's hometown for final wedding preparations :P I should be there 2 weeks and tony will join me in the last week. So much to do, so little time :D

Just received my pkt 3 via email today so will be doing lots of reading now to make sure I have it all

Medical is only a week in brisbane so that is good, will do police check next week

Wahoo it is so close.

J

April 1, 2010 - AOS, EAD, AP package sent

April 7, 2010 - Package received

April 14, 2010 - NOA's for AOS, EAD and AP

May 27, 2010 - Biometrics Taken

June 17, 2010 - Interview letter received

July 23, 2010 - Interview date

July 23, 2010 - approved

May 17, 2012 - I751 filed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

We just got our packet 3 in the mail yesterday too. omg, Vannessa......this thread is a godsend!

Wish I'd looked in here a month ago to welcome you to Houston!

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Sydney, Australia

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-06

I-129F Received VSC: 2009-07-08

I-129F check cashed: 2009-07-13

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-09

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 :

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats :

Timeline
Just received my pkt 3 via email today so will be doing lots of reading now to make sure I have it all

Medical is only a week in brisbane so that is good, will do police check next week

Wahoo it is so close.

J

Hey, I am a brisvegas person too, who are you seeing your your medical? any info about that and how your police check went would be amazing!! I'm expecting my NOA2 at the beginning of next month and I'm worried about getting all this done before the end of January 2010...I have a return ticket I can use back to the States and I'd hate to not be able to use it :)

Vanessa.....SO HAPPY you are back with your FH! I got a bit emotional when I read about you being back with Tony, I can't wait to be back with Alex an d it reminded me of the last time we had an airport reunion. It's only been four months apart but it feels like a lifetime!! Good luck with all the wedding planning, can't wait to see pictures of you looking like a beautiful bride :)

Donna, I hope you get your case approval soon so you can get back for your first anniversary...I'm thinking happy thoughts for all of you!

Married February 20, 2010

Permanent Resident April 22, 2010

Naturalized Citizen January 14, 2014

Proud Dual Citizen of Australia and the USA!

thanks astrid and vanessa...and whoever else replied hehe. i lose track of all our aussie buddies now! :P

omg.. i HOPE i get an interview by nov. even to get one before the anniversary would be wonderful but im just hoping on one in any time in november really, so i can make it there by xmas!

i am just waiting for the words "Case Complete" and the interview scheduling now. soooo excited.

i want to book a flight, but in case i somehow get an early interview, i wont just yet... im definitely buying some US dollars though as our dollar is so good at the moment, and mum said she would like to give me $1,000 AU to take with me.. which is lovely.. so i will get it changed to USD asap!

how are you guys going????

Timeline
thanks astrid and vanessa...and whoever else replied hehe. i lose track of all our aussie buddies now! :P

omg.. i HOPE i get an interview by nov. even to get one before the anniversary would be wonderful but im just hoping on one in any time in november really, so i can make it there by xmas!

i am just waiting for the words "Case Complete" and the interview scheduling now. soooo excited.

i want to book a flight, but in case i somehow get an early interview, i wont just yet... im definitely buying some US dollars though as our dollar is so good at the moment, and mum said she would like to give me $1,000 AU to take with me.. which is lovely.. so i will get it changed to USD asap!

We're doing ok...we keep moving up Igor's list which is awesome, but no touches on the USCIS site yet. We...or at least, I, am in full wedding planning mode. We haven't set a date as such, but we are aiming for February 20th, We have a place for the ceremony and reception lined up (Alex's boss graciously offered us the use of her home and beautiful garden for free!), I have my dress (yay), and we are on the lookout for caterers and someone to make our wedding cupcake tower (cupcakes om nom nom), so as soon as we know that I am golden, we are going to book! It's such a hassle though, trying to find wedding vendors and stuff when you are on the other side of the world...plus, Alex being a bloke, isn't too into the details and stuff. A tad frustrating but we are getting there. Hey, USCIS! I'm ready to hurry up and get hitched, but you're slowing me down here!

Married February 20, 2010

Permanent Resident April 22, 2010

Naturalized Citizen January 14, 2014

Proud Dual Citizen of Australia and the USA!

Timeline
We just got our packet 3 in the mail yesterday too. omg, Vannessa......this thread is a godsend!

Congratulations!! It makes me really happy to read that this thread helps people because that's why I started it. Thank you for the belated welcome to Houston :D The number one thing that bothered be being here was the hard water and what it did to my hair!! lol. I bought Pantene and it didn't help at all. Made my hair oily by the end of the day I washed it! So now I'm on Herbal Essences "Drama Clean". This stuff is a godsend :D

Good luck getting everything together. How are you progressing with all that?

Timeline
Hey, I am a brisvegas person too, who are you seeing your your medical? any info about that and how your police check went would be amazing!! I'm expecting my NOA2 at the beginning of next month and I'm worried about getting all this done before the end of January 2010...I have a return ticket I can use back to the States and I'd hate to not be able to use it :)

Vanessa.....SO HAPPY you are back with your FH! I got a bit emotional when I read about you being back with Tony, I can't wait to be back with Alex an d it reminded me of the last time we had an airport reunion. It's only been four months apart but it feels like a lifetime!! Good luck with all the wedding planning, can't wait to see pictures of you looking like a beautiful bride :)

Donna, I hope you get your case approval soon so you can get back for your first anniversary...I'm thinking happy thoughts for all of you!

Oooo return ticket? Maybe keep in mind changing the return date. i heard from my flight person that it's not that expensive to change the return leg. It'd be HEAPS cheaper than buying a new ticket so maybe ask a flight place about that and see how much you should save... just in case. I'm sure you read that I bought my ticket before we had been approved. It was VERY stressful wondering about that, so look into the cost now and it shouldn't be as bad... *fingers crossed* you're okay though. Seeing you said you're expecting NOA2 in Nov though, I think you should be okay. Just make sure you have all the P3 stuff ready to go because I waited 3 weeks till interview date. GOOD LUCK!!

I am very happy to be back with Tony :) It's just so surreal some days. I sit here and think "wow... only 2 months ago I was missing hugs and kisses". I remember the awful months of waiting, and now it's just.. normal. /happy sigh :D

Timeline

The US dollar is AWESOME at the moment. I have a bit of money I wanna change over.. but I'm not sure the best way to go about it. My family is in the country, no exchange places... anyone have any ideas? I heard about wiring money but i don't know the costs. If anyone has any ideas my bank in Australia is the ANZ.

Your mum is SUPER nice to give you $1000AUD. The transfer rate at the moment is so good she's getting the best "bang for her buck". In fact, maybe I should talk to mum and my brother about that... hmmm thanks for the reminder :D

Timeline
We're doing ok...we keep moving up Igor's list which is awesome, but no touches on the USCIS site yet. We...or at least, I, am in full wedding planning mode. We haven't set a date as such, but we are aiming for February 20th, We have a place for the ceremony and reception lined up (Alex's boss graciously offered us the use of her home and beautiful garden for free!), I have my dress (yay), and we are on the lookout for caterers and someone to make our wedding cupcake tower (cupcakes om nom nom), so as soon as we know that I am golden, we are going to book! It's such a hassle though, trying to find wedding vendors and stuff when you are on the other side of the world...plus, Alex being a bloke, isn't too into the details and stuff. A tad frustrating but we are getting there. Hey, USCIS! I'm ready to hurry up and get hitched, but you're slowing me down here!

I never used the Igor's list, I used this one: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...ge=k1historical According to this they're processing July 8th at the moment at VSC. Fingers crossed they process nice and quick for you :)

Oooo wedding planning!! I did a bit of mine from Australia but it was SUCH a pain. You can't book anything so it was all just kinda ideas and stuff. It's really nice that Alex's boss is allowing the use of her home. That makes life a bit easier :) Now you just need a celebrant :D

Me, I have almost everything ready... I need to finalise/pay deposits on photographer, videographer and DJ. I'm working on my Order of Service now. I'm looking forward to receiving my US bank card. My first US account. Woot! lol

Timeline

Congratulations!! It makes me really happy to read that this thread helps people because that's why I started it. Thank you for the belated welcome to Houston :D The number one thing that bothered be being here was the hard water and what it did to my hair!! lol. I bought Pantene and it didn't help at all. Made my hair oily by the end of the day I washed it! So now I'm on Herbal Essences "Drama Clean". This stuff is a godsend :D

Good luck getting everything together. How are you progressing with all that?

I've gotten so used to the water here that when I go someplace with much softer water it feels weird! lol

Neil's made his appt to get finger printed with the Australian Federal Police in WA.......earliest appt he could get was Dec. 18! I'm starting to round the supporting documentation up for the 134 Affidavit of Support ........ but because I'm leaving in a week to go over to Perth, I probably won't finish it until the beginning of December. I'm still thinking that we're going to have to file for an extension because our NOA2 "expires" Jan 23, 2010.

Are you still in Houston?

Try an American Express office to change money. You might not get the greatest exchange rate tho.

Edited by Tinkerbell TX

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Sydney, Australia

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-06

I-129F Received VSC: 2009-07-08

I-129F check cashed: 2009-07-13

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-09

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 :

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats :

Hey Astrid! We just booked our wedding for 20th Feb also! We're getting hitched at the House of Blues, New Orleans :D I am super excited!

well, I will be more excited with the visa in my hand, but I sent the packet 3 today so am hoping to have an interview date soon. Sooo close now :)

Once you get your NOA2 and packet 3, things start to move really quickly. I hope yours comes real soon :thumbs:

OUR TIMELINE

Feb 20 2010 - The Wedding :D

AOS

Mar 26 2010 - Sent AOS

Apr 8 2010 - Rec NOAs for AOS/EAD/AP

May 3 2010 - Original Biometrics Appointment...pfft dont ask...

May 6 2010 - AOS sent to CSC

Jun 11 2010 - Rescheduled Biometrics Appointment

Jun 2010 - Rec EAD & AP

Jul 7 2010 - notification of GC Card Production & Welcome Letter (text messages and emails)

Jul 19 2010 - Rec GC

LIFTING CONDITIONS

Apr 25 2012 - File date

Apr 30 2012 - NOA rec

May 31 2012 - Biometrics taken

Dec 18 2012 - notification of Green Card Production (text message and email)

DEC 21 2012 - Rec GC

event.png

Oooo return ticket? Maybe keep in mind changing the return date. i heard from my flight person that it's not that expensive to change the return leg. It'd be HEAPS cheaper than buying a new ticket so maybe ask a flight place about that and see how much you should save... just in case. I'm sure you read that I bought my ticket before we had been approved. It was VERY stressful wondering about that, so look into the cost now and it shouldn't be as bad... *fingers crossed* you're okay though. Seeing you said you're expecting NOA2 in Nov though, I think you should be okay. Just make sure you have all the P3 stuff ready to go because I waited 3 weeks till interview date. GOOD LUCK!!

I am very happy to be back with Tony :) It's just so surreal some days. I sit here and think "wow... only 2 months ago I was missing hugs and kisses". I remember the awful months of waiting, and now it's just.. normal. /happy sigh :D

If you can get to a post office they do it and have pretty good rates too, I think they use american express.

I use them all the time

April 1, 2010 - AOS, EAD, AP package sent

April 7, 2010 - Package received

April 14, 2010 - NOA's for AOS, EAD and AP

May 27, 2010 - Biometrics Taken

June 17, 2010 - Interview letter received

July 23, 2010 - Interview date

July 23, 2010 - approved

May 17, 2012 - I751 filed

Timeline

Was supposed to have my medical today with Dr. Charles in Port Melbourne, but about 30 mins before i was set to head up there they rang to tell me the X-ray machine was broken! :wacko:

So i'm rescheduled for Wednesday now.

TIMELINE:

December, 2008 - Started talking on plentyoffish.com

March 25, 2009 - Left Australia to to meet her

March 28, 2009 - Finally met in person!!

April 30, 2009 - Engaged

May 4, 2009 - Returned to Australia

June 26, 2009 - Filed I-129F

July 6, 2009 - NOA1 Received

July 25 - August 12, 2009 - Janet visited Simon is Australia for 2 and a half magical weeks. Met the family and is loved by all of them! :)

September 18, 2009 - NOA2!!!!!

September 28, 2009 - NVC Received

October 1, 2009 - NVC Sent

October 7, 2009 - Consulate Received

October 14, 2009 - Medical

October 17, 2009 - December 8 - Simon visiting Janet in the U.S

December 11, 2009 - Packet 3 sent

December 18, 2009 - Packet 4 received

January 12, 2010 - Interview date

January 14 2010 - Visa Received

January 23 2010 - US Entry

February 7 2010 - Marriage

Was supposed to have my medical today with Dr. Charles in Port Melbourne, but about 30 mins before i was set to head up there they rang to tell me the X-ray machine was broken! :wacko:

So i'm rescheduled for Wednesday now.

aww that's annoying Simon! but at least they got you rescheduled quickly.

Have fun back in the US with your fiancee :)

OUR TIMELINE

Feb 20 2010 - The Wedding :D

AOS

Mar 26 2010 - Sent AOS

Apr 8 2010 - Rec NOAs for AOS/EAD/AP

May 3 2010 - Original Biometrics Appointment...pfft dont ask...

May 6 2010 - AOS sent to CSC

Jun 11 2010 - Rescheduled Biometrics Appointment

Jun 2010 - Rec EAD & AP

Jul 7 2010 - notification of GC Card Production & Welcome Letter (text messages and emails)

Jul 19 2010 - Rec GC

LIFTING CONDITIONS

Apr 25 2012 - File date

Apr 30 2012 - NOA rec

May 31 2012 - Biometrics taken

Dec 18 2012 - notification of Green Card Production (text message and email)

DEC 21 2012 - Rec GC

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.