VanessaTony

Australian Beneficiaries - Packet 3 to Interview date

1,038 posts in this topic

Was supposed to have my medical today with Dr. Charles in Port Melbourne, but about 30 mins before i was set to head up there they rang to tell me the X-ray machine was broken! :wacko:

So i'm rescheduled for Wednesday now.

Hello everyone :) Im not from Australia but my fiance is there in Melbourne atm.. I read this had a little oh ####### reaction. Did they say when they would have it fixed by? My fiance has his appointment there next week, so wanted to give him a heads up about this.

Sorry to hear about your medical getting postponed, that really sux!

hugs!

Jules

Hey Jules!

Yeah they have me rescheduled for tomorrow so it looks like it was a one day problem. I'll post here and let you know what their situation is. :star:

Thanks so much! Damo is getting his fingerprinting done tomorrow, so that will be nice to get out of the way. His medical appt. is not until the 26th so all should be good. Cool part is Dr charles is right close to his work in port melb so he only has to take a half day off for that yay! He is still grumbling about going lol. I told him it wouldnt be to bad, but he hates doctors, so funny.

Wow grats on such a fast interview date! Thats so exciting! I would love for ours to be that quick, hopefully they will give us enough notice because I'm flying over for it. hehe. Hopefully qantas will have some of their great sales they have been having lately /fingers crossed. Good luck on your interview! Cant wait to see how it goes!

Thanks for letting me chat with you guys ;)

Jules

Thanks! yes, packet 4 was emailed to me :) We didn't expect it so soon, and were hoping for early November when Brian is here for a visit. But I'm not complaining - lets get this over with!

I am looking at flights now. The appointment is not till 11am, so I could take a red eye over from Adelaide but I am scared about delays and things like that. So I am thinking about heading over the night before, but lord knows the process isn't cheap and do I really want to spend more money on accommodation? Hmmm decisions, decisions. Any thoughts?

OUR TIMELINE

Feb 20 2010 - The Wedding :D

AOS

Mar 26 2010 - Sent AOS

Apr 8 2010 - Rec NOAs for AOS/EAD/AP

May 3 2010 - Original Biometrics Appointment...pfft dont ask...

May 6 2010 - AOS sent to CSC

Jun 11 2010 - Rescheduled Biometrics Appointment

Jun 2010 - Rec EAD & AP

Jul 7 2010 - notification of GC Card Production & Welcome Letter (text messages and emails)

Jul 19 2010 - Rec GC

LIFTING CONDITIONS

Apr 25 2012 - File date

Apr 30 2012 - NOA rec

May 31 2012 - Biometrics taken

Dec 18 2012 - notification of Green Card Production (text message and email)

DEC 21 2012 - Rec GC

event.png

Was supposed to have my medical today with Dr. Charles in Port Melbourne, but about 30 mins before i was set to head up there they rang to tell me the X-ray machine was broken! :wacko:

Hello everyone :) Im not from Australia but my fiance is there in Melbourne atm.. I read this had a little oh ####### reaction. Did they say when they would have it fixed by? My fiance has his appointment there next week, so wanted to give him a heads up about this.

hugs!

Jules

Hey Jules!

Yeah they have me rescheduled for tomorrow so it looks like it was a one day problem. I'll post here and let you know what their situation is. :star:

Thanks so much! Damo is getting his fingerprinting done tomorrow, so that will be nice to get out of the way. His medical appt. is not until the 26th so all should be good. Cool part is Dr charles is right close to his work in port melb so he only has to take a half day off for that yay! He is still grumbling about going lol. I told him it wouldnt be to bad, but he hates doctors, so funny.

Wow grats on such a fast interview date! Thats so exciting! I would love for ours to be that quick, hopefully they will give us enough notice because I'm flying over for it. hehe. Hopefully qantas will have some of their great sales they have been having lately /fingers crossed. Good luck on your interview! Cant wait to see how it goes!

Jules

Thanks! yes, packet 4 was emailed to me :) We didn't expect it so soon, and were hoping for early November when Brian is here for a visit. But I'm not complaining - lets get this over with!

I am looking at flights now. The appointment is not till 11am, so I could take a red eye over from Adelaide but I am scared about delays and things like that. So I am thinking about heading over the night before, but lord knows the process isn't cheap and do I really want to spend more money on accommodation? Hmmm decisions, decisions. Any thoughts?

I am thinking the same about the over night but it is the most important interview to date I will have so I will go day before so I can make sure delays etc are not a factor!

Good luck with your interview.

April 1, 2010 - AOS, EAD, AP package sent

April 7, 2010 - Package received

April 14, 2010 - NOA's for AOS, EAD and AP

May 27, 2010 - Biometrics Taken

June 17, 2010 - Interview letter received

July 23, 2010 - Interview date

July 23, 2010 - approved

May 17, 2012 - I751 filed

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Congrats Miss Natalie! Good luck on your interview...don't want to jinx it but we all know you will come out golden :)

I am considering coming in the night before my interview, but I am just going to stay at a YHA or something...only need to sleep there for a few hours!

Married February 20, 2010

Permanent Resident April 22, 2010

Naturalized Citizen January 14, 2014

Proud Dual Citizen of Australia and the USA!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
Oh My God! I just got my Interview date! Talk about quick, I only sent our packet 3 yesterday!

Its in TWO WEEKS! Tuesday October 27th. My heart is still racing.

Hope everythings moving as fast for ya'll! :D

Ok now I have to go book a flight to sydney...

WOW!!!!!! :dance:

Congratulations, that's super awesome!!!! Maybe Brian can get there and help you pack for the trip to your new home now rather than be there for the interview lol.

TIMELINE:

December, 2008 - Started talking on plentyoffish.com

March 25, 2009 - Left Australia to to meet her

March 28, 2009 - Finally met in person!!

April 30, 2009 - Engaged

May 4, 2009 - Returned to Australia

June 26, 2009 - Filed I-129F

July 6, 2009 - NOA1 Received

July 25 - August 12, 2009 - Janet visited Simon is Australia for 2 and a half magical weeks. Met the family and is loved by all of them! :)

September 18, 2009 - NOA2!!!!!

September 28, 2009 - NVC Received

October 1, 2009 - NVC Sent

October 7, 2009 - Consulate Received

October 14, 2009 - Medical

October 17, 2009 - December 8 - Simon visiting Janet in the U.S

December 11, 2009 - Packet 3 sent

December 18, 2009 - Packet 4 received

January 12, 2010 - Interview date

January 14 2010 - Visa Received

January 23 2010 - US Entry

February 7 2010 - Marriage

Timeline

What exactly did you send in with packet 3 Natalie?

Was it just the forms emailed to you from the consulate or did you have to send the medical and police check results in the mail as well. Haven't heard whether they come with you to the interview or get sent in.

TIMELINE:

April 30, 2009 - Engaged

July 25 - August 12, 2009 - Janet visited Simon is Australia for 2 and a half magical weeks. Met the family and is loved by all of them! :)

What exactly did you send in with packet 3 Natalie?

Was it just the forms emailed to you from the consulate or did you have to send the medical and police check results in the mail as well. Haven't heard whether they come with you to the interview or get sent in.

Thanks Simon!

You send everything into the consulate that is outlined in the packet 3, including the police check and medical results.

I sent in the following documents in packet 3:

DS-1076 Checklist & page 6

DS230- copy cos I sent this is beforehand

DS156 - 2 copies

DS156K - 1 copy unsigned

Birth certificate + copy

Letter of intent from Brian (he got this notorised too)

Letter of intent from me (not sure if you need this but it wasn't difficult and I figured it cant hurt)

Evidence of engagement - we included some documents of the engagement ring

I-134 Affidavit of Support (we had this notorised, but I don't think that is necessary anymore)

Bri's tax transcripts for last 3 years, a letter from his work, some of his paystubs

A letter from Brian's bank outlining his account and a statement

Police Certificate & Fingerprints (plus copies of both)

Medical results (the doctor gave them directly to me, but it might be different here in Adelaide)

Passport Biographic Page

2 photos

Evidence of ongoing relationship - photos, emails, IMs, picture of us on our webcams, receipts of flights and travel we did together since the petition, and details of the wedding planning to date.

Plus I added a cover letter with the case number, my address and contact details and a list of the documents I included, just to be organised.

Hope this helps! Good luck with your medical tomorrow :)

OUR TIMELINE

AOS

Mar 26 2010 - Sent AOS

Jun 2010 - Rec EAD & AP

Jul 7 2010 - notification of GC Card Production & Welcome Letter (text messages and emails)

Jul 19 2010 - Rec GC

LIFTING CONDITIONS

Apr 25 2012 - File date

Apr 30 2012 - NOA rec

DEC 21 2012 - Rec GC

event.png

Timeline

Thanks Natalie. Going to try and get it all done from the U.S and hopefully get an interview date a week or so before i return back to Aus.

TIMELINE:

April 30, 2009 - Engaged

Timeline

Thankfully the medical is done!

Went in to see Dr. Charles...he was pretty quiet and not interested in much conversation other than what the medical required. He asked me the normal questions about where i was going to go and live, where my wife lives (i made sure to correct him with fiancee instead of wife) my job etc...

For the medical checkup with him it was relatively quick...he checked my eyes and ears, felt around the glands in my neck... then he had me sit on the bench so he could check my breathing. Next was a check of my ankles, pressed me stomach in a few area, then onto my armpits then ... my groin :unsure:

The whole time i was stressing like crazy over having blood taken...that sends fear through me more than just about anything! I have quite the history of passing out or throwing up after that....i'm a tough guy i know :lol:

I had a blood pressure reading before the needle (too high) after the needle (too low!) then 20 mins later (perfect). The woman who gave me the blood test was great, i let her know how i hate needles and that i don't deal with them too well, so she had me lay down and have it taken. So i got up and went to the X-ray room next...then felt the cold sweats start like i was about to pass out...but managed to get through it in one piece :P

The X-ray was straight forward, take off your shirt, breathe in and it was over. Finally i had my shots, a rubella/measles shot and a tetanus booster.

Grand total $425 :blink:

All i can say is that goodness that's done with....along with the Sydney interview this was my biggest fear!

Edited by Simon and Janet

TIMELINE:

April 30, 2009 - Engaged

Timeline

Went in to see Dr. Charles...he was pretty quiet and not interested in much conversation other than what the medical required. He asked me the normal questions about where i was going to go and live, where my wife lives (i made sure to correct him with fiancee instead of wife) my job etc...

For the medical checkup with him it was relatively quick...he checked my eyes and ears, felt around the glands in my neck... then he had me sit on the bench so he could check my breathing. Next was a check of my ankles, pressed me stomach in a few area, then onto my armpits then ... my groin :unsure:

The whole time i was stressing like crazy over having blood taken...that sends fear through me more than just about anything! I have quite the history of passing out or throwing up after that....i'm a tough guy i know :lol:

I had a blood pressure reading before the needle (too high) after the needle (too low!) then 20 mins later (perfect). The woman who gave me the blood test was great, i let her know how i hate needles and that i don't deal with them too well, so she had me lay down and have it taken. So i got up and went to the X-ray room next...then felt the cold sweats start like i was about to pass out...but managed to get through it in one piece :P

The X-ray was straight forward, take off your shirt, breathe in and it was over. Finally i had my shots, a rubella/measles shot and a tetanus booster.

All i can say is that goodness that's done with....along with the Sydney interview this was my biggest fear!

I am sure you are relieved thats over and done with.. I had mine last week and pretty simple and painless. I am the same as you with giving blood so I lay down for it as well..

The costs on the medical is really crazy but oh well what can you do..

I am now waiting on my police report, and I-134 paperwork and then should be able to send packet 3 in.

I think i will be relieved once I get my interview date and its all over and done with. I dont plan to move until Feb 2010 but I just want to put the visa process behind me so I can focuss on the wedding and getting ready for the move. Its weird how the visa process takes control of your life

Carol

yeah i had mine last Friday and picking it up from him today, my experiance with him was the same, didn't want to talk lol but you left out the main thing "How old are you?" he much have asked me 4-5 times, and even yesterday when i talked to him on the phone twice yesterday he asked me "hoe old are you?" my birthday was on the 1st and well i was glad I got it right every time lol :)

Grats on everyones Progress!!!

And hopes of progression to those stuck

yeah i had mine last Friday and picking it up from him today, my experiance with him was the same, didn't want to talk lol but you left out the main thing "How old are you?" he much have asked me 4-5 times, and even yesterday when i talked to him on the phone twice yesterday he asked me "hoe old are you?" my birthday was on the 1st and well i was glad I got it right every time lol :)

Grats on everyones Progress!!!

And hopes of progression to those stuck

LoL, you should have asked him how old he was that he coudnt remember what you said! :devil:

Thanks for the update of the steps he takes during the medical, I'll pass that on to Damo so he stops worrying about it. He had his fingerprinting done yesterday. Nice to have that one out of the way, since its the longest one to wait for.

Have a good one!

Jules

ROC

Date Sent : 06/07/2012

Date Received :06/09/2012

Check Cashed : 06/13/2012

NOA Date : 06/11/2012

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Greencard Received:

pwned_girl.gif

Timeline

Haha he only asked me once how old I was.

I don't think he repeated a question at all.

TIMELINE:

April 30, 2009 - Engaged

hugs!

Jules

Hey Jules!

Jules

I am thinking the same about the over night but it is the most important interview to date I will have so I will go day before so I can make sure delays etc are not a factor!

Just an update: I decided to play it safe and am going over to Sydney the night before the interview. I found a hotel for $77 for the night. It's called The Grand and it's on Hunter St, about a 2 minute walk to the MLC building according to the desk staff. It's shared bathrooms but I'm a seasoned youth hosteller, so that doesn't bother me in the slightest.

I am so ready to get this interview done! :whistle: Since I came back to Australia I have been temping in offices, but this time of year the work is starting to dry up. Right now, I have too much time to twiddle my thumbs and start freaking out!

I have started looking at flights back to the US, and originally we were thinking mid January, because I would like to spend Christmas with my family. But now impatience is starting to kick in, and November/December is on my mind. Has anyone got anything to report about V Australia? They seem to have pretty decent prices.

We do need to consider the 90 day window with the wedding though. We've decided on Feb 20th for the wedding date, which means if I go back in November or December, we will be cutting it really fine. Besides, It's best to get married pretty quickly right and get the next round of paperwork started?

Have a good day ya'll :)

OUR TIMELINE

AOS

Mar 26 2010 - Sent AOS

Jun 2010 - Rec EAD & AP

Jul 19 2010 - Rec GC

LIFTING CONDITIONS

Apr 25 2012 - File date

Apr 30 2012 - NOA rec

DEC 21 2012 - Rec GC

event.png

Timeline

hugs!

Jules

Hey Jules!

Jules

Just an update: I decided to play it safe and am going over to Sydney the night before the interview. I found a hotel for $77 for the night. It's called The Grand and it's on Hunter St, about a 2 minute walk to the MLC building according to the desk staff. It's shared bathrooms but I'm a seasoned youth hosteller, so that doesn't bother me in the slightest.

I am so ready to get this interview done! :whistle: Since I came back to Australia I have been temping in offices, but this time of year the work is starting to dry up. Right now, I have too much time to twiddle my thumbs and start freaking out!

I have started looking at flights back to the US, and originally we were thinking mid January, because I would like to spend Christmas with my family. But now impatience is starting to kick in, and November/December is on my mind. Has anyone got anything to report about V Australia? They seem to have pretty decent prices.

We do need to consider the 90 day window with the wedding though. We've decided on Feb 20th for the wedding date, which means if I go back in November or December, we will be cutting it really fine. Besides, It's best to get married pretty quickly right and get the next round of paperwork started?

Hi Miss Natalie,

My fiance Billy flew V Australia on his last flight to Sydney and he reported they were really good apart from the fact they lost his bags on the way here and on the way back.. The bags arrived eventually after a day or so.

I plan on having the wedding as soon as I arrive so that i can start the adjustment paperwork. I also am coming back to Australia for a wedding her a few months after..

hugs!

Jules

Hey Jules!

Jules

Thanks for that info on a place to stay. I just got off the phone to NVC and they sent our paperwork to the consulate today! yay! Hopefully we can get an interview date soon, so I can finally buy my plane ticket. Im so not going to miss that interview, I want to be there with Damo so he doesnt get to nervous, hehe. Its almost mind blowing how fast things progress once you get out of USCIS.

Damo told me that he wants to spend christmas with his family this year as well and then come over in february. But I told him the other day, that its going to be harder than he thinks putting me back on the plane to the US alone when he actually has an approved visa already. Yeah we will see how he holds out on that lol.

ROC

Date Sent : 06/07/2012

Date Received :06/09/2012

Check Cashed : 06/13/2012

NOA Date : 06/11/2012

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Greencard Received:

pwned_girl.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.