833 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
I've got my packet 4 today. My interview is set on December 30th.

Ok, I know it may sound wrong but I was hoping to get the interview before Christmas so I'm a bit disappointed.

You know, as a gift. ;)

Well, now, to book medicals...

Heyiii Ileana.. I live in Bosnia, it is not so near to Romania (like Serbia), but we are quite near :D!

I had my medical yesterday.. I think that it was ok.. X ray, and blod test is great!

I have incomplete vaccination history, but I also think that wont be a problem?

I am a little bit confused! Do you know, how much time can pass between the medical and the date of interview.. Because, I am just waiting that documents that Faruk sent arrive.. So I am hoping that next week they will be in my hands and that I can call embassy!

Ohhh I am nervous about the interview :(

Sorry I have been out of the loop for awhile. Have you sent in your Packet 3 already or are you waiting until after Faruk's documents arrived? Paul sent his Packet 3 to the London Embassy on the 16th of this month. Then I called DOS multiple times :) and they finally told me this past Wed the 25th that they received everything they needed and we are now eligible for the interview but nothing has been set up yet. Running parallel to this, Paul set up his medical which is scheduled for the 15th of December. But this may be one of those that is different depending on the Embassy.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London, England

I-129F Sent : Jul 10, 2009, Fri (wonderful day); I-129F Recvd: Jul 11, 2009, Sat

Check being cashed: Jul 15, 2009, Wed (whoo hoo, in the process)

I-129F NOA1 : Jul 13, 2009 (date on letter); I-129F NOA1: July 20, 2009 (day letter actually arrived)

Victoria went to England: Aug 29 - Sep 7

I-129F RFE(s) : none, awesome; I-129F NOA2 : Sep 21, 2009

Craigy went to US: Oct 16 - Oct 24

NVC Left : Sep 25, 2009

Packet 3 Sent to Craigy: Oct 6, 2009 (per DOS), Oct 9, 2009 Craigy recvd; Sent out Nov 16; Eligible for Interview: Nov 25 (per DOS)

Victoria going to England: Dec 25 - Jan 4 Interview while Victoria is visiting Paul. Dec 29, 2009 8 am Success. Jan 3, 2009 Courier dropped off Passport with Visa

Craigy Enters US: March 31st

Marriage: May 1, 2010

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've got my packet 4 today. My interview is set on December 30th.

Ok, I know it may sound wrong but I was hoping to get the interview before Christmas so I'm a bit disappointed.

You know, as a gift. ;)

Well, now, to book medicals...

Heyiii Ileana.. I live in Bosnia, it is not so near to Romania (like Serbia), but we are quite near :D!

I had my medical yesterday.. I think that it was ok.. X ray, and blod test is great!

I have incomplete vaccination history, but I also think that wont be a problem?

I am a little bit confused! Do you know, how much time can pass between the medical and the date of interview.. Because, I am just waiting that documents that Faruk sent arrive.. So I am hoping that next week they will be in my hands and that I can call embassy!

Ohhh I am nervous about the interview :(

Sorry I have been out of the loop for awhile. Have you sent in your Packet 3 already or are you waiting until after Faruk's documents arrived? Paul sent his Packet 3 to the London Embassy on the 16th of this month. Then I called DOS multiple times :) and they finally told me this past Wed the 25th that they received everything they needed and we are now eligible for the interview but nothing has been set up yet. Running parallel to this, Paul set up his medical which is scheduled for the 15th of December. But this may be one of those that is different depending on the Embassy.

Hello..

In our country, we dont send Packet 4 to the embassy.. we bring it personaly on the interview.. So when I have medical and all the documents prepared, I call embassy to have an interview :)!

Wish me good luck! I hope that next week I can call embassy!

Hugs!

Sister Ileana :), when are you going to USA?

Consulate : Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina

I-129F Sent : July 11, 2009

I-129F NOA1 : July 14, 2009

I-129F RFE(s) : None, thank God

I-129F NOA2 : November 04, 2009

Interview: December 15, 2009

Visa received: December 16, 2009

loveshower.gifloveshower.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline
Now have the interview date!!!!! :yes:

Can anyone tell me after the interview, when do we get the visa in the hand? Is it the same day or do they send it to me by mail?

Thanks

Congratz!

But you made a mistake in your timeline, you set it in 2010! ;)

For the visa, it depends on the embassy, I know France sends it back to you by mail (with a special express mail enveloppe you have to bring at the interview).

And it sounds like in the UK you pay a courier company when you leave and then it gets delivered not that long after assuming not pending additional documentation.

OK, thanks. I know some things are not the same here in Argentina.

Not sure what they do, trying to find out.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Victor's interview is scheduled for February 3rd. Are you kidding me? FEBRUARY? Everyone I had spoken to previously said they tend to schedule 2-3 weeks out in Madrid. We had not planned for this at all. I told him to stop looking for a job in the interim b/c I had told him at this point, he will be here in a month. So much for that thought.

07-17-2009 I-129F sent

07-22-2009 NOA1 date

07-24-2009 check cleared

07-30-2009 NOA1 received via snail mail

10-14-2009 NOA2 (we were around #187 on Igor's List)

12-30-2009 Interview in Madrid!

02-01-2010 Visa in Hand - finally!

03-08-2010 POE Orlando, FL

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Estonia
Timeline

Interview on thursday. I have gathered sooo much paperwork, they will probably laugh at the embassy..... Any last minute advice?

Victor's interview is scheduled for February 3rd. Are you kidding me? FEBRUARY? Everyone I had spoken to previously said they tend to schedule 2-3 weeks out in Madrid. We had not planned for this at all. I told him to stop looking for a job in the interim b/c I had told him at this point, he will be here in a month. So much for that thought.

Sorry about that. Wow.. February is sooo far away, but at least then you will be totally prepared.

AOS Timeline

06-12-10 : Mailed AOS Package

06-14-10 : Package Received at Chicago Lockbox

06-21-10 : Received Email & Text NOAs

06-22-10 : check cashed

06-24-10 : Paper copies of NOA's

06-28-10 : Biometrics appointment letter ( 7/22)

07-02-10 : Biometrics walk-in

07-08-10 : touch

07-09-10 : touch

07-14-10 : touch

07-15-10 : touch

07-19-10 : AOS transferred to California Service Center

07-20-10 : touch

07-26-10 : touch

07-27-10 : touch

08-07-10 : touch on I-765

08-16-10 : EAD approved, card production ordered.

08-25-10 : EAD and Travel document in mail

12-1-10 : touch

12-2-10 : touch

01-04-2011: GREEN CARD APPROVED ( no interview)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
Victor's interview is scheduled for February 3rd. Are you kidding me? FEBRUARY?

OMG that's horrible. At least he won't delayyou with having to finish up stuff there though! He can get it all handled in the next 2 months. :D

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

OMG that's horrible. At least he won't delayyou with having to finish up stuff there though! He can get it all handled in the next 2 months. :D

We were concerned because his police paper from Peru expires in December, and it was SUCH an ordeal to get it "quickly". Quickly was nearly 3 months. I called the Embassy in Madrid today and his interview is now December 30th! That saves 5 weeks. So nice that they changed it for us. I don't think it would have been an issue to be a little bit expired, I think they take them for 6 months or a year from issuance? Regardless of the expiration date on the paper. I am just happy he will have it before the end of the year.

I hope everyone else gets their interview dates soon.

07-17-2009 I-129F sent

07-22-2009 NOA1 date

07-24-2009 check cleared

07-30-2009 NOA1 received via snail mail

10-14-2009 NOA2 (we were around #187 on Igor's List)

12-30-2009 Interview in Madrid!

02-01-2010 Visa in Hand - finally!

03-08-2010 POE Orlando, FL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Hi sister Azra! ;)

Close enough for me! :) Congrats on your medical! Vaccination was not a problem for me. They said that if there's anything else (in terms of necessary vaccination) I can do it while in the States.

In my case they scheduled the interview 9 days after I called the embassy. It ranges widely from one country to another. Some countries schedule the interview in a matter of days while others in a matter of months. I think you should check VJ for similar cases.

If I were you I'd already call to schedule the interview. You will get the documents in a matter of days now, right?

I am leaving on Dec. 17. As soon as I get there I will let you know.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!!

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" Krishna Murti

"It is necessary for us to learn from others' mistakes. You will not live

long enough to make them all yourself." Admiral Hyman Rickover

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

We were concerned because his police paper from Peru expires in December, and it was SUCH an ordeal to get it "quickly". Quickly was nearly 3 months. I called the Embassy in Madrid today and his interview is now December 30th! That saves 5 weeks. So nice that they changed it for us. I don't think it would have been an issue to be a little bit expired, I think they take them for 6 months or a year from issuance? Regardless of the expiration date on the paper. I am just happy he will have it before the end of the year.

I hope everyone else gets their interview dates soon.

Wow, yes that's very lucky! Good thing that you gave it a shot, I personnaly wouldn't have believed this would be possible. :)

My police record needs to be 3 months old max but that varies depending on which country issue the police record. It was mentionned on Packet 3 checklist.

I think standard is 6 months.

Last significant immigration event:

ROC: Approved : 04/17/2013

USCIS works in mysterious ways...

Hi everyone,

Update:

Aja had her medical last Tuesday in Prague, and the interview is scheduled to be on December 15. She was waiting for her police record to come from UK. Now she has.

She will be staying in Prague for 3 days, since she will get her visa (hopefully) the next day.

Good luck to every one. :thumbs:

Consulate : Prague, Czech Republic

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-15

Check Cashed: 2009-07-22

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-20

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-01

NVC Received : 2009-10-06

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-15

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2009-12-15

Visa Received : 2009-12-16

US Entry :

Marriage :

AOS:

Event Date

CIS Office : Washington DC

Date Filed : 2010-07-26

NOA Date : 2010-08-06

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 2010-09-09

AOS Transfer** :

Interview Date :2011-01-07

Approval / Denial Date :2011-01-07

Approved : Yes

Got I551 Stamp : No

Greencard Received:

Comments :

Hi everyone,

Update:

Aja had her medical last Tuesday in Prague, and the interview is scheduled to be on December 15. She was waiting for her police record to come from UK. Now she has.

She will be staying in Prague for 3 days, since she will get her visa (hopefully) the next day.

Good luck to every one. :thumbs:

Hello my friends!

Ohhh cool Ahmed, so Alena is going to have an interview on December 15! GOOD LUCK!

Today I called embassy, and my interview is scheduled for Decembar 15 too! Wish me good luck :(!

I am so worried :("

RAchel, any news?

Take care

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Estonia
Timeline

GREAT NEWS...

We had our visa interview on thursday (dec.3) and we were approved. Visa should be in hand in about a week.

The consular officer had a million and one questions but we got it.... PS. embassy didnt look at any of the financial or relationship evidence.

Looking for planetickets to fly home for Christmas...

Good luck to those who are waiting for their interviews...

I am soooo happy.

AOS Timeline

06-12-10 : Mailed AOS Package

06-14-10 : Package Received at Chicago Lockbox

06-21-10 : Received Email & Text NOAs

06-22-10 : check cashed

06-24-10 : Paper copies of NOA's

06-28-10 : Biometrics appointment letter ( 7/22)

07-02-10 : Biometrics walk-in

07-08-10 : touch

07-09-10 : touch

07-14-10 : touch

07-15-10 : touch

07-19-10 : AOS transferred to California Service Center

07-20-10 : touch

07-26-10 : touch

07-27-10 : touch

08-07-10 : touch on I-765

08-16-10 : EAD approved, card production ordered.

08-25-10 : EAD and Travel document in mail

12-1-10 : touch

12-2-10 : touch

01-04-2011: GREEN CARD APPROVED ( no interview)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
GREAT NEWS...

We had our visa interview on thursday (dec.3) and we were approved. Visa should be in hand in about a week.

The consular officer had a million and one questions but we got it.... PS. embassy didnt look at any of the financial or relationship evidence.

I am soooo happy.

Wonderful News! Congrats! :thumbs:

Consulate : London, England

I-129F Sent : Jul 10, 2009, Fri (wonderful day); I-129F Recvd: Jul 11, 2009, Sat

Check being cashed: Jul 15, 2009, Wed (whoo hoo, in the process)

I-129F NOA1 : Jul 13, 2009 (date on letter); I-129F NOA1: July 20, 2009 (day letter actually arrived)

Victoria went to England: Aug 29 - Sep 7

I-129F RFE(s) : none, awesome; I-129F NOA2 : Sep 21, 2009

Craigy went to US: Oct 16 - Oct 24

NVC Left : Sep 25, 2009

Packet 3 Sent to Craigy: Oct 6, 2009 (per DOS), Oct 9, 2009 Craigy recvd; Sent out Nov 16; Eligible for Interview: Nov 25 (per DOS)

Victoria going to England: Dec 25 - Jan 4 Interview while Victoria is visiting Paul. Dec 29, 2009 8 am Success. Jan 3, 2009 Courier dropped off Passport with Visa

Craigy Enters US: March 31st

Marriage: May 1, 2010

GREAT NEWS...

I am soooo happy.

WONDERFUL NEWS! CONGRATULATIONS"

What did they ask you????

GREAT NEWS...

I am soooo happy.

Wonderful. Congratulations. Alena is finishing school in late February, so she won't be able to come here before that.

Consulate : Prague, Czech Republic

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-15

Check Cashed: 2009-07-22

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-20

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-01

NVC Received : 2009-10-06

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-15

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2009-12-15

Visa Received : 2009-12-16

US Entry :

Marriage :

AOS:

Event Date

CIS Office : Washington DC

Date Filed : 2010-07-26

NOA Date : 2010-08-06

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 2010-09-09

AOS Transfer** :

Interview Date :2011-01-07

Approval / Denial Date :2011-01-07

Approved : Yes

Got I551 Stamp : No

Greencard Received:

Comments :

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.